Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646709 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#488229 Nov 4, 2013
now oxo you are god
every mothers are whoreeeeeeeeee
yepppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppp
most holy whoresss
under every law since civilization exist

Are you for sure cemetery not exist from holy righteousness killers?

see my poem

sve je u krug
smrti i pakla
od jedne
sitne duse
koja zivot satka..

a nkh

by
truth

Perth, Australia

#488230 Nov 4, 2013
alive god as alive cell
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
nobody asked leaders or ministers where that exist
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo

then
i will organize free cemetry
burn and give to fish my dust
not will be cost anyone any money
no any cross not any more our fathers or bless mothers..
not tax collectors not saul paul
its will be amen
am ;en
not any god exist that you can be oxo jealous

Ocean is so beautiful empty place yee.
Even jelly fish exist there!
Is baptism oxo start like that?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#488231 Nov 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think that you understood what he was saying to you. you have made yourself an island by attacking each and every person on this forum. you find fault, even when there isn't any, with every Christian on this forum with one exception and that would be oldjg, who is the worst person on this forum bar none. with him, you support his filthy talk while others stand against him for his filthy tongue.
you call [good] evil and [evil] you stand with.
You are in the same class...my comment went way yonder past your level of intellect...

I attack no one...I show them the truth per Scripture...
truth

Perth, Australia

#488232 Nov 4, 2013
50 % woman's on this planet..from others
25% kids
25% oldest
How much mans exist?
see
transformation=rosary
Are you for sure about pro-cent mans or woman's?
Who they are under secret mystery?
truth

Perth, Australia

#488233 Nov 4, 2013
How many invisible spirit exist?
Are you sure all of them holy?

Did that spirits can produce crime on invisible way?
If yes!!!
What corupt judges will say?
proveeeee..

For what?!
-money or point of righteousness

-in my case they fall for justification

I don't respect them any more!
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
n

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#488234 Nov 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Examining the doctrines of the Church of Christ denomination, in light of God's ... It is for people who are in the Church of Christ denomination that are looking for ...
We are autonomous. The Church of Christ is the only true church on the planet. The catholic church is a false religion and is considered the biggest deceiver of man kind.
truth

Perth, Australia

#488235 Nov 4, 2013
How many Lord you have?
Are you going died for your Lord?
Where on INRI?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#488237 Nov 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWWW now hojo ... you started it all ... by stating over and over that a Jewish god loves only Catholics.
NEVER have I EVER said that God the Father not Jesus loves ONLY Catholics. I HAVE said over and over again that Jesus established, initiated and formed ONE TRUE CHURCH (not the only Church) but ONE TRUE CHURCH---and---it was "Universal"---and--- -- it was "Catholic"---proven, authenticated and verified by the overwhelming vast majority of accredited Church Historians and Apologistic authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant)..... In addition, NEVER have I ever said that God "does not" love Protestants, Muslims, Hindu's, Atheists, Agnostics or ANYONE ELSE!!.....You, June, are beginning to "make things up" and "draw your own vindictive and hostile conclusions" just as much as the bible only Protestant "fundies" on this forum, who base their OWN "editiorialized (half-truth, half-heresy" beliefs on ENTIRELY judging, beligerently attacking, hostily ripping and verbally condemning the faith and salvation of other Christians---especially Catholics and Jesus Christ HIMSELF (in and through HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH!! Shame on you, June! In your old age, you should have gained some wisdom (by now) and know better than to do that!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#488238 Nov 5, 2013
a tako

You not still have place for woman's mothers and girls.

Jesus Christ never love them don't you.

Who told you that hojo?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#488239 Nov 5, 2013
No Jesus without His Church

Jesus established a Church,(Matthew 16) so it must have existed since the time of Christ. Furthermore, it must still exist today, for Christ promised it would be indefectible and indestructible: "the gates of hell will not overcome it." And there is only one Church that has a credible claim to be that body today--the Catholic Church. The evidences for this are plentiful, but that is another article for another day.
What needs to be discussed here is the viability of the idea you can have relationship with God without religion, or whether you can have Jesus without the Church.
Did Christ establish any rituals that are necessary for a person to have a relationship with God? The answer is yes-, BAPTISM and the EUCHARIST.
BAPTISM,
Jesus said baptism is normally necessary to enter the Kingdom of God: "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God" (John 3:5). This passage was universally understood to refer to baptism from the very beginnings of the Church. Jesus also said, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved" (Mark 16:16). St. Peter agrees with his Lord, when he speaks of "Baptism, which ... now saves you" (1 Pet. 3:21).
As for the EUCHARIST, the greatest of all sacraments, because it is Christ himself--there is only one recorded instance in the Gospels of Jesus commanding his apostles to repeat anything--and it is this: "This is my body which is given for you. Do this in memory of me" (Lk. 22:19).
In general, as for traditions that must be followed, one, of course, must avoid mere traditions of men, as Jesus warned (Mark 7:8). But we must obey traditions of God. Sacred Tradition, Tradition with a capital "T". Obviously, the entire Gospel message was passed down through the oral teaching of the apostles before the books of the New Testament were ever written. But even then, there was a part of the Word of God that remained as oral tradition, as Saint Paul notes: "(H)old fast to the traditions (Greek: paradosis) that you were taught, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:15). This Sacred Tradition is kept alive and safeguarded by the Church. We need both Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition to possess the entire Word of God. "Scripture alone" is not mentioned in the Bible. But Sacred Tradition is, here and in many other places.
Jesus is the Way. But Jesus comes to us in a tripartite "way": first, Jesus exists as the God-man in heaven, in his resurrected, glorified, Incarnate body. Secondly, Christ comes to us, as discussed above, in his Eucharistic body. "(T)he bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh ... Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you" (John 6: 51, 53). The flesh and blood of Christ that we consume in the Eucharist is, by Christ's own admission, the same flesh and blood of the incarnate Jesus who offered himself on the cross. The Apostolic Father St. Ignatius of Antioch concurs: "The heretics have gone out from us ... because they do not confess the Eucharist is the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ, the same flesh and blood that suffered for our sins, and that the Father, in his goodness, raised up again" (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6, c. 107 AD).
If we do not accept Jesus in all three ways, we do not accept him at all, for this is the whole Christ..
Yes, it is vitally important to have an intimate relationship with God through Christ. But such a personal relationship with Jesus can only be properly achieved and realized in all its fullness in the Church that he himself established, which is his Mystical Body, and through its sacraments.
There is no Jesus without the Church. To be a Christian without belonging to this church is a contradiction in terms. One might as well spend their Sundays sitting in a movie theatre.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488241 Nov 5, 2013
A friend of mine once told me, that they bible was "sorta" like the ocean. It's shallow enough, that small children adults can wade around in the edges, but yet it can be as deep as any would wish to go, but the simplicity of Gods salvation plan is just that simple.
It is us humans that wish to complicate it, or even worse many who have been saved by God's Good Grace wish to make it complicated to all others.

What they obtained freely, that want others to earn,or as the bible puts it, they put heavy, grievous loads onto the backs of other's, that they themselves do not, nor are able to carry themselves.
One story that comes to mind, is when the one man owed much, much, to a king, but the king called the man in, to tell him that his debt had been forgiven fully, yet that man meets another man, as he leaves the kings quarters, who owes him a very,very small amount, but instead of forgiving that man of the tiny amount, and being thankful that he had been forgiven for sooo much -he grabs him and curses him, and tells him that since he is broke and cannot pay then he will have him, and his wife put into jail where they will forever remain,and will have his children sold into slavery.

Of course you know the story, and how when the king finds out what the man he just forgave sooo much for has done to another who owed sooo little, then he changed his mind and threw that evil man into the lowest parts of the king's dungeon, where he would forever be.
I'm far from being the guy a want to be "in the Lord ",but nevertheless I am in the Lord, and He in me.
After over 12 years, of ups and downs, and deep valleys I dug myself - I'm still absolutely amazed at just how Good, God is to me.
A sinner.

This,is from a friend of mine ..who gave me PERMISSION
to use it .

A great explanation of what Jesus,can do ...And Forgives,
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#488242 Nov 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar!!!!!
Roman Catholic Church Denomination - Christianity - About.com
christianity.about.com ›...› Denominations › Roman Catholicism&#8206;
by Mary Fairchild - in 539 Google+ circles
The Roman Catholic church denomination is the largest Christian group in the world today with more than a billion followers constituting about half of the world's ...
CNS STORY: Catholics still largest Congress denomination; 10 ...
www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1300079... ;
RELIGIONS-CONGRESS Jan-7-2013 (530 words) With photos and with graphic to come. xxxn. Catholics still largest Congress denomination; 10 percent Jesuit ...
Roman Catholicism - ReligionFacts
www.religionfacts.com › christianity › denominations&#8206;
Mar 17, 2004 - In 2001, about 24 percent of Americans identified themselves as Catholic, making Catholicism the largest Christian denomination in America (if ...
Most Catholics are only Christian in name only,and not in their deeds (see what a lot of Priests have been up to all these years )
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488243 Nov 5, 2013
"48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. 50 This is the bread which comes down out of heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.” 52 Then the Jews began to argue with one another, saying,“How can this man give us His flesh to eat?” 53 So Jesus said to them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. 54 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55 For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also will live because of Me. 58 This is the bread which came down out of heaven; not as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever.”

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488244 Nov 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
A friend of mine once told me, that they bible was "sorta" like the ocean. It's shallow enough, that small children adults can wade around in the edges, but yet it can be as deep as any would wish to go, but the simplicity of Gods salvation plan is just that simple.
It is us humans that wish to complicate it, or even worse many who have been saved by God's Good Grace wish to make it complicated to all others.
What they obtained freely, that want others to earn,or as the bible puts it, they put heavy, grievous loads onto the backs of other's, that they themselves do not, nor are able to carry themselves.
One story that comes to mind, is when the one man owed much, much, to a king, but the king called the man in, to tell him that his debt had been forgiven fully, yet that man meets another man, as he leaves the kings quarters, who owes him a very,very small amount, but instead of forgiving that man of the tiny amount, and being thankful that he had been forgiven for sooo much -he grabs him and curses him, and tells him that since he is broke and cannot pay then he will have him, and his wife put into jail where they will forever remain,and will have his children sold into slavery.
Of course you know the story, and how when the king finds out what the man he just forgave sooo much for has done to another who owed sooo little, then he changed his mind and threw that evil man into the lowest parts of the king's dungeon, where he would forever be.
I'm far from being the guy a want to be "in the Lord ",but nevertheless I am in the Lord, and He in me.
After over 12 years, of ups and downs, and deep valleys I dug myself - I'm still absolutely amazed at just how Good, God is to me.
A sinner.
This,is from a friend of mine ..who gave me PERMISSION
to use it .
A great explanation of what Jesus,can do ...And Forgives,
IT JUST OCCURRED TO ME,rereading this,.

Those who put all these,RULES on the FREE GIFT of grace,..are much like the,HIGH PRIEST and Temple authorities,Jesus had,so much negative thoughts,about ..imposing LAW,instead of mercy and Salvation
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#488245 Nov 5, 2013
Most people on this blog are very self righteous Christianity was infiltrated By Constantine the Roman emperor in 321. The sign of the Cross has always been a sign of authority by the Egyptians and the Romans ( The Sun god) Believe in The true God
is very personable it is something between you and The True God.We don't have to prove anything to each other,especially those who think they know everything.

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#488246 Nov 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that might count if I wanted to be threatening ..I don't .
Just passing on something hat to me gets to the heart of our differences
But when you suggest to another person that you believe he/she is NOT dumb, that indicates that you believe you know who IS dumb and who isn't dumb.

I suggest that by what we don't know (but sometimes just imagine that we DO know), we are all dumb, and that in turn levels the playing field.

Willow River, Canada

#488247 Nov 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Where your soul will spend eternity is up to you...not God...not Jesus...
I believe that theology is all silly male-created nonsense, but as we are conversing about theology ... it seems that some devout believers disagree with your concept of truth, albeit that you are very "sincere."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

But if Adam and Eve were saved, we must next ask how they were saved. They certainly were not saved by their own "free will" or their own efforts. When God came to save them, they hid from God (3:8) and made excuses for their sins (3:12-13). It was God, and not themselves, who saved them.

http://www.prca.org/current/Doctrine/Volume%2...

Willow River, Canada

#488248 Nov 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
Jesus Christ Established a Visible Church On Earth
There is that word "church" popping up yet again.

The word synagogue would be a blessing to a faithful Jew that just might (at least in imagination) live in the sky.

:)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#488249 Nov 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that theology is all silly male-created nonsense, but as we are conversing about theology ... it seems that some devout believers disagree with your concept of truth, albeit that you are very "sincere."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
But if Adam and Eve were saved, we must next ask how they were saved. They certainly were not saved by their own "free will" or their own efforts. When God came to save them, they hid from God (3:8) and made excuses for their sins (3:12-13). It was God, and not themselves, who saved them.
http://www.prca.org/current/Doctrine/Volume%2...
So Grams, why do you have morals? If you consider something is wrong or immoral, what do you base it on?
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488250 Nov 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
IT JUST OCCURRED TO ME,rereading this,.
Those who put all these,RULES on the FREE GIFT of grace,..are much like the,HIGH PRIEST and Temple authorities,Jesus had,so much negative thoughts,about ..imposing LAW,instead of mercy and Salvation
Why would Jesus have negative thoughts about this? Obtaining indulgence from God through the Church

1478 An indulgence is obtained through the Church who, by virtue of the power of binding and loosing granted her by Christ Jesus, intervenes in favor of individual Christians and opens for them the treasury of the merits of Christ and the saints to obtain from the Father of mercies the remission of the temporal punishments due for their sins. Thus the Church does not want simply to come to the aid of these Christians, but also to spur them to works of devotion, penance, and charity.90

1479 Since the faithful departed now being purified are also members of the same communion of saints, one way we can help them is to obtain indulgences for them, so that the temporal punishments due for their sins may be remitted. Christ doesn't have negative thoughts about this, only you because you can't and won't understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
download flip4mac wmv studio pro hd 2 cracked (Dec '12) 9 min Alii 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min VIKING 48,986
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min VIKING 971,732
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min MUQ2 281,274
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 34 min MUQ2 44,701
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 1 hr DebraE 22
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,083
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr Just Think 105,632
More from around the web