Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701544 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Melbourne, Australia

#487249 Nov 2, 2013
you liked give to c.uk.o what kost cooky leptir masnu

aj aj aj

you not make me happy

you use our money invest on others

as well you do mistake when you put hand over me
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487250 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
Jesus Christs One True Church.. The Catholic Church
The Catholic Church was the only Christian Church until the Protestant Reformation in 1522 and it contains the
fullness of truth as revealed in sacred scripture and sacred tradition. All other churches contain only partial
truths at best. Today there are 42,000+ Christian denominations all teaching different and conflicting
doctrines. This was not Christ's plan for his Church.
Most non-catholics do not believe that Christ established a visible Church, but instead believe that Christ
established an invisible abstract church with no authoritative structure to teach the Truth. This belief makes no
sense when subjected to the Bible, history, and common sense. This belief creates many false, conflicting, and contradicting doctrines.
The fact is this: Christ did establish One Church and he promised that this Church would be with us until the
end of time.
Jesus established One Church, which is visible and in which doctrine matters and does not conflict. This
church contains the fullness of truth as revealed by God; all others have partial truth, at best.
Bible verses which prove the Catholic Church's teaching on One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church:
“If I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God which is the Church of the living
God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth”.(1 Tim 3:15) This verse says that it is the Church (not churches) that is
the upholder of the truth and not the Bible alone as most non-catholics believe. How can we know the truth if
this invisible church is allowed by God to teach conflicting doctrines?
"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against
it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and
whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven’" (Matt. 16:18-19). The Church is infallible and will not teach
error. If the Church did teach error then the powers of death (hell) have prevailed over it.
“If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house is divided against itself, that house will
not be able to stand.”.(Mk 3:24-25) Jesus condemns interdenominationalism and conflicting doctrines.
“And going down to Caesarea, he went up to Jerusalem, and saluted the church, and so came down to Antioch”(Acts 18:
22) The Church had to be visible if this verse is true.
“For I am the least of the apostles, unfit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.”(1Cor.15:9)
The Church had to be visible if Paul persecuted it!
“And I answered,`Who are you, Lord?' And he said to me,`I am Jesus of Nazareth whom you are persecuting.” Paul
did not physically persecute Jesus, but Jesus tells Paul since he was persecuting His Church he was persecuting
Him. The Church had to be visible in order for this verse to make sense.
“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have
gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every word may be confirmed
by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the Church; and if he refuses to listen
even to the Church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.”(Matt 18:15-17) What church do you tell it to if they all teach conflicting doctrines? This Church must be the Church which Christ founded which is the "pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the Truth.
“Where the Bishop appears, there let the people be, just as where Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.” St.
Ignatius of Antioch, Letter to the Smyrneans 8, 107 A.D. The early Church Christians mentioned by name, the Catholic Church. The Church was, is and will always be visible!
Excellent post.
truth

Melbourne, Australia

#487251 Nov 2, 2013
in this city nothing exist
nothing at all

is that your excellent
what a shame

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487252 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
Jesus Christs One True Church.. The Catholic Church
The Catholic Church was the only Christian Church until the Protestant Reformation in 1522 and it contains the
fullness of truth as revealed in sacred scripture and sacred tradition. All other churches contain only partial
truths at best. Today there are 42,000+ Christian denominations all teaching different and conflicting
doctrines. This was not Christ's plan for his Church.
Most non-catholics do not believe that Christ established
God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth”.(1 Tim 3:15) This verse says that it is the Church (not churches) that is
the upholder of the truth and not the Bible alone as most non-catholics believe. How can we know the truth if
this invisible church is allowed by God to teach conflicting doctrines?
"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against
it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and
whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven’" (Matt. 16:18-19). The Church is infallible and will not teach
error. If the Church did teach error then the powers of death (hell) have prevailed over it.
“If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house is divided against itself, that house will
not be able to stand.”.(Mk 3:24-25) Jesus condemns interdenominationalism and conflicting doctrines.
“And going down to Caesarea, he went up to Jerusalem, and saluted the church, and so came down to Antioch”(Acts 18:
22) The Church had to be visible if this verse is true.
“For I am the least of the apostles, unfit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.”(1Cor.15:9)
The Church had to be visible if Paul persecuted it!
“And I answered,`Who are you, Lord?' And he said to me,`I am Jesus of Nazareth whom you are persecuting.” Paul
did not physically persecute Jesus, but Jesus tells Paul since he was persecuting His Church he was persecuting
Him. The Church had to be visible in order for this verse to make sense.
“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have
gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every word may be confirmed
by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the Church; and if he refuses to listen
even to the Church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.”(Matt 18:15-17) What church do you tell it to if they all teach conflicting doctrines? This Church must be the Church which Christ founded which is the "pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the Truth.
“Where the Bishop appears, there let the people be, just as where Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.” St.
Ignatius of Antioch, Letter to the Smyrneans 8, 107 A.D. The early Church Christians mentioned by name, the Catholic Church. The Church was, is and will always be visible!
And what if the,CHURCH itself strays,that's,been my question from the start ..

Jesus,never told the Church ..whatever form it took ..
To become enmeshed in the,workings,of Caesar ...nor to promote,one Caesar over another ..nor to either sit by or aid Caesar in persecutions ...especially persecution of Abrahams,descendants,
"I will cuts d those who curse them "

And when did Christ say amass great wealth in my name ..
Peter would never sit in that earthly throne having his,ring
Kissed by monarchs .

It appears,John Paul by apologizing ...And now,Francis,...by eschewing
Many trappings of office .....are,saying by action ..the very things,I'm speaking of ...
YET if I bring these things,up I'm.anti CATHOLIC..

DID it ever occur to you That the Reformation ...aside from spreading the WORD of God ...also was meant to bring your CHURCH closer to the APOSTLES way ..the Way of Christ
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#487253 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post.
Isn't it NICE when others believe the same as you ... that they are aligned to the holy essence of the same imaginary god as yours?

But Meanwhile, rumor has it that Jehovah is crying his eyes out as he begs and grovels in the attitude of ... "Why aren't you people using MY holy name when you pray???... Don't you have faith that I "AM" the one and only God???"

:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487254 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway, I have no choice if I'm going to be Christian
Are you claiming that you have no free will???

Jehovah is very adamant in his loud voice from the sky when he says "I am the one God of the Jews. I did NOT put my stamp of approval on Catholicism, Islam, OR Protestantism. Those that preach those sermons are blasphemers and I suggest you get back on the one and only track of pure unadulterated Judaism!!!"

My note ... Apparently trying to steal the emotions of other gods is not approved of by all the different gods that live in the sky. They consider it a fell-ony of the most devious type, and they are all of the same attitude. They all warn "Don't tempt gods to commit adultery against their human creators."

tongue in cheek
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487255 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
Jesus Christs One True Church.
OH OH!!!

Poor hojo! He knows no better than to disobey the rule of all the gods.

"Thou shalt not try to steal the emotions of another man's GOD!"

"Thou shalt not tempt the GOD to commit emotional adultery."
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#487257 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Men stray, but NOT the Church, because Jesus Christ and the Church are one! It is HIS CHURCH! Not ours! Matthew 16 confirms this when Our Lord said "upon this rock I will built MY CHURCH!!!HE is the vine and we are the branches!...... Until you (fully) believe, understand and accept this historical and biblical TRUTH, RoSesz, your spiritual life will continue to "spin round in the same (opinionated) circles" with the rest of the 42,100+ bible only "fundies" that rely upon "relative (editorialized) truth" of confusion and chaos!!!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487258 Nov 2, 2013
agree wrote:
Y<quoted text>You must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
But even if Jesus had lived, his father would be Jehovah or Elohim or ADONAI. Whatever name the faithful Jews adorned him with ... Jesus' father would be of Jewish "X-traction ONLY.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#487259 Nov 2, 2013
Ho Jo wrote

fullness of truth as revealed in sacred scripture and sacred tradition.

~~~

In your wildest dreams...you cold not make such a foolish declaration as you have just posted...

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS ATTEMPTED TO SMUDGE AND DESECRATE THE GLORY OF GOD...

QUESTION

CAN YOU HONESTLY NAME ONE SIN...THAT CANNOT BE PLACED AT IT'S DOORSTEP..?

THERE IS NO COMPARISON....

NOTHING that declares the GLORY OF GOD;...

CAN BE FOUND IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

Psa 19:1

To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Psa 19:2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

Psa 19:3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487260 Nov 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
When you claim you can preach Protestantism, while being a Jew just like Jesus in your heart ... you are treading on thin ice.

That is comparable to a Muslim claiming to preach Islamic doctrine while claiming to be a Jew at heart.

There is not ONE bit of difference.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487261 Nov 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question, but how does it apply to "salvation"?
Please be more specific.
I now understand you believe that the spirit leaves the body after death and goes elsewhere.

Do you believe that when it is totally purified or of the highest goal or quality ... that it goes to be aligned back with a creator?

If not ... where DO you believe it ends its journey from being impure to being at last pure?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487262 Nov 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sort of partial to the Gnostics and how Thomas uses it....."The All"......
The Gnostic gospels were written by men. I suggest that Thomas was a made-up character as was Jesus and all the other characters in the theological PLAYS "staged" by the many, many prolific religious authors.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#487263 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH OH!!!
Poor hojo! He knows no better than to disobey the rule of all the gods.
"Thou shalt not try to steal the emotions of another man's GOD!"
"Thou shalt not tempt the GOD to commit emotional adultery."
No one is forcing "anyone" to believe "anything" June nor to "steal the emotions of another mans God" as you say! Each of us is free to choose or reject the Catholic Faith and the One Church that Jesus HIMSELF initiated in Matthew 16....... Your beligerence, hostility and anger against Christianity and (especially against the faith and salvation of other Christians) "in particular---Catholics) is an "open book"!!!! The question is "Why do you care anyway"?? You have chosen to reject the Catholic Christian faith for atheism or agnosticism (or whatever you want to call yourself)...Then go live in your anti-christian isolationism!!! I/we as Catholics have accepted our faith and salvation in the TRUTH of Jesus Christ (each and every day) at Daily Mass and the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD). You've made a different choice!!!
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487264 Nov 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus,never told the Church ..whatever form it took ..
You'd be calling Jesus a liar then. He said the gates of hell wouldn't prevail against His Church, yet you suggest they 'strayed' from the truth on their own? Or perhaps a Pope corrupted it??
If one lie gets in, hell prevailed. One lie would cause the whole Church to crumble on the weight of that one lie.
(and no rose, I'm not talking about the individual lies of a Pope or Priest.)
We are assured by Christ through the Papacy that the conveying of truth would always be protected from error- even if a scoundrel of a man is holding the keys, they literally could not lead the Church astray.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487265 Nov 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Interesting....
So you are saying that you were raised without any conviction, and you rediscovered that in your older age.
So you are singlemindedly determined to be dually minded. So you have no absolutes and all becomes relative.
What a conflict!
Those are YOUR words ... not mine.

I was raised to believe in the existence of a god by two loving parents that belonged to two different religions.

You ought to know about that type of confusion Robert F. After all ... you've been a Protestant, an Atheist and two times you've been a Catholic. And in between you dabbled in Buddhism.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#487266 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Men stray, but NOT the Church, because Jesus Christ and the Church are one! It is HIS CHURCH! Not ours! Matthew 16 confirms this when Our Lord said "upon this rock I will built MY CHURCH!!!HE is the vine and we are the branches!...... Until you (fully) believe, understand and accept this historical and biblical TRUTH, RoSesz, your spiritual life will continue to "spin round in the same (opinionated) circles" with the rest of the 42,100+ bible only "fundies" that rely upon "relative (editorialized) truth" of confusion and chaos!!!
One day the Pharisees asked Jesus, "When will the Kingdom of God come?" Jesus replied, "The Kingdom of God can't be detected by visible signs.

You won't be able to say,'Here it is!' or 'It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is already among you."
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#487267 Nov 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Ho Jo wrote
fullness of truth as revealed in sacred scripture and sacred tradition.
~~~
In your wildest dreams...you cold not make such a foolish declaration as you have just posted...
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS ATTEMPTED TO SMUDGE AND DESECRATE THE GLORY OF GOD...
QUESTION
CAN YOU HONESTLY NAME ONE SIN...THAT CANNOT BE PLACED AT IT'S DOORSTEP..?
THERE IS NO COMPARISON....
NOTHING that declares the GLORY OF GOD;...
CAN BE FOUND IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
Psa 19:1
To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psa 19:2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
Psa 19:3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
(repeat)
The Glory of God and the TRUTH of the WORD OF GOD is, has and will always be (fully)proclaimed in Jesus Christ and in the Church that HE established, formed and initiated over 2000 years ago!!
Men stray, but NOT the Church, because Jesus Christ and the Church are one! It is HIS CHURCH! Not ours! Matthew 16 confirms this when Our Lord said "upon this rock I will built MY CHURCH!!!HE is the vine and we are the branches!...... Until you (fully) believe, understand and accept this historical and biblical TRUTH, your spiritual life will continue to "spin round in the same (opinionated) circles" with the rest of the 42,100+ bible only "fundies" that rely upon "relative (editorialized) truth" of just more confusion and and more chaos that has existed since the Reformation
marge

Leesburg, GA

#487268 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#487269 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You said: "I wish them peace in whatever form peace may take them"
You are a phony, because Christianity brings peace to every Christian on here,
OH I realize that you are in a state of hypnotized peace ... but the teaching of Christianity does not bring peace of mind to those that believe they are destined to hell.

Do you GET that part of the equation?

Homosexuals have committed suicide because of Christian parents teaching them that homosexuality is offensive, evil and vile to "GOD."

And homosexuals are only one group that suffered because of such horrible nonsense being taught as truth.

You should feel shame ... but your state of hypnosis in the ridiculous attitude that you are saved, doesn't allow your conscience to be activated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 20 min GodDog 80,352
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 32 min Bizarre 6
Discouraging brother about internet brides 1 hr harvy34 1
People R Racists About Cultures 2 hr Professor 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,870
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Prince of Darkness 448,397
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Prince of Darkness 995,767