Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,506)

Showing posts 470,101 - 470,120 of511,555
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't alwasy believe everything you read.
You go first!

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

[QUOTE who="New Age Spiritual Leader
Why do you believe men?[/QUOTE]

How funny ... considering that male theologians did all the writing.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

jajastralian baba mande jajara

please explain how i become your mother from all

aj mare
dr ormonde see what he done to him

see that small bag
or monde
o mande jajara

Did you see ever burilo for water
as you see old soldier on back similar geometric
things but have meaning as your zero in security
each soldiers have on back as box or
inter moon or nasa astrology as breathing box on back..as inter-global or galactic spy station..

see i drove 5 mirrors
in middle i drove
from 2 and 3 in line i drove as A as j and another secrets too
its heavenly positions of stars..

n

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree .
Greater love than this, has,NO MAN
When you wish upon a star
MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHO YOU ARE
Muslim, Jew and Hindu too
It all seems so real to you.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Prison wasn't exactly the correct term. Jail then workhouse twice. Not the big house, the little house. Yeah, I wish i would have embraced the Catholic faith much sooner..
Are you saying Christianity caused you to go to jail?

That doesn't surprise me, as I have seen that happen to alot of people.

You aren't that special in Catholicism, anymore than Protestantism or being a non-believer.

You chose to do what you did - which is Self.

You also chose on how to correct your bad behavior - which is also Self.

You then chose to join the Catholics - which is also Self.

Did "God" do anything?

Oh wait, this is where you will tell me some sort of sad tale, that "you" were involved with, that caused "you" to do something to have "you" invovled - all because of "God".

Or will "you" give me a direct occcurance of "God" visiting "you" specifically, and then directing "you" by "His" divine hand, and "His" hand alone, to do what "you" did to join Catholicism?

Yeah - just like I've stated - Self is the active participant in your actions.

No religion or "God" involved.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

please understood
if they have previous code
or seal to open this world and entire civilization not will be today exist
as well not future exist

you need understood to understand..

i can be very angry and loving person too

angry if you don't liked understood

i am not care what you or others think
your law is not my law

my minds is not yours
you try hurt me
i say to you
i am honest you are not

n

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You go first!
I have. Your turn.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

in this life i born like here

others try used past present and future

remember its not have meaning who is your teacher
it is written
how many masters you have this or that
see its mean deference approach..
this world can be so simple
so loving as well future too
but others liked be as they liked

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How funny ... considering that male theologians did all the writing.
It's funny to believe men?

How so?

I think it can lead to a a false belief, but I also can understand that one's beleif can change as new developments are discovered that refutes the original belief - through facts, instead of just conjecture.

You shoul dbe familiar with this, now that you are four years separated from a false doctrine.
Liam

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is! You have created an image of a Jesus in your imagination that YOU believe is real, and your desire is to believe that the image loves you in return.
It's no different than a Muslim believing that the 12th Imam is real and loves him/her.
No difference whatsoever.
On paper there is no differences. On paper the fact that you and I exist at all is ridiculous.
And if we humans were going to create a god, He sure as heck would look nothing like Jesus. He'd probably resemble the Muslim idea of God. Our savior was a vulnerable homeless man who couldn't even save himself let alone us. That's why the first century Jews rejected Him. He wasn't the mighty warrior that would bring them to victory - or so they thought.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

And we now think it probable that that portion of the Jewish nation which became known as Essenes sprang up in the Budhist school of Pythagoras, in Alexandrea, in the second or third century before Christ, and thus became Essenian Budhists; i. e., a sect of Jewish Budhists who called themselves Essenes.
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.
All History ignores Him.
The fact that Christ finds no place in the history of the era in which he lived,—that not one event of his life is recorded by anybody but his own interested and prejudiced biographers,—settles the conclusion, beyond cavil or criticism, that the godlike achievements ascribed to him are naught but fable or fiction.
Have you forgotten about the dead seas scrolls?
still can't figure out why you are so bitter and mean spirited. Hope you change for the better. Can you get out of house and make a new friend? It might make you feel better about yourself.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yep - you are right - just your Self doing the work.
We as Catholics will leave the "self" to you bible only "fundies"! SELF-interpretation of the bible, SELF-personalized "fictitious opinions" on Apostolic Church History, SELF-indulged "personal attacks" on the faith and Salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics), SELF-enlightened "so called bible preachers" and SELF-man made Protestant religions, denominations and doctrines that total more than 42,100 inconsistent and contradicting SELF-"editorialized (hodge-podge) of bible "I did it my way" (RELATIVE TRUTH'S)... God (never has, nor ever will be) the author of your bible only SELF "confusion and chaos"!!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

<quoted text>
It's funny to believe men?
How so?
All beliefs written by men could be false.

We all pick and choose from history what suits our emotions ... and if we are not careful ... we can stuck in a certain idea that somebody or other actually told absolute truth.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you forgotten about the dead seas scrolls?
No ... I haven't. Theories and more theories.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholics will leave the "self" to you bible only "fundies"! SELF-interpretation of the bible, SELF-personalized "fictitious opinions" on Apostolic Church History, SELF-indulged "personal attacks" on the faith and Salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics), SELF-enlightened "so called bible preachers" and SELF-man made Protestant religions, denominations and doctrines that total more than 42,100 inconsistent and contradicting SELF-"editorialized (hodge-podge) of bible "I did it my way" (RELATIVE TRUTH'S)... God (never has, nor ever will be) the author of your bible only SELF "confusion and chaos"!!
I will ignore you now hojo, as I have made my opinions to you plain and you have made your opinions to me plain.

There is no point in us rehashing the same old nonsense post after post after post.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
On paper there is no differences. On paper the fact that you and I exist at all is ridiculous.
It is your choice if you want to be arrogant in the belief that your religion is special ... period ... rather than just special to YOU and those who believe as you believe.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

<quoted text>
No religion or "God" involved.
If you believe in spirit ... what do you believe first "created" spirit?

According to you, does "spirit" live on after death of the body, and if so ... what happens to it?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Those who write essays have their own opinions, as do we all. It's anybody's guess where the truth "lies."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Everybody loves a good mystery. That's just what the Dead Sea Scrolls are to many people: A good mystery.

These are the questions I intend to consider in this essay. In so doing, I hope to do two things. First, I hope to illustrate the flimsy basis of a number of sensational conspiracy theories about the scrolls.

http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/openhse/deadse...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Mark Hofmann

The 81 ornately inscribed signatures he forged ranged from Abraham Lincoln to Billy the Kid, Emily Dickinson to George Washington.

But for Mark Hofmann, the real money was in Joseph Smith, Martin Harris and other figures from the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

In seven years, Hofmann went from a struggling Utah State University pre-med student in 1978 to a 30-year-old document dealer making millions of dollars traveling all over the country, meeting with renowned historians, even the leadership of the LDS Church -- and selling them fakes.

http://www.mormoncurtain.com/topic_markhofman...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 470,101 - 470,120 of511,555
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

645 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 min Naveen kumar 363
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Divinity Surgeon 216,197
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Aerobatty 679,139
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Porkpie Hat 250,248
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 30 min PetesaKe 109,339
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 32 min Dale_Harris 52,442
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 57 min USA-1 37,808
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 58 min devbrain 214
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 596,440
teen snapchat nudes 10 hr Oscar 102
•••
•••
•••