Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646316 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#486803 Oct 31, 2013
Theologians in all religions always set their selves up for the most honorary place of importance to in turn make the people believe they could not do without the theologian.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

North America

The spirits of the dead are in principle to be feared, for they come to steal men’s souls and to inflict death unless the medicine-man intervenes.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#486804 Oct 31, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Rosie,
Remember the blue bird in the back yard the morning we got married.
Remember as we stepped out after the wedding at that moment a truck stopped that said G.O,D. on its side.
Being married to you I thought I knew a depth of love that was the truest and deepest one could ever know.
But then after I got sick I found that there is a deeper love.
A love that does not fade, but blooms in the face of suffering.
A love that will stay by her husband's bed side every day for weeks despite, the pain and fear, when he is on the edge of dying.
A love that will rise without complaint in the middle of the night no matter how exhausted to help her husband.
A love that will stay by her husband's bed side every day for weeks despite, the pain and fear, when he is on the edge of dying.
A love that will rise without complaint in the middle of the night, no matter how exhausted, to help her husband.
The True Love, that kind of light in her eyes that tells you, though you have lost much of yourself, she still sees you as she saw you when you first met.
I love you with my all, my beautiful Spanish Princess,
Happy Anniversary Seraphima
All Praises to God..
Greek Wedding Dance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1zI07eCQF1QXX
MEEEE TOOOOO!!!! YOU are my life and my every breath. Without you I am nothing.You came into my life and showed me a love that I thought I would never have.You brought me to God when I turned away from him.You are my reason for living.Yes,I still see you as the tall handsome strong man that threw me up on the washer that day when I greeted you at the back door as you came home from work.In my eyes,you will never change but remain young and strong for your purest beauty is inside you.You will always be my knight riding on a white horse coming to take me to your castle...Love you with All my Being....x0x0x0

Prince George, Canada

#486805 Oct 31, 2013
Some people like to glorify the "spiritual" aspect of the Native Indians ... but I suggest humans always were creatures of war ... period.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

North America

About the middle of the sixteenth century, when the first Europeans began to settle on Indian territory in North America, there were more than 2,000 independent Indian tribes living there, frequently in a state of war.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#486806 Oct 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are here to preach at others that you KNOW the one and only truth ... so of course it makes a difference to you when someone perceives that you are wrong.
Why do you keep lying?
I am not here to preach, debate, argue or deliberate with (anyone)--just to continue to speak the authenticated, verifiable and proven TRUTH of over 2000 years of biblical and historically established TRUTH regarding Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church......... You and other non-catholics can accept it or reject it-(YOUR CHOICE)-"makes absolutely (no difference) to me"!......... You and others can perceive me to be wrong "all you want", however, nothing that you will say, can change the GENUINE TRUTH of what has been written, recorded and confirmed regarding Jesus Christ and HIS ONE UNIVERSAL (CATHOLIC) CHURCH!!!

Location hidden

#486807 Oct 31, 2013
marge wrote:
ya'll got married on Halloween?
How did that go down?
Blessings to you both:)
yes..our church wedding was Halloween. No one wanted to take that date and it was the only day the priest had available. We are not superticious (sp)...Thank you

Prince George, Canada

#486808 Oct 31, 2013
Similar to Wicca

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Slav Countries: Folk-lore of the forests

One of the curious and peculiar characteristics of the world of religious concepts known to Russian Slavs in the Middle Ages was ‘double faith’: the concurrent existence of Christian notions and pagan beliefs.

Location hidden

#486809 Oct 31, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I second that statement. GB both of you.
Thank you my friend

Prince George, Canada

#486810 Oct 31, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>MEEEE TOOOOO!!!! YOU are my life and my every breath. Without you I am nothing.You came into my life and showed me a love that I thought I would never have.You brought me to God when I turned away from him.You are my reason for living.Yes,I still see you as the tall handsome strong man that threw me up on the washer that day when I greeted you at the back door as you came home from work.In my eyes,you will never change but remain young and strong for your purest beauty is inside you.You will always be my knight riding on a white horse coming to take me to your castle...Love you with All my Being....x0x0x0
Would you folks please rent a room!

Location hidden

#486811 Oct 31, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You are telling me at age 77 that you have never had an urge of intamacy during your life when seeing an attractive man?
Does Johnny Depp count...lol just ask'n

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#486812 Oct 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
Lol oh I know,..But I was,expecting the,worse,attacks,on tis,from pro-choice,...not a,so called,pro life,person telling me,U was selfish
In giving up my.son..And,oh such a,sinner ...my son would not be proud of me . Etc I corrupted my daughter ..blah blah ..when they have no clue on my personal relations ..
Oh well ..
We,are,supposed to discuss,ideas..not harass,folks,..
I've told you I think your wrong in your beliefs,..
I would never think to discuss,your children...though I am sorry if they ate,hurt ..
But it does take,ALL KINDS,''to be on Topix ...you're,right ..
IN some of the small town threads,.. Well it's,horrible the things,they say on their neighbors,...
----------
Adopted children have a lifelong painful question: WHY didn't SHE want ME?
KM
I'm sure,that's true ..thankfully my son's,parents,must have handled it well .

And by God's,mercy ..I got to tell him..at 17 having to hide the whole thing from.half my family ....I think I did he right thing .

This is,why I have empathy for young girls,in trouble ...And men who walk away
.I haven't much use,for ...

I was,a kid in a time we,knew,absolutely nothing ....no one talked,about anything ..I had to move out of my home .

Nowadays,..sorry ..But if they sin..which I totally think they should NOT ..at least UsE protection..because nowadays the first place these,young scared girls think of or are guided to is,an abortion clinic ..

I can't change my past KAY ..But I keep hoping I could possibly let someone know ...what SEEMS insurmountable ..is,NOT ...And death is,NOT
AN ANSWER ..

Prince George, Canada

#486813 Oct 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not here to preach, debate, argue or deliberate with (anyone!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#486814 Oct 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course NOT! That is why each pope was able to change the rules to his own whims.
The Catholic doctrine of faith and morals (has not changed) for over 2000 years. Jesus Christ is the "same yesterday-today and forever"!!(Hebrew 13:8). The TRUTH is the same yesterday and forever!.. SIN is the same, yesterday and forever"!...The ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH, initiated and established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF (Matthew 16:13-21) is the same yesterday and forever!!!!! Like I have told you "many times" before, you and other (non-catholics) can believe what you want!!! I/we as Catholics will "continue" as other Catholics have done for over 2000 years, to follow, proclaim, and adhere to the TRUE Teachings and the TRUTH of Salvation in Jesus Christ--in and through HIS One True Catholic Church.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#486815 Oct 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael" <quoted text>
Claypool says........I say the pill, condoms, and surgery are deliberate attempts to prevent life from entering the world WHILE you are having sex. That's a sin.
Michael says.......being told NOT TO HAVE SEX is also a form to prevent life from starting.
If god created everything, why is it OK for you to eat chicken eggs instead of letting the eggs hatch into baby chicks? Aren't they forms of life terminated?
----------
An unfertilized chicken egg will NEVER make a chicken.
Unfertilized human eggs will not make humans.
A well-known Russian writer said that a man should love his wife enough NOT to burden her with eternal pregnancy.(LOVE is the key.) Bearing children is a wonderful thing...but when men use sex solely for gratification, with no thought of the health of the woman, or her children, it is no longer LOVE/intimacy. The writer suggested that the man discipline himself, and be considerate of the woman's health.
This practically eliminates the need for contraception and/or abortion.(Cuts out a lot of 'headaches' and unhappy women, too.)
KayMarie
That was very well said.

Prince George, Canada

#486816 Oct 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not here to preach, debate, argue or deliberate with (anyone
Then stop arguing and preaching and debating.

You can't do it one way and then pretend to not be doing it that way.

I know you are a Catholic. I get it. I know you believe you are saved. I get it. I know you believe I will go to hell. I get it.

Do you GET that I get it and I don't need to be reminded again and again and again???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#486817 Oct 31, 2013
who="Michael"<quo ted text>
Claypool says.....It ain't God's fault we humans completely messed up His plan.
Michael says.....Does that mean you too?
Were imperfect beings Liam. We are apt to make mistakes.
If God really had a plan he could make us any way he wanted to and nothing would ever get screwed up..........and we could all live happily ever after.
....instead........
This adam/eve story and cain killing abel and later on jesus coming and then the crowd turns against him........yada yada yada!

----------
Open your eyes, Michael. God DOES really have a plan. The creation of a body from clay in the beginning is just the start.
Fear is an enemy, and because men greatly feared death, God sent His Son to partake of death, the next step being raised as a body without pain, death or sorrow.(Show and tell! We can see our future...if we believe in Him.)

To make THAT body, He started out with clay, and in the progression He will finish the creation in a perfect state, even as Jesus' resurrected body was perfect. It may seem to be taking a long while, but God is not limited by time; He's only been working a few days. With Him 1,000 years is but a day.

Some of us are partially finished clay 'pots' with lumps in us, and have to be re-worked. Be patient, He is still working on us.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#486818 Oct 31, 2013
When the Prince became a Catholic ... everyone was forced to become Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Slav Countries: Folk-lore of the forests

The gods of pagan Russia came to a sudden end in 988. Prince Vladimir decided to be baptized and returned to Kiev and gave command to overthrow the idols, to break these and those, to cast them into the flames. As for Perun, he had him fastened to the tail of a horse and dragged across the slope through Borytchevo right to the stream. He positioned 12 men to hit him with sticks, not that wood could feel anything, but as a way of mocking the Devil, who deceived men in this particular shape; let him therefore pay for his crime. Lord, thou art great and thy works are marvelous: worshipped by the people yesterday, and today put to shame! As the statue was dragged through the stream towards the Dnieper, the infidels shed tears upon it, for they had not yet received holy baptism.
Michael

Canada

#486819 Oct 31, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Does Johnny Depp count...lol just ask'n
See! Your normal.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#486820 Oct 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU KNOW what the scriptures mean ... and therefore "you" DO have that right ... RIGHT???
Arrogant fool!
I suggest you have given your imagination FAR too much leeway, and it took you on a wild and self-serving ride.
Within the theology why are you not honoring the one god by referring to him as Jehovah???
No June, i don't have the right to interpret the scriptures.
The Church upon which the scriptures came interprets it for me. I do not figure out my own Christianity.

Peter, our first Pope says in 2peter 1:20 "No Prophecy (or explanation)of scripture is done by private interpretation".

The individual fundie found a way around this problem by ordaining themselves a Bishop. Now they are 'authorized' to interpret it. lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#486821 Oct 31, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>MEEEE TOOOOO!!!! YOU are my life and my every breath. Without you I am nothing.You came into my life and showed me a love that I thought I would never have.You brought me to God when I turned away from him.You are my reason for living.Yes,I still see you as the tall handsome strong man that threw me up on the washer that day when I greeted you at the back door as you came home from work.In my eyes,you will never change but remain young and strong for your purest beauty is inside you.You will always be my knight riding on a white horse coming to take me to your castle...Love you with All my Being....x0x0x0
GOOD GRIEF ..BOTH OF YOU ...

I'm crying ..Wonderful ..both of you ..

God,keep you always,.

It was,God's,plan ...so obvious,

Nick helped heal your soul Rose .

And you have stood by Him..when his body needs,healing .

GOD KNOWS ALL ..And,is,so merciful ..

And,your live for each other is a beacon

God keep you both in he Pal of His,Hand ..And,MSKE His,face to shine on you always,
Michael

Canada

#486822 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
John Paul II was the one that was supposed to be elected. Cardinal Wotija was polish, the Roman curia was hesitant to elect him the first time around- even though everyone in the conclave knew it - they opted for the Italian John I. Although John I was by all accounts was a righteous man, the conclave chose him because they didn't let the Lord decide. They went with their political gut feeling. When he died after 30 days, everyone knew they went against the Spirit and immediately elected arguably the best Pope since St. Peter. Pope John Paul II was born to lead at that moment in time. God knew it but stubborn men in the conclave didn't.
That's from a great book on my book shelf that I can't remember the title of. Written by a Vatican insider at the time. The Holy Spirit DID elect JP II and thats the unanimous testimony of those who participated in the election
Liam says.......As a matter of fact I did go to prison. Twice.

Michael says.....Is that why you keep changing your name? Are you on the Lam right now?

You continually criticize me and I have never had a speeding ticket or parking ticket and you have been to prison at least TWICE!!

OMG!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 3 min LetsRoleplayThen 9
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min -KENTUCKY- 47,807
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 12 min WasteWater 2,010
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min VIKING 971,566
Wholesale Nike Kobe 11 Basketball Shoes on www.... 17 min nbakobe11 1
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr spinosaurus baryonyx 53,812
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 105,569
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web