Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600245 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#486642 Oct 30, 2013
oops...erase "A condom is not a"...
Liam

Jersey City, NJ

#486643 Oct 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Celibates are not the best source for teaching about any part of any marriage!!!!
No wonder why you disagree with Jesus Christ. "whatever God hath joined, let no man take apart".

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#486644 Oct 30, 2013
Sharing a post I justput up in another forum due to related themes with this forum.
Here's a real gem from this month! Wonder why this story isn't getting much attention (or is it?). Sounds very intriguing and actually may well be true.. at least after first thought.
Link:
http://www.bubblews.com/news/1298334-scholars...
My cut and pasting begins here:
Two historians, American Joseph Atwill and the UK’s Kenneth Humphreys, will hold a symposium in London on Oct. 19, at which, they say, they’ll present new evidence that Jesus Christ never existed and that Christianity and the Gospels are fabrications invented by Roman Caesars of the first century.
The two scholars claim the plot was conceived as a means to redirect violent Jewish revolt against Roman authority into a peaceful (thereby ineffectual) movement, designed to control the hearts and minds of the Jewish population, and subverting rebellion against Rome without employing increasingly resource-draining military and political tactics.
And, they claim, it worked brilliantly then and continues to do so.
Liam

Jersey City, NJ

#486645 Oct 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
He approved the use of condoms....don't matter if he did so to help prevent the spread of HIV....it still prevents pregnancies...which is birth control!!!!
And...whom is going to verify that each time a condom is used it is used primarily to prevent the spread of HIV and not to prevent a birth!!!????? And...how will this be done!!!!!!!
A condom is not a
He never approved it. Your headline is like you, deceitful. You know it and I just want you to know I know you too. I know what you're about.
I really don't care to converse with you... No offense. Don't bother taunting... I mean, responding to anything I post.
Liam

Jersey City, NJ

#486646 Oct 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Celibates are not the best source for teaching about any part of any marriage!!!!
I'm guessing you disregard the Apostle Pauls teachings too? Lol
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#486647 Oct 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
I suggest Islam's hell would be worse.
When the skin peels off it regrows ... only to peel off again.
I know! Same with potatoes.
Filling,but peeling the skin is a hassel,I prefure to bake them in tinfoil.

#We'll be right back to Cooking with June VanDerMark right after this message by Bounty.'The quicker picker upper'

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#486648 Oct 30, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know me at all, Rose. How could you? I have a tremendous amount of empathy for people who find themselves in desperate situations. I agree wholeheartedly with Catholic teaching because I understand its background. She is also a compassionate and protective mother.
You should refer post-abortive women who are in distress to Rachel's Vineyard. It's for everyone, women and men, who have had or are considering, or have been involved in any way with abortion. All faiths and no faith, it doesn't matter.
I take a hard line in the hopes of stopping people from destroying their lives before it's too late. But I've experienced too much and have seen too much pain to turn anyone away who is suffering.
I admire you for carrying your baby to term and going through what must have been a heartbreaking ordeal. I don't condemn you. You made a mistake, but your child is not a mistake.
I have actually when I was,posting on the abortion forum .referred to the Vineyard site ..

My friend??? Well she puts,up a wall on it ..But since she dies have a Christian counselor ..She agree to talk about it with her ..so it's a start ...we read bible together ..She has a big heart But many problems .

And I was not referring to you about being mean to women who had an Abortion..

My story of my son was posed where I was hoping it would do some good ..locally and on topic ..I know how desperate a woman can be when faced
With this and back then much worse ...

And it's something you think you will never get over ...I want young women to know they can ...

I had not shared it here ..except privately .. so I. Was upset that another poster did .

It's,over ...And it was a true miracle. I ever met him ..Thank God ..And thanks for your words .

I saw,your post about evil IVF etc. After SERA had posted on her grandchild ..And yes I was really upset .

He is God's child ...And God's will that he exists ...no matter how he got here .

I apologize FOR my anger ..I was quite horrified to be honest ..
Thought you had seen her post .

There IS,too much anger here ..i 've gotten used to it and pray daily on it

.God bless you and your family

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#486649 Oct 30, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know me at all, Rose. How could you? I have a tremendous amount of empathy for people who find themselves in desperate situations. I agree wholeheartedly with Catholic teaching because I understand its background. She is also a compassionate and protective mother.
You should refer post-abortive women who are in distress to Rachel's Vineyard. It's for everyone, women and men, who have had or are considering, or have been involved in any way with abortion. All faiths and no faith, it doesn't matter.
I take a hard line in the hopes of stopping people from destroying their lives before it's too late. But I've experienced too much and have seen too much pain to turn anyone away who is suffering.
I admire you for carrying your baby to term and going through what must have been a heartbreaking ordeal. I don't condemn you. You made a mistake, but your child is not a mistake.
We also HAve a wonderful center pre and post pregnancy or abortion here .
Director is a wonderful woman ...But no luck with getting this friend there before or after ...it broke my heart ..But to turn my back on this child of God I care about ..I..cannot do ....nor would see any one
Throw rocks at her or OTHERS as I've seen on Topix ...cruel things,for decisions thirty years,old ...

Judgement belongs only to God ..

Anyway take care

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#486651 Oct 30, 2013
chance47 wrote:
Sharing a post I justput up in another forum due to related themes with this forum.
Here's a real gem from this month! Wonder why this story isn't getting much attention (or is it?). Sounds very intriguing and actually may well be true.. at least after first thought.
Link:
Two historians, American Joseph Atwill and the UK’s Kenneth Humphreys, will hold a symposium in London on Oct. 19, at which, they say, they’ll present new evidence that Jesus Christ never existed and that Christianity and the Gospels are fabrications invented by Roman Caesars of the first century.
The two scholars claim the plot was conceived as a means to redirect violent Jewish revolt against Roman authority into a peaceful (thereby ineffectual) movement, designed to control the hearts and minds of the Jewish population, and subverting rebellion against Rome without employing increasingly resource-draining military and political tactics.
And the Caesars who killed Christians???? Tortured them ..we're NOT LET IN on the plot ????

People have tried disproving Him for Centuries,..And before that ...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#486652 Oct 30, 2013
chance47 wrote:
Link:
Everything sounds hard to believe on paper. No matter the religion, scenario, concept ... Whatever. The fact that you and I converse a thousand miles away with a little device in our hand it too hard to believe too.
With Christianity, it doesn't make sense that we'd concoct a figure like Jesus Christ to be our savior. If we were going to create a mighty diety, I don't think he'd resemble Jesus at all. Imo.
truth

Perth, Australia

#486654 Oct 30, 2013
i am not agree with you
nooooooooo
seed..demonic seed noooooooooooooo

by
truth

Perth, Australia

#486655 Oct 30, 2013
spaying=$ping pong=ball
=globe
on right hand stay just part of globe
yeeeeeeeeeeeeee
which side between continents
have meaning about what?

o what you have in your hand cameron..must be something go out from your wrist..two diagram two fingers wrist two fingers..see map dead sea red ssea..sea on map

no i am not spying you..
lags a yes you have tree lags..i can't wrote here everything..i am very tired..i don't wanted make arguments with you all..
noooooo

o what a shame how you can attack good people..after all you not pay me not even 5 cents..

look better
snail its as sloth
aha snail with tiny house..
see what is most value

how snail can be value..very easy..look geometric shape..as well crome..its represent iron age..
snail liked guarden..why green color spin.ach
and inion=symbol as around as globe
as omotoch as cover up as galic but deference way
u mog cache
devetere gache
a jeeeeeeeeeee
9 heaven

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

see
look in tiny things
yeeeeeee

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#486656 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why invent a pill that allows you to keep having sex without the headache of a baby? Is that Gods fault? Should He change the truth because we humans can't stop poking each other because 'its fun'?
Protestantism - or at least,'protestant thinking'-has led the way in inventing, distributing and promoting contraception. You have too many self proclaimed pastors who have no business interpreting the Bible.
Yes,it was the,Protestant Churches that owned the various,drug companies that promoted and manufactured the,pill.

The chief purpose of the pill is,s to stop ovulation ..it also helps women therapeutically ...with really bad pain...with endometriosis .

And is used to prevent pregnancy ..no egg no baby ...if it fails, and the woman ovulates...possibly you get a,baby ......it works on the very hormones a San has ..very intricate chemistry ...

And the Protestants,that confused the CATHOLics,making them have sex outside of marriage ...

And I guess,all those CATHOLics using he pill is the fault of Protestants,too.

And e protestants,made half the,US CATHOLUCS,vote for pro choice
Leaders,...

And it's,protestants,that tell all those Catholic women to have abortions,...

Bad bad protestants,...making those CATHOLics sin

And yes I'm.being sarcastic ..But that's,basically what you've been saying ..today

Abortion has,never had anything to do with God ...And if it can be prevented ..I'm for that

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#486657 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything sounds hard to believe on paper. No matter the religion, scenario, concept ... Whatever. The fact that you and I converse a thousand miles away with a little device in our hand it too hard to believe too.
With Christianity, it doesn't make sense that we'd concoct a figure like Jesus Christ to be our savior. If we were going to create a mighty diety, I don't think he'd resemble Jesus at all. Imo.
On that we agree ..
Today we,watch tv shows with all these plot twists,...I would and May be easy to manufacture a,false Messiah ..

Thing is,..we believe by FAITH ..He speaks to our Hearts,.

And,such a,conspiracy back hen NO way
..plus they KILLED the actors in their drama???

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486658 Oct 30, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I know! Same with potatoes.
Filling,but peeling the skin is a hassel,I prefure to bake them in tinfoil.
#We'll be right back to Cooking with June VanDerMark right after this message by Bounty.'The quicker picker upper'
Hahahaha

One day when things were very quiet in the sky ... I heard GOD's thunderous voice in loud "plain English" asking the devil the question ... "Who's cooking now???

And the devil answered that there were so many evil souls in the fiery pit, it would take him forever to name them all off.

With that answer GOD went back to what he was doing ... which was watching all the suffering and getting great entertainment out of all the blood and gore in his earthly kingdom and down below his earthly kingdom.

Then I understood that that is how he shows his unconditional LOVE.

Tongue in cheek

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486659 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're about as honest as the devil.
Which one???

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486660 Oct 30, 2013
If there is no devil luring us, it must be our own selfishness that motivates us to think nasty thoughts and commit nasty deeds ... such as killing each other in the name of a god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Do Jews Believe in Satan?

Satan is a character that appears in the belief systems of many religions, including Christianity and Islam. In Judaism "satan" is not a sentient being but a metaphor for the evil inclination – the yetzer hara – that exists in every person and tempts us to do wrong.

http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/j...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486661 Oct 30, 2013
I agree that selfishness is in the hearts and minds of humans. Blaming a devil is simply using a scapegoat, rather than taking responsibility for our own thoughts and behaviors.

I suggest that if we lose control of our emotions ... which often occurs ... it is to be human ... NOT evil caused by some outside force.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

yetzer hara

Web definitions

In Judaism, yetzer hara, or yetzer ra refers to the inclination to do evil, by violating the will of God. The term is drawn from the phrase "the imagination of the heart of man [is] evil", which occurs twice in the Hebrew Bible, at Genesis 6:5 and 8:21.

https://www.google.ca/#q=yetzer+hara+definiti...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#486662 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder why you disagree with Jesus Christ. "whatever God hath joined, let no man take apart".
Show me where I ever disagreed with the teachings of Christ...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486663 Oct 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is,..we believe by FAITH ..He speaks to our Hearts,.
As the Muslim believes that the 12th Imam speaks to his/her heart.

If you have to put other religions down to put your own up, I suggest there is something wrong with your picture, and it needs a major adjustment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min nanoanomaly 866,157
The Christian Atheist debate 25 min Rosa_Winkel 2,136
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 37 min MUQ2 40,926
Poll Are Mexicans Taking Over America (May '13) 41 min Pine Nut 3
Poll Will US Govt close Mexican border? (Apr '09) 47 min Pine Nut 23
Poll should white men marry mexican women? (May '10) 50 min Pine Nut 6
Gay sex in raigarh 1 hr tiger 18
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 272,469
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 3 hr imr 48
White Lives MATTER 3 hr Johnny 133