Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646698 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#488209 Nov 4, 2013
jao jao
you not coming from izba=its alcoholic place what we call
no any izri
its INRI

after all how you call izba mother womb..
What a shame from you
now you are sham.shalome..
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Are you going again put over your Z over me N..INRI?

I been there..nobody see when how who and so on?

within her is been life a nkh..
-don't forget that

they don't liked say;
'truth is truthful as well fruitful'

nobody say thanks
if yes its lips
nothing else
7 billions people much more before existence as life going in circle
does meter how much you educated with your diploma..
when Z come you come to me N..

by
n

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#488210 Nov 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholics have told you the answer to this "ridiculous question" many times, even though you (still continue) to "appoint yourself" as the final and ultimate judge regarding who goes to heaven and who does not!!!!...... GOD is the "FINAL JUDGE"!... nor are ANY OTHER of your self-appointed 42,000 bible only editorialists!!!!.... Only a bible only self-interpreting "fundie" like you, Confrinting, would even ask this question....... It only continues to show "how little you know" about ANYTHING when it comes to the TRUTH of the TRUE Interpretation of the bible!------which comes as no surprise to ANY of us Catholics
Where your soul will spend eternity is up to you...not God...not Jesus...

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#488211 Nov 4, 2013
Jesus Christ Established a Visible Church On Earth

Every Christian believes that Jesus Christ established and sustains a community of faith, hope and love for all believers. This community we call His Church. The Church that Christ founded is the Catholic Church which has a formal earthly structure established by Christ and which continues under His authority and protection.

In the Old Testament we see God's continual involvement in the lives of the Israelites through appointed prophets. God delivered, instructed and admonished the Israelites. He made His motions in a visible, specific and formal way. He always did so through human hands, mouths, feet, minds and wills. God established a law and a means for executing it.

In concert with His redemptive act, Jesus did three things that established the framework of His Church. First, He chose humans to carry out His work. He appointed Peter to be the visible head of the Church. Jesus said to Peter, "You are Rock and on this rock I will build my Church." (Matthew 16: 18) Jesus said "build," as in to create a structure. Jesus built His structure on specifically chosen human beings Peter and the apostles.

Second, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles the power and authority to carry out His work. "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven."(Matthew 16:19; 18:18) "Receive the Holy Spirit, whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven, whose sins you retain, they are retained."(John 20:23)

Third, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles commands as to what that work should be. At the last supper, He commanded, "Do this in memory of Me." (Luke 22:19) He commanded them to "Make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19), and to "Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)

The early Church was structured in a hierarchical manner as it is today. We see in Acts, chapter 15 how the apostles and the elders came together under the leadership of St. Peter to decide the question of what was required of Gentiles. We also see how St. Peter was regarded as the head of the Church when St. Paul, "Went up to Jerusalem to confer with Kephas [Peter] and remained with him fifteen days." (Galatians 1:18) There is no Scriptural evidence of independent local churches.

The Catholic Church is the only church that can claim to have been founded by Christ personally. Every other church traces its lineage back to a mere human person such as Martin Luther or John Wesley. The Catholic Church can trace its lineage back to Jesus Christ who appointed St. Peter as the first pope. This line of popes has continued unbroken for almost 2,000 years.

God rules, instructs and sanctifies His people through His Church. Under her teaching office, the Catholic Church preserves the Word of God. She is the custodian, keeper, dispenser and interpreter of teachings of Christ. And she accomplishes this under the protection of the Holy Spirit in and through Jesus Christ and HIS Catholic Church

Location hidden

#488212 Nov 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Luther started denominations in the 16th century Reformation and you "fundies" have expanded your denominations to
to over 42,000 contradicting, chaotic and confused "inconsistent "man-made"denominati ons. The WORD OF GOD (made flesh) in Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit who reveals the TRUTH, does NOT contradict HIMSELF with 42,000+ conflicting "relative truths"..... You bible only "fundies" are ALL OVER THE PLACE when it comes to "ANYTHING" that is TRUE. Each one of you have "your own editorialized (opinionated) interpretation" of the bible that is a "hodge-podge" of "WHAT I THINK" is true------ half-truth, half-heresy Christianity! God is not, has not, nor ever will be the author of your bible only contradicting, confusion and chaos!!!!
Liar!!!!!

Roman Catholic Church Denomination - Christianity - About.com
christianity.about.com ›...› Denominations › Roman Catholicism&#8206;
by Mary Fairchild - in 539 Google+ circles
The Roman Catholic church denomination is the largest Christian group in the world today with more than a billion followers constituting about half of the world's ...

CNS STORY: Catholics still largest Congress denomination; 10 ...
www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1300079... ;
RELIGIONS-CONGRESS Jan-7-2013 (530 words) With photos and with graphic to come. xxxn. Catholics still largest Congress denomination; 10 percent Jesuit ...

Roman Catholicism - ReligionFacts
www.religionfacts.com › christianity › denominations&#8206;
Mar 17, 2004 - In 2001, about 24 percent of Americans identified themselves as Catholic, making Catholicism the largest Christian denomination in America (if ...
truth

Perth, Australia

#488213 Nov 4, 2013
i am not care oxo
its written
why you worried
then
Are you for sure you pay tax for me?
no any cents
see

don't be liar

-first commandments is been to be fruitful

now you coming from izba=as alcohol as wine as rakia..not from bless womb
nooooooo
Why should be?

Location hidden

#488214 Nov 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus HIMSELF established "a" CHURCH---- HIS CHURCH in Matthew 16 and Paul tells us in I Timothy 3:15 that THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) in the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. Paul continues: "If there is a dispute (he says) "take it to the Church" (not the bible). It is quite clear that Jesus, Paul, Peter, the Apostles --ALL of them-----direct us to "a" Church, and it is Jesus Christs biblically and historically PROVEN One True Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church that has been "the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH- for over 2000 years ---proclaiming--the TRUE GOSPEL and the TRUE DOCTRINE of Jesus Christ--in and through HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH---not 42,000 contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent bible only (man-made) self-interpreting (relative truths) based upon what each one of the 42,000 bible interpreters "think is truth"!!
You are a liar....your pope approved Bible says in Mt 16:18 "church" means any congregation that follows the teachings of Christ...

The National Council of Churches say you are lying....they say the Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA...Christ built no denomination..

The Bible says you are lying...Christ referred not to any Catholic churches in Rev...because there were none...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#488215 Nov 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you now claiming that Jehovah ... Jesus' one and only father LIED???
You are now treading on very thin Abrahamic ICE!
:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Isaiah 45:7 HNV
Hebrew Names Version
I form the light, and create darkness; I make shalom, and create evil. I am the LORD, who does all these things.
I will give you time to research what this really means, as this doesn't mean what you think it does. I see this all the time, people believing at first glance that something must be true, instead of taking a little time studying, then they would know. Let me know when you get the right answer. Try using a concordance and you'll find the correct meaning of God saying that he creates evil. Don't feel bad for not knowing as long as you learn now to study and quit taking everything at face value.

Location hidden

#488216 Nov 4, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
John saw Mary in her place in Heaven. "I saw a woman clothed with the Sun".
The children at Fatima saw the same. At the Miracle of the Sun event, they saw her holding the baby Jesus while the Sun changed from purple to gold and spun about.
Funny how God grants the world scientific proof of His existence and a generation goes by and everyone forgets about it. Mary is dead in the grave they say. There are no miracles. Its a Catholic invention. The Miracle wasn't for Catholics, it was for the non Catholics and atheist in the crowd.
And I saw a woman-Both the scripture and other writers frequently represent a city under this emblem.

Sitting upon a scarlet wild beast-The same which is described in the thirteenth chapter.(Re 13:1-18) But he was there described as he carried on his own designs only: here, as he is connected with the whore. There is, indeed, a very close connexion between them; the seven heads of the beast being "seven hills on which the woman sitteth." And yet there is a very remarkable difference between them,-between the papal power and the city of Rome. This woman is the city of Rome, with its buildings and inhabitants; especially the nobles. The beast, which is now scarlet-coloured,(bearing the bloody livery, as well as the person, of the woman,) appears very different from before. Therefore St. John says at first sight, I saw a beast, not the beast, full of names of blasphemy-He had before "a name of blasphemy upon his head," Re 13:1: now he has many. From the time of Hildebrand, the blasphemous titles of the Pope have been abundantly multiplied.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#488217 Nov 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar....your pope approved Bible says in Mt 16:18 "church" means any congregation that follows the teachings of Christ...
The National Council of Churches say you are lying....they say the Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA...Christ built no denomination..
The Bible says you are lying...Christ referred not to any Catholic churches in Rev...because there were none...
That's the problem, the catholic church doesn't follow the teachings of the bible, at all. The church Jesus built is the Church of Christ because we worship and follow what the bible says for us to do. We are the only church of the bible that does, no other church on the planet does. The bible does not authorize a pope and Peter was never a pope. The catholic church is nothing more than a false doctrine and it's considered the largest deceiver of mankind. The catholic church branched off the Church of Christ because of a few priests who enjoyed the attention they were given by the roman dignitaries and this was the beginning of the roman church becoming into existence.
truth

Perth, Australia

#488218 Nov 4, 2013
i am mother
your mother
a nkh=life
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankh
truth

Perth, Australia

#488219 Nov 4, 2013
did you colect money for me as church money or tax oxyyyyyyyyyy

nooooooooooooooooo

evil serve evillllllllllllllll

with them not life

no liars
truth

Perth, Australia

#488220 Nov 4, 2013
see oxooooooooooooo

they are nobody and nothing
you not honor me not love me
you all spiting over me

owfull peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

now you have anothers god
yeeeeeee

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a

Location hidden

#488221 Nov 4, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church set the canon at the council of Rome (where I believe all but Revelation was included), Hippo and Carthridge . This canon included the Books that were reaffirmed - not added- but reaffirmed at Trent.
But the Protestant argument that the Jews set the canon (39 Books ) at the time of Jesus is false. The Jews set their canon sometime after 70 AD.
This isn't my opinion, its historic fact.
No matter what though, we know Jesus never gave anyone a list of Books, so sola scripture evidently is not His will. Otherwise he or His Apostles would have surely compiled the list for us.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!!

How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!

Location hidden

#488222 Nov 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IF YOU WANT TO GO TO THE TOPIX ON "SHEARING THE SHEEP IN AUSTRALIA.."
BY ALL MEANS GO THERE...
With your attempting to shear God's sheep here in this forum..
We all would be the better for it...There is a fresh opportunity
each time you sign on...
Bon Voyage
That one was way yonder above your level of intellect!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#488223 Nov 4, 2013
righteousness

about what righteousness are stupid
others going rule over goodness and life

it is written possessors and deceivers

Location hidden

#488224 Nov 4, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> We are NOT a denomination, we are autonomous. The church Jesus said he built, Matthew 16;18, the church was open in the year 33 AD Acts 2 37-38. Baptism is essential to salvation, Mark 16;16 We are the only church on this planet who worships according to the bible, as we are the church of the bible that Jesus built. I urge all who are going to any church to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study to see the truth of what I am saying and then get baptized and start your new life as a child of God.
Examining the doctrines of the Church of Christ denomination, in light of God's ... It is for people who are in the Church of Christ denomination that are looking for ...

Location hidden

#488225 Nov 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
Jesus Christ Established a Visible Church On Earth
Every Christian believes that Jesus Christ established and sustains a community of faith, hope and love for all believers. This community we call His Church. The Church that Christ founded is the Catholic Church which has a formal earthly structure established by Christ and which continues under His authority and protection.
In the Old Testament we see God's continual involvement in the lives of the Israelites through appointed prophets. God delivered, instructed and admonished the Israelites. He made His motions in a visible, specific and formal way. He always did so through human hands, mouths, feet, minds and wills. God established a law and a means for executing it.
In concert with His redemptive act, Jesus did three things that established the framework of His Church. First, He chose humans to carry out His work. He appointed Peter to be the visible head of the Church. Jesus said to Peter, "You are Rock and on this rock I will build my Church." (Matthew 16: 18) Jesus said "build," as in to create a structure. Jesus built His structure on specifically chosen human beings Peter and the apostles.
Second, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles the power and authority to carry out His work. "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven."(Matthew 16:19; 18:18) "Receive the Holy Spirit, whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven, whose sins you retain, they are retained."(John 20:23)
Third, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles commands as to what that work should be. At the last supper, He commanded, "Do this in memory of Me." (Luke 22:19) He commanded them to "Make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19), and to "Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)
The early Church was structured in a hierarchical manner as it is today. We see in Acts, chapter 15 how the apostles and the elders came together under the leadership of St. Peter to decide the question of what was required of Gentiles. We also see how St. Peter was regarded as the head of the Church when St. Paul, "Went up to Jerusalem to confer with Kephas [Peter] and remained with him fifteen days." (Galatians 1:18) There is no Scriptural evidence of independent local churches.
The Catholic Church is the only church that can claim to have been founded by Christ personally. Every other church traces its lineage back to a mere human person such as Martin Luther or John Wesley. The Catholic Church can trace its lineage back to Jesus Christ who appointed St. Peter as the first pope. This line of popes has continued unbroken for almost 2,000 years.
God rules, instructs and sanctifies His people through His Church. Under her teaching office, the Catholic Church preserves the Word of God. She is the custodian, keeper, dispenser and interpreter of teachings of Christ. And she accomplishes this under the protection of the Holy Spirit in and through Jesus Christ and HIS Catholic Church
Say on!!!! Call your pope a liar!!! Ah love it!!!!!

Location hidden

#488226 Nov 4, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> That's the problem, the catholic church doesn't follow the teachings of the bible, at all. The church Jesus built is the Church of Christ because we worship and follow what the bible says for us to do. We are the only church of the bible that does, no other church on the planet does. The bible does not authorize a pope and Peter was never a pope. The catholic church is nothing more than a false doctrine and it's considered the largest deceiver of mankind. The catholic church branched off the Church of Christ because of a few priests who enjoyed the attention they were given by the roman dignitaries and this was the beginning of the roman church becoming into existence.
Its called Strong's Greek lexicon: church: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly,

Show me "Church of Christ" in that definition....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#488227 Nov 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That one was way yonder above your level of intellect!!!!!
I don't think that you understood what he was saying to you. you have made yourself an island by attacking each and every person on this forum. you find fault, even when there isn't any, with every Christian on this forum with one exception and that would be oldjg, who is the worst person on this forum bar none. with him, you support his filthy talk while others stand against him for his filthy tongue.

you call [good] evil and [evil] you stand with.
truth

Perth, Australia

#488228 Nov 4, 2013
no my lovly oxy
you put that in your mind
see
you say to me you not working
no
i am prisoner
in this beautifull country under act of false accusation with satanic most corupt people as well corupt organizations which they call themself as righteousness and good leaders..
by in that case..

see
hands and minds what they can build in materialistic way
Are you for sure I do that?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
in reality yes
many mothers bring life foward many hands and minds

please tell me about that judges
Did all mothers are mental whores?

serve your evil judges
and evil organization not me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 min KellyP in Jersey 2,080
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min VIKING 48,936
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 43 min sno333 2
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,758
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 1 hr Hey U 5
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 1 hr Hey U 19
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr VIKING 971,730
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Bunz7893 44,699
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Just Think 105,632
More from around the web