Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
470,521 - 470,540 of 539,557 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Liam

Chicago, IL

#487629 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam gives a sense of peace to Muslims ... but Christians don't believe they deserve that sense of peace, as Christian believe Islam's dogma is based on lies.
I believe ALL religion is based on lies ... yours included.
Do you GET that ... or do I have to draw you a PICTURE?
exactly. If we were all Muslims on here, you'd work tirelessly to strip that peace from us. That makes you a loser.
And you're not allowed to think religion is based on lies. A lie is a sin to us, but not to you because there is no such thing as sin.
Because you're an atheist and reject God, a lie is nothing of concern to you. You can't justify a lie being bad. It may as well be a useful quality to an atheist; perhaps a noble attribute.
Do you understand that or should I draw you a picture? ;-)

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487630 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He way to thE FATHER is through the Son. JESUS CHRIST .
about Muslims,forced into religious belief ...only God can judge ..And know their hearts
About Extremists murdering Jews in Israel ...killing 3000 deliberately in the Name of their God ..I'm thinking the judgement
Harsher ....
You are indeed silly! First of all the way to the father of a Jewish god, is through the son who believed in his Jewish father. NO Catholics, Muslims or Protestants allowed much less "wanted."

Second ... Muslims from birth are not forced to believe in Islam. They take it as real and natural and as the only truth on earth ... just as Christians do when indoctrinated from birth with Christianity.

And why are you going off on a tangent of Muslims murdering Jews, when the Jews are also murdering the Muslims.

It was the Jews that moved into Muslim territory and keep on doing so more and more with the support of modernized Christians that in turn believe that the Jews have to go back to their homeland before Jesus will come ... of all the stupid nonsense!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#487631 Nov 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Establishing of God's Church (THE CALLED OUT ONES)took place in Genesis ,
CALLED OUT
. To give notice to come by authority; to command to come; as, call a servant.
GOD CALLED ABRAM (ABRAHAM) OUT
Gen_12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram,-->Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: <--
THE GENTILE CHURCH... IS AN EXTENSION OF THE CALL OF ABRAHAM
OUR SPIRITUAL ROOTS ARE DEEPLY SET IN JUDE O - Christian SOIL..
THE JEWISH PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN US THE WORD OF GOD..
THE JEWISH PEOPLE HAVE GIVE US THE PATRIARCHS..ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB
THE JEWISH PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN US THE OLD TESTAMENT PROPHETS;
EZEKIEL, ISAIAH JEREMIAH DANIEL HOSEA, JOEL, OBADIAH, JONAH,MICAH,
NAHUM,HABAKKUK, ZEPHANIAH,HAGGAI,ZACHARIAH AND MALACHI.
THE JEWISH PEOPLE GAVE US THE FIRST FAMILY OF CHRISTIANITY
THE JEWISH PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN US THE TWELVE DISCIPLES AND THE APOSTLE PAUL
JESUS SAID IN
Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
IF YOU TAKE AWAY THE JEWISH CONTRIBUTION TO CHRISTIANITY ...THERE WOULD BE NO CHRISTIANITY...
Judaism does not need Christianity to explain it's existence..
Christianity however cannot explain it's existence with out JUDAISM...
~~~

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH CANNOT EXPLAIN IT'S EXISTENCE...BEYOND ITS

PRIVATE INTERPRETATION OF THE SCRIPTURES IN

Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487632 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly. If we were all Muslims on here, you'd work tirelessly to strip that peace from us.
OH you are wrong there. Muslims that come from other countries can take their religion to the extreme and in turn put a hit on me. That's why I steer clear of Muslim forums.

Christians have threatened to do me bodily harm on the forum, but I understand that they know if they get caught they might end up with their holy-butts in prison, and that is a major deterrent. Muslims are not so easily deterred.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is an ex-Muslim Atheist who lives in America and has a need for body guards because she speaks out against Islam.

I can't afford to hire body guards, so I have to take my chances.

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487633 Nov 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH CANNOT EXPLAIN IT'S EXISTENCE...BEYOND ITS
PRIVATE INTERPRETATION OF THE SCRIPTURES IN
Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
The Protestant preacher is at it again ... without the permission of Adonai!

Hahahahaha

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487634 Nov 3, 2013
I wonder who the pope believes hates him enough that he has to hire body guards.

It seems he doesn't trust that Adonai will protect him.

Hahahahahaha

Religion is a REAL hoot!

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#487635 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are indeed silly! First of all the way to the father of a Jewish god, is through the son who believed in his Jewish father. NO Catholics, Muslims or Protestants allowed much less "wanted."
Second ... Muslims from birth are not forced to believe in Islam. They take it as real and natural and as the only truth on earth ... just as Christians do when indoctrinated from birth with Christianity.
And why are you going off on a tangent of Muslims murdering Jews, when the Jews are also murdering the Muslims.
It was the Jews that moved into Muslim territory and keep on doing so more and more with the support of modernized Christians that in turn believe that the Jews have to go back to their homeland before Jesus will come ... of all the stupid nonsense!!!
Disagree ..

Israel is their country ..the Jews,..half those people were moved in o keep the Jews out ...it's theurszmorally and legally and by heredity

.And not the forum to debate that .there are other threads devoted to THat..

GOD will judge ...everyone including those who do not believe in Him.
What if I'm right on that ??

If your right ..I.lose nothing ...which I don't believe you are ..

If I'm right..You will see Him...after spending all of your time trying
To make people disbelieve ..

It's,all up to Him

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487636 Nov 3, 2013
Neither Einstein nor Gandhi thought that creating the state of Israel in 1948 was a good idea, as it meant pushing the Muslims off their lands.

I agree!

Peace can not come out of aggression. It never has, and it never will.
marge

Ames, IA

#487637 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can believe all you want that you belong to the universal Church, it doesnt mean you do. You're not an authority on scripture just because you say you are. None of you are Pastors, Bishops, Elders and deacons simply because you say you are either.
You are no different than Canada saying they are Americans; and telling us what our Constitution is saying.
Nothing in your theology is remotely close to the early Church. Do you have the Mass? nope. Do you have the sacramental priesthood? nope. Do you Baptize infants? nope
So just keep pretending your KJV fell out of the sky for you to decipher your own theology; keep mumbling roman roman roman with vengence; keep reciting bible verses until your blue in the face. You only fool yourself with your pride and arrogance leading the way.
Sounds like you worship your church Clay, notice how we don't brag on our true churches but worship God alone?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487638 Nov 3, 2013
Meanwhile, written on the Jehovah's Witness pamphlet I was handed yesterday, it states "God has resurrected humans in the past."

So you see, the JWs are certain that they are Adonai's ... OH ... excuse me ... Jehovah's chosen few, and that Jehovah will resurrect them back to earth to rule forever.

Hahahahahaha

Fortune-telling is big business.
Peter Paul and Mary

San Antonio, TX

#487639 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder who the pope believes hates him enough that he has to hire body guards.
It seems he doesn't trust that Adonai will protect him.
Hahahahahaha
Religion is a REAL hoot!
The Pope does not hire body guards, the Church does. Just like the US hires body guards to protect the leader of our country. Simple, don't have to put much though into the reasoning behind guarding the leader of any large organization.

There is ONE LORD!
PPM

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487640 Nov 3, 2013
Meanwhile Shaytan and Satan are on the best of terms.

They both have so much of an over-flow of evil-souls in their hells, that they know there is no reason to fight about who gets which souls, that have in turn been abandoned by all those gods.

That's how peace is created. Those two devils know from watching those that kill each other over whose god loves them the most ... that greed is the root of all evil.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487641 Nov 3, 2013
Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope does not hire body guards, the Church does.
Do the pope is against having body guards??? Since WHEN???

You are a riot!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487642 Nov 3, 2013
Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
There is ONE LORD!
You could be right ... but no matter how you twist it ... with in the theology ... the "LORD" of the Abrahamic religion was and is Jewish ... not Christian, not Muslim ... but instead ... Jewish.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary

God (good). Throughout the Hebrew Scriptures two chief names are used for the one true divine being—ELOHIM, commonly translated God in our version, and JEHOVAH translated Lord.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487643 Nov 3, 2013
So if that is "correct" theology that Jehovah translates as LORD ... that means that out of all the Christians ... the Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones on the correct "theological" path.

It's no wonder they believe that Jehovah will resurrect them back to earth to reign forever.

No wonder at all!

Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#487644 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Pasta doesn't have the "guts" it needs to commit murder.
Besides that, pasta is not invisible, and we all know that invisible gods can get away with murder.
Ramen
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#487645 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly. If we were all Muslims on here, you'd work tirelessly to strip that peace from us. That makes you a loser.
And you're not allowed to think religion is based on lies. A lie is a sin to us, but not to you because there is no such thing as sin.
Because you're an atheist and reject God, a lie is nothing of concern to you. You can't justify a lie being bad. It may as well be a useful quality to an atheist; perhaps a noble attribute.
Do you understand that or should I draw you a picture? ;-)
You are spiritually poor.

If you could really read the Bible, you'd be rich.

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNews/Financial-bi...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487646 Nov 3, 2013
It makes sense (within theology) that Jehovah is Lord.

After all, the term Hallelujah means Praise ye Jehovah. It does not mean Praise ye no-name-Lord, as in Christian worship.

Jehovah is Lord, and Elohim is the FATHER-god.

If we straighten out the theology ... the Catholics and Protestants and Muslims can quit fighting over who Elohim loves ... as that is the Jews, and ONLY the Jews.

However there is no reason that Catholics, Protestants and Muslims can't create gods in their own images. From my perspective, that is what should have occurred all along. But instead, they insisted on trying in VAIN to steal the emotions from the god of the Jews.

That was naughty in deed!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#487647 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So if that is "correct" theology that Jehovah translates as LORD ... that means that out of all the Christians ... the Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones on the correct "theological" path.
It's no wonder they believe that Jehovah will resurrect them back to earth to reign forever.
No wonder at all!
jUST AS THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH The jW'S have nothing to witness about...

They haven't been there ...done that ...and don't even have a tea shirt...

They deny spiritual birth ( a born again experience )... as all cults do..

and claim to be the only church as other cults do
Liam

Chicago, IL

#487648 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Meanwhile, written on the Jehovah's Witness pamphlet I was handed yesterday, it states "God has resurrected humans in the past."
So you see, the JWs are certain that they are Adonai's ... OH ... excuse me ... Jehovah's chosen few, and that Jehovah will resurrect them back to earth to rule forever.
Hahahahahaha
Fortune-telling is big business.
This isn't even about religion with you anymore. I definitely don't care about your atheist choice.
You're being exposed as a bigoted fascist. I don't like anyone (religious or not) who strives to mock human beings all day. what a loser! Are you that naive to think we all can't see into you pathetic soul? You're broken and beaten down. and like a real loser, you wish to have everyone else join in your misery. You know it and I know it.
:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessari... 734,001
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 19 min Johnny 2,547
Judge Mathew J. Gary (Jun '12) 23 min Ghost 27
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min AussieBobby 258,212
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 27 min Sameer 769
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 58 min The Awakener 173,311
Calling Islam 'the religion of peace' was the D... 1 hr yon 8
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Black Thunder 42 600,201
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Thinking 226,548
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr JUDEletePete 118,132