Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658561 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Basile, LA

#487727 Nov 3, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
What satire? It's cold hard fact.
My God never murdered anyone.
My God never ordered anyone murdered.
I follow no murdering deity.
Nothing negative about that.
GDR

Since your FSM does not have any morality, it simply exists in the past.

When there is no more wheat in a billion years, FSM will be a relic of the past(and perhaps a lot sooner than that(smiles).)

Inventions come and go, as well as a taste for pasta.

The future of FSM is dim, so it becomes nothing in the end.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#487728 Nov 3, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Aww your getting vicious. You know, when you came to Topix seversl months ago, you made a claim that you had an illegitimate baby, Ladilulu had an abortion, same story, really. both children were male too. You have been using phrases that Ladi used too. Ladi also threw fits when we said the pill was an abortifacient. Hmmm. You were on Topix 24-7 several months, just like Ladi. Posters should know this, because you make things up.
i know that you have something in your closet that you try to escape by focusing on Rose. Better to resolve whatever this is. Christ is forgiving.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#487729 Nov 3, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
What Jesus? Even if this character existed, Jesus was no good either. The guy himself was a misfit telling others moral stories. duuuuh.
His stories are all about self-glorifying himself. He is all-powerful, but to what good use did he use his powers? None. He could have destroyed the Roman empire and given peoples their freedom back, instated true justice on earth. He did nothing of the kind. He only tells people that they must accept hardship. He himself gives the example by letting himself be tortured. What a bummer.
If you pray to such a God, you solicit for slavery.
And that is why the Romans created this ideology.
So do not tell what Jesus would have done. We know that he would have let himself be tortured and killed. The "all-powerful" but lazy God.
you said:So do not tell what Jesus would have done. We know that he would have let himself be tortured and killed. The "all-powerful" but lazy God.
I say: whos we? Your three personalities???

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487730 Nov 3, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
What Jesus? Even if this character existed, Jesus was no good either. The guy himself was a misfit telling others moral stories. duuuuh.
His stories are all about self-glorifying himself. He is all-powerful, but to what good use did he use his powers? None. He could have destroyed the Roman empire and given peoples their freedom back, instated true justice on earth. He did nothing of the kind. He only tells people that they must accept hardship. He himself gives the example by letting himself be tortured. What a bummer.
If you pray to such a God, you solicit for slavery.
And that is why the Romans created this ideology.
So do not tell what Jesus would have done. We know that he would have let himself be tortured and killed. The "all-powerful" but lazy God.
Very well put.

Had Jesus lived ... he never taught morals of any decency whatever.

He agreed that misfits should be rejected by his god and spend eternity in hell ... simply for not being born in the "right" religion.

That's not compassion at all!!! That is wretched teaching.

Religion is all bunk!
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487731 Nov 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>if you would have become a muslim if forced by gun point than you would be betraying Christ and your church .Standing up for your convictions (faith) means your willing to die for them..I would have to say "see ya" cuz in no way ever would I give up Christ for Allah...
That's not the scenario I was describing. I was describing someone born in a Muslim country who's indoctrinated into their faith. And even if they heard about Jesus, they would have immediately been prevented at gun point from learning further. Right?
Many Muslims haven't had a fair shake in learning about Jesus Christ. We Catholics trust in the infinite Love of God to judge them according to the opportunities they had with the resources they had.
Concerned, Confrint and Preston say 'too bad so sad, they are going to burn in hell'.
what do you say?

Location hidden

#487732 Nov 3, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Having a bad day are you?
Well lil Sara, 1.2 Billion can't be wrong, now can they.
Here clam down, take a chill pill. Close your eyes and say a prayer it will help.
Have a blessed evening ALL!
:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FG9T8UmN6VYXX
Actually I am having a great day thanks for asking.lol 1.2 billion spoon feed robots don't count...oppss sorry, they do count in your Church numbers are everything faith matters not....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#487733 Nov 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What separates the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church is not only the Primacy of the Pope also known as the Infallibility, but also the following innovations of the Roman Catholic Church: The Procession of the Holy Spirit. Purgatory and indulgences. The Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary. Assumption of the Virgin Mary. Invocation of the epiclesis. Unleavened Bread. Holy Communion. Divorce. Clergy's Martal Status. The Orthodox claim in being the 1st Church is historically (untrue) because they refuse to accept the Primacy of the Pope. Since the 1st Pope was Peter, the Catholic Church was the only Church that recognized his primacy. and the Orthodox Church was merely a branch of the Catholic Church from the very beginning of the Church!
If Peter was the first pope....why are there no Catholic churches referred to by Christ in Rev???!!!!

Only logical answer: Because there were none!!!!! The Catholic church is a denomination....nothing else...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487734 Nov 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted textChrist is forgiving.
Whoever taught you that was full of the blarney.

Not one word from Jesus through the pens of Catholic theologians indicated that the Master of love was against the dogma of Hellfire and damnation.

I suggest you wake up ... or not! It's up to you if you choose to stay in the bondage of utter mental stupidity!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#487735 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the scenario I was describing. I was describing someone born in a Muslim country who's indoctrinated into their faith. And even if they heard about Jesus, they would have immediately been prevented at gun point from learning further. Right?
Many Muslims haven't had a fair shake in learning about Jesus Christ. We Catholics trust in the infinite Love of God to judge them according to the opportunities they had with the resources they had.
Concerned, Confrint and Preston say 'too bad so sad, they are going to burn in hell'.
what do you say?
Clay,

Why do you think that we are suppose to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world???

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487736 Nov 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If Peter was the first pope....why are there no Catholic churches referred to by Christ in Rev???!!!!
Only logical answer: Because there were none!!!!! The Catholic church is a denomination....nothing else...
There are many denominations of Catholicism. That is why in ancient history there were three popes reigning at the same time. They couldn't agree on much of anything ... and in particular ... who was going to take complete control of the earthly power, by pretending that he had heavenly support from beyond.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#487737 Nov 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You are despicable!!! Your main motive to bringing up Rose's business in this forum is to discredited her in this forum.You act as tho your life is picture perfect! Again...this forum is NOT a birth control forum and NO ONE here gives a hoot what goes on in a different forum.You continue to sling her name through the mud when you have been asked by her to leave her along and to stop.Your actions shows that you are no Christian and your a ver poor example for any Catholic to try and bring anyone to your church.
YEP!

This is why I try not to respond to this person...not a very good example....if you know what I mean....
truth

Lesmurdie, Australia

#487738 Nov 3, 2013
Rose
I am not judging you..
as i never judge
hysterectomy is not sin its sickness in human body..
Jesus not judge any women..its to much going with law which is out of conciseness against woman's and mothers..

Be strong Rose..your real Creator exist.

Love your God Rose ..love your mother and father love your oldest within is wisdom.
Ones you destroy wisdom you destroy everything.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487739 Nov 3, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
For sure you didn’t pay much attention while you were been taught by “Catholic Nuns”
You know very well that every sacrament is in the Bible, these are Jesus rules.
Jesus would be repulsed at the way you speak of HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH.
St Peter our first Pope would be overjoyed at the growth of Jesus Church!!!
He knows for sure as he watches from heaven.
So you’re not OSAS?
If you are born again and you believe Jesus died for your sins why is there a Judgment Day???
Works and faith is in the Bible read it….or maybe you can take a class at a Catholic Church b/c for sure you didn’t learn much when the nuns taught you.
"Catholics believe that faith AND good works are both necessary for salvation, because such is the teaching of Jesus Christ. What Our Lord demands is "faith that worketh by charity ." (Gal. 5 :6). Read Matthew 25:31-46, which describes the Last Judgment as being based on works of charity. The first and greatest commandment, as given by Our Lord Himself, is to love the Lord God with all one's heart, mind, soul, and strength; and the second great commandment is to love one's neighbor as oneself.(Mark 12:30-31). When the rich young man asked Our Lord what he must do to gain eternal life, Our Lord answered: "Keep the commandments." (Matt. 19:17). Thus, although faith is the beginning, it is not the complete fulfillment of the will of God. Nowhere in the Bible is it written that faith alone justifies. When St. Paul wrote, "For we account a man to be justified by faith, without the works of the law," he was referring to works peculiar to the old Jewish Law, and he cited circumcision as an example."
Confession….AKA
"PENANCE – the sacrament, also known as Confession, through which Christ forgives sin and restores the soul to grace: "Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:22-23. Also see Matt. 18:18). "
"The HOLY EUCHARIST – the sacrament, also known as Holy Communion, which nourishes the soul with the true Flesh and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus, under the appearance, or sacramental veil, of bread and wine: "And whilst they were eating, Jesus took bread; and blessing, broke, and gave to them, and said: Take ye. This is my body. And having taken the chalice, giving thanks, he gave it to them. And they all drank of it. And he said to them: This is my blood of the new testament, which shall be shed for many." (Mark 14:22-24. Also see Matt. 26:26-28, Luke 22:19-20, John 6:52-54, 1 Cor. 10:16)."
ALL JESUS Rules!!!!
If one,loves,Jesus ...Good works,are,something we,want to do
.AS,HE TOLD US,.....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#487740 Nov 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
Why do Protestants become Catholic?
As a convert it from Protestantism to Catholicism, it was a matter of authority--who has it and why. That may seem rather dry reasoning, but it wasn't for me. When I was a Pentecostalist I lived by the whim of my pastor. Whatever he taught us we believed even though he had no more authority to do that than any other man on the street. He may have had more Bible study, but understood from a very restricted point of view that ignored centuries of history as well as the Church Fathers of the first centuries. And this lack of authority led to inaccurate and even damaging beliefs.
If only the truth can set us free then I think we have the right to have the truth--the whole truth and not just what a Protestant denomination wants to accept of what was taught by the Church Christ himself founded--the Catholic Church. Nor skewed beliefs made up by men who oppose the Church merely because it teaches what they don't want to believe, even though Jesus himself gave the Church the full authority to discern what is true teaching from what isn't.
Had you been led by the Holy Spirit, He would have led you to search the scriptures daily, to see if what your pastor was telling you were so....per Scripture...

Location hidden

#487741 Nov 3, 2013

Location hidden

#487742 Nov 3, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
YEP!
This is why I try not to respond to this person...not a very good example....if you know what I mean....
I agree...I feel so sorry for Rose that this person is on her back all the time.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487743 Nov 3, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay,
Why do you think that we are suppose to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world???
That's a dumb question. If you're implying that people are going to hell for not being Christian based ONLY on the environment they were born in, then you are sick.

God is the prefect judge. God is infinite Love and Mercy. Don't you think he'd require people to first hear the Gospel and make a decision before He sends them to eternal suffering?
That's why you guys frighten me. You go out of your way to force ignorance upon yourself and frankly, make the rest of Christianity look as equally ignorant.

Location hidden

#487744 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever taught you that was full of the blarney.
Not one word from Jesus through the pens of Catholic theologians indicated that the Master of love was against the dogma of Hellfire and damnation.
I suggest you wake up ... or not! It's up to you if you choose to stay in the bondage of utter mental stupidity!
Well, being full of blarney is better than being full of something else..lol

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#487745 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I doubt that there were any women who were ministers in the early days of Christianity, as the supposed Gnostic literature insinuates.
Back then it was a man's world. Judaism was all about male theologians and that brushed off directly on Christianity. There is nothing that indicates women were Christian theologians at any time in those early centuries whatsoever.
NOTHING!
Of course there were. That all changed with the "new" interpretations of corrupted Hebrew priests. From that point on the masochists were in command in religion and state....and the Abrahamics sought to wipe out and destroy every possible facet of the original systems of belief regarding any female position of importance and sovereign deity...even as far as going into Africa and defacing all structures and writings of previous culture(s).
This is the barbaric and deceptive culture you now live under(within). The "wolf' in "sheep" cloths.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487746 Nov 3, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The pill is an abortifacient, you are only fooling yourself. And its a very grave mistake. S hysterectomy for medical reasons is okay, for family planning, its a mortal sin. I am a mother, and what you have done is irresponsible.
You're,a,mother ..what does,that mean

..what thing I did was,irresponsible???

Much as,you think I should be,ashamed of my life ,and tried here,to do it .
I'm glad,I have 2 children and,4,grandchildren

I'm not getting your point ..
Or maybe,I am ..

Why don't you worry about your life and,I'll worry about mine

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min The Doctor 70,624
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min RiversideRedneck 974,693
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min Blink 282,940
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 38 min ImFree2Choose 3,020
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 618,845
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Demon Finder 18,777
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 45,604
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 hr Toby 4,966
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 10 hr Hilary 93
More from around the web