Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596373 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#487263 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH OH!!!
Poor hojo! He knows no better than to disobey the rule of all the gods.
"Thou shalt not try to steal the emotions of another man's GOD!"
"Thou shalt not tempt the GOD to commit emotional adultery."
No one is forcing "anyone" to believe "anything" June nor to "steal the emotions of another mans God" as you say! Each of us is free to choose or reject the Catholic Faith and the One Church that Jesus HIMSELF initiated in Matthew 16....... Your beligerence, hostility and anger against Christianity and (especially against the faith and salvation of other Christians) "in particular---Catholics) is an "open book"!!!! The question is "Why do you care anyway"?? You have chosen to reject the Catholic Christian faith for atheism or agnosticism (or whatever you want to call yourself)...Then go live in your anti-christian isolationism!!! I/we as Catholics have accepted our faith and salvation in the TRUTH of Jesus Christ (each and every day) at Daily Mass and the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD). You've made a different choice!!!
Liam

Chicago, IL

#487264 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And what if the,CHURCH itself strays,that's,been my question from the start ..
Jesus,never told the Church ..whatever form it took ..
You'd be calling Jesus a liar then. He said the gates of hell wouldn't prevail against His Church, yet you suggest they 'strayed' from the truth on their own? Or perhaps a Pope corrupted it??
If one lie gets in, hell prevailed. One lie would cause the whole Church to crumble on the weight of that one lie.
(and no rose, I'm not talking about the individual lies of a Pope or Priest.)
We are assured by Christ through the Papacy that the conveying of truth would always be protected from error- even if a scoundrel of a man is holding the keys, they literally could not lead the Church astray.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#487265 Nov 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Interesting....
So you are saying that you were raised without any conviction, and you rediscovered that in your older age.
So you are singlemindedly determined to be dually minded. So you have no absolutes and all becomes relative.
What a conflict!
Those are YOUR words ... not mine.

I was raised to believe in the existence of a god by two loving parents that belonged to two different religions.

You ought to know about that type of confusion Robert F. After all ... you've been a Protestant, an Atheist and two times you've been a Catholic. And in between you dabbled in Buddhism.

:)
marge

Ames, IA

#487266 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Men stray, but NOT the Church, because Jesus Christ and the Church are one! It is HIS CHURCH! Not ours! Matthew 16 confirms this when Our Lord said "upon this rock I will built MY CHURCH!!!HE is the vine and we are the branches!...... Until you (fully) believe, understand and accept this historical and biblical TRUTH, RoSesz, your spiritual life will continue to "spin round in the same (opinionated) circles" with the rest of the 42,100+ bible only "fundies" that rely upon "relative (editorialized) truth" of confusion and chaos!!!
One day the Pharisees asked Jesus, "When will the Kingdom of God come?" Jesus replied, "The Kingdom of God can't be detected by visible signs.

You won't be able to say,'Here it is!' or 'It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is already among you."
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#487267 Nov 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Ho Jo wrote
The Catholic Church was the only Christian Church until the Protestant Reformation in 1522 and it contains the
fullness of truth as revealed in sacred scripture and sacred tradition.
~~~
In your wildest dreams...you cold not make such a foolish declaration as you have just posted...
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS ATTEMPTED TO SMUDGE AND DESECRATE THE GLORY OF GOD...
QUESTION
CAN YOU HONESTLY NAME ONE SIN...THAT CANNOT BE PLACED AT IT'S DOORSTEP..?
THERE IS NO COMPARISON....
NOTHING that declares the GLORY OF GOD;...
CAN BE FOUND IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
Psa 19:1
To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psa 19:2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
Psa 19:3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
(repeat)
The Glory of God and the TRUTH of the WORD OF GOD is, has and will always be (fully)proclaimed in Jesus Christ and in the Church that HE established, formed and initiated over 2000 years ago!!
Men stray, but NOT the Church, because Jesus Christ and the Church are one! It is HIS CHURCH! Not ours! Matthew 16 confirms this when Our Lord said "upon this rock I will built MY CHURCH!!!HE is the vine and we are the branches!...... Until you (fully) believe, understand and accept this historical and biblical TRUTH, your spiritual life will continue to "spin round in the same (opinionated) circles" with the rest of the 42,100+ bible only "fundies" that rely upon "relative (editorialized) truth" of just more confusion and and more chaos that has existed since the Reformation
marge

Ames, IA

#487268 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Men stray, but NOT the Church, because Jesus Christ and the Church are one! It is HIS CHURCH! Not ours! Matthew 16 confirms this when Our Lord said "upon this rock I will built MY CHURCH!!!HE is the vine and we are the branches!...... Until you (fully) believe, understand and accept this historical and biblical TRUTH, RoSesz, your spiritual life will continue to "spin round in the same (opinionated) circles" with the rest of the 42,100+ bible only "fundies" that rely upon "relative (editorialized) truth" of confusion and chaos!!!
For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Prince George, Canada

#487269 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You said: "I wish them peace in whatever form peace may take them"
You are a phony, because Christianity brings peace to every Christian on here,
OH I realize that you are in a state of hypnotized peace ... but the teaching of Christianity does not bring peace of mind to those that believe they are destined to hell.

Do you GET that part of the equation?

Homosexuals have committed suicide because of Christian parents teaching them that homosexuality is offensive, evil and vile to "GOD."

And homosexuals are only one group that suffered because of such horrible nonsense being taught as truth.

You should feel shame ... but your state of hypnosis in the ridiculous attitude that you are saved, doesn't allow your conscience to be activated.
marge

Ames, IA

#487270 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487271 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And what if the,CHURCH itself strays,that's,been my question from the start ..
Jesus,never told the Church ..whatever form it took ..
To become enmeshed in the,workings,of Caesar ...nor to promote,one Caesar over another ..nor to either sit by or aid Caesar in persecutions ...especially persecution of Abrahams,descendants,
"I will cuts d those who curse them "
And when did Christ say amass great wealth in my name ..
Peter would never sit in that earthly throne having his,ring
Kissed by monarchs .
It appears,John Paul by apologizing ...And now,Francis,...by eschewing
Many trappings of office .....are,saying by action ..the very things,I'm speaking of ...
YET if I bring these things,up I'm.anti CATHOLIC..
DID it ever occur to you That the Reformation ...aside from spreading the WORD of God ...also was meant to bring your CHURCH closer to the APOSTLES way ..the Way of Christ
You know rose, you are very anti Catholic and would you please stop the ignorant remarks. You are one of those people who took what Francis said wrong. Francis doesn't want to change the Church at all. Christ founded the Catholic Church. You can't change that at all. Could you tell me if its okay for Benny Hinn to own several houses with luxury cars and many swimming pools? What about Joel Osteen and his preaching on prosperity which goes against what Christ wants us to do. what about the crazy network called TBN and the many mansions those people own? How the head of the network has gay affairs and is really divorced from his pink/blue haired wife. His sons hate him and preach a bizarro idea that we are living heaven on earth. Jimmy Swaggert and his affairs. The Bakkers. My church has done more for the people of this world than any other religion including Judaism. You don't understand, your church is built on sand, ours is built on a rock. Christ will not let the Catholic Church be destroyed. That is a fact.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#487272 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you claiming that you have no free will???
:)

tongue in cheek
Well good morning June!
Of course I have a choice and free will. That was a figure of speech I said earlier.
I went to mass this morning and had the Eucharist. This bread is designed for people like you. Its spiritual nourishment.

Today btw is All Souls Day. Every minute in this world 100 people die. 20 will have died by the time I finish this sentence. You and I will be counted among those one day..(hopefully not today)
Most of those 100 heard the gospel and made a choice. Some might not have due to demographics and age. For them, the Loving God and perfect judge will decide their fate.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#487273 Nov 2, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
One day the Pharisees asked Jesus, "When will the Kingdom of God come?" Jesus replied, "The Kingdom of God can't be detected by visible signs.
You won't be able to say,'Here it is!' or 'It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is already among you."
Swing and a miss.
You guy constantly use one verse to topple another in order to arrive at your pre determined conclusion.
This one above doesn't even come close. Shame on you for manipulating sacred scripture like that.
marge

Ames, IA

#487274 Nov 2, 2013
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Prince George, Canada

#487275 Nov 2, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
What if there is no heaven???

Will all your preaching have been in VAIN???

After all ... salvation is all about YOU. Your belief for others is that they deserve HELL for eternity.

And you think your religion is based on goodness and ... worst of all ... TRUTH???

If that is truth ... and there is a hereafter ... I suggest that (if like begets like) the milieu will be based on the same vanity as the vanity that now thrives on earth.
marge

Ames, IA

#487276 Nov 2, 2013

Prince George, Canada

#487277 Nov 2, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic theologians wrote that data for their "staged" plays.

Prince George, Canada

#487278 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you for manipulating sacred scripture.
All scriptures in all religions were first manipulated by the theologians that wrote the words.

You believe that your bible is sacred because you have been taught that that is true.

The Muslim believes that the Qur'an is sacred because the Muslim has been taught that that is true.

Having concepts of truth does not necessary mean that truth is in one's midst.

We have all been programmed ... comparable to computers.
marge

Ames, IA

#487279 Nov 2, 2013
For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

Prince George, Canada

#487280 Nov 2, 2013
On the cover of the bible it states ... THE HOLY BIBLE.

Yet it states in the scripture that GOD created good AND EVIL.

To be fair ... the cover should read "THE HOLY AND EVIL BIBLE.

You know it ... and I know it!!!

But those cagey men wanted YOU to believe that if you studied the book, you will BE HOLY!

That was their aim ... and they succeeded ... because YOU WANTED to believe that you are HOLY and others are EVIL.

Shame on you for allowing your thoughts to be SO manipulated because of your own GREED!!!

Prince George, Canada

#487281 Nov 2, 2013
marge wrote:
For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
It takes a GREEDY person to preach heaven for "SELF" and hell for others.

A VERY GREEDY person!!!
marge

Ames, IA

#487282 Nov 2, 2013
"The time promised by God has come at last!" he announced. "The Kingdom of God is near! Repent of your sins and believe the Good News!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Buck Crick 854,947
9/11&bin 27 min REV CAROL 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 36 min I Am No One_ 444,346
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr raj 277
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Justise League 100,751
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Mr Wiggley 1,013
harun mat saat (Mar '11) 2 hr Allah Maha Agong 126
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr truth 612,621
More from around the web