Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
470,581 - 470,600 of 537,128 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How funny that you believe your interpretation of scripture is based on truth ... and other interpretations are based on ignorance!
You don't even recognize your own arrogance.
Its not 'my' interpretation its the Apostles that walked the earth with JESUS.

You don't ever recognize your own arrogance.
:-D

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

The fact is that other animals were living and becoming extinct long before humans (according to their selves) took center stage.

I suggest that if humans go extinct it won't be any loss to planet earth. It will continue on its regular way of functioning with animals being born, suffering and then dying, and the weak animals and plants going extinct, while the stronger ones survive.

So it went ... and so it goes.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

I suggest that if humans had never been taught they were superior to other animals, the world would be a much better place to live.

There would be no competition about who gods love and who gods reject and other silly nonsense that stemmed direct from religion.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June,
When we meet God,we WILL ONLY be judged by our actions,..beliefs,..relationsh ip .
Not in comparison to anyone else .
It's,all up to Him ..
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sacraments ..confession .Eucharist ..all thing CATHOlic Church says,to do...
JESUS,paid for our,Sin ..blood sacrifice ..the only one,who could ..
Nothing we do can make up to God for the,things,done by us .
He,decreed how,sacrifices were made for sin..But a,PERFECT ONE was needed ..
This,whole idea,we needed an earthly high priest ..a temple in Rome .
Is not what HE SAID ..BE BORN AGAIN INTO FAITH ...in HIM ..not Peter ..who would most likely be repulsed at the wealth in Rome ..
Jesus will give PETER his throne in ISRAEL ....
Our,works ate to be because we love Him...not to gain Salvation.
For sure you didn’t pay much attention while you were been taught by “Catholic Nuns”
You know very well that every sacrament is in the Bible, these are Jesus rules.
Jesus would be repulsed at the way you speak of HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH.
St Peter our first Pope would be overjoyed at the growth of Jesus Church!!!
He knows for sure as he watches from heaven.

So you’re not OSAS?
If you are born again and you believe Jesus died for your sins why is there a Judgment Day???

Works and faith is in the Bible read it….or maybe you can take a class at a Catholic Church b/c for sure you didn’t learn much when the nuns taught you.

"Catholics believe that faith AND good works are both necessary for salvation, because such is the teaching of Jesus Christ. What Our Lord demands is "faith that worketh by charity ." (Gal. 5 :6). Read Matthew 25:31-46, which describes the Last Judgment as being based on works of charity. The first and greatest commandment, as given by Our Lord Himself, is to love the Lord God with all one's heart, mind, soul, and strength; and the second great commandment is to love one's neighbor as oneself.(Mark 12:30-31). When the rich young man asked Our Lord what he must do to gain eternal life, Our Lord answered: "Keep the commandments." (Matt. 19:17). Thus, although faith is the beginning, it is not the complete fulfillment of the will of God. Nowhere in the Bible is it written that faith alone justifies. When St. Paul wrote, "For we account a man to be justified by faith, without the works of the law," he was referring to works peculiar to the old Jewish Law, and he cited circumcision as an example."

Confession….AKA
"PENANCE – the sacrament, also known as Confession, through which Christ forgives sin and restores the soul to grace: "Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:22-23. Also see Matt. 18:18). "

"The HOLY EUCHARIST – the sacrament, also known as Holy Communion, which nourishes the soul with the true Flesh and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus, under the appearance, or sacramental veil, of bread and wine: "And whilst they were eating, Jesus took bread; and blessing, broke, and gave to them, and said: Take ye. This is my body. And having taken the chalice, giving thanks, he gave it to them. And they all drank of it. And he said to them: This is my blood of the new testament, which shall be shed for many." (Mark 14:22-24. Also see Matt. 26:26-28, Luke 22:19-20, John 6:52-54, 1 Cor. 10:16)."

ALL JESUS Rules!!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
True, I would likely have been a Muslim if i was forced into it by society (at gun point).
But Im not. I could be an Atheist like you if I would have done terrible things in my life and tried to run from God out of fear.
if you would have become a muslim if forced by gun point than you would be betraying Christ and your church .Standing up for your convictions (faith) means your willing to die for them..I would have to say "see ya" cuz in no way ever would I give up Christ for Allah...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Many people in religion can't seem to cope with the idea that they might not join up once again with their deceased loved ones.

I don't have that problem.

If I never see them again ... that I accept.

They gave me enough happiness while they lived.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm you never answered my question.regarding IF s hysterectomy is,a,sin..
E pill can be used for medical reasons,as well as birth control ...as can surgery ..people suffer ..knit ....
I said many times abstinence is the only way to assure no pregnancy ..You ignore it ..in order to cast insult me as,a,mother .
The pill stops ovulation..i did not get my info from p to abort any one ...that's,a fantasy in your head .I get mine from books I've studied on medicine ...schooling and doctors
Should the pill fail and an egg be produced and United with a sperm ..one will get pregnant ...
At which point GOD willing a woman will have an unplanned for child .
AND as for my personal reasons for doing anything ...You know,nothing ..nor is it your business
The pill is an abortifacient, you are only fooling yourself. And its a very grave mistake. S hysterectomy for medical reasons is okay, for family planning, its a mortal sin. I am a mother, and what you have done is irresponsible.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not 'my' interpretation its the Apostles that walked the earth with JESUS.
It was the Catholics that WROTE the fantasy-tale of Jesus walking the earth with his apostles, and it was a whole lot of nonsense.

If Jesus had walked the earth with his Jewish apostles, they would have been discussing how to teach the people how to be better Jews in how they practiced pure and "unadulterated" Judaism ... period! End of story!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Q.Why is the Catholic Church opposed to birth control? Where in the Bible is birth control condemned as being contrary to the Will of God?

A. The Catholic Church is not opposed to birth control when it is accomplished by natural means, by SELF control. She is opposed only to birth control by artificial means, by the employment of pills, condoms, IUD's, foams, jellies, sterilization, non-completion of the act of sexual union – or any other means used to prevent conception from resulting from this act – because such means profane the marital embrace and dishonor the marriage contract. God slew Onan for practicing contraception (Gen. 38:9-10); the word "onanism" derives from Onan's deed.

In fact, up until the Church of England's Lambeth Conference of 1930, which accepted

contraception and thus broke with the Christian

tradition, contraception had been considered by

all Christian churches, both Catholic and

Protestant, to be gravely sinful. The Catholic

Church does not feel free to change the law of

God, as do Protestants.

In the New Testament, there is only one instance where sin is punished by God with immediate death, this was the fate of Ananias and Saphira, a husband and wife who went through the motions of giving a gift to God but fraudulently kept back part of it. The Bible says they lied to the Holy Spirit.(Acts 5:1-11). In contraception, two people go through the motions of an act of self-giving, but obstruct the natural fruition of their act, i.e., the conception of children, which is the ultimate purpose for which God created sexuality. Sexual union is a gift from God to the married, but by practicing contraception, married couples are accepting the pleasure God built into the act and yet denying Him its purpose, new people. They are in effect mocking God. But "Be not deceived, God is not mocked." (Gal. 6:7). Christ cursed the fig tree which, despite a fine external appearance, bore no fruit.(Matt. 21:19; Mark 11:14). Marriage is God's plan for populating Heaven, yet contracepting couples refuse Him the specific fruit of their marriage, which is children, when they engage in the act which should produce children yet frustrate the natural, God-intended result."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Now I see why you left the Church. Why don't you be for abstinence? That is what a mother would do. The pill causes abortions rose. Scientists and doctors agree that it does. I really think you get your ideas from the secular media, and from those pro abort so called women who filled your head full of evil .Many Catholic women who used birth control have come back to the Church and repented, if you don't repent, rose remember what Our Lady of Fatima told the three little children, that many souls go to hell because of sins of the flesh. Maybe you need to talk to a priest, my church is all about forgiveness and we won't bite. catholicscomehome.org
Your telling me that many woman in the Catholic church that used birth control have repented and come back to the church? Of all the millions of Catholic women? When was this study done??Please site your source for this? The more you preach your arrogants to Rose the more you show others that your desperate.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
ALL JESUS Rules!!!!
You must believe that nonsense that John the Baptist baptized Jesus as a Catholic.

How silly!!!

John of the old testament was pure Jew, and he didn't baptize anybody ... much less another Jew into Catholicism.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

If Jesus was a savior, he wouldn't have needed any ritual in a river to make him over again.

Ridiculous theological blather.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The pill is an abortifacient,
Not necessarily. I know a woman who took it just to make sure that she wasn't pregnant, as she didn't want to have to go through having an abortion later.

She added that the pill made her feel "sick."
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that if humans had never been taught they were superior to other animals, the world would be a much better place to live.
There would be no competition about who gods love and who gods reject and other silly nonsense that stemmed direct from religion.
JUNE!
You are like school on saturday.

No class.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
For sure you didn’t pay much attention while you were been taught by “Catholic Nuns”
You know very well that every sacrament is in the Bible, these are Jesus rules.
Jesus would be repulsed at the way you speak of HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH.
St Peter our first Pope would be overjoyed at the growth of Jesus Church!!!
He knows for sure as he watches from heaven.
So you’re not OSAS?
If you are born again and you believe Jesus died for your sins why is there a Judgment Day???
Works and faith is in the Bible read it….or maybe you can take a class at a Catholic Church b/c for sure you didn’t learn much when the nuns taught you.
"Catholics believe that faith AND good works are both necessary for salvation, because such is the teaching of Jesus Christ. What Our Lord demands is "faith that worketh by charity ." (Gal. 5 :6). Read Matthew 25:31-46, which describes the Last Judgment as being based on works of charity. The first and greatest commandment, as given by Our Lord Himself, is to love the Lord God with all one's heart, mind, soul, and strength; and the second great commandment is to love one's neighbor as oneself.(Mark 12:30-31). When the rich young man asked Our Lord what he must do to gain eternal life, Our Lord answered: "Keep the commandments." (Matt. 19:17). Thus, although faith is the beginning, it is not the complete fulfillment of the will of God. Nowhere in the Bible is it written that faith alone justifies. When St. Paul wrote, "For we account a man to be justified by faith, without the works of the law," he was referring to works peculiar to the old Jewish Law, and he cited circumcision as an example."
Confession….AKA
"PENANCE – the sacrament, also known as Confession, through which Christ forgives sin and restores the soul to grace: "Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:22-23. Also see Matt. 18:18). "
"The HOLY EUCHARIST – the sacrament, also known as Holy Communion, which nourishes the soul with the true Flesh and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus, under the appearance, or sacramental veil, of bread and wine: "And whilst they were eating, Jesus took bread; and blessing, broke, and gave to them, and said: Take ye. This is my body. And having taken the chalice, giving thanks, he gave it to them. And they all drank of it. And he said to them: This is my blood of the new testament, which shall be shed for many." (Mark 14:22-24. Also see Matt. 26:26-28, Luke 22:19-20, John 6:52-54, 1 Cor. 10:16)."
ALL JESUS Rules!!!!
Jesus would be repulsed at how his "One True Church" has corrupted the souls of many people through out time. He would be repulsed of the arrogants,ignorace,pridefulnes s and lies of his so called followers of HIS CHURCH...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The pill is an abortifacient, you are only fooling yourself. And its a very grave mistake. S hysterectomy for medical reasons is okay, for family planning, its a mortal sin. I am a mother, and what you have done is irresponsible.
you forget that Rose is NOT CATHOLIC so she doesn't fall under your church and doesn't answer to you or your pope...
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
If Jesus was a savior, he wouldn't have needed any ritual in a river to make him over again.
Ridiculous theological blather.
You can tell the false religions by their foolish, conflicting, confusing dogma.

Ramen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
that was her goal, to taunt and antagonize until one of us called her a pathetic loser. THATs why I called her a pathetic loser. lol
I don't base that on her lack of belief in God, I base that on her actions to strip good people from their peace and comfort as they are getting older. You could add scoundrel to fascist, and pathetic loser too. It has nothing to do with theology or any other ology. Its based on pure actions by this woman. Its what she does not what she believes.
And as a Christian you should rise above all this and set and example. It is better to ignore someone than to lower yourself to their level....agree?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell the false religions by their foolish, conflicting, confusing dogma.
Ramen
I love chicken ramen..lol
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
GDR
I can appreciate a bit of crazy wisdom, although it tends towards contempt. And that is to negative a view.
If light-hearted satire is meant to dispel deception, I see nothing wrong.
What satire? It's cold hard fact.

My God never murdered anyone.
My God never ordered anyone murdered.
I follow no murdering deity.

Nothing negative about that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min KiMare 225,659
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min It aint necessari... 730,283
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 27 min Hot hot 672
Corliss Online Financial Mag: Investing in Smal... 1 hr belamyshane25 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr The Awakener 172,955
Delhi m koe top hai kya 1 hr raj hot and sexy boy 1
Make new friends and potential parter in delhi (Nov '13) 1 hr raj hot and sexy boy 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Commander Bunny 259,312
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 hr Tim Osman 117,803
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 15 hr andet1987 76

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••