Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693339 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#488468 Nov 5, 2013
Earning before where name many stay
you try deleted no you can't..
it is written

See but you are woman=angels in heaven is not man or woman!!!

How you can treat people with that if you know as it is as I say to you.

You try make someone disbelieving!

faith

yee

-there is a light beautiful golden light
Are you laying Holy Spirit?
Who give me see that?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#488469 Nov 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know..But FAITH is,simple
I agree!

And it is also very serious business to the right-fighters in all religions.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488470 Nov 5, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is not one Book. Its a collection of Books.
Many different religions and sects have different canons.
Around the time of Jesus, the Jewish sects did not recognize the same canon: the Sadducees had the Torah. They did not recognize, Daniel, Isaiah, Psalms or anything else after the torah.
The Pharisees had allot more than the Sadducees. They had close to what's in your KJV...
The Esscenes had more than the pharissees. They had Sirach, Tobit and others that became part of the Bible for the Christian.
The point I'm making, is that not only did Jesus Christ NOT establish a list of Biblical Books, the Bible itself took an infallible authority to determine the canon.
You would be horrified Rose- all of you would- if you understood that Jesus Christ considered the Book of Sirach as sacred scripture. He quoted from it!. Clearly Christianity from the earliest moments considered Sirach Biblical. So why did Martin Luther remove it 1600 yrs later? He thought the Jews Already had a determined cannon BEFORE Jesus. He was wrong.
Liam I wasn't talking about the bible here ..just how complicated RELIGION makes,salvation..

That parable had a,point ..Clay ...

If a,person ..with no chur h around ..no priest ..got a hidden copy of John...And believed ..confessed ..made Jesus,Lord of His,life ..he'd be saved ..ITS THERE..how many times did JESUS SAY ...YOUR FAITH HAS,SAVED YOU ...
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#488471 Nov 5, 2013
The one issue (in all ancient religions) on which people agreed, is that all those who were not in their own personalized religions were doomed to eternal rejection by the gods.

Some hells were deemed to be hot and some cold ... but they were all believed to be serving a "special" purpose.

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488472 Nov 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Such a contradictory fairytale you all have. The myths of Pagan Popes and Princes.
You don't believe in Sheol, you believe in Hell.
You are a Christian, not a Jew.
Sure,I believe in Sheol ..faithful Jews looking forward to Messiah certainly did not go to he'll

Jesus,spoke about it ...they were waiting for Him ..he showed up ..AMAZING GRACE INDEED ..
truth

Perth, Australia

#488473 Nov 5, 2013
freeze
shelf
then i hear after prayers but not see no
just hear
its start opening many many many many shelfs as freeze..
i been mokering and disturb trough prayers but i am as i am alive..

i did not see
but i hear its opening many many many
its opening
i hear

i see how they become from mad and dirt as purgatory starting renew body
after prayers i been dirty still i am..
but i can fill my prayers is strong

pray for anyone who need Mercy..

i can hear many opening shelf
i see how they recovering from mad dirty purgatory as sticky dirt its purgatory..i see total healing and recovery..

i say to you God can hear prayers i say to you God is Powerful..
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488474 Nov 5, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is not one Book. Its a collection of Books.
Many different religions and sects have different canons.
Around the time of Jesus, the Jewish sects did not recognize the same canon: the Sadducees had the Torah. They did not recognize, Daniel, Isaiah, Psalms or anything else after the torah.
The Pharisees had allot more than the Sadducees. They had close to what's in your KJV...
The Esscenes had more than the pharissees. They had Sirach, Tobit and others that became part of the Bible for the Christian.
The point I'm making, is that not only did Jesus Christ NOT establish a list of Biblical Books, the Bible itself took an infallible authority to determine the canon.
You would be horrified Rose- all of you would- if you understood that Jesus Christ considered the Book of Sirach as sacred scripture. He quoted from it!. Clearly Christianity from the earliest moments considered Sirach Biblical. So why did Martin Luther remove it 1600 yrs later? He thought the Jews Already had a determined cannon BEFORE Jesus. He was wrong.
They don;t want to hear the truth. They are comfortable with 1700 years of Roman lies.
All they care about Jesus is that they were told He is going to let them do what ever evil they want and reward them when they die.
They also love to fantasize that people like you and I (and the real Jesus) will be tortured for eternity for disagreeing with them.

Christianity is mostly a sick and twisted hate cult that makes a mockery of every thing Jesus taught and stood for.
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#488475 Nov 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure,I believe in Sheol ..faithful Jews looking forward to Messiah certainly did not go to he'll
Jesus,spoke about it ...they were waiting for Him ..he showed up ..AMAZING GRACE INDEED ..
Which hell would you prefer? The Muslim hell for not being Muslim ... or the Hindu hells for not being Hindu or the Jewish hell Genenna for not practicing Judaism???

That is your free will "kicking in."

Isn't religion FUN???

Now it's your turn to point at who will spend eternity in Christian hell???

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#488476 Nov 5, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is the Church of Christ. Catholic means Universal in Greek. Universal, One, Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. The 20th century 'church of christ' is a start up cult that looked at all the 45,000 denominations and figured nobody called them selves the C.O.C, so they figured what the heck....
Here is what the Book of Revelation is: it describes the Catholic Mass and the supper of the Lamb. Jesus showed John what takes place at the Mass. Heaven joins Earth as Christ becomes present in the Holy Eucharist. This was the understanding of the Church from the earliest times. Thats why they included the Book in the Bible when they compiled it in the 4th century.
I encourage you to see past the stereotypes and misconceptions about the CC.
From 5 minutes to 15
watch:
www.youtube.com/watch...
You are calling your pope a liar!!! Bully for you!!!!

Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly.

Where do you see Catholic in the definition of church?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#488477 Nov 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you presume far too much and too often!
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus Signed My Pardon

I suggest you presume far too much and too often!

I DON'T HAVE TO ASSUME ANY THING ..

I HAVE GOD'S WORD ...AND YOU AINT GOD..

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

I WAS PARDONED WHEN GOD LAID MY SINS UPON JESUS AT CALVARY...

i HAVE RECEIVED HIS FREE GIFT OF EXONERATION FOR ALL OF MY PASSED SINS

AS FOR THOSE THAT THAT CAME AFTER MY INITIAL SALVATION...

HE SAID ...

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

YOU CAN RECEIVE PARDON TOO IF YOU WILL OVERCOME YOUR STUBBORN FOOLISH ARROGANCE.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#488478 Nov 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Which hell would you prefer? The Muslim hell for not being Muslim ... or the Hindu hells for not being Hindu or the Jewish hell Genenna for not practicing Judaism???
Isn't religion FUN???
Sartre's 'No Exit' makes much more sense. LOL

Location hidden

#488479 Nov 5, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> You are so wrong, baptism is essential to one's salvation. Why do you think the very last thing Jesus told his Apostles, New Living Translation
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Baptism is shown throughout the New Testament for a reason, because it's a command to be baptized. Baptism is a Commandment of god a procedure that puts one into christ where salvation is found.
Baptism is accomplished by being immerse in water, not sprinkled. It is a burial in water, an emersion, down into the water, then raised out of the water.
Next is a list of four references on baptism. Headings are provided.
Baptism Is:
&#9726;Baptism a Command
&#9726;Baptism Essential
&#9726;Baptism Puts One into Christ
&#9726;Baptism a Burial
Baptism a Command
When reading a verse with a direct command from god we know that it must be carried out to achieve what he wants done.
List of Verses
&#9726;Matthew 28:19 (NASB)
&#9726;Mark 16:16 (NASB)
&#9726;Acts 10:48 (NASB)
Matthew 28:19 (NASB) Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
Mark 16:16 (NASB) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Acts 10:48 (NASB) And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days.
Baptism Essential
When you are baptised all past sins are forgiven.
Baptism is the only way you can get into christ the (church) for salvation. 1 Peter 3:21 (NASB)
And corresponding to that, baptism now saves you– not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience– through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
List of Verses
&#9726;Mark 16:15-16 (NASB)
&#9726;Acts 2:38 (NASB) 1
&#9726;Peter 3:21 (NASB)
Mark 16:15-16 (NASB) 15 And He said to them,“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 “He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.
I can only show you the truth in Scripture...I can't, and I would not if I could, make you believe it...

That is not what it teaches. The first two parallel verses say:
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
And these are also parallel verses:
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to his faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord's Supper.

The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.

Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#488480 Nov 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't religion FUN???
In truth it is not up to anyone to say who would be going to hell. Our faith teaches us that those who believes in Jesus as the Son of God shall have ever lasting life. The judging is God place not ours.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#488481 Nov 5, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to remember first and foremost: If salvation is that important, Jesus Christ wouldn't have required humanity to have a masters degree in Greek to decipher His Ministry.
If the Bible was all we needed, the Apostles would have made sure everyone learn Greek, Armaic and Hebrew. Then, they would have definitely given us a list of Books to put into the Bible so we could 'search the scriptures' to figure out what they were saying.
The deposit of faith from the Apostles is done. You can't uncover any secret hidden Christianity that was somehow forgotten or corrupted by the Roman Catholic Church.
The bible is very easy to understand, very easy. Throw away the catholic bible and pick up the real bible, such as the NKJV, KJV, NASV, ASV, TEB, NLT bible. You don't have to learn anything as far as a different language, just English. The bible as I said is very easy to understand. Stay away from the catholic church as they are the one that attempt to make it seem difficult to understand. They try to make it seem like only a priest can explain the bible to you, which is nonsense.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#488482 Nov 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Signed My Pardon.....
Provide a single signature.

Why do you all lie constantly ?

You must surely worship the "Father of Lies" as your religion calls it.

I would rather burn in Hell than accept your perverted religion.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#488483 Nov 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are calling your pope a liar!!! Bully for you!!!!
Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
church: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly.
Where do you see Catholic in the definition of church?
God doesn't need a pope, just more false doctrine that the Catholics decided to use. Do you really think God needs a pope, we do have Jesus Christ, or did you forget..
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488484 Nov 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asking if YOU treated people who sin the,same,way CHRIST DID ..
IT WAS VERY clear, I asked how,He treated sinners .
I asked you if you remember Jesus,saying
LET HE WHO HAS NOT SINNED CAST THE,FIRST STONE ????
Or how,the,woman at the,Well was,fossilized about ...yet Jesus,blessed her
Pointing one's,finger at people,is,NOT what HE,taught us
You are not Padre Pio..knit .you have not achieved sainthood .
You are,a woman.
Disagreeing with people,is not the,same as insulting them personally.
Nor is,driving them away from God ...by taunting and berating them .
Can you imagine how the women of Nazareth treated Mary ....when her child was so evident before she,and Joseph got married ...And shame on them...But they thought they were much more righteous,
Maybe that is,why her SON hated those who judged others ...
For how those types hurt His mother
Just a thought
The thing is you take criticism as an insult. Mary was not treated bad, I am sure God made sure of that. You get things very mixed up. Maybe you think its taunting because your conscience is bothering you. Dorothy Day said this, Don't call me a saint, I don't want to be dismissed that easily.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#488485 Nov 5, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The thing is you take criticism as an insult. Mary was not treated bad, I am sure God made sure of that. You get things very mixed up. Maybe you think its taunting because your conscience is bothering you. Dorothy Day said this, Don't call me a saint, I don't want to be dismissed that easily.
projecting?
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488486 Nov 5, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>In truth it is not up to anyone to say who would be going to hell. Our faith teaches us that those who believes in Jesus as the Son of God shall have ever lasting life. The judging is God place not ours.
You have to believe in Jesus, but you also have to receive Him through the Eucharist, FORGIVE , if you don't forgive, then Christ won't forgive you.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#488487 Nov 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only show you the truth in Scripture...I can't, and I would not if I could, make you believe it...
That is not what it teaches. The first two parallel verses say:
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
And these are also parallel verses:
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to his faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord's Supper.
The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.
It is only a story
You should not take it so seriously

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min Mr Wiggley 52,424
Jake Tapper: I Lied About Trump S Hole Comment 2 hr Haha 2
Liberals The Party Of Perversion 2 hr Hallejula 1
Walgreens is owned by Christ-rejecting Jews 4 hr Doctor REALITY 10
the Lord JEHOVAH YAHWEH..has ALWAYS EXISTED??! 4 hr Doctor REALITY 8
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Tellthetruth 992,187
I need a name for a song. 11 hr LatinoVargas55 1
More from around the web