Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 640989 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#487355 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is neither a secular power nor is it rich!
The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

How rich is the Vatican?

As one cardinal’s aide quipped not long ago,“The Vatican should truly be judged by the companies it keeps.”

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487356 Nov 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Great post! rose misunderstands what Pope Francis says along with Blessed Pope John Paul II. Yes she goes with the secular media says. I don't know where she gets the idea poor people hate popes. She has no clue what Blessed Pope John Paul went through before he was Pope.
Huh
Poor people hate POPES ??

I think I said,Pope Francis visited poor people using busses ..You know instead of his,car or limo.

Quesnel, Canada

#487357 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is, even if you go by the Bible alone you still have to interpret it. Agree?
Of COURSE! That's why there are split groups of Catholics and split groups of Protestants.

People take to the words what they WANT the words to mean TO their selves.

38,000 denominations later and Christianity is in the mess it is in today.

And they all claim to KNOW the one and only TRUTH.

Liars ... one and all!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#487358 Nov 2, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
One day the Pharisees asked Jesus, "When will the Kingdom of God come?" Jesus replied, "The Kingdom of God can't be detected by visible signs.
You won't be able to say,'Here it is!' or 'It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is already among you."
And Jesus said in John 6:47-59 "Unless you eat my body (which is REAL FOOD) and drink my blood (which is REAL DRINK), you CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE"!!!! I/we as Catholics ALL KNOW, follow and adhere to your Protestant "bible waiving" verses that you "fundies" keep "pyramiding and quoting". TRUE CHRISTIANITY is based upon TRUE CHURCH HISTORY historical facts and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible along with the TRUE TEACHINGS OF Jesus Christ in and through HIS One True Universal Catholic Church..It has absolutely (nothing to do) with. your bible only (burger flip) a (cafeteria style-pick and choose selection) of the verses that fit the Protestant (anti-catholic agenda. Discarding, omitting and rejecting the "rest of the TRUTH bible" is necessary for you "fundies" because it would "totally undermine" your bible only (man-made) beliefs, which 9on their own) have absolutely no biblical or historical truth to back it up--- ANYWAY!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#487359 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post.
Clear example of the blind leading those whom cannot see!!!

He/you are liars....His/your pope approved NABre proves it...

Scripture proves it.....none of the churches in Rev Christ referred to were Catholic....because they did not exist..

The National Council of Churches proves he/you are liars...they confirm the truth...his/your catlick "church" is a denomination...nothing else..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487360 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is, even if you go by the Bible alone you still have to interpret it. Agree?
So whom among the 42,000 is Christ blessing with the proper communication?
I hate this because time after time you guys come up with a verse you feel vindicates your private interpretation approach, then you run away.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

All versions,

Pretty clear,..
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#487361 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.
How rich is the Vatican?
As one cardinal’s aide quipped not long ago,“The Vatican should truly be judged by the companies it keeps.”
What a party last night June! Thanks for inviting me.
I just got off the flight and went straight to my computer to thank you!
I never was that much on 'swinging' as they call it,but Judy really seems like a differnt woman! Got to get some sleep now see you later you ol'cooger.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#487362 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH ... stop fibbing! You know that you believe the majority of the world's population will spend eternity in hell.
If you do your math, you will know that most humans are not Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
June

Although some doubt is cast on Athanasius for writing this creed, I think it is more one of trying to define God, so as to differ this creed from various beliefs going on at the time of the writing.

Whatever the case, it provides points for discourse and understanding for those interested. It was once considered very common, but as I recall it is only in the last century it has been narrowed,(one might say marginalized) due to misunderstanding.

Recently, I have had to rethink my definition on the word "belief", due to its changing nature from the 1500's until and especially in the 20th century....

Choose your poison.... I am not a person that excludes people from heaven, or their concepts of heaven, to the abyss. So you might as well quit telling me that I do such a thing....
Human Being

Basile, LA

#487363 Nov 2, 2013
June

P.S. There are people that do try and judge others, in the world.

Quesnel, Canada

#487364 Nov 2, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>What a party last night June! Thanks for inviting me.
I just got off the flight and went straight to my computer to thank you!
I never was that much on 'swinging' as they call it,but Judy really seems like a differnt woman! Got to get some sleep now see you later you ol'cooger.
Hahahahaha You've been hitting the spirit-liquor-vender sauce again HUH Jumper!!! I heard via the grapevine that you were "swinging" from the chandeliers.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#487365 Nov 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
June
P.S. There are people that do try and judge others, in the world.
I suggest humans don't simply TRY to judge other, but rather that we DO judge others.

I wouldn't live in a world where I was expected to not judge, as that would be no fun at all!

I suggest it gives me the same sense of pleasure to believe that you are a pompous ass ... as it gives you to believe that others will spend eternity in hell.

And you KNOW how much pleasure you derive from the one-up-man-shit of your Catholic belief that you will saved ... while others have a sense of eternal abandonment.

Quesnel, Canada

#487366 Nov 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Although some doubt is cast on Athanasius for writing this creed, I think it is more one of trying to define God...
I suggest he did what was expected of him by the pope of the day. He was told to write that only those of the Catholic faith would be saved ... and in order to save his own life ... he obeyed the pope.

Quesnel, Canada

#487367 Nov 2, 2013
Thomas Aquinas was ordered to recant some of HIS beliefs ... and that is exactly what occurred.

Thereafter he went on to become one of the most famous Catholic theologians ... by agreement of the popes who in turn gave the orders of what would be written as dogmas.

Quesnel, Canada

#487368 Nov 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Choose your poison.... I am not a person that excludes people from heaven, or their concepts of heaven, to the abyss. So you might as well quit telling me that I do such a thing....
OH ... but you forgot to mention the other part of your story!!!

When did you stop believing that others will spend eternity in HELL???

The Catholic religion depends on hell in its dogmas, as do YOU ... you pompous-assed FIBBER!!!

I don't use religion to judge others ... and that shows that people don't need your religion in order to learn how to be judgmental.

Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487369 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It Is,rich. Please,at least be honest ..a,BANK ..real estate,...treasures..by any ruler the,RCC has,material
Wealth
And yet Churches,are sold out from under parishioners
Poor,ones,who don't even speak the languages of the,other Churches remotely near them...getting money for diocese ...FOR WHAT ..??
Endorsing the Vatican help pay those costs,..
I've,never said the Catholic Charites do not do much good in the world
They do ..But Rome,sits,on great resources
It WAS A,SECULAR POWER ...among Kings, it anointed..it waged wars..Secular ..until that power was lost
Men had the power . Who ran the CHURCH
One thing you don't understand again is God doesn't care about material things at all and what we do for the poor is more valuable. We feed the poor more so than any other Church by the way. You really hate the Church, this is why you are here. You are very angry at her for some reason. You need to rediscover the Church.

Quesnel, Canada

#487370 Nov 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Clear example of the blind leading those whom cannot see!!!
I was blind ... but NOW I SEE..........

I'll leave the yodeling part to you.

I'll bet you didn't know that there was yodeling in that catchy song "Amazing Grace."

I didn't either ... until now.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#487371 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that Islam's hell is real, and that you will spend eternity in it for not being Muslim???
If you don't believe it ... WHY don't you believe it?
After all ... the Muslims believe it ... and they were in the religious scene long before you were a twinkle in your earthly father's eye.
~~~

YOU ANSWER ME THEN i WILL ATTEMPT TO ANSWER YOU...OTHERWISE I WILL NOT ANSWER. YOU..

Do you believe that hell SPOKEN OF IN THE BIBLE is real, and that you will If you don't believe it ... WHY don't you believe it?

After all ... the CHRISTIANS believe it ... and they were in the religious scene long before you were a twinkle in your earthly father's eye. spend eternity in it for not being Muslim???

Quesnel, Canada

#487372 Nov 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> One thing you don't understand again is God doesn't care about material things at all
REALLY???

Do you mean to say that he doesn't even care about your body???

Does that mean I can kill it, and god won't be mad at me?

Quesnel, Canada

#487373 Nov 2, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>What a party last night June! Thanks for inviting me.
Next time you come to one of my parties ... I expect you to take the rest of your booze with you.

My head feels like an over-ripe watermelon about to burst without even being dropped.

Quesnel, Canada

#487374 Nov 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU ANSWER ME THEN i WILL ATTEMPT TO ANSWER YOU...OTHERWISE I WILL NOT ANSWER. YOU..
Do you believe that hell SPOKEN OF IN THE BIBLE is real???
Please ... speak in whispers! Have respect.

The answer is "no."

Do you believe the hell mentioned in the Qur'an is real and the Shay&#7789;&#257;n is waiting to burn your eternal "soul?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Insults Are Easier 37,130
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 12 min Steve III 44,260
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min Steve III 618,277
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr jasiEL 104,546
Play "end of the word" part 2 1 hr jasiEL 1,695
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 280,845
Leslie Van Houten's parole hearing August 2009 (Jul '09) 2 hr Jimmy 1,578
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr nanoanomaly 969,780
More from around the web