Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600154 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#486388 Oct 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....
What a great laugh you have given me!!!!
Now, I can go and do my Honey-To-Do list for my wife....
LOL....that is great!!!
oh ...Good idea,..have to make mine for the day ..Lol
Liam

Jersey City, NJ

#486389 Oct 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Timothy 5:8
8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
Look what this scripture says, Clay....
PROVIDE not for his own......
SPECIALLY for those of his OWN HOUSE.....
He hath DENIED the FAITH....AND,
IS WORSE THAN AN INFIDEL....
First of all, don't tell me what the scriptures are saying. You may mean well, but you are just some guy in 21st century America with a Bible. You are not authorized to tell me what scriptures are saying. You ALSO are not authorized to explain what Paul means by 'providing'. To the modern fundie, i bet 'providing' means sending all your kids to college and making sure they have use of your cabin on the weekends. Lol

Forbidding artificial contraception is not saying we all should be having 19 kids btw.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486390 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:
"God teaches that husband and wife should fill one anothers sexual needs?" Wow.
Since you've determined that you'll decide for Christianity on the use of artificial contraception, I want to ask you what forms the Holy Spirit is telling you is ok....
Condoms? Morning after pill, abortion, surgery to prevent future life from happening??
What is ok and what is not?
Clay....I can't believe you didn't know this....

1 Corinthians 7:4-5

4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.

5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

I told you there are several reasons why God instituted marriage....

There is God's definition of marriage,

AND, then....

There is man's definition of marriage....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486391 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, don't tell me what the scriptures are saying. You may mean well, but you are just some guy in 21st century America with a Bible. You are not authorized to tell me what scriptures are saying. You ALSO are not authorized to explain what Paul means by 'providing'. To the modern fundie, i bet 'providing' means sending all your kids to college and making sure they have use of your cabin on the weekends. Lol
Forbidding artificial contraception is not saying we all should be having 19 kids btw.
Your argument is with the Word of God....you seem to NOT want to believe it....

And, NO, I don't believe in sex before marriage....

Study what God's definition of marriage is.....
Liam

Jersey City, NJ

#486392 Oct 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
One one scripture for you to study, Clay,
1 Corinthians 7:4-5
4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.
5 DO NOT deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
What the heck does that have to do with contraception? I like you, but you're acting like Confrint.... Throwing out Bible verses that don't really stick.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486393 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE:

i bet 'providing' means sending all your kids to college and making sure they have use of your cabin on the weekends.

Instead of staying with the Word of God, you have to divert to this....pretty pitiful.......
Liam

Jersey City, NJ

#486394 Oct 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that's a good place to start preaching your hatred against birth control. Go make that forum...
I would be very surprised if your Orthodox Bishop promoted the birth control pill.
Liam

Jersey City, NJ

#486395 Oct 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam
In a perfect world,I'd agree .
But sorry...there,is,a whole,society full of children and adults emulation their celebrity hero's,.
In my time girls, got in trouble ..by thinking it was true love ..
We're getting married,when you graduate ...why not ..we,love,each other . Blah blah . That from my Catholic boyfriend .
Bunch of baloney ...turned out o be lies,...BUT AT LEAST THERE WERE FEELINGS,INVOLVED .
TODAY they hook up..multiple partners .
And,with NO PROTECTION ...DISEASE..PREGNANCY. And. Millions of babies,ripped apart in their mothers,wombs ..Ruining Their very souls in the process
Now..which is,the greater evil....????
BAD sinful behaviour offends,GOD ..I agree .
Am I the only sinner here ??
A worse Sin is,killing ones,offspring ...or for a,man deciding to SIN to NOT PROTECT his partner ..
IMO
This imperfect world is our doing not Gods. Why should we further damn ourselves by telling Him that we'll decide when life should happen?
The Evangelicals have destroyed this society when it comes to the understanding of sex. Its recreational now. I blame myself for the things I did when I was younger, but i also think I was confused because of what everyone was saying was ok.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#486396 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be very surprised if your Orthodox Bishop promoted the birth control pill.
I said that I don't speak for my church...I speak for myself and I am leaving out my church....This is MY BEIELFS...NOT MY CHURCHES...SO LEAVE THE ORTHODOX CHURCH OUT OF IT...

Location hidden

#486397 Oct 30, 2013
I don't believe in the morning after pill either...I believe in protection before the act in it self...and whats wrong with IVF??? explain>>>

Location hidden

#486398 Oct 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Sera,
What's,new,...sigh.
I believe God is,in your marriage.
You two are great examples,for us,all ..plus,..You crack me up :)
Thank you Rose..on the crack me up..lol..I know god doesn't abandon us so yes he is in my marriage.So I guess this forum is about birth control now.
Liam

Jersey City, NJ

#486399 Oct 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument is with the Word of God....you seem to NOT want to believe it....
And, NO, I don't believe in sex before marriage....
Study what God's definition of marriage is.....
Don't pull that classic threat that protestants use,

"your argument is with the word of God"

Nooo, my argument is with your unauthorized interpretations of the word of God.

I say the pill, condoms, and surgery are deliberate attempts to prevent life from entering the world WHILE you are having sex. That's a sin.

You say, YOU'LL decide when life should enter, and it'll happen when YOUR ARE ready, and by the means that YOU determine..

The data is already in, truth. Open up your eyes and see why all of protestantland - only 80 yrs ago- sided with the Catholic Church on the subject. Look at what you guys created.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#486400 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Evangelicals have destroyed this society when it comes to the understanding of sex. Its recreational now. I blame myself for the things I did when I was younger, but i also think I was confused because of what everyone was saying was ok.
So it's the evangelicals fault and yet you did the samething when you where younger and your excuse is you were confused because everyone said it was ok.. you're a piece of work Clay.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#486401 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:
"God teaches that husband and wife should fill one anothers sexual needs?" Wow.
Since you've determined that you'll decide for Christianity on the use of artificial contraception, I want to ask you what forms the Holy Spirit is telling you is ok....
Condoms? Morning after pill, abortion, surgery to prevent future life from happening??
What is ok and what is not?
So, you have stopped having sex because the catholic church says so?

...... Isn't that itself a form of birth control? Shouldn't you just keep enjoying sex and having children instead of denying yourself the joy and excitment it brings to you and your spouse/friend?

We are sexual beings, I guess you are different.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#486402 Oct 30, 2013
Catholic (Universal) in Means and in Mission since the 1st Century

The Church is Catholic (meaning "universal") in two ways. First, the Church is universal because Christ "IS" the Church! It is HIS CHURCH!(Matthew 16) and Jesus HIMSELF is present in her (True body and True blood)!!! The (Universal Catholic Church is THE WORD OF GOD, made flesh, visible in HIS Church. The Church receives from Christ "the fullness of the means of salvation, the faith and the TRUTH"! In this fundamental sense, the Church was (Universally) Catholic on the day of Pentecost and will be so until Christ returns for the second time!!

Second, the Church is Catholic because she has a mission to the whole world, to bring ONE (and only one) Truth!!....... The People of God (while remaining one) must spread throughout the world to bring Jesus Christ (the True WORD OF GOD)to every generation! God made human nature one and now he decrees that all the scattered people be gathered together into "one body" (universally) under Jesus Christ, THE WORD OF GOD, made flesh!! By its gift of universality, the Church seeks the return of all humanity under Christ the Head of Church by HIS Earthly Appointed Representative as Bishop to lead the CHURCH as ALL Bishops have, for over 2000 years.(Second Vatican Council).
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#486403 Oct 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I said that I don't speak for my church...I speak for myself and I am leaving out my church....This is MY BEIELFS...NOT MY CHURCHES...SO LEAVE THE ORTHODOX CHURCH OUT OF IT...
Good response.....and the right response Seraphima!

Liam, or William or Clay, Claypool or whatever his name is......still likes being told how to live his life.

Location hidden

#486405 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>YYou don't understand, that Catholicism is about respecting life. Yes, i do hate sin such as birth control, a lot of people say that birth control, abortion is the culture of death, of the devil. Many people even think of birth control as an anti Christ, in which it really is because it is anti Christ in every way. Respecting life IS in the teachings of the Catholic Church, this is a Catholic thread in a Catholic forum. You are protestant and don't understand .
Yes I do understand that you are willing to twist things, divert things and cause trouble all in the name of the Catholic Church. I stand firm when I say "You Are A Very Poor Example For Your Church.Calling me a Protestant is not offensive to me. It shows again what your intentions are..This is not a Birth control forum...this is a forum about THE CATHOLIC CHURCH CLAIMING TO BE THE TRUE CHURCH VATICAN SAYS....It is not a solely CATHOLIC ONLY FORUM....I hope this is helpful to you.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#486406 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I say the pill, condoms, and surgery are deliberate attempts to prevent life from entering the world WHILE you are having sex. That's a sin.
How many people, including catholics, on this forum fall into this category?

Are you prepared to tell this to your follow catholics...well go ahead Clay. The forum is yours. Tell them it's sin.

Location hidden

#486407 Oct 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
Catholic (Universal) in Means and in Mission since the 1st Century
The Church is Catholic (meaning "universal") in two ways. First, the Church is universal because Christ "IS" the Church! It is HIS CHURCH!(Matthew 16) and Jesus HIMSELF is present in her (True body and True blood)!!! The (Universal Catholic Church is THE WORD OF GOD, made flesh, visible in HIS Church. The Church receives from Christ "the fullness of the means of salvation, the faith and the TRUTH"! In this fundamental sense, the Church was (Universally) Catholic on the day of Pentecost and will be so until Christ returns for the second time!!
Second, the Church is Catholic because she has a mission to the whole world, to bring ONE (and only one) Truth!!....... The People of God (while remaining one) must spread throughout the world to bring Jesus Christ (the True WORD OF GOD)to every generation! God made human nature one and now he decrees that all the scattered people be gathered together into "one body" (universally) under Jesus Christ, THE WORD OF GOD, made flesh!! By its gift of universality, the Church seeks the return of all humanity under Christ the Head of Church by HIS Earthly Appointed Representative as Bishop to lead the CHURCH as ALL Bishops have, for over 2000 years.(Second Vatican Council).
Not CATHOLIC AS YOU KNOW IT TO BE TODAY AS YOUR CATHOLIC CHURCH...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#486408 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pull that classic threat that protestants use,
"your argument is with the word of God"
Nooo, my argument is with your unauthorized interpretations of the word of God.
You say, YOU'LL decide when life should enter, and it'll happen when YOUR ARE ready, and by the means that YOU determine..
The data is already in, truth. Open up your eyes and see why all of protestantland - only 80 yrs ago- sided with the Catholic Church on the subject. Look at what you guys created.
Claypool says........I say the pill, condoms, and surgery are deliberate attempts to prevent life from entering the world WHILE you are having sex. That's a sin.

Michael says.......being told NOT TO HAVE SEX is also a form to prevent life from starting.

If god created everything, why is it OK for you to eat chicken eggs instead of letting the eggs hatch into baby chicks? Aren't they forms of life terminated?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Dave Nelson 865,762
_____ ANTICHRIST on world stage _____ 1 min GlobalReport 1
The Christian Atheist debate 1 min Lbj 2,061
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 min NEWS-FLASH 177,616
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 min -Stray Dog 6,551
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min Aura Mytha 272,432
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 min New Jersey Devil 3,111
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 23 hr Victoria Bologna 7,504
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 23 hr andy 45
More from around the web