Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687174 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487816 Nov 3, 2013
The dogma of Jesus was anti-Judaism from the get-go.

The newly dis-oganized Christians insinuated that Jesus was a traitor to Judaism. If that was not true, why would they have claimed he was baptized by John that they claimed was a Catholic Baptist? they insinuate to this day that Jesus works full time in Catholic confessionals, and that his mother is a Catholic saint.

Jews faithful to Judaism don't DO those things.

You know it and I know it!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487817 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. People (through no fault of their own) haven't had a fair shake to hear the Gospel. Some haven't heard it at all and sick ignorant men with no authority to preach the Bible, are making God out to be a vicious cold hearted killer for sending these poor souls to eternal hell, based entirely on demographics.
We need no further proof that the Holy Spirit does not guide them to Biblical truth.
But maybe,I'm mistaken ..But I've learned we,will be judged by what we knew,...And by born again s,also
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487818 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The basis of Christianity was and is, that one has to be of the Christian faith to be saved.
Why are you trying to pretend it is otherwise???
That's still the basis. There is no guarantee of salvation outside the Church. The Apostles clearly showed us the way and gave us the right tools and food to endure til the end. We're lucky to be Christian. For all others, the path is much more difficult.

Nothing ever can negate the fact that God is perfect love and mercy; justice and truth.
If salvation is truly important; and the message of Jesus Christ is essential, then wouldn't the perfect God also require a person to first hear the Gospel then make a decision??

btw, what do you care? you already made your choice.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487819 Nov 3, 2013
WOe o those who have heard and not heeded .
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#487820 Nov 3, 2013
2 Thessalonians 1:7-9

7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.

8 <<<<<He will punish those who DO NOT KNOW GOD and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.>>>>>

9 ~~~~~They will be punished with everlasting destruction and SHUT OUT from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might~~~~~

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#487821 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Pagans were just as brutal as were the Catholics. However ... those who are modern Pagans don't want to believe that THAT history is based on truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
From the book …“The Golden Bough” by James Frazer
The Burning of Men and Animals in the Fires.
The Druidical sacrifices which we are considering were explained in a different way by W. Mannhardt. He supposed that the men whom the Druids burned in wicker-work images represented the spirits of vegetation, and accordingly that the custom of burning them was a magical ceremony intended to secure the necessary sunshine for the crops. Similarly, he seems to have inclined to the view that the animals which used to be burnt in the bonfires represented the corn-spirit, which, as we saw in an earlier part of this work, is often supposed to assume the shape of an animal. This theory is no doubt tenable, and the great authority of W. Mannhardt entitles it to careful consideration. I adopted it in former editions of this book; but on reconsideration it seems to me on the whole to be less probable than the theory that the men and animals burnt in the fires perished in the character of witches. This latter view is strongly supported by the testimony of the people who celebrate the fire-festivals, since a popular name for the custom of kindling the fires is “burning the witches,” effigies of witches are sometimes consumed in the flames, and the fires, their embers, or their ashes are supposed to furnish protection against witchcraft.
Is this contemporary writing of the actuality, or supposition on a myth?
You are promoting someone else's weak based supposition upon lore as a fact---just as religionist zealots have, in support of their cult, and against all others. and still do today. It is nothing more than divisive propaganda on either part.
I remember explaining the "fire festivals" a long time ago, and do not wish to go there again if it was not accepted the first time.
The misinformation goes all the way back to Caesar trying to capture the isles, and making up stories to illicit more troops from Rome for the conquest.
It is incitement with an agenda...it was then...and it is now.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487822 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. People (through no fault of their own) haven't had a fair shake to hear the Gospel.
They all have their own gospels. The Hindus have their own gospels. The Muslims have their own gospels. The Buddhists have their own gospels ... et cetera.

If you were born and raised in those countries, you would believe that you owned the truth, as do they when they read and preach their own gospels.

Are you that naïve CLAY, or are you just adamant and arrogant that YOU own truth and THAT IS THAT???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#487823 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. People (through no fault of their own) haven't had a fair shake to hear the Gospel. Some haven't heard it at all and sick ignorant men with no authority to preach the Bible, are making God out to be a vicious cold hearted killer for sending these poor souls to eternal hell, based entirely on demographics.
We need no further proof that the Holy Spirit does not guide them to Biblical truth.

7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.

8 <<<<<He will punish those who DO NOT KNOW GOD and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.>>>>>

9 ~~~~~They will be punished with everlasting destruction and SHUT OUT from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might~~~~~
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487824 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's still the basis. There is no guarantee of salvation outside the Church.
Well ... there you have it!!!

Stubborn is, as stubborn does.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487825 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's still the basis. There is no guarantee of salvation outside the Church. The Apostles clearly showed us the way and gave us the right tools and food to endure til the end. We're lucky to be Christian. For all others, the path is much more difficult.
Nothing ever can negate the fact that God is perfect love and mercy; justice and truth.
If salvation is truly important; and the message of Jesus Christ is essential, then wouldn't the perfect God also require a person to first hear the Gospel then make a decision??
Trying to reason with you, is comparable to trying to reason with a block of cement.

If you were raised from childhood as a Hindu, you would believe as a Hindu ... not as a Catholic.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487826 Nov 3, 2013
Truth wrote:
1 Peter 4:17
17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us,~~~~~what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?~~~~~
What will be the outcome for those who never HEARD the Gospel of God, through no fault of their own?

I know you guys like to hide behind Romans 1: 19-20. I don't know why you think you'd be all clear for that. Clearly this reveals the forced ignorance one has to embrace to accept your theology. Its frightening seeing seemingly normal folk, force themselves into ignorance just so they can continue believing in sola scripture- which is also false. Nobody should be reading the Bible like that. Nobody should even approach the Bible like that. I get the impression, when you do that, you hold the Bible up as an idol.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487827 Nov 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this contemporary writing of the actuality, or supposition on a myth?
You are promoting someone else's weak based supposition upon lore as a fact---just as religionist zealots have, in support of their cult, and against all others. and still do today. It is nothing more than divisive propaganda on either part.
I remember explaining the "fire festivals" a long time ago, and do not wish to go there again if it was not accepted the first time.
The misinformation goes all the way back to Caesar trying to capture the isles, and making up stories to illicit more troops from Rome for the conquest.
It is incitement with an agenda...it was then...and it is now.
It will be whatever you want it to be.

I'm not posting anything as fact. I'm just posting ideas from many different points of view.

I realize you are fond of the idea that you know truth from way back in history somewhere or other, but I disagree.

Truth is not easily owned. We have concepts of truth, and real truth might be a long ways away from our concepts ... if, in fact it even exists.

Maybe it's all illusion.
truth

Perth, Australia

#487828 Nov 3, 2013
That's alright why my God spread hand over me.
Where is Grace you can't missed?!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#487829 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I thank the Lord He set up a Church to govern and not rely on men like you waving a Bible back and forth; threatening the world with damnation.
Truth, don't come at me claiming my problem is with the word of God. Its not. My problem is with the million private popes and their interpretations. Your unauthorized opinion on the Bible means nothing to Christianity. I've stated that I appreciate your zeal and demeanor. But you are very ignorant. I think its the sickest thing in the world when I hear you all misuse the Bible to send everyone to hell for not being born again ( to YOUR criteria btw.)

June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487830 Nov 3, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you could memorize this poem as it suits you.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

I swing those scriptures to and fro
High-de-High and away I go

I demand I own the truth
You are just a useless sleuth

Judgment day is coming soon
I've been advised that you are doomed

I preached and preached that you would go free
From the devil's grasp if you listened to me

But you ignored my prophetic vision
You choose the path of lost derision

God knows best, but I know too
That God loves me and the Devil loves you
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487831 Nov 3, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So God will punish people who do not know him? what for, fun?
From the Bible we learn that God is Love, perfect and just. But you're saying he's not. You even through out a bible verse to wash your hands with....

Truth, please put down the Bible. You are not an authority to teach on it. You do great damage to the image of the Christian. This level of forced ignorance is just sad.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#487832 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO salvation outside of Christ Jesus, Clay....

We are either in Christ....

OR,

we are outside of Christ....
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487833 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What will be the outcome for those who never HEARD the Gospel of God, through no fault of their own?
I know you guys like to hide behind Romans 1: 19-20. I don't know why you think you'd be all clear for that. Clearly this reveals the forced ignorance one has to embrace to accept your theology. Its frightening seeing seemingly normal folk, force themselves into ignorance just so they can continue believing in sola scripture- which is also false. Nobody should be reading the Bible like that. Nobody should even approach the Bible like that. I get the impression, when you do that, you hold the Bible up as an idol.
Blah, Blah, Blah.

Maybe you need a lesson. Someone could tie you in a chair ... and preach the Qur'an at you non-stop for a week. Each time you opened your mouth to talk ... the Muslim choir would sing in Arabic and drown your voice out!

That treatment might tone you down to realize that others value their own gospels just as much as you value yours.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#487834 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you always have to drag a supposed god into your fights???
That is what the original poster espoused, and the reply simply followed in the same with redirect in argument. That is proper argument in any court.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#487835 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
So God will punish people who do not know him? what for, fun?
From the Bible we learn that God is Love, perfect and just. But you're saying he's not. You even through out a bible verse to wash your hands with....
Truth, please put down the Bible. You are not an authority to teach on it. You do great damage to the image of the Christian. This level of forced ignorance is just sad.
LOL....

Your problem is you DO NOT accept the whole TRUTH from the Word of God.....

It's right in front of you, Clay....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min another viewer 987,155
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 26 min Clearwater 30,719
Popcorn time for movies and shows using VPN 3 hr clayvligon 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr LAWEST100 184,840
Anthony Bragg 8 hr Oic yes 28
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr Anonymous 286,539
Clinton Foundation Scandals 11 hr Hiddn Numbrz 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 hr Here For Now 619,788
More from around the web