Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703564 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487084 Nov 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Pride in oneself - the one deadly sin to surely destroy Christianity and its followers.
Thank you for doing your part.
Pride is the essence of humans. If we lost pride in our beliefs, then we wouldn't believe them.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487085 Nov 1, 2013
Posters, be aware of rosesez and seraphin. These two are falsely reporting.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487086 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I fyou would like to research the "spirit" and all that is connected to it, you will have to include alot of study - the paranormal, energy creation and transfers, how light affects energy, the aspects of a soul, the mind and our consciousness, how our mind reacts to different actions we produce, etc, etc, etc.
For years I studied all those issues, and still it does not prove that a spirit or a soul exists.

The word spirit took on different meanings through the ages, but from what I have studied, it came first within the theology of religion
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

spirit

/&#712;sp&#618;r&# 618;t/

noun

noun: spirit;&#8195;plural noun: spirits

the non-physical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.

https://www.google.ca/#q=spirit+definition
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487087 Nov 1, 2013
Non-human animals have emotions. They can be sad or joyful ... but not many of us believe that the god will judge their "souls" one way or the other.

Only humans were and are taught that gods JUDGE human behavior.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487088 Nov 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Greedy??? Not at all! You see, I really don't really care "what you have chosen to believe (or don't believe), or what others chose to believe,(Muslims, Hindus, Protestants, bible only "fundies" --makes no difference! If you, or any of them "truly believe" what they say they believe is the truth!! Then go live it --and quit attacking, judging, ripping and undermining the faith of others. Your constantly angry and vindictive June, because "NO ONE" is buying into the atheistic or agnostic "rif-raf" that you are "forever pushing your non-christian agenda" on others!!! I/we as Catholic, will continue, as billions and billions of other Catholic Christians "have done" for over 2000 years---to believe, follow, worship and adhere to the TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ and HIS One True Catholic Church. Your choice!!! I have made mine!!!!
I think June is looking for a Saviour to help her.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#487089 Nov 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I showed you where your words said the Word of God is a lie...do the same for me to verify your baseless accusation..
Distorting, twisting, manipulating, perverting,and mis-representing the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible that the Early Church Fathers gave to us over 1700 years ago is the "same as lying"!!!Add to this your "fictitious" man-made up Church History myths and you have the "entire bible only "legendary" package of lies and deceit!!! However you wouldn't have any idea as to what I am referring to because you and your other bible only "fundies" have been living the bible only lie for so long that you have actually begun to "believe it". I lived this "half-truth, half-heresy" contradicting, inconsistent (self-editorialized) Christianity for over 35 years before Jesus Christ through the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit led me to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ HIMSELF and the One True Apostolic Universal Catholic Church that he initiated, established and formed over 2000 years ago!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#487090 Nov 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholics will leave the "self" to you bible only "fundies"! SELF-interpretation of the bible, SELF-personalized "fictitious opinions" on Apostolic Church History, SELF-indulged "personal attacks" on the faith and Salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics), SELF-enlightened "so called bible preachers" and SELF-man made Protestant religions, denominations and doctrines that total more than 42,100 inconsistent and contradicting SELF-"editorialized (hodge-podge) of bible "I did it my way" (RELATIVE TRUTH'S)... God (never has, nor ever will be) the author of your bible only SELF "confusion and chaos"!!
You accused me of lying. I ask you to show my words that proved your baseless accusation. You have nothing to say...

According to Atemcowboy, you did the same to him..

That makes you a liar.

You say Christ built the Catholic church..that is a lie...so says your pope....so says the National Council of Churches..

You are a liar and have been so proven...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487091 Nov 1, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Why would I say something like that. And no, I was never a protestant. Baptized Catholic. Although I wanted to be protestant really bad. I wanted to be around all the chicks I knew at the mega church in the guilt free, hands free christianity. They were having all the fun..... Unfortunately I was exposed to the truth. Now there is responsibility on my part. To walk away from the Eucharist now would be the ultimate insult to Jesus. Only the Catholics on here could understand that.
Oh please,.CLAY ..You keep blaming Protestants fir all bad influences In the world ...

One of the CATHOLIC High schools ..when my kid was younger ..had the reputation as the worst party school ...it was in the more,affluent part of town .

The other Catholic High school did not .

THE PUBLIC schools have wild Kids . I'm sure the,Christian schools had wild kids ..

Kids,are,wild,all over ..

And always has been .
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487092 Nov 1, 2013
If the Jews believe that evil humans end up in the fiery pits of Gehenna for eternity, then they should also accept that they can end up for eternity in some of those other hells.

It should work both ways ... or no way at all.

Fair is fair.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487093 Nov 1, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I think June is looking for a Saviour to help her.
:)

Maybe the Wiccan goddess will update you on progress in religion.

She doesn't judge human or non-human behavior. She just loves everybody ... especially after the bisexual Alex Sanders set her straight that she was allowed to curse homosexuals or bisexuals.

June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487094 Nov 1, 2013
she was NOT allowed to curse homosexuals or bisexuals.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#487095 Nov 1, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Posters, be aware of rosesez and seraphin. These two are falsely reporting.
You said Fatima is in the Bible...is that false reporting or do you have the book and chapter where I can read it?
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487096 Nov 1, 2013
Spirit

a. The vital principle or animating force within living beings.

b. Incorporeal consciousness.

2. The soul, considered as departing from the body of a person at death.

3. Spirit The Holy Spirit.

4. A supernatural being, as:
a. An angel or a demon.

b. A being inhabiting or embodying a particular place, object, or natural phenomenon.

c. A fairy or sprite.

a. The part of a human associated with the mind, will, and feelings: Though unable to join us today, they are with us in spirit.

b. The essential nature of a person or group.

6. A person as characterized by a stated quality: He is a proud spirit.

a. An inclination or tendency of a specified kind: Her actions show a generous spirit.

b. A causative, activating, or essential principle: The couple's engagement was announced in a joyous spirit.

8. spirits A mood or an emotional state: The guests were in high spirits. His sour spirits put a damper on the gathering.

9. A particular mood or an emotional state characterized by vigor and animation: sang with spirit.

10. Strong loyalty or dedication: team spirit.

11. The predominant mood of an occasion or a period: "The spirit of 1776 is not dead" (Thomas Jefferson).

12. The actual though unstated sense or significance of something: the spirit of the law.

13. An alcohol solution of an essential or volatile substance. Often used in the plural with a singular verb.

14. spirits An alcoholic beverage, especially distilled liquor.

tr.v. spir·it·ed, spir·it·ing, spir·its
1. To carry off mysteriously or secretly: The documents had been spirited away.

2. To impart courage, animation, or determination to; inspirit.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/spirit
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#487097 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Pride in oneself -
Thank you for doing your part.
As you bible only "fundies" continue to point your bible only judgmental "finger" at me and other Catholics on this forum, you just might notice where your "own thumb" is pointing!!! Directly between your OWN eyes!!!!!
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487098 Nov 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please,.CLAY ..You keep blaming Protestants fir all bad influences In the world ...
And which EVIL sources do YOU Blame???

I suggest it won't be anything to do with you or your group of believers.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487100 Nov 1, 2013
That's 3 in two days,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487101 Nov 1, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said Fatima is in the Bible...is that false reporting or do you have the book and chapter where I can read it?
Sighs,very loudly
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487102 Nov 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You say Christ built the Catholic church..that is a lie...so says your pope....so says the National Council of Churches..
You are a liar and have been so proven...
According to YOUR HIGHNESS ... what exactly came from the pen of a man named Jesus??? NOTHING!!!

You know you can't put your faith in the words written or spoken by men ... and all those supposed holy books were compiled by none other than MEN ... writing of their MANY imaginary saviors!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#487103 Nov 1, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I think June is looking for a Saviour to help her.
No question about it! Thanks Husker Du! Our Lord calls each one of us,(as Catholics) to pray for those who "persistently persecute" and condemn us.......... Agree????---agree!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487104 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And which EVIL sources do YOU Blame???
I suggest it won't be anything to do with you or your group of believers.
We all have a,sin nature,..And,for teens,peer pressure is,the,great influence ..along with these,videos of their HERO'S ..the,so called celebs,..

I do not envy any patent of a teen today ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Quivering Lip Lib... 87,421
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min Redeemed Jersey P... 996,408
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,915
Making DEVILS Rich 7 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 1
why Donald Trump is president (Oct '17) 9 hr Fhreep Pun Ho III 33
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 10 hr Big Al 223,071
School honoring Confed general 2B Renamed 4 Bar... 10 hr Cordon Bleu 1