Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646349 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#487337 Nov 2, 2013
I wonder ... if a Jehovah's Witness went in to a Hutterite colony to try to correct the "spiritual blindness" of the Hutterites ... if the Hutterites would be "all EARS???

I just had a Jehovah's Witness at my door. I was polite to him, as I comprehend that he believes he saw the LIGHT, while I am still spiritually blind.

Such was, no-doubt, his PITY for me.

Quesnel, Canada

#487338 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you also believe that I am spiritually blind ... while YOU in CLARITY SEE???

Why are you ignoring my questions?

Quesnel, Canada

#487339 Nov 2, 2013
I might be perceived as a "pitiful" character by those who in religion who believe they have been "enlightened" ... but I'm at peace in the attitude that I don't believe others will go to hell ... or worse yet ... to heaven.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487340 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you also believe that I am spiritually blind ... while YOU in CLARITY SEE???
Why are you ignoring my questions?
I don't like circles???

June ..You know exactly how,I feel about your comments .

You are sadly mistaken in my opinion...in not even opening your heart ..not your head ..to your Creator ..

You know,all there is,to say on the subject .

I pray you find a,place for Jesus,in your spiritual life .

God bless you

Quesnel, Canada

#487341 Nov 2, 2013
There is not one shred of proof that a spirit exists that is in, or attached TO a human. And yet, because I don't believe in any spiritual aspect, those in religion refer to me as pathetic and absolutely wrong.

The burden of proof is on YOU ... not me. And words written by male theologians with agendas, are not proof of anything but the fact that they did have agendas of teaching dogmatic nonsense of eternal bliss for them and hell for others.

Quesnel, Canada

#487342 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like circles???
Certainly you DO! You go around in circles day after day, saying to your self "I AM SAVED!"

That is a silly circle ... but a circle non-the-less.

Quesnel, Canada

#487343 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray you find a,place for Jesus,in your spiritual life .
I dare you to say that to a Muslim in Iran!!!

Your head would be rolling down the street ... arrogance intact!

They have their own PREFERRED arrogance over there.

Quesnel, Canada

#487344 Nov 2, 2013
I don't wish Islam's hell on Christians, and neither do I wish Christian hell on Muslims.

And I don't wish Protestant hell on Catholics. Nor do I wish Catholic hell on Protestants.

Aren't I NICE for being so considerate?

tongue in cheek
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#487345 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well YEAH ... you and your belief in hell for others would know all ABOUT good religious behavior ... pompous ass!!!
June

Well, its about time you agreed with me on something.(smiles)

Now lets consider the size of heaven and hell....IMHO, heaven is like the Pacific Ocean, compared to the puddle in my yard. Hmmm, so which would you like to swim in?

In general terms, your presumption as to my beliefs are about the size of a puddle.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#487346 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The direction of the CHURCH MEN IN CHARGE ..HOJO you know exactly what
I meant ..I honestly don't THINK the Church was,meant to be either Secular power or Rich ...
And I think your Pope Francis ...And John Paul saw,that the POPES ..men..took it in the wrong direction ..
It's,hard to have a,conversation of something so serious if you try NOT TO UNDERSTAND..
THE CHURCH IS THE BODY OF BELIEVERS .. the bride is our Souls ..
But I was speaking OF WHAT YOU SAY IS THE VISIBLE CHURCH ...
You are mis-informed! The Catholic Church is neither a secular power nor is it rich! These ideas are nothing but just more in a long distorted line of Protestant "propaganda"!
What I do understand is that the Catholic Church (Jesus Christ One True Church) was established by Jesus HIMSELF "to save sinners", of which we all are (including every one of the Popes) from over 2000 years ago....... Just because it's members stray (and sin) doesn't mean that the Catholic Church was not founded by Jesus to teach HIS infallible TRUTH....... The Church is more than just a "body of believers"!....... As Paul says, The CHURCH is the "pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH"!----- ONE TRUTH---NOT over 42,100 contradicting and conflicting personal opinionated (relative truths) from each one of its believers decides to be the truth!!! The One Universal (Catholic) Church, has, is and will ALWAYS be heirarchical, authoritative and visible, because Jesus divinely initiated and instructed it to be that way in Acts 2, which Bishops, priests, elder and deacons, NOT an invisble body of believers loosely connected by faith in the bible alone.......... The fact that the CHURCH "came first" and then the bible, over 350 years later, should be enough of a "wake-up call" for you RoSesz, to realize that bible only "fundamentalists" just (row around in circles) with one oar and continuing to "fish and catch NOTHING" just like Peter did before his TRUE CONVERSION to Jesus Christ!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#487347 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But you would like to ... if only you COULD! And that is a FACT!
No June! That is YOUR goal, in pushing your atheistic and agnostic "opinions" on everyone and anyone esle!---And that is a FACT! Like I told you before, I am here to proclaim and DEFEND the faith and the TRUTH of Jesus Christ One True Apostolic Catholic Church from those (like yourself) who are on this forum for one purpose ONLY! And that is to hostily attack, vindictively condemn, beligerently rip and purposely undermine the faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ of other Christians,(especially Catholics)! Makes no difference to me what you or ANYONE else believes...... Why do you just quit these "never ending" attacks of yours on the Catholic Church and the faith of the billions of Catholic believers who put their faith, hope and trust in Jesus Chris, in and through HIS One True CAtholic Church and just go and live your hostility, anger and hatred in your atheistic box of "isolationism"

Quesnel, Canada

#487348 Nov 2, 2013
If theologians had not put the fear into their theologies ... I suggest there would still be religion.

Wiccans don't have fear of the goddess ... at least anymore, since she was informed that she couldn't in her future curse homosexuals ... and their religion is growing in leaps and bounds.

:)

And observe the latest fashion in Christianity. Isn't it a WONDER to behold??? No more sin. You can't beat that for CHARM.

:)

Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487349 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mis-informed! The Catholic Church is neither a secular power nor is it rich! These ideas are nothing but just more in a long distorted line of Protestant "propaganda"!
What I do understand is that the Catholic Church (Jesus Christ One True Church) was established by Jesus HIMSELF "to save sinners", of which we all are (including every one of the Popes) from over 2000 years ago....... Just because it's members stray (and sin) doesn't mean that the Catholic Church was not founded by Jesus to teach HIS infallible TRUTH....... The Church is more than just a "body of believers"!....... As Paul says, The CHURCH is the "pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH"!----- ONE TRUTH---NOT over 42,100 contradicting and conflicting personal opinionated (relative truths) from each one of its believers decides to be the truth!!! The One Universal (Catholic) Church, has, is and will ALWAYS be heirarchical, authoritative and visible, because Jesus divinely initiated and instructed it to be that way in Acts 2, which Bishops, priests, elder and deacons, NOT an invisble body of believers loosely connected by faith in the bible alone.......... The fact that the CHURCH "came first" and then the bible, over 350 years later, should be enough of a "wake-up call" for you RoSesz, to realize that bible only "fundamentalists" just (row around in circles) with one oar and continuing to "fish and catch NOTHING" just like Peter did before his TRUE CONVERSION to Jesus Christ!!
Great post! rose misunderstands what Pope Francis says along with Blessed Pope John Paul II. Yes she goes with the secular media says. I don't know where she gets the idea poor people hate popes. She has no clue what Blessed Pope John Paul went through before he was Pope.

Quesnel, Canada

#487350 Nov 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Well, its about time you agreed with me on something.(smiles)
Now lets consider the size of heaven and hell....IMHO, heaven is like the Pacific Ocean, compared to the puddle in my yard. Hmmm, so which would you like to swim in?
In general terms, your presumption as to my beliefs are about the size of a puddle.
OH ... stop fibbing! You know that you believe the majority of the world's population will spend eternity in hell.

If you do your math, you will know that most humans are not Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Quesnel, Canada

#487351 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No June! That is YOUR goal, in pushing your atheistic and agnostic "opinions" on everyone and anyone esle!---
You stated earlier that no one could BE forced to believe anything.

Sneaky little Catholic ... aren't you???

You would LOVE it, if I was a Catholic ... and you KNOW that is true.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487352 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam
It's,not that is a BOOK.
ITS,what the book we,now call THE bible ..says what WAS SAID ...
What was written is,WHAT JESUS SAID ..I'm sorry but some of you seem to
Reverence and believe what your early father's said about WHAT THEY DID AND SAID ..more than ACTUAL SCRIPTURE ..the Gospels .
You value tradition..And quote early WRITING to prove it .
Yet you say we should not BElieve o only what's in the bible because THEre was,NO BOOK.
HE,logic escapes,me ..
He said what HE SAID ...And we have it in scripture ..
Unless we go back to you don't believe the SCRIPTURE was written .by the apostles and disciples
And sometimes I think you don't ..seriously by your comments on them
But you believe WRITINGS of early bishops ..
The thing is, even if you go by the Bible alone you still have to interpret it. Agree?

So whom among the 42,000 is Christ blessing with the proper communication?
I hate this because time after time you guys come up with a verse you feel vindicates your private interpretation approach, then you run away.

Quesnel, Canada

#487353 Nov 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="Husker DuShe has no clue what Blessed Pope John Paul went through before he was Pope.[/QUOTE]

AWWWW ... tch tch ... the "POOR popes!!!

Were they forced into popery, where people would in turn kiss their rings and other unmentionable parts of their bodies???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487354 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It Is,rich. Please,at least be honest ..a,BANK ..real estate,...treasures..by any ruler the,RCC has,material
Wealth
And yet Churches,are sold out from under parishioners
Poor,ones,who don't even speak the languages of the,other Churches remotely near them...getting money for diocese ...FOR WHAT ..??
Endorsing the Vatican help pay those costs,..

I've,never said the Catholic Charites do not do much good in the world
They do ..But Rome,sits,on great resources

It WAS A,SECULAR POWER ...among Kings, it anointed..it waged wars..Secular ..until that power was lost
Men had the power . Who ran the CHURCH

Quesnel, Canada

#487355 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is neither a secular power nor is it rich!
The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

How rich is the Vatican?

As one cardinal’s aide quipped not long ago,“The Vatican should truly be judged by the companies it keeps.”

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487356 Nov 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Great post! rose misunderstands what Pope Francis says along with Blessed Pope John Paul II. Yes she goes with the secular media says. I don't know where she gets the idea poor people hate popes. She has no clue what Blessed Pope John Paul went through before he was Pope.
Huh
Poor people hate POPES ??

I think I said,Pope Francis visited poor people using busses ..You know instead of his,car or limo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min It aint necessari... 47,941
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 9 min andet1987 2,013
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min The Hangman 971,571
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min X Pendable 182,618
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 59 min WasteWater 105,581
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 44,708
Gay Teens/Adults in Austin, Texas for meetups (Jun '15) 1 hr Joseph 5
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 3 hr Brian_G 12
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Neville Thompson 281,222
More from around the web