Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683544 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Lesmurdie, Australia

#487547 Nov 3, 2013
to su davli potopili prije
truth

Lesmurdie, Australia

#487548 Nov 3, 2013
tears
truth

Lesmurdie, Australia

#487549 Nov 3, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra

https://www.google.com.au/search...

i am as i am as i always exist from all enternity

others are wicket jealous and so onnnnnn

trough passage is light

golden light yellow light

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487550 Nov 3, 2013
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Tolkien a Roman Catholic was a great influence that Lead Lewis out of Atheism to Christianity, as they worked together studied together at Oxford I believe. They were great friends, after Tolkien wrote Lord of the rings he encouraged Lewis to write books for his children and thus influenced the Lion the witch the wardrobe
He was never a RC and Tolkien was disappointed when C.S. Lewis came to his conclusion the RCC was not the one true church and rejected it as such.
Everything I found on the subject says,Lewis,Was,NOT Catholic .

Not sure where that idea,came from ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487551 Nov 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Tolkien a Roman Catholic was a great influence that Lead Lewis out of Atheism to Christianity, as they worked together studied together at Oxford I believe. They were great friends, after Tolkien wrote Lord of the rings he encouraged Lewis to write books for his children and thus influenced the Lion the witch the wardrobe
He was never a RC and Tolkien was disappointed when C.S. Lewis came to his conclusion the RCC was not the one true church and rejected it as such.
Interestingly ..mysterious,..an author named Randy Alcorn...great books,like Dominion....wrote a,book ..called Lord Fulgrams letters based on the,Scretspe book .

Paxton has,some beautiful descriptions,of how,he imagine a,heaven to be. BASED on EHAT we have from scripture ..

Again that was,trivia,...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#487553 Nov 3, 2013
- NOMAD- wrote:
<quoted text>
***What say yu about the other Catholic Church...The Ortherdox branch of the Catholic Church?
What separates the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church is not only the Primacy of the Pope also known as the Infallibility, but also the following innovations of the Roman Catholic Church: The Procession of the Holy Spirit. Purgatory and indulgences. The Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary. Assumption of the Virgin Mary. Invocation of the epiclesis. Unleavened Bread. Holy Communion. Divorce. Clergy's Martal Status. The Orthodox claim in being the 1st Church is historically (untrue) because they refuse to accept the Primacy of the Pope. Since the 1st Pope was Peter, the Catholic Church was the only Church that recognized his primacy. and the Orthodox Church was merely a branch of the Catholic Church from the very beginning of the Church!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487554 Nov 3, 2013
<quoted text>
As defined today by the Roman Catholic Sect in Rome the Papacy did not begin until approximately the 10th century and even then the Papacy Changed. But in Fabians day there was no Pope of Popes in the least. No Pope in any other Christian church, from Jerusalem to Corinth to Ephesus to Hippo was in sub mission to Fabian they were equals.
In the 3rd Centuries their were many popes, remember the same word translated for Bishop in the english is translated pope.
You can try as you might to re-write history, very common in the RCC and the forgeries of the RCC are well known but history does not bear out the RCC's claims.
That which Rome today calls their Popes far years gone by were Bishops of many Bishops all equal all having one vote at the early church councils.
That is simple history that not even Romes historians will deny publicly as the facts of history show.
To the point even Romes historians come up with wild and new concepts like the Acorn theory the the Papacy was a seed in the 1st century that grew into an Oak tree in the 10th century.
Sad and Laughable that RC's like star and yourself put your heads in the sand and drink the koolaid .
Your quote is quite interesting as in context it implies Rome had many Popes Bishops alive at the same time not ONE.
I thought that the,idea,of ONE,bishop over all was,the cause if he Schism in 1054
Until.when all the bishops had an Equal rank ...was,my understanding??
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#487555 Nov 3, 2013
Why do Protestants become Catholic?
As a convert it from Protestantism to Catholicism, it was a matter of authority--who has it and why. That may seem rather dry reasoning, but it wasn't for me. When I was a Pentecostalist I lived by the whim of my pastor. Whatever he taught us we believed even though he had no more authority to do that than any other man on the street. He may have had more Bible study, but understood from a very restricted point of view that ignored centuries of history as well as the Church Fathers of the first centuries. And this lack of authority led to inaccurate and even damaging beliefs.

If only the truth can set us free then I think we have the right to have the truth--the whole truth and not just what a Protestant denomination wants to accept of what was taught by the Church Christ himself founded--the Catholic Church. Nor skewed beliefs made up by men who oppose the Church merely because it teaches what they don't want to believe, even though Jesus himself gave the Church the full authority to discern what is true teaching from what isn't.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487556 Nov 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
Why do Protestants become Catholic?
As a convert it from Protestantism to Catholicism, it was a matter of authority--who has it and why. That may seem rather dry reasoning, but it wasn't for me. When I was a Pentecostalist I lived by the whim of my pastor. Whatever he taught us we believed even though he had no more authority to do that than any other man on the street. He may have had more Bible study, but understood from a very restricted point of view that ignored centuries of history as well as the Church Fathers of the first centuries. And this lack of authority led to inaccurate and even damaging beliefs.
If only the truth can set us free then I think we have the right to have the truth--the whole truth and not just what a Protestant denomination wants to accept of what was taught by the Church Christ himself founded--the Catholic Church. Nor skewed beliefs made up by men who oppose the Church merely because it teaches what they don't want to believe, even though Jesus himself gave the Church the full authority to discern what is true teaching from what isn't.
HOJO

Just curious,and you don't have to answer ...did you HAVR true born again belief and love in your heart for Jesus,..when you were in that Church ???

Do others,there'' You think .

I know,a,lady who is,Pentecostal ..And lives,Jesus,very much .
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#487557 Nov 3, 2013
<quoted text>
you and rose are right, C S Lewis wasn't Catholic. He'd been raised in northern Ireland by .bigots like you. He brought that bigotry over to England but gradually began to see the lies of Protestantism and nothing but good things to say about Catholicism towards the end of his life.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#487558 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I found on the subject says,Lewis,Was,NOT Catholic .
Not sure where that idea,came from ..
I assumed he was because his (later) writings reflected a Catholic. His early writings were recycled protestant propaganda. my bad
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487559 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Dear Father .
I pray tonight for us,all on this forum.
For ourselves and our families .
For their Spiritual healing
And meanwhile the Muslims are praying for YOUR "spiritual healing" in that you will SEE THE LIGHT and be wise enough to become a Muslim before you die and have to burn in "Islam's" hell.

Silly humans ... dumber than dumb!!!
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487560 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are most welcome ..I pray as,you know once a week on here ..But a,lot more by myself ..
You both are in my prayers .
GOD BLESS you both
A Jehovah's Witness was at my door yesterday.

He no-doubt prays for what he believes is YOUR spiritual blindness.

His little pamphlet reads "Jehovah hates death, He longs to bring back those who are in his memory and to see them live on earth again."

It seems that unless YOU become a Jehovah's Witness, YOU are doomed, as YOU are NOT in Jehovah's memory.

Silly people do all the talking for their own images of gods that live as fantasy ... ONLY in their own imaginations.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487561 Nov 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>When I said projecting I wasn't talking about faiths..
Forum are all faith-based. You have faith in your idea that other people are "projecting" and when you explain your ideas, you never "project."

I have faith that religion is all based on fantasy and you have faith that yours is the REAL-deal while only other religions are based on fantasy.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487562 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
CD LEWIS conversion was,from a,skeptic to a Christian.
I do not BElieve He was a Catholic ..clay .
His wife was and was on his way to become Catholic but died.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487563 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
Author G. K Chesterton was an atheist, occult member, Anglican protestant and finally Roman Catholic.(Not a very popular title in 20th century England.)
His investigative study of early Church writings and logic led him into the Catholic Church. He once uttered "those awful keys". Realizing that the Bishop of Rome was a ticket to certain death and the men who stood up and accepted that office were true heroes to the faith, he realized his Anglican faith was just but a cheap imitation of the true Church and was received into the Catholic Church later in life.
His writings would later influence other notable converts from atheism and protestantism, like C S Lewis.
My husband loves the EWTN show about Chesterton.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487565 Nov 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
At times it appears that you are answering a completely different post. First this is not preaching. It is not a sermon. It is apologetics.
Your every post defends your own religion as truth and puts down other religions as false.

Concerning religion, apologetics is simply another term for defending and sermonizing your own dogmas as being based on truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

apologetics

noun

plural noun: apologetics

reasoned arguments or writings in justification of something, typically a theory or religious doctrine.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487566 Nov 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ built no denomination..
Do you believe that "includes" the denomination that you constantly defend???
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487567 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If they atrxcommitting sin..That is between them and God .
Then why are you praying for other people's supposed "sins" to be corrected?

:)
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487568 Nov 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Please forgive us for our sins.
I don't believe that humans sin against the will of a god, as I don't believe in the existence of any of those human-created images of gods whatsoever.

I suggest it's not polite of you to insinuate that I am a sinner, just because you believe that YOU are a sinner.

If you have respect for others, you will keep your personalized sermons in your own head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Here For Now 619,684
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 23 min Aura Mytha 15,295
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min Buck Crick 983,028
Sex 2 hr Supersquirrel69 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 3 hr Unanimous 7
Venting Against FAKE Americans 5 hr Mint Julep 3
JakeDover34 Add me on snap!! 7 hr Jakedover34 1
More from around the web