Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,294
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#487447 Nov 2, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose...you would do best to not reply to this person who is obviously harassing you again....it is clear that she is projecting.
Aren't we all projecting our beliefs on others???

There are more claims of religious truth on these threads than can be accounted for ... and yet ... none of you agree.

Maybe some day you will tune in to the idea that your theologians WANT you to keep the fight going, as they depend on it for their incomes.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487448 Nov 2, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You said..if the Roman Catholic Church corrupted Christianity, how come Christians before 313 AD believed in the Eucharist, infant Baptism, Sacramental Priesthood and Confession as well as prayer to the deceased?" My answer....(your not gonna like it) IS BECAUSE THEY WERE ORTHODOX NOT CATHOLICS..
The Orthodox were the first to break off from the Ctholic Church and the first ones to think about going back. Yes, your Church is negotiating

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#487449 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Dear Father .
I pray tonight for us,all on this forum.
For ourselves and our families .
For their Spiritual healing
That they may know and love You .
I pray for healing in body for all who are Here .
For Nick ..for Preston..for the husband of LTM for me and my husband and the families and persons who post here .
For our leaders that they have the wisdom. You gave to Solomon.
For Peace in Israel.
There are spirits of unrest all around us that gloat At our dissent ..And,disharmony and enmity Between and,among us,
We,pray them gone and a,more peaceful. Discussion of OUR beliefs here on this, Forum ..so that none leave here,angry .
In the,most Precious,name,of out LORD JESUS,CHRIST AMEN
Amen....that was very sweet of you..thank you

Prince George, Canada

#487450 Nov 2, 2013
Those men of the church were horrible brutes.

Imagine how the parents felt when they believed their babies and members of families that committed suicide, were burning in hell!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

According to Graunt, persons not interred in cemeteries (stillborn infants and suicides) were much underreported.

Prince George, Canada

#487451 Nov 2, 2013
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Baptism

It was universally taught by churchmen that children who died unbaptized would suffer forever in hell.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#487452 Nov 2, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Amen....that was very sweet of you..thank you
You are most welcome ..I pray as,you know once a week on here ..But a,lot more by myself ..

You both are in my prayers .

GOD BLESS you both
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#487453 Nov 2, 2013
While there are many people in the Roman Catholic Church who are REAL christians, the REALITY of the matter is that Satan the Wicked One is dominating the hearts and minds of many a pedophile at the Vatican.

Location hidden

#487454 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are most welcome ..I pray as,you know once a week on here ..But a,lot more by myself ..
You both are in my prayers .
GOD BLESS you both
And you and your husband are in ours as well as others on this forum...

Location hidden

#487455 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't we all projecting our beliefs on others???
There are more claims of religious truth on these threads than can be accounted for ... and yet ... none of you agree.
Maybe some day you will tune in to the idea that your theologians WANT you to keep the fight going, as they depend on it for their incomes.
When I said projecting I wasn't talking about faiths..

Location hidden

#487456 Nov 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Orthodox were the first to break off from the Ctholic Church and the first ones to think about going back. Yes, your Church is negotiating
wrong....an its your catholic belief but not orthodox belief and true our church is negotiating but don't hold your breath..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#487457 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Preach, preach, preach ... blah, blah, blah.
Do you (by any chance) believe that a god will save you and reject others???
New day ... same old self-serving sermon!!!
==========

At times it appears that you are answering a completely different post. First this is not preaching. It is not a sermon. It is apologetics. If someone was preaching you need to post to them.

You always have this radio playing in your head that claims that another poster is favoring self and saying others are are rejeced. Change the station. A little Motown would be nice.

Now why would I put more credence in John of the Cross than June of the Crossed Eyes?

In the first place, John was clearly influenced by the Bible. Scriptural images are common in both his poems and prose—in total, there are 1,583 explicit and 115 implicit quotations from the Bible in his works

Both his poetry and his studies on the growth of the soul are considered the summit of mystical Spanish literature and one of the peaks of all Spanish literature

In Salamanca, where he studied theology and philosophy at the prestigious University there (at the time one of the four biggest in Europe, alongside Paris, Oxford and Bologna) and at the Colegio de San Andrés

St. John of the Cross is considered one of the foremost poets in the Spanish language. Although his complete poems add up to fewer than 2500 verses, two of them — the Spiritual Canticle and the Dark Night of the Soul — are widely considered masterpieces of Spanish poetry, both for their formal stylistic point of view and their rich symbolism and imagery

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#487458 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And Jesus said in John 6:47-59 "Unless you eat my body (which is REAL FOOD) and drink my blood (which is REAL DRINK), you CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE"!!!! I/we as Catholics ALL KNOW, follow and adhere to your Protestant "bible waiving" verses that you "fundies" keep "pyramiding and quoting". TRUE CHRISTIANITY is based upon TRUE CHURCH HISTORY historical facts and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible along with the TRUE TEACHINGS OF Jesus Christ in and through HIS One True Universal Catholic Church..It has absolutely (nothing to do) with. your bible only (burger flip) a (cafeteria style-pick and choose selection) of the verses that fit the Protestant (anti-catholic agenda. Discarding, omitting and rejecting the "rest of the TRUTH bible" is necessary for you "fundies" because it would "totally undermine" your bible only (man-made) beliefs, which 9on their own) have absolutely no biblical or historical truth to back it up--- ANYWAY!!!
You are a liar....your pope approved Bible says in Mt 16:18 "church" means any congregation that follows the teachings of Christ...

The National Council of Churches say you are lying....they say the Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA...Christ built no denomination..

The Bible says you are lying...Christ referred not to any Catholic churches in Rev...because there were none...

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#487459 Nov 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Those Catholics are committing a mortal sin. Yes, they are. Do you remember what a mortal sin is? Those pro aborts were laughing at you , you are so naivete that they really took advantage of you and used you to upset the pro life posters. You willingly turned your back on Jesus. You refuse to receive the Eucharist , you were taught that the Eucharist is Jesus. Now don't say you weren't taught that. How could you refuse to receive Him? You are so sensitive when someone disagrees with you that you play a little game and try to get others to report the person who *hates* you, no one really hates you rose by the way.
If they atrxcommitting sin..That is between them and God .

I do not play games ..

I don't get people to do anything . You don't post in a vacuum ..

And I don't play games ...
People have tried speaking to you very nicely and sincerely..

I've told you and I try very hard to be forgiving .I pray that you find Peace in your life

I've asked you many times . Stop making disagreements personal .

Many others have done thE same ...asked you to stop

When I was,here ..when I was gone for two years ...same thing ..You just had different people to focus on..
.now it's me ..

We disagree ...so do Many people Here and on other threads ...yet they usually don't post as you do ..nor follow or harass others .

Find something to focus on besides me ..please ..give it as penance or something the hatred you seem to have for me ...give it to God ..
Rather than acting on it ..

Peace

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#487460 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
The Catholic Church The True Church Founded By Jesus Christ?
#LIST OF CHURCHES - FOUNDER {place}(year)
#Roman Catholic - Jesus Christ {Jerusalem}(33)
#Anglican Communion - King Henry VIII {England}(1534)
#Baptist - John Smyth {Amsterdam}(1609)
#Methodist - John Wesley {England}(1703)
#Lutheran - Martin Luther {1521}(Germany)
#Jehovah's Witness - Charles Taze Russel {United States}(1870)
#Winners Chapel - David Oyedepo {Nigeria}(1992)
#Redeem Christian Church of God - Enoch Adeboye {Nigeria}(1952)
#Word of Life Bible Church - Ayo Oritsejafor {Nigeria}(1972)
#Father's House Bible Church - R. S Leigh {Nigeria}(2000)
#House on the Rock - Paul Adefarasin {Nigeria}(1994)
The Catholic Church is the true church established by our Lord Jesus Christ in the year 33 upon Saint Peter's faith. Those who have searched with sincerity of heart have returned to the church.
The Catholic church is not just a Christian denomination, but it is the original pre-denominational church. And the word "Catholic" means "Universal", for those who don't know.
*Jesus Christ Established a Visible Church On Earth*
Every Christian believes that Jesus Christ established and sustains a community of faith, hope and love for all believers. This community we call His Church. The Church that Christ founded is the Catholic Church which has a formal earthly structure established by Christ and which continues under His authority and protection.
In the Old Testament we see God's continual involvement in the lives of the Israelites through appointed prophets. God delivered, instructed and admonished the Israelites. He made His motions in a visible, specific and formal way. He always did so through human hands, mouths, feet, minds and wills. God established a law and a means for executing it.
In concert with His redemptive act, Jesus did three things that established the framework of His Church. First, He chose humans to carry out His work. He appointed Peter to be the visible head of the Church. Jesus said to Peter, "You are Rock and on this rock I will build my Church." (Matthew 16: 18) Jesus said "build," as in to create a structure. Jesus built His structure on specifically chosen human beings Peter and the apostles.
Second, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles the power and authority to carry out His work. "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven."(Matthew 16:19; 18:18) "Receive the Holy Spirit, whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven, whose sins you retain, they are retained."(John 20:23)
The Early Church was structured in a hierarchical, authoritative and visible and Jesus initiated it in Matthew 16:31-21
You are a liar....your pope approved Bible says in Mt 16:18 "church" means any congregation that follows the teachings of Christ...

The National Council of Churches say you are lying....they say the Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA...Christ built no denomination..

The Bible says you are lying...Christ referred not to any Catholic churches in Rev...because there were none...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#487461 Nov 2, 2013
In the Name of the Father,Son and Holy Spirit

Father,

You have gifted us with all that we are and all that we have.Most of all You have gifted us at our core with Your Divine image.

Please forgive us for our sins. In our sins we reject your love. But we do so rely on your mercy.

Please transform us. Please help us to draw together in Christ and let our self pride fall to the ground like the Evil One fell from the sky.

Please shine your blessings, comfort, healing, and peace on Preston and his family, LTM and her husband,Confront and his Kaye,Thunder,Rose and her husband,,Marge and anyone I have forgotten.

Father we praise You,we thank You, we Love you.

We ask things in the Name of Jesus

Amen

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#487462 Nov 2, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>And you and your husband are in ours as well as others on this forum...
Thank you SERA,.much appreciated ..
It is,a blessing I've found loving people
On Topix .
Liam

Chicago, IL

#487463 Nov 2, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You said..if the Roman Catholic Church corrupted Christianity, how come Christians before 313 AD believed in the Eucharist, infant Baptism, Sacramental Priesthood and Confession as well as prayer to the deceased?" My answer....(your not gonna like it) IS BECAUSE THEY WERE ORTHODOX NOT CATHOLICS..
actually, I do like it. That means the ORTHODOX corrupted Christianity. now Confrint can blast you guys for being the antichrists.

Location hidden

#487465 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, I do like it. That means the ORTHODOX corrupted Christianity. now Confrint can blast you guys for being the antichrists.
do they teach you how to twist things around and how to deflect in school?...
truth

Perth, Australia

#487466 Nov 2, 2013
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/motors/a/-/m...
Thank you very much..must be they listening my telephone oh my uncle.

yep
we talk..

keep clean your city from rubbish and old way living....inner city reopen ones again every second street one cross one way other cross on other side close..only walk..

many things they can change and afforded life with less spending money as well deference approach of energy..

yep
car is very nice

my mind
if i have authority in this city i will clean up my city from many things..make every city healthy
and much more better disire..creation is part
of Creator mind..its stay in inner of every child..today we teach children on deference path ..
but they can be very active in debating in schools and deference creativity centers better then any politicians..

we have to much unhealthy things in every city trough world..many mothers and kids are simply prisoners of life..mind is perfection that you can express yourself..other good people listening as well going except..
less polluted traffic is solution of problems..
more open space between buildings are much more healthy as well can used for other things..

energy..yeee in future you don't need wage war for oil..yee its coming huge challenge..as well production..yee you can have secure many many
jobs if you reconstruct our way of living as well greedy way collecting money..federal and state and so on..huge pure and clear beneficiary
in reproduction delivery and collecting money in private as well collective way..

as click in within as magnet as huge power and huge cifra=numbers..

every household can have own energy every buildings each car or any future transport facility depend on creativity and desire..huge

each eria can control themselves too in collecting money..as well deference approach privacy on every living earia..

tower
ana dabogda ti crkla lijepo ti pise
inginering ho ho ho santa close

see vegetation tree flora fauna and so on..jaaaaaa

on this continent we have everything much more then others
here we have greedy corupt media and ministers jelouse on ordinary people which they are much more smart then they are..
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#487467 Nov 2, 2013
FYI

Tylenol Just Once A Month Raises A Child's Asthma Risk 540%

11-02-2013

http://vaticproject.blogspot.com/

If you're not familiar with "Magog", this may help:

http://www.wake-up.org/daystar/ds1997/FEB97A....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 3 min Konny 654
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Tide with Beach 774,846
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Rick in Kansas 265,077
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 16 min shyam 5,510
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min lil whispers 604,944
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 30 min andet1987 5,711
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 56 min andet1987 5,098
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 175,595
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Haji Muhammad Abd... 441,762
More from around the web