Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,521)

Showing posts 470,401 - 470,420 of513,529
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH ... stop fibbing! You know that you believe the majority of the world's population will spend eternity in hell.
If you do your math, you will know that most humans are not Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
June

Although some doubt is cast on Athanasius for writing this creed, I think it is more one of trying to define God, so as to differ this creed from various beliefs going on at the time of the writing.

Whatever the case, it provides points for discourse and understanding for those interested. It was once considered very common, but as I recall it is only in the last century it has been narrowed,(one might say marginalized) due to misunderstanding.

Recently, I have had to rethink my definition on the word "belief", due to its changing nature from the 1500's until and especially in the 20th century....

Choose your poison.... I am not a person that excludes people from heaven, or their concepts of heaven, to the abyss. So you might as well quit telling me that I do such a thing....
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

June

P.S. There are people that do try and judge others, in the world.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>What a party last night June! Thanks for inviting me.
I just got off the flight and went straight to my computer to thank you!
I never was that much on 'swinging' as they call it,but Judy really seems like a differnt woman! Got to get some sleep now see you later you ol'cooger.
Hahahahaha You've been hitting the spirit-liquor-vender sauce again HUH Jumper!!! I heard via the grapevine that you were "swinging" from the chandeliers.

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Human Being wrote:
June
P.S. There are people that do try and judge others, in the world.
I suggest humans don't simply TRY to judge other, but rather that we DO judge others.

I wouldn't live in a world where I was expected to not judge, as that would be no fun at all!

I suggest it gives me the same sense of pleasure to believe that you are a pompous ass ... as it gives you to believe that others will spend eternity in hell.

And you KNOW how much pleasure you derive from the one-up-man-shit of your Catholic belief that you will saved ... while others have a sense of eternal abandonment.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Although some doubt is cast on Athanasius for writing this creed, I think it is more one of trying to define God...
I suggest he did what was expected of him by the pope of the day. He was told to write that only those of the Catholic faith would be saved ... and in order to save his own life ... he obeyed the pope.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Thomas Aquinas was ordered to recant some of HIS beliefs ... and that is exactly what occurred.

Thereafter he went on to become one of the most famous Catholic theologians ... by agreement of the popes who in turn gave the orders of what would be written as dogmas.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Choose your poison.... I am not a person that excludes people from heaven, or their concepts of heaven, to the abyss. So you might as well quit telling me that I do such a thing....
OH ... but you forgot to mention the other part of your story!!!

When did you stop believing that others will spend eternity in HELL???

The Catholic religion depends on hell in its dogmas, as do YOU ... you pompous-assed FIBBER!!!

I don't use religion to judge others ... and that shows that people don't need your religion in order to learn how to be judgmental.

Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It Is,rich. Please,at least be honest ..a,BANK ..real estate,...treasures..by any ruler the,RCC has,material
Wealth
And yet Churches,are sold out from under parishioners
Poor,ones,who don't even speak the languages of the,other Churches remotely near them...getting money for diocese ...FOR WHAT ..??
Endorsing the Vatican help pay those costs,..
I've,never said the Catholic Charites do not do much good in the world
They do ..But Rome,sits,on great resources
It WAS A,SECULAR POWER ...among Kings, it anointed..it waged wars..Secular ..until that power was lost
Men had the power . Who ran the CHURCH
One thing you don't understand again is God doesn't care about material things at all and what we do for the poor is more valuable. We feed the poor more so than any other Church by the way. You really hate the Church, this is why you are here. You are very angry at her for some reason. You need to rediscover the Church.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Clear example of the blind leading those whom cannot see!!!
I was blind ... but NOW I SEE..........

I'll leave the yodeling part to you.

I'll bet you didn't know that there was yodeling in that catchy song "Amazing Grace."

I didn't either ... until now.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that Islam's hell is real, and that you will spend eternity in it for not being Muslim???
If you don't believe it ... WHY don't you believe it?
After all ... the Muslims believe it ... and they were in the religious scene long before you were a twinkle in your earthly father's eye.
~~~

YOU ANSWER ME THEN i WILL ATTEMPT TO ANSWER YOU...OTHERWISE I WILL NOT ANSWER. YOU..

Do you believe that hell SPOKEN OF IN THE BIBLE is real, and that you will If you don't believe it ... WHY don't you believe it?

After all ... the CHRISTIANS believe it ... and they were in the religious scene long before you were a twinkle in your earthly father's eye. spend eternity in it for not being Muslim???

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> One thing you don't understand again is God doesn't care about material things at all
REALLY???

Do you mean to say that he doesn't even care about your body???

Does that mean I can kill it, and god won't be mad at me?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>What a party last night June! Thanks for inviting me.
Next time you come to one of my parties ... I expect you to take the rest of your booze with you.

My head feels like an over-ripe watermelon about to burst without even being dropped.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU ANSWER ME THEN i WILL ATTEMPT TO ANSWER YOU...OTHERWISE I WILL NOT ANSWER. YOU..
Do you believe that hell SPOKEN OF IN THE BIBLE is real???
Please ... speak in whispers! Have respect.

The answer is "no."

Do you believe the hell mentioned in the Qur'an is real and the Shay&#7789;&#257;n is waiting to burn your eternal "soul?"

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Shaytan is Islam's devil.

All those ancient religions had them at the ready to take care of offenders.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
How come first century infant tombs are engraved with words that say when the child died AND when they were baptized??
These people had first hand knowledge of the Gospel and they Baptized their children. That is a problem for you because you undid this teaching from the Lord. His will is that you guys bring forth your children to get Baptized and you refuse it. You also work to prevent others from Baptizing infants.
One lie of called sola scripture, caused all of Protestant-land to explode.
~~~

"Protestant-land" YOU HAVE EVIDENTLY, COINED A NEW NAME FOR HEAVEN

I HAVE CONCLUDED THAT YOU ARE SO BLINDED BY THE PRIDE, ARROGANCE AND

LIES, OF YOUR ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION...

THAT YOU WOULD RATHER

BURN IN HELL ETERNALLY....

THAN EVEN CONSIDER THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD FROM THE BIBLE...

ENJOY YOURSELF...YOU ASK FOR IT ...HAVE AT IT...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

I could say I don't drink alcohol, but that would be a lie, as my husband uses wine in his cooking.

StarC

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

From Sinners to Saints: No One is Too Far Gone for God

The Embezzler Who Became a Saint
Visitors to Rome will know St. Callixtus (died 222) as San Callisto, the patron of one of the Eternal City’s most famous catacombs. But it’s not likely that tour guides will say anything about his unsavory past.
Callixtus was a Christian slave whose master decided to open a kind of bank where his fellow Christians could keep their money. The master put Callixtus in charge of the bank. He couldn’t have made a worse choice. Callixtus was so careless in his investment decisions that he lost virtually all the depositors’ money. The rest of the money found its way into Callixtus’ pocket.
Afraid of what his irate master might do to him, Callixtus ran away, but was caught, brought back to Rome and imprisoned. Following an incompetent attempt to recover some of the money he had lost, Callixtus caused a public riot, which got him sentenced to slave labor in the mines of Sardinia. There he would have stayed until he died if the Roman emperor had not, unexpectedly, issued a general amnesty for all Christian prisoners.
When Callixtus turned up in Rome again, Pope St. Victor I took responsibility for him. In the spirit of charity tempered by prudence, the Pope found Callixtus a little house far outside the city walls and gave him a stipend. Victor also took to visiting Callixtus. In a short time, the embezzler and brawler showed signs of genuine repentance—so much so that he was ordained a deacon, then a priest, and was given management of the Christian catacomb we know today as San Callisto. In 217 the clergy of Rome elected Callixtus pope. Five years later, he died a martyr.
Callixtus’ martyrdom and veneration as a saint is something no one who knew the old Callixtus would have predicted. And Callixtus had Pope Victor to thank. Good shepherd that he was, Victor sought out the lost sheep. And Callixtus, moved by Victor’s kindness and patience, and touched by God’s grace, responded and turned his back on his old, sinful life.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christophers/201...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

I wonder if those devils Shaytan and Satan are first cousins???

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Shaytan is Islam's devil.
All those ancient religions had them at the ready to take care of offenders.
Without a devil or hell, there is no fear. Without fear organized religions wouldn't exist.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Mara, the Evil One.

Evil is personified in Mara, the Buddhist Devil, who represents temptation, sin, and death. He is identified with Namuche, one of the wicked demons in Indian mythology

http://www.sacred-texts.com/evil/hod/hod10.ht...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 470,401 - 470,420 of513,529
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

431 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 7 min Ruby88 52,645
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Porkpie Hat 250,751
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min pusherman_ 683,099
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 37 min Sheilaa 110,443
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 45 min KiMare 89,787
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 596,831
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr -USA-1 168,978
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr SSugar 218,186
•••