Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,552)

Showing posts 471,021 - 471,040 of512,336
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
StarC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~```
QUESTION..
IF EVERY CHRISTIAN ON EARTH WERE JUST LIKE YOU...BELIEVED WHAT YOU BELIEVE...
LIVE as you do...
LOVE as you do...
WORSHIPED GOD... as you do..
WAS AS FAITHFUL AND HONEST... as you are..
TO GOD...
and your fellowman .
WOULD YOU GUARANTEE.... THAT IF THEY DIED SUDDENLY...and faced God
THEY WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?
Today yes, ask me again another day.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~~```
QUESTION..
IF EVERY CHRISTIAN ON EARTH WERE JUST LIKE YOU...BELIEVED WHAT YOU BELIEVE...
LIVE as you do...
LOVE as you do...
WORSHIPED GOD... as you do..
WAS AS FAITHFUL AND HONEST... as you are..
TO GOD...
and your fellowman .
WOULD YOU GUARANTEE.... THAT IF THEY DIED SUDDENLY...and faced God
THEY WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?
~~~

I you cannot answer yes...to my above questions...

WHY ARE YOU ATTEMPTING TO PERSUADE SOME ONE ELSE TO FOLLOW YOUR

EXAMPLE?

WHY DO YOU PROPAGATE UNCERTAINTY?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

And if the Wiccan goddess loves everybody, she has a strange way of showing that love.

She ought to come down from the moon ... show herself ... and say ... "Stop fighting over who the gods love and who the gods will reject!!!" You are being silly and causing the whole world unnecessary grief!"

But she stays in the moon where she lives and thrives on human imagination.

Silly people and their silly religions!!!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>OK< I [suggest] that YOU SHUT UP and go back where you came from
According to you ... did I come to earth from heaven or from hell???

Within theology, it had to be from one place or the other ... didn't it???

:)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You hope God has mercy on your soul for such a blasphemous post.
==========

First of all out of civility I did not mention that the Orthodox consider the Immaculate Conception as an innovation of Catholics and a heresy.

Second of all, Sera was referring to John Chrysostom. He is recognized by the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church as a saint and as a Doctor of the Church.Hardly a blasphemer.

Chrysostom comments on Matthew 12:46-49:
"That which I was lately saying, that when virtue is wanting all things are vain, this is now also pointed out very abundantly. For I indeed was saying, that age and nature, and to dwell in the wilderness, and all such things, are alike unprofitable, where there is not a good mind; but to-day we learn in addition another thing, that even to have borne Christ in the womb, and to have brought forth that marvellous birth, hath no profit, if there be not virtue.

And this is hence especially manifest. "For while He yet talked to the people," it is said, "one told Him, Thy mother and Thy brethren seek Thee. But He saith, who is my mother, and who are my brethren?"

And this He said, not as being ashamed of His mother, nor denying her that bare Him; for if He had been ashamed of her, He would not have passed through that womb; but as declaring that she hath no advantage from this, unless she do all that is required to be done.

For in fact that which she had essayed to do, was of superfluous vanity; in that she wanted to show the people that she hath power and authority over her Son, imagining not as yet anything great concerning Him; whence also her unseasonable approach.

See at all events both her self- confidence and theirs. Since when they ought to have gone in, and listened with the multitude; or if they were not so minded, to have waited for His bringing His discourse to an end, and then to have come near; they call Him out, and do this before all, evincing a superfluous vanity, and wishing to make it appear, that with much authority they enjoin Him.

And this too the evangelist shows that he is blaming, for with this very allusion did he thus express himself, "While He yet talked to the people;" as if he should say, What? was there no other opportunity? Why, was it not possible to speak with Him in private?

(Homilies on the Gospel According to St. Matthew, 44)

Regarding John 2:3-4, Chrysostom comments:
For where parents cause no impediment or hindrance in things belonging to God, it is our bounden duty to give way to them, and there is great danger in not doing so; but when they require anything unseasonably, and cause hindrance in any spiritual matter, it is unsafe to obey.

And therefore He answered thus in this place, and again elsewhere, "Who is My mother, and who are My brethren?" (Matt. 11,48), because they did not yet think rightly of Him; and she, because she had borne Him, claimed, according to the custom of other mothers, to direct Him in all things, when she ought to have reverenced and worshiped Him.

This then was the reason why He answered as He did on that occassion....And so this was a reason why He rebuked her on that occasion, saying, "Woman, what have I to do with thee?" instructing her for the future not to do the like; because, though He was careful to honor His mother, yet He cared much for the salvation of her soul

(Homilies on the Gospel According to St. John, 21)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
I you cannot answer yes...to my above questions...
WHY ARE YOU ATTEMPTING TO PERSUADE SOME ONE ELSE TO FOLLOW YOUR
EXAMPLE?
WHY DO YOU PROPAGATE UNCERTAINTY?
~~~

IF ALL YOU HAVE TO OFFER IS UNCERTAINTY ...

You are not only playing the lottery with you own soul

YOU ARE EXPECTING AND PERSUADING SOME ONE ELSE TO

BELIEVE A LIE AND BE DAMMED..

Mat_15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And

-->if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. <--

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

StarC wrote:
Continue...
See June, the first Christians called Catholic by St Ignatius in the first century were very much persecuted also.
Of course they were persecuted. From the perspective of other religious believers, the Christians were nuttier than fruitcakes.

And within the stupidity of religion ... nothing has changed.

Those who see through their own view-finders ... always see evil "out there" and holiness inside their own walls ... built by self's "defense."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

IF ALL YOU HAVE TO OFFER IS UNCERTAINTY ...

You are not only playing the lottery with you own soul

YOU ARE EXPECTING AND PERSUADING SOME ONE ELSE TO

BELIEVE A LIE AND BE DAMMED..

Mat_15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And

~~~~

If you religion is not of faith and you have no certain assurance of your destiny IN FOLLOWING IT...

it is a sin unto you,,

THE BIBLE SAYS

Rom_14:23

for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>OK< I [suggest] that YOU SHUT UP and go back where you came from
The catholic church is actually the biggest deceiver of mankind with there false teachings. Nothing they say is true, nothing. Pick up the King James Version or any other bible except the catholic bible and tell me if you see anything about a catholic church. The answer will be no. The bible doesn't mention anything about the catholic church or Peter becoming a pope. The catholic church branched off the true church which is the Church of Christ, which was established in the year 33AD on the day of Pentecost when Peter was preaching and the people wanted to know what they needed to do to be saved and Peter told them, repent and be baptized. That day God added 3,000 souls to the Church of Christ which Jesus said he would build. Matthew 16;18, Acts 2 37-38, Mark 16;16, Romans 16;16 The catholic came about by a few people who enjoyed the attention and gifts they were given from the roman dignitaries and thus was the beginning of the roman church when these people decided to do things the way the romans wanted things to be done. The catholic church doesn't do anything the bible says there suppose to do, nothing. Wake up and realize the catholic church is a false doctrine.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

If I was born of a perfected god ... how could I be born in sin.

My supposed soul had to come to earth from either evil or perfection ... so did a devil or a god sponsor my birth???

As is all theology ... your theology is wacky!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...boy, Clay, you are really stretching it now.....
You DO NOT understand, Clay.....
SIN is an ACT committed by the individual.......
"The soul that sins, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son."
What can we learn by these scriptures, Clay?
.....the guilt of sin cannot be passed from one generation to another.
That is not the whole of it.
The sin(iniquity) of the father is not teaching the son proper discourse through justice, fairness, and love.
The son is then left at a disadvantage as are his sons. That is the curse of the generations.
Hence, the generations bear the iniquity of the fathers.
It is what it is.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

<quoted text>
So I suggest you stop trying to LEAD and admit that you are dumb ... as are the rest of us mortal animals.

But I doubt that you and your arrogance to believe you know truth will take my suggestion as being of any worth whatsoever.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Working for the Lord wrote:
Bragging that you are working for the lord indicates that you are certain that the lord played into your scheme of giving you the only truth on earth.

How funny and how GREEDY of attitude!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The catholic church is actually the biggest deceiver of mankind with there false teachings. Nothing they say is true, nothing. Pick up the King James Version or any other bible except the catholic bible and tell me if you see anything about a catholic church. The answer will be no. The bible doesn't mention anything about the catholic church or Peter becoming a pope. The catholic church branched off the true church which is the Church of Christ, which was established in the year 33AD on the day of Pentecost when Peter was preaching and the people wanted to know what they needed to do to be saved and Peter told them, repent and be baptized. That day God added 3,000 souls to the Church of Christ which Jesus said he would build. Matthew 16;18, Acts 2 37-38, Mark 16;16, Romans 16;16 The catholic came about by a few people who enjoyed the attention and gifts they were given from the roman dignitaries and thus was the beginning of the roman church when these people decided to do things the way the romans wanted things to be done. The catholic church doesn't do anything the bible says there suppose to do, nothing. Wake up and realize the catholic church is a false doctrine.
~~~
YOU WROTE

"the true church which is the Church of Christ, which was established in the year 33AD on the day of Pentecost when Peter was preaching and the people wanted to know what they needed to do to be saved and Peter told them, repent and be baptized. That day God added 3,000 souls to the Church of Christ which Jesus said he would build. Matthew 16;18, Acts 2 37-38, Mark 16;16, Romans 16;16 "

WHILE SOME BELIEVE THE CHURCH WAS BIRTH AT PENTECOST...

I BEG TO DIFFER WITH YOU..

I BELIEVE THE CHURCH (UNDER THE GRACE DISPENSATION ..

Was birth through the (TRAVAIL)

sufferings, CRUCIFIXION DEATH OF CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR

THE CHURCH CAME FORTH IN HIS resurrection and WILL FOLLOW HIM SOON IN

HIS ascension WHEN HE RETURNS TO CATCH HIS BRIDE AWAY...

THE BIBLE SAYS

Eph_5:25 Husbands, love your wives,

-->even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; <--
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay,
Sin is disobedience to God's law.....
How can an infant/child commit disobedience to God's law?
Does an infant/child know the difference between right and wrong, Clay?
Then if you are going by the Bible alone and only the Bible, you have to conclude that Jesus sinned.
"All have sinned"

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY???
That's a lot of HIGH knowledge that you seem to know there Black Thunder.
What if the prayer happens to be of the will "that all others become Christian???"
Would that prayer represent the "ALL?"
I was referring to the closing word "AMEN".
But to answer ...yes. It is all part a part of all. IMO
Exactly what is this "HIGH knowledge" you are so worried I may have?
Please be specific, so we all may know you are not just being arrogant or condescending.
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbow has posted several times about the Churches in the Book of Rev. and their angels.
satan is the angel of the rcc, and both will be destroyed by Jesus as He told John.
You don't have a clue what the Book of Revelation is. You haven't even scratched the surface.
I suggest until then, you stop adding your opinions to Johns prophecy. Your arrogance makes you ignore the consequences of your actions.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
"the true church which is the Church of Christ, which was established in the year 33AD on the day of Pentecost when Peter was preaching and the people wanted to know what they needed to do to be saved and Peter told them, repent and be baptized. That day God added 3,000 souls to the Church of Christ which Jesus said he would build. Matthew 16;18, Acts 2 37-38, Mark 16;16, Romans 16;16 "
THE BIBLE SAYS
~~~

THE CHURCH WAS EMPOWERED(ENABLED) AT PENTECOST...

JESUS SAID...

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive

--->power,<---

(DEFINED IN GREEK

&#948;&#965;&#769; &#957;&#945;&#956; &#953;&#962;
dunamis
doo'-nam-is
From G1410; force (literally or figuratively); specifically miraculous power (usually by implication a miracle itself):- ability, abundance, meaning, might (-ily,-y,-y deed),(worker of) miracle (-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work.)

after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
THE BIBLE SAYS
EP I
EP II
EP III
EP IV
The day before he suffered he took break in his sacred hands and looking up to heaven, to you, his almighty Father, he gave you thanks and praise. He broke the bread, gave it to his disciples, and said:

Take this, all of you, and eat it: this is my body which will be given up for you.

When supper was ended, he took the cup. Again he gave you thanks and praise, gave the cup to his disciples, and said:

Take this, all of you, and drink from it: this is the cup of my blood, the blood of the new and everlasting covenant. It will be shed for you and for all so that sins may be forgiven. Do this in memory of me.
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>wrong...For the Orthodox the sinlessness of Theotokos is not dogma.Chrysostom says She sinned.Some say she was capable of sin but did not.Some define sin differently. The main difference between orthodox and catholics is non belief in the Immaculate Conception.the orthodox would not exclude the challenged from sin. But Gods mercy would apply tenfold to them.

Ugh. I don't think you realize how difficult it is to understand the Orthodox Church...and i am sincerely trying.
I knew you guys didn't accept the Immaculate Conception, but I swore you taught that Mary was without sin. I remember at least two Orthodox telling me such. Even when I Google things, I get conflicting teachings (like contraception).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 471,021 - 471,040 of512,336
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

642 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 min jos 286
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min RiversideRedneck 217,252
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min -USA-1 109,755
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min Shivar 440,861
How come the president doesn't use his BIRTH NAME? 10 min Shivar 16
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min TIM958 680,883
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min RADEKT 250,439
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min Joshuas Polaris 2000 596,624
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 57 min Toby 89,609
•••
•••
•••