Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
471,181 - 471,200 of 536,875 Comments Last updated 21 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

The "witches" must have also shared with Gerald Gardner that the goddess curses homosexuals.

Those witches were WISE ... beyond Gerald's years.

:)
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
Catholic Cardinal Timothy Dolan recently visited a Muslim mosque in New York City. There he met with Muslims and other faith leaders. He told them, "I thank God that this day has arrived. I thank you for your welcome, I thank you for making me feel like a friend and a member of a family."
Then he made this statement: "You love God, we love God and ****** he is the same God.********!"
Muslims would certainly agree. They believe that the one true God revealed himself in the Old Testament, but the Jewish people corrupted his revelation. He revealed himself again in the New Testament, but the Christians corrupted that revelation. So he revealed himself a third time in the Qur'an. They hold Jesus ("Isa" in Arabic) to be one of their six most important prophets. But they reject as heresy all claims that he is divine.
The Qur'an is explicit: "They do blaspheme who say:'God is Christ the son of Mary.' They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a trinity: for there is no God except one God Allah. If they do not desist from their word of blasphemy, verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them. Christ the son of Mary was no more than a Messenger" (Qur'an 5:72-73, 75). It adds: "Jesus was no more than a mortal whom Allah favored and made an example to the Israelites. They are unbelievers who say God is Messiah, Mary's son" (Qur'an 43:59).
Why is Islam's reject of Jesus' divinity relevant to our question? Because the Bible explicitly says that rejecting the Son is rejecting the Father. Jesus warned, "he who rejects me rejects him who sent me" (Luke 10:16). He told the religious authorities, "the work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent" (John 6:29). He said of himself, "Whoever believes in him does not stand condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son" (John 3:18). 1 John 2:23 is clear: "No one who denies the Son has the Father."
Here's the bottom line: When Muslims reject Jesus' divinity, they reject his Father as well.
How can you and I respond? Ramadan, a month-long time of prayer and fasting for Muslims, will be July 9 to August 7 this year. During these days you can pray specifically for Jesus to reveal his divinity to Muslims as they pray. Such visions are occurring around the Muslim world today.
KayMarie
Again, yu are really showing how very unChristian you really are. We all have the same God. In fact the Muslims honor the Blessed Virgin more than protestants. I know many Muslims in my life, and they are peaceful people. God loves Muslims too . And if you don't love your neighbor, you don't love God.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> This is what he means by cresting evil, which is far from what you think, which you are wrong. First, let it be noticed that the 1 John 4 text introduced by the questioner does not demonstrate a contradiction. To demonstrate a contradiction on the question of whether God created evil or not, one would need to present a text which states that God did create evil, and then another which states that He did not. 1 John 4:8 simply is not that verse.
Regarding Isaiah 45:7, indeed, the KJV states, "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." In this, is God declaring Himself to be responsible for sinful actions? Consider the contrast in the first clause of the verse, and we will understand the contrast in the second clause. God made both the light and the darkness (which are opposites to each other). God likewise made peace and evil. What is meant here by evil? This Hebrew word ‘ra can be otherwise translated "adversity, affliction, bad, calamity". The NKJV renders this second clause, "...I make peace and create calamity..."
Similarly, Amos 3:6 is recorded in the KJV as "...shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?" The NKJV renders this as, "If there is calamity in a city, will not the LORD have done it?"
In addition, it is noteworthy that both these texts are written by prophets who wrote to a people who had turned from the LORD, and thus who stood in judgment before Him. Indeed, He brought calamity upon them. They endured adversity and afflictions — things got bad. But this evil was brought upon them by the LORD, that they might forsake their wicked ways, and turn back to the path of righteousness.
There is no contradiction here.
NONSENSE.

You KNOW that you believe you are working for the good of the lord to in turn clear up the world of evil.

I suggest you believe that the bible fell into your hands as being heaven-sent because Jesus needs you to do his work on earth.

Your avatar makes that PLAIN.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>This is what you posted,*It is insanity for one to believe that they can receive wholesome Spiritual food from a sodomizer or a homosexual.* Christ works through the priest, Christ is the Eucharist. You are pure evil, plain and simple. The devil loves how you hate what Christ gives us. I have read filth from pro aborts, but yours....yours is more evil. May God give you the intelegences to see where you are wrong.
~~~

THERE IS ONLY ONE PRIEST IN THE GENTILE CHURCH...

HIS NAME IS JESUS...

Heb_4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

___

Co 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

1Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

___

JESUS GAVE THE CHURCH THE FIVE FOLD MINISTRY...

Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cults are "man made" religions, applicable to the Protestant Reformation, beginning with Luther (and the other 42,000 contradicting bible only "man-made" cults that followed him..... The Catholic Church was and is the ONLY CHURCH established, formed and initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF, over 2000 years ago. There is "only one TRUTH", not 42,000 inconsistent "opinionated" relative truths.
I have a feeling June really wants to believe and maybe she does but is very lonely and in need of prayers. Christ loves her very much.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

The faithful Jews believe that Jehovah is their one and only LORD.

They have no second-hand lord named Jesus. That was ex-Jew Catholic dogma meant in VAIN to in turn start a new religion.

Religion is ALL male-oriented theological BUNK.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just more of the "same old anti-catholic" bible only (trash-talking) that you, Confrinting, are so famous for. Please tell us all, "where did you get your "heretical ministry" degree from. Was it Jack Chick school of "heretical teaching and manipulation" or was it from the National Inquirer "distortion school" of "pollution editorializing" --(make it up as you go).
Maybe she is Mrs Jack Chick..... Wow, she is pathetic.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cults are "man made" religions, applicable to the Protestant Reformation, beginning with Luther (and the other 42,000 contradicting bible only "man-made" cults that followed him..... The Catholic Church was and is the ONLY CHURCH established, formed and initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF, over 2000 years ago. There is "only one TRUTH", not 42,000 inconsistent "opinionated" relative truths.
This is the cult to avoid:

www.scribd.com/doc/176861450 ...
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
THERE IS ONLY ONE PRIEST IN THE GENTILE CHURCH...
HIS NAME IS JESUS...
Heb_4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
___
Co 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
1Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
___
JESUS GAVE THE CHURCH THE FIVE FOLD MINISTRY...
Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
you are pathetic beyond words. Ole' Scratch is tappin' at your door alright.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

<quoted text>
What a joke that a Jew would have a need of a Protestant to preach the truth of pure unadulterated Judaism!

Shalom means "peace" to the Jews. And the Christians caused continual war, torture, bloodshed and death to disrupt the peace of the Jews.

And then to add insult to injury ... the Christian claim that a Jew named Jesus is willing to save them while rejecting his own Jews.

Since: Nov 13

Redditch, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of horseshit this whole topic is, if there was any organised religion on earth that gave equal standing to all of gods children, whatever their gender, or sexual orientation, I would have respect for it! The catholic, and muslim, religions are the worst for this. They spout about the only true religion, all of them, and don't recognise that all people should be equal, with equal opportunities. Including in the church hierarchy! All religious leaders are hypocritical cretins!

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> I have a feeling June really wants to believe and maybe she does but is very lonely and in need of prayers. Christ loves her very much.
OH YES! I can hardly wait to be just like you and believe that only others are EVIL!

In your nightmares ONLY!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just more of the "same old anti-catholic" bible only (trash-talking) that you, Confrinting, are so famous for. Please tell us all, "where did you get your "heretical ministry" degree from. Was it Jack Chick school of "heretical teaching and manipulation" or was it from the National Inquirer "distortion school" of "pollution editorializing" --(make it up as you go).
EVIDENTLY IN YOUR REPROBATE MIND ..

PREACHING...

.THE WORD OF GOD VERSES THE CONJECTURE OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

"pollution editorializing"

THIS IS MY CHARGE

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Richie T wrote:
<quoted text>This is the cult to avoid:
www.scribd.com/doc/176861450 ...
Are we supposed to join your cult in order to be "saved?"

How funny!

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

uknaked wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of horseshit this whole topic is, if there was any organised religion on earth that gave equal standing to all of gods children, whatever their gender, or sexual orientation, I would have respect for it! The catholic, and muslim, religions are the worst for this. They spout about the only true religion, all of them, and don't recognise that all people should be equal, with equal opportunities. Including in the church hierarchy! All religious leaders are hypocritical cretins!
Well stated. Cults are all about "Look at US! Aren't we wonderful servants of the creator!"

YUCK!

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

<quoted text>
What a joke that a Jew would have a need of a Protestant to preach the truth of pure unadulterated Judaism!

Shalom means "peace" to the Jews. And the Christians caused continual war, torture, bloodshed and death to disrupt the peace of the Jews.

And then to add insult to injury ... the Christians claim that a Jew named Jesus is willing to save them while rejecting his own Jews.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

At least the Muslims depend on the 12th Muslim Imam for their salvation.

That at least doesn't rub the faithful Jews the wrong way in the idea that one of their own turned against them to favor Muslims.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Imagine the anger felt by the Jews when the Catholics claimed that a Jew (Jesus)went to work full-time in Catholic confessionals.

Theology is ridiculous ... period ... but when it is so stretched as to be beyond ridiculous I suggest that it ought to wake people up ... rather than putting them into a deeper sleep.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>you are pathetic beyond words. Ole' Scratch is tappin' at your door alright.
~~~

HE IS NOT "TAPPIN AT MY DOOR" BUT USING YOUR OWN FINGERS TO TYPE ON YOUR PC.

I DON'T FEAR HIM

BECAUSE

I AM COVERED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS...

AND IN ORDER TO GET TO ME...

HE WILL HAVE TO COME THROUGH THE BLOOD...

AND HE

HATES IT.

Just as you hate the truth of God's word....IT REVEALS YOU UNGODLINESS...

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him/JESUS is not condemned: but he that believeth not/JESUS is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation,

that light

is come into the world, and

men loved darkness rather than light,

because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil

hateth the light,

neither cometh to the light,

lest his deeds should be reproved.

Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

uknaked wrote:
<quoted text>
They spout about the only true religion, all of them, and don't recognise that all people should be equal, with equal opportunities.
All people ARE equal and they have EQUAL OPPORTUNITY! They can "choose to follow the TRUE biblical and historical TRUTH of Jesus Christ's One True Apostolic Catholic Church ----OR---(go their own way) and follow their OWN PERSONAL OPIONIONATED,(contradiction and confusion) just like the other 42,100 divided, fractured and splinterd bible only Protestants (MAN-MADE) denominations have done since the Reformation..... No one is twisting ANYONES arm to join ANYTHING!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 729,607
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min joonie 117,741
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min Strength and Honor 172,889
Any girls looking for some sexy fun on Skype? (Dec '12) 17 min ToughTony 20
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min Aura Mytha 259,063
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 1 hr Guillermo Dread 529
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Just 103
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Helmut Prince von... 599,513

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••