Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646663 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#487317 Nov 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Pure logic...
Boudreaux Grilling During Lent
Each Friday night after work, Boudreaux would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a venison steak. But, all of Boudreaux's neighbors were Catholic and since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Friday. The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.
The priest visited Boudreaux and convinced him to become a Catholic. After several classes and much study, Boudreaux attended Mass. The priest sprinkled him with holy water and said, "You were born a non-believer and raised a non-believer, but now you are a Catholic.
Boudreaux’s neighbors were greatly relieved until the next Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison once again filled the neighborhood.
The priest was called immediately by the neighbors, and, as he rushed into Boudreaux's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement. There stood Boudreaux, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat chanting "You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you is a crawfish."
LOL!
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487318 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
My Church is,among HE other souls,born again ..two body of believers in Christ .
I don't BELIEVE IN any of those men
I believe ONLY in Jesus Christ As my Redeemed .
Anytime you folks hear something ..it's,we don't understand what Francis,Sais..or what JOHN PAUL said ..
We,are,not stupid knit .
Is it true Francis, doesn't live in the Papal apartments????
Anyway .....I was,making a,point hat your modern POPES ate closer to the Apostles than some of them.in the past .
That is not ANTI CATHOLUC knit ...or whichever name you may use,..
You worship your Church which has,been run by human men
The fact remains, Confrint, Preston and all other pastors require their listeners to be stupid. Honestly. Forced stupidity is the only thing fueling the born again movement.

Ask Confrint these truthful and accurate questions and you'll get a silent response or a lie in return.

"if the Roman Catholic Church corrupted Christianity, how come Christians before 313 AD believed in the Eucharist, infant Baptism, Sacramental Priesthood and Confession as well as prayer to the deceased?"
They will run away and hope you'll forget about it or shrug their shoulders in your face.

How about this one: "if the Bible is all that's willed by the Lord on His ministry, how come He didn't leave us with a list of Biblical Books? How come it took a series of councils in the 4th century by the Catholic Church to establish a canon"?

The answer you'll get from these phonies is silence. They absolutely rely on deception to believe their brand of Christianity and to keep their careers and reputations.
Wake up and smell the Rose! Lol

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#487319 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how Jesus set up his Church and we can prove it with historic fact as well as reason and logic.
Whatever sect you're in right now, requires you to submit to ignorance to accept their definition of Christianity and Church. The Catholic Church does not. Truth is not invisible. Every bit of the faith is fairly and properly defined, Rose. This should be a huge difference to you.
I don't think any of you realize just how easy it is to convert a serious Christian to the Catholic faith. Truth is truth. Was they realize how Protestants undid the teachings of Jesus Christ, the decision is easy.
For not being Muslim do you believe that you will burn for eternity in Islam's hell???

If not ... why not?

Quesnel, Canada

#487320 Nov 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>If you read anything from Blessed Pope John Paul, you would find that you belong to the Culture of Death.
It's all about picking the dogma of the pope that suits ya. It's the same idea as picking the god that suits ya.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Response to july 29 1999/pope john/ hell is not a place/state of being/cnn channel 30

Tres interesante!
Papal audience of Wednesday, July 28, 1999

The images of hell that Sacred Scripture presents to us must be correctly interpreted. They show the complete frustration and emptiness of life without God. Rather than a place, hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy.

Quesnel, Canada

#487321 Nov 2, 2013
So ... if according to pope John ... hell is not a place ... where is it ... if it is separate from heaven???

Silly dogmas for silly men!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487322 Nov 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Denied everything he tried to do? How childish of you to post that, very ignorant, you have no idea what Blessed Pope John said or did. Vatican II was not a waste of effort, again you need to stop making ignorant remarks. Benedict is a very intelegent man, he has three doctorates, he is gifted in music and writing. Also he believes deeply in what Blessed Pope John Paul II did, so much he put him on the fast track for sainthood. All three Popes have said the same thing, must be too difficult for you to understand.
I said ...if you will read ...

That you people seem NOT to understand what they said ..

Which WOULD SEEM to make it a waste of TIMe.

I don't think.it was ...I thunk.John Paul ..apologies,..changes,..Vatica n 2..Benedict about the JEWS

ALL GOOD

But you all act as,if THERE WAS,NONE OF IT ..That the RCC made no changes or apologies ..it changed towards,the JEWS,.

THEY did ...
And it was not an insult ..

And music????great but nothing to do with what I SAID
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487323 Nov 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE GENTILE CHURCH HAS NO GOVERNMENT OF IT'S OWN...
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH'S CLAIM TO BE THE ROOTS.FOUNDATION OF CHRISTIANITY IS A FRAUD AND UNFOUNDED...
THEY ARE ignorant of this mystery, AND wise in THEIR own conceits;
How come first century infant tombs are engraved with words that say when the child died AND when they were baptized??
These people had first hand knowledge of the Gospel and they Baptized their children. That is a problem for you because you undid this teaching from the Lord. His will is that you guys bring forth your children to get Baptized and you refuse it. You also work to prevent others from Baptizing infants.

One lie of called sola scripture, caused all of Protestantland to explode.

Quesnel, Canada

#487324 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't BELIEVE IN any of those men
I believe ONLY in Jesus Christ As my Redeemed .
It was men that wrote all the fables about Jesus and put words in the supposed mouth of that figmented character.

That means you have put complete faith in the words written by Catholic theologians.

The savior-myth, as has been pointed out to you many times is an old one. The story of Chrishna came long before the Jesus-myth, and it had the same story-line ... only with different names of the supposed characters.

But your mind is slammed and nailed shut to the idea that you are saved ... and that blocks your view to see what is right in front of you.

Quesnel, Canada

#487325 Nov 2, 2013
The ex-Jew Catholic-theologians were cunning ... but here and there ... they slipped up.

Within the theology ... if Jesus was a Rabbi ... what was he doing in Catholic confessionals???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

“Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered,.........

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487326 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact remains, Confrint, Preston and all other pastors require their listeners to be stupid. Honestly. Forced stupidity is the only thing fueling the born again movement.
Ask Confrint these truthful and accurate questions and you'll get a silent response or a lie in return.
"if the Roman Catholic Church corrupted Christianity, how come Christians before 313 AD believed in the Eucharist, infant Baptism, Sacramental Priesthood and Confession as well as prayer to the deceased?"
They will run away and hope you'll forget about it or shrug their shoulders in your face.
How about this one: "if the Bible is all that's willed by the Lord on His ministry, how come He didn't leave us with a list of Biblical Books? How come it took a series of councils in the 4th century by the Catholic Church to establish a canon"?
The answer you'll get from these phonies is silence. They absolutely rely on deception to believe their brand of Christianity and to keep their careers and reputations.
Wake up and smell the Rose! Lol
Liam

It's,not that is a BOOK.

ITS,what the book we,now call THE bible ..says what WAS SAID ...

What was written is,WHAT JESUS SAID ..I'm sorry but some of you seem to
Reverence and believe what your early father's said about WHAT THEY DID AND SAID ..more than ACTUAL SCRIPTURE ..the Gospels .

You value tradition..And quote early WRITING to prove it .

Yet you say we should not BElieve o only what's in the bible because THEre was,NO BOOK.

HE,logic escapes,me ..

He said what HE SAID ...And we have it in scripture ..

Unless we go back to you don't believe the SCRIPTURE was written .by the apostles and disciples

And sometimes I think you don't ..seriously by your comments on them

But you believe WRITINGS of early bishops ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487327 Nov 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you misunderstood what the Pope said. He does not want to change anything. the Popes apts? Blessed Pope John Paul II lived there and was very stark, hardly any furniture, just a tv,computer chair dining room table and bed. This is in different rooms. He lived like he did in Poland. Francis is a meek man and prefers the simple ways of living, like St. Francis. We are all sinners, rose,this is what Francis is trying to relay and the media says different things. They are too materialistic and lack God in their lives to understand what Pope Francis is trying to say. We Catholics get it, you sure don't.
I was complimenting the man ..

Also John Paul ..

Quesnel, Canada

#487328 Nov 2, 2013
To a Muslim the term "spiritual blindness" means having no belief in Islam.

To a Jew the term "spiritual blindness" means having no belief in Judaism.

To a Gnostic "spiritual blindness" means having no faith in Gnosticism.

So ... if it is your desire ... take your pick and become a preacher of whichever cult suits you to a T.

But I suggest you don't be so arrogant as to preach at me that I am spiritually blind and YOU are the one who can SEE!

Quesnel, Canada

#487329 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
ITS,what the book we,now call THE bible ..says what WAS SAID
Theologians wrote what was said.

And their words disagreed WITH what was said.

You are "banking" on lies ... by CHOICE!

Quesnel, Canada

#487330 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Also John Paul ..
Do you believe that you will burn in Islam's hell for not being Muslim???

If not ... WHY not???

You people are not honest even to your selves!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#487331 Nov 2, 2013
I suggest that when you tempt your arrogant self to believe that others are "spiritually blind" ... and that you in CLARITY SEE ... you give your head a shake and see what falls out.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Spiritual blindness

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

Quesnel, Canada

#487332 Nov 2, 2013
When devout believers SEE salvation for SELVES and hell for others ... does what they believe they are SEEING with clarity, stem from blindness or SIGHT???

I suggest that THAT is a question on which to ponder.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#487333 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Also John Paul ..
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI is an extremely humble man, quite possibly even more so than Pope Francis. The Holy Father's choice of residence, car, etc. could just as easily be attributed to obstinacy as to humility. I'm not saying that's the case, not at all, but you're basing your assessment on externals which is never a good idea. There are plenty of people who choose to live modestly but are far from humble. You're buying the media hype, I'm afraid.

Quesnel, Canada

#487334 Nov 2, 2013
As I don't believe in the spiritual aspect ... there is no way I can believe that others are spiritually blind, while I, with clarity SEE.

It's not possible for me to be tempted in such a way ... as I have removed myself from all religion.

Quesnel, Canada

#487335 Nov 2, 2013
If you choose to study the stupidity of it all, it's there for all to see.

If (within the theology) Jesus the Rabbi and his Jewish followers were faithful to Judaism ... what need would there be for a Catholic religion?

Answer ... NONE whatsoever!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

I became a Catholic because I realized that only the Catholic Church could trace its doctrine, liturgy, customs, and morality back to its origins when a rabbi named Jesus roamed the Holy Land with a band of Jewish disciples.

http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/a-r...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487336 Nov 2, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI is an extremely humble man, quite possibly even more so than Pope Francis. The Holy Father's choice of residence, car, etc. could just as easily be attributed to obstinacy as to humility. I'm not saying that's the case, not at all, but you're basing your assessment on externals which is never a good idea. There are plenty of people who choose to live modestly but are far from humble. You're buying the media hype, I'm afraid.
No Regina .
I in a previous post was complimenting all three of them.as being and trying to get the Chur h more like that of the apostles

I don't care where they live ..the fact that Francis used busses to visit poor people ..says,a,lot about Him...

They ate your POPES,..it was your Vatican 2..
Benedict was right in his,comments,regarding blaming Jews,fit killing Jesus,..also VATICSN 2,

That thinking brought about a lot of evil .

John.Paul apologized for a lot ..And good for him
The CHURCH or rather if you all like ..the men running tickets not all worthy if the,Apostjes .

And that was the post that started all this ...

Like it or not ..THINGS,had changed since the,Reformation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 min LetsRoleplayThen 23
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min RiversideRedneck 48,780
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 22 min Joi C 2,066
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 23 min ChristineM 445,725
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min Buck Crick 281,266
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min Joe Fortuna 971,703
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 56 min Student 44,697
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Annaleigh 105,621
More from around the web