Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637878 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#488046 Nov 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~```
QUESTION..
IF EVERY CHRISTIAN ON EARTH WERE JUST LIKE YOU...BELIEVED WHAT YOU BELIEVE...
LIVE as you do...
LOVE as you do...
WORSHIPED GOD... as you do..
WAS AS FAITHFUL AND HONEST... as you are..
TO GOD...
and your fellowman .
WOULD YOU GUARANTEE.... THAT IF THEY DIED SUDDENLY...and faced God
THEY WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?
We as Catholics have told you the answer to this "ridiculous question" many times, even though you (still continue) to "appoint yourself" as the final and ultimate judge regarding who goes to heaven and who does not!!!!...... GOD is the "FINAL JUDGE"!... nor are ANY OTHER of your self-appointed 42,000 bible only editorialists!!!!.... Only a bible only self-interpreting "fundie" like you, Confrinting, would even ask this question....... It only continues to show "how little you know" about ANYTHING when it comes to the TRUTH of the TRUE Interpretation of the bible!------which comes as no surprise to ANY of us Catholics

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488047 Nov 4, 2013
The ignorant buffoon Gerald Gardner claimed that ancient wisdom was whispered to him by the witches, but he wasn't supposed to tell their secrets.

With that flamboyant spiel he managed to start the modernized Pagan religions, including the popular Wiccan religion.

It doesn't take much to get people all excited and in turn go off in all directions, blathering idiocy.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488048 Nov 4, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>The Orthodox Church allows room for variance re issues we cannot be certain of- such as Mary's sinlessness.
Earth Mother

The Earth Mother is a motif that appears in many mythologies. The Earth Mother is a fertile goddess embodying the fertile earth and typically, the mother of other deities, and so, also are seen as patronesses of motherhood. This is generally thought of as being because the earth was seen as being the mother from whom all life sprang.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_goddess#E...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#488049 Nov 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Still Hojo where do you get we are to point anyone to a church? The way I understand it is that we should be pointing people to Jesus first and then His Word so they can know God's will for themselves.
You seem to love your church first.
Yes! I love the TRUTH of the historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church, the ONLY CHURCH formed, established and initiated (over 2000 years ago) by Jesus Christ HIMSELF-------because------ the CATHOLIC CHURCH----- HIS CHURCH----IS JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF,---- in which HE gives HIMSELF (each day)----- in the Eucharist (HIS TRUE BODY AND BLOOD), soul and divinity, as the Bread of Life (come down from heaven)!!!!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488050 Nov 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholics have told you the answer
Did Jehovah give Catholics the answer, or did Catholics simply base their stories on fibs???

:)

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488051 Nov 4, 2013
All those who put complete faith that theologians always told the truth ... say "I" ... as though you "mean it."

Fibbers!!!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488052 Nov 4, 2013
"If you don't want to believe MY theologians ... why should I believe YOURS?"

"Because MY theologians taught only truth ... and yours taught only lies!"

And THAT is religion in a nutshell!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488053 Nov 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! I love the TRUTH

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#488054 Nov 4, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You hope God has mercy on your soul for such a blasphemous post.
pointing that crooked finger again?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488055 Nov 4, 2013
According to the first ones to mention the word Christian, The one and only Abrahamic God did NOT want the faithful Jews to continue teaching Judaism as HIS one and only favorite religion.

If you don't see the lies ... you don't WANT to see the lies.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#488056 Nov 4, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as a demoninational church in God's Kingdom.
Exactly! Luther started denominations in the 16th century Reformation and you "fundies" have expanded your denominations to
to over 42,000 contradicting, chaotic and confused "inconsistent "man-made"denominati ons. The WORD OF GOD (made flesh) in Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit who reveals the TRUTH, does NOT contradict HIMSELF with 42,000+ conflicting "relative truths"..... You bible only "fundies" are ALL OVER THE PLACE when it comes to "ANYTHING" that is TRUE. Each one of you have "your own editorialized (opinionated) interpretation" of the bible that is a "hodge-podge" of "WHAT I THINK" is true------ half-truth, half-heresy Christianity! God is not, has not, nor ever will be the author of your bible only contradicting, confusion and chaos!!!!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488057 Nov 4, 2013
So, according to Catholics, Jehovah said ... "Let there be NO more Judaism preached on earth! I no longer favor the Jews as my chosen few. I now favor only the Catholics, and I want my son Jesus to work for the popes in the Catholic confessionals."

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Location hidden

#488058 Nov 4, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I read where the Orthodox Churches do not support any artificial contraception and abortion.
will if you read it than it must be right...lol

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488059 Nov 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>pointing that crooked finger again?
Well then I suggest you show them how to straighten fingers out when pointing ... and then they will KNOW!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488060 Nov 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther started denominations in the 16th century
And just as occurred with your popes ... Luther swore to tell the truth and nothing BUT the truth.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488061 Nov 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
half-heresy Christianity!
"half" heresy!

Does that mean that half is truth?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488062 Nov 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? In what way. Please be precise, so I might understand why you make that assertion. Take your time with it. It will probably be at least a few days before I am capable of even reading your reply.
Need glasses ??
Lol

I HAVR lots of contact lenses ...!!#

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488063 Nov 4, 2013
At least when Martin Luther married his honey-bun nun, he no longer had to pretend he was celibate.

Location hidden

#488064 Nov 4, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Actually the Church started when Christ told St. Peter, Upon this rock...
wrong....your church started in 1054....

Location hidden

#488065 Nov 4, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Catholics teach we are born with original sin. Only the Blessed Virgin is Immaculate. No one else.
And where does Jesus fit into your picture? Was HE also sinless??? Jesus comes before the Theotokos in our church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min It aint necessari... 29,629
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 19 min Johnny 4,768
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 23 min Holy Commandment... 43,894
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min nanoanomaly 617,959
Play "end of the word" part 2 35 min ImFree2Choose 1,457
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 40 min Jersey Devil 3,701
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Pegasus 280,524
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 968,851
More from around the web