Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690591 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#487408 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Men stray, but NOT the Church, because Jesus Christ and the Church are one! It is HIS CHURCH! Not ours! Matthew 16 confirms this when Our Lord said "upon this rock I will built MY CHURCH!!!HE is the vine and we are the branches!...... Until you (fully) believe, understand and accept this historical and biblical TRUTH, RoSesz, your spiritual life will continue to "spin round in the same (opinionated) circles" with the rest of the 42,100+ bible only "fundies" that rely upon "relative (editorialized) truth" of confusion and chaos!!!
You are a liar....your pope approved Bible says in Mt 16:18 "church" means any congregation that follows the teachings of Christ...

The National Council of Churches say you are lying....they say the Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA...Christ built no denomination..

The Bible says you are lying...Christ referred not to any Catholic churches in Rev...because there were none...
Human Being

Basile, LA

#487409 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest he did what was expected of him by the pope of the day. He was told to write that only those of the Catholic faith would be saved ... and in order to save his own life ... he obeyed the pope.
June

Suggest all you want.

Intolerance breeds contempt.

Why are you so intolerant?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#487410 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
The Catholic Church The True Church Founded By Jesus Christ?
I'll believe your tall tale, if you'll believe that the Protestant church is the True church founded by a pope.

:)

Location hidden

#487411 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be calling Jesus a liar then. He said the gates of hell wouldn't prevail against His Church, yet you suggest they 'strayed' from the truth on their own? Or perhaps a Pope corrupted it??
If one lie gets in, hell prevailed. One lie would cause the whole Church to crumble on the weight of that one lie.
(and no rose, I'm not talking about the individual lies of a Pope or Priest.)
We are assured by Christ through the Papacy that the conveying of truth would always be protected from error- even if a scoundrel of a man is holding the keys, they literally could not lead the Church astray.
Horse puckett!!!!

Your denomination is run by men...quote: For all have sinned and cone short of the glory of God..

Christ established Christianity....Christianity does not sin...men do..
Human Being

Basile, LA

#487412 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH ... but you forgot to mention the other part of your story!!!
When did you stop believing that others will spend eternity in HELL???
The Catholic religion depends on hell in its dogmas, as do YOU ... you pompous-assed FIBBER!!!
I don't use religion to judge others ... and that shows that people don't need your religion in order to learn how to be judgmental.
June

You are religiously and rigidly devoted to your opinions.

They are irrelevant in a civil conversation or debate.

I remember you writing you came on to debate....

Why can't you debate an issue?

Your mind is to cluttered with irrelevant opinions. And everyone knows it except you....
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487413 Nov 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
"Protestant-land" YOU HAVE EVIDENTLY, COINED A NEW NAME FOR HEAVEN
I HAVE CONCLUDED THAT YOU ARE SO BLINDED BY THE PRIDE, ARROGANCE AND
LIES, OF YOUR ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION...
THAT YOU WOULD RATHER
BURN IN HELL ETERNALLY....
THAN EVEN CONSIDER THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD FROM THE BIBLE...
ENJOY YOURSELF...YOU ASK FOR IT ...HAVE AT IT...
Well, save me from hell then. I shall forewarn you though, if I catch you lying about the faith I now believe in, I'll kindly ask you to begone.

Location hidden

#487414 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
(repeat)
The Glory of God and the TRUTH of the WORD OF GOD is, has and will always be (fully)proclaimed in Jesus Christ and in the Church that HE established, formed and initiated over 2000 years ago!!
Men stray, but NOT the Church, because Jesus Christ and the Church are one! It is HIS CHURCH! Not ours! Matthew 16 confirms this when Our Lord said "upon this rock I will built MY CHURCH!!!HE is the vine and we are the branches!...... Until you (fully) believe, understand and accept this historical and biblical TRUTH, your spiritual life will continue to "spin round in the same (opinionated) circles" with the rest of the 42,100+ bible only "fundies" that rely upon "relative (editorialized) truth" of just more confusion and and more chaos that has existed since the Reformation
You are a liar....your pope approved Bible says in Mt 16:18 "church" means any congregation that follows the teachings of Christ...

The National Council of Churches say you are lying....they say the Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA...Christ built no denomination..

The Bible says you are lying...Christ referred not to any Catholic churches in Rev...because there were none...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487415 Nov 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Suggest all you want.
Intolerance breeds contempt.
When do you plan to once again join Protestantism or Atheism, where you can once again be intolerant of the Catholic religion???

You PHONY!!!

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487416 Nov 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you....
I just did! I suggested you are intolerant.

And furthermore the imaginary god of your worship is just like you. His image denies those who are not Catholic entry into "heaven."

You and your image of a god make an intolerant pair.

Liam

Detroit, MI

#487417 Nov 2, 2013
StarC wrote:
From Sinners to Saints: No One is Too Far Gone for God
The Embezzler Who Became a Saint
Visitors to Rome will know St. Callixtus (died 222) as San Callisto, the patron of one of the Eternal City’s most famous catacombs. But it’s not likely that tour guides will say anything about his unsavory past.
Callixtus was a Christian slave whose master decided to open a kind of bank where his fellow Christians could keep their money. The master put Callixtus in charge of the bank. He couldn’t have made a worse choice. Callixtus was so careless in his investment decisions that he lost virtually all the depositors’ money. The rest of the money found its way into Callixtus’ pocket.
Afraid of what his irate master might do to him, Callixtus ran away, but was caught, brought back to Rome and imprisoned. Following an incompetent attempt to recover some of the money he had lost, Callixtus caused a public riot, which got him sentenced to slave labor in the mines of Sardinia. There he would have stayed until he died if the Roman emperor had not, unexpectedly, issued a general amnesty for all Christian prisoners.
When Callixtus turned up in Rome again, Pope St. Victor I took responsibility for him. In the spirit of charity tempered by prudence, the Pope found Callixtus a little house far outside the city walls and gave him a stipend. Victor also took to visiting Callixtus. In a short time, the embezzler and brawler showed signs of genuine repentance—so much so that he was ordained a deacon, then a priest, and was given management of the Christian catacomb we know today as San Callisto. In 217 the clergy of Rome elected Callixtus pope. Five years later, he died a martyr.
Callixtus’ martyrdom and veneration as a saint is something no one who knew the old Callixtus would have predicted. And Callixtus had Pope Victor to thank. Good shepherd that he was, Victor sought out the lost sheep. And Callixtus, moved by Victor’s kindness and patience, and touched by God’s grace, responded and turned his back on his old, sinful life.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christophers/201...
That's not possible. The Catholic Church didn't start until 313 AD. ;-)

Location hidden

#487418 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how Jesus set up his Church and we can prove it with historic fact as well as reason and logic.
Whatever sect you're in right now, requires you to submit to ignorance to accept their definition of Christianity and Church. The Catholic Church does not. Truth is not invisible. Every bit of the faith is fairly and properly defined, Rose. This should be a huge difference to you.
I don't think any of you realize just how easy it is to convert a serious Christian to the Catholic faith. Truth is truth. Was they realize how Protestants undid the teachings of Jesus Christ, the decision is easy.

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487419 Nov 2, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I had a devil of a time getting your jar of home made erotic rubbing oil past customs!
I preached and preached the sermon at you, "Thou shalt not STEAL" ... but you paid no heed.

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487420 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not possible. The Catholic Church didn't start until 313 AD. ;-)
Ignatius?(60-115?)

Ignatius was the first to name "Mary" and use the term "Catholic". He attacked both the Judaisers and the Docetists.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/orthodoxy.ht ...
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487421 Nov 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse puckett!!!!
Your denomination is run by men...quote: For all have sinned and cone short of the glory of God..
Christ established Christianity....Christianity does not sin...men do..
not to get into a serious debate with a deceptive snake, but fyi.. the Church Jesus started has no other option then to be run by sinners. Who else is available?

Since salvation is really important, somehow truth needs to be articulated without error. The Papacy at least guarantees that whatever Christianity the second generation of Christians believed, we still will believe today. We can prove that with historic fact.

so either the Catholic Church is right, or Christianity immediately got messed up by the students of the Apostles.
corrupted souls like yourself, will embrace forced ignorance. there ain't much we can do for people who are determined to embrace deception. you're going to believe what you want no matter what evidence is presented.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487422 Nov 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholics compiled all the data in the new testament ... and just as do you, the modern Catholics interpret the words to suit their own agendas.

Location hidden

#487423 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
How come first century infant tombs are engraved with words that say when the child died AND when they were baptized??
These people had first hand knowledge of the Gospel and they Baptized their children. That is a problem for you because you undid this teaching from the Lord. His will is that you guys bring forth your children to get Baptized and you refuse it. You also work to prevent others from Baptizing infants.
One lie of called sola scripture, caused all of Protestantland to explode.
Prove that what you are saying was the works of Christians....

Many people would be surprised to learn that infant baptism practised by the denominations, has its roots firmly set in paganism. Centuries prior to Christianity, heathens worldwide had their children purified by water (baptised), to remove the inherited stain of sin. The belief in Original Sin is heathen, and infant baptism a heathen rite that the early Roman Catholic Church adopted. Further, most of the traditions and rites within the Roman Catholic Church are heathen, and these rites continue in the daughters of the Roman Catholic Church, the denominations, including the baptism of infants. Even when the denominations baptise adults, the doctrine of Original Sin remains, such as with the Calvinists who have taken this even further. With Calvinism the error deepens where they deny the cleansing power of scriptural baptism, making it an outward sign or symbol of one's inner faith.

The system of infant baptism, came from pagan Rome, from the earliest time it was an initiation ceremony into the Sun God. This ceremony has remained, the Sun now being the Son.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487424 Nov 2, 2013
Protestant theologians teach the Protestant followers what they want them to believe ... and Catholic theologians teach the Catholic followers what they want them to believe ... and the two factions continue to fight.

Religion is NUTS!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487425 Nov 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that what you are saying was the works of Christians....
Many people would be surprised to learn that infant baptism practised by the denominations, has its roots firmly set in paganism. Centuries prior to Christianity, heathens worldwide had their children purified by water (baptised), to remove the inherited stain of sin. The belief in Original Sin is heathen, and infant baptism a heathen rite that the early Roman Catholic Church adopted. Further, most of the traditions and rites within the Roman Catholic Church are heathen, and these rites continue in the daughters of the Roman Catholic Church, the denominations, including the baptism of infants. Even when the denominations baptise adults, the doctrine of Original Sin remains, such as with the Calvinists who have taken this even further. With Calvinism the error deepens where they deny the cleansing power of scriptural baptism, making it an outward sign or symbol of one's inner faith.
The system of infant baptism, came from pagan Rome, from the earliest time it was an initiation ceremony into the Sun God. This ceremony has remained, the Sun now being the Son.
You are correct in that baptism came from Paganism ... but the Catholics changed the format to suit their own beliefs, as they did with every other ritual that they took from other religions.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487426 Nov 2, 2013
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Baptism

Baptism rituals were originally centered on motherhood and the maternal prerogative of name-giving. Mothers pronounced their infants’ names while squirting them with milk from their breasts.

When the church adopted infant baptism, the ritual was promptly taken out of the hands of mothers and placed in the hands of priests, who claimed that all children were demonic “children of darkness” as a result of passing through the female body and inheriting original sin; and this demonism could only be exorcised by the church’s baptism. 3 Far from being blessed by motherhood, pregnant women were told that they carried in their bodies “the enemy of God, the object of his hatred and malediction, and the shrine of the demon.” It was universally taught by churchmen that children who died unbaptized would suffer forever in hell.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487427 Nov 2, 2013
A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

The dreadful Augustinian theory of the damnation of unbaptized dead infants shows that the greatest doctors in the Church are not without redoubtable ambivalence….

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Tellthetruth 989,858
Spread This Around & Stop The Lies! 33 min Truth 1
News Arresting the homeless isn't the answer (Jul '12) 1 hr Christie Taylor 3
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr iamcuriousnow 42,498
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr European Slave 156
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 5 hr Paul McCartney is... 639
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Remnant 144000 619,851
More from around the web