Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
469,181 - 469,200 of 536,848 Comments Last updated 30 min ago

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486222
Oct 29, 2013
 
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael" <quoted text>
....Just going back 150 years ago the basic knowledge of a cowboy or farmer was exceedingly limited. Turn the clock back 2,000 years imagine the knowledge or brain capacity of the common people then! Not very much, so it didn't take much for a David Copperfield person to claim all these miraculous things happened or were going to happen to make your life better, and as the stories were told the stories became bigger and more believable.
There is not one eye witness hand me down story of any miracles by any of the thousands that were supposedly miraclized. Not one story outside the scriptures by anyone of a Mary/Joseph, or 3 wise men, or miraculous birth, King Herod slaughtering infants, or crucifixion, or 3 nights in a tomb etc.
....something is wrong, that no one outside the scripture writers saw anything.
----------
You must be rather young. My history books told wonderful stories about our history; my children's history books were much the same. I began to see a tremendous difference around 1960; the books were being re-written to show a more secular picture.
In recent years it has gotten worse; our children's schoolbooks are beginning to glorify Islam, and one would believe that ISLAM BUILT AMERICA!
It is not a new concept. Satan attempted to re-write God's instructions to Adam and Eve. Our religious history has suffered much because of unbelievers who struggle constantly to erase it. Islam jihadists burned whole libraries in Christian countries.
I've been around long enough to see these things happening. Google 'Communism, Congressional Record, Jan. 10, 1963' and you will see the plan for 'taking America without a shot' written right there.(Apparently no one read it.) If you will read it, you can follow the 'plan' as it has been working over the past 50-60 years.
It is not that 'nothing' was written...it is more a matter of what has been erased.
KayMarie
Our own citizens,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward%E2%80%93...

And the oldest mosque seems,to date,to 1934

These are the,oldest STANDING CHURCHES

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_olde...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486223
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You shut your door on Christ. Christ started the One True Church.
Heres another ting..I don't think Christ would approve of the priest in his One true Church cussing up a storm and except it as normal because they came from farms. Christ went around spreading the word of God not cussing and making excuses for himself.HE SET AN EXAMPLE FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW..Have a nice day..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486224
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HuskerDu wrote:
Is this what a *born again* Christian believes? Rosesz
Ashburn, VA
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#274Thursday Oct 3
FOR TEENS
getting a college education is important.
Having a career ..important.if you want one .
As,long as,none of these choices cost a life in abortion
I'm on board ..
NO SEX ..only way to be sure .
But in this world of teens emulating their gross hero's
SEX SEX SEX
they need to know about contraception .
Ocean56
AOL
They need to know about contraception. Rially hard to be a Christian, we are supposed to know what is right and what is wrong, we are to follow Christs teachings. Christ wants the young kids to be pure and chaste. Parents are supposed to teach their children to be pure and chaste and not follow what every teen idol is doing. We are supposed to teach them that there are some things that are very wrong and not to do them even when they are popular. Looks like rose doesn't believe that, she thinks its okay for the teenagers to go and sin, to follow what is glamourous and sinfull. ROSE YOU ARE AN IRRESPONSABLE PARENT. YOU ARE DOING THE DEVIL'S WORK. Satan is very proud of you.
Grow up and STOP this nonsense....

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486225
Oct 29, 2013
 
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Hey.. why don't you stop wasting your time praying for me and report your selve to Topix as the person that is harassing and stacking Rose.it is clear that YOU are not the Christian you claim to be or your behavior would show it. You are constantly badgering Rose about her views on another forum and she has clearly stated that she wanted YOU to stop badgering her.You are a poor example again for the catholic church whom you claim to adore with such passion. Why don't you take your buddies advice and pray for yourself to become a better person.I will back her up each and every time you attack her and so will many others on this forum.You attempt to discredit her is not working and only makes you look pitiful.You need to practice what you preach.You clear make all others on this forum who are catholic look bad with your personal attacks on Rose.
THANKS,SERA,

This nonsense,happens a,when I don't post all day ..I was,busy

Dragging off topic posts,from.one forum to another ..who knows if she,changed words,or not like she did here ..IN THIS,thread

And I don't care,..it's,pure,harassment ...
Great way to get a,point across,about her devotion to her Church..

I was not a,perfect mom..But I'm proud of how my child turned out ..great lady ..mom.And daughter ...And loves,God as,I do ..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486226
Oct 29, 2013
 
HuskerDu wrote:
Now what kind of good Christian teaches their children immoral acts are okay in case you can't control yourself, why rosey of course! Madam Kindle
Since: Jun 13
1,149
Location hidden
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#28Jul 6, 2013
Ok girls and guys some advice from a friend.
We are some people who want to help teens ..Because we have been teens ourselves ...this is from a friend of mine
Because of a lack of education on how to use them, plain and simple.
Did you know that taking certain herbal remidies can affect BC? Antibiotics can render it useless? Alchohol can do the same?
Did you know that certain lubricants can affect condoms? Or that older condoms can be less than useless?
Did you know that there are girls and women out there that think they only have to take a few BC pills to prevent pregnancy? That douching after sex will prevent pregnancy? That douching with BLEACH will prevent it?
Did you know that there are boys and men that think a baggie or saran wrap will substitue for a condom?
Did you know that getting tubes tied or vascectomy STILL carries a small risk of pregnancy?
Did you know that IDIOTS spread the MYTH that if you DONT have sex during ONLY the fertile time of the month, you can't get pregnant, when in FACT, sperm can live up to 14 days?
And this doesn't take into account all the dozens of other myths like "pulling out" works, or "you cant get pregnant the first time".
it works for women and men that use it ONE HUNDRED PERCENT correctly, and even THEN stuff happens .
Theses are a bit of help ..But another friend has posted somethin g of much more use.
I myself suffered a teen pregnancy ..I gave my son for adoption it was,not easy .
Back then there were no methods of BC or sexed available .
Anyway we are hoping to help . Birth control is not what Christ wants us to use, rose. Birth control teaches people to be selfish, how to lie and not to trust and birth control such as the pill causes abortion. Rose, you are teaching immorality.
Acting like a teenager.....

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486227
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Q.Isn't confession to a priest an option? If you're sincerely sorry for your sins and confess them in your own heart, aren't you already forgiven?

A. The power to forgive sins was one Christ gave to his apostles (Luke 10:16; 2 Cor. 5:18-20). After he rose from the dead Christ said to the apostles, "'As the Father has sent me, so I send you.' And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them,'Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained'" (John 20:22-23).

We can be truly sorry for our sins--that is essential for forgiveness--but we can't forgive our own sins. We can't absolve ourselves. That is a power reserved to God alone. Through Christ that power was conferred on his apostles and their successors, the bishops, and their helpers, the priests. Confession is not an option. It is the ordinary (normative) means through which sins are forgiven.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486228
Oct 29, 2013
 
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="doug" <quoted text> read John 3:13 nobody goes to heaven
----------
READ! "No man (HAS) gone up to heaven..." It doesn't say that 'no man WILL'. The Bible clearly promises otherwise.
No man COULD go there until Jesus opened the Door...
KayMarie
No man, as in, an adult male human. A human regardless of sex or age; a person, has ever, will never, set foot in Heaven,nor Hell.

The Christian doctrine of immortality cannot be understood apart from the right conception of the tripartite nature of men. Many think that man is a physical being only. There is a great danger of any man thinking thus of himself. In his desire to satisfy the needs of the body there is the tendency on man’s part to lose sight of the fact that he is immortal. There have been persons who have lived all of their lives either in ignorance or willful neglect of a life after death, but upon their death-bed they suddenly realized that they were more than physical beings.

There is an idea also that prevails largely today that man consists of only two component parts: namely, body and spirit. In the thinking of the writer this view appears to be one that might create confusion in the minds of any Christians. While soul and spirit are so closely related that it is sometimes difficult to distinguish accurately between them, there seems to be only one logical conclusion: namely, that “soul” and “spirit” are not the same. The Bible does make a distinction.

Man is a triune being because he is created in the image of God.“God said, Let us make man in Our image”(Genesis 1:26). We know that God is a Trinity. The Holy Trinity is clearly set forth in the Apostle Paul’s benediction that closed his Second Corinthian Epistle:“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen”(2 Corinthians 13:14). Our Lord Himself said, in what we call “The Great Commission”:“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost”(Matthew 28:19). Created in the image of God, man is likewise a trinity. He has a spiritual nature that is separate and distinct from the body in which it dwells.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486229
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Dinner time, have a fabulous evening!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486230
Oct 29, 2013
 
who="BenAdam" <quoted text>
Yet there isn't single document written by Peter in the Entire Bible.
You all follow Paul, no one else... even Protestants.

----------

Peter wrote I and II Peter. Try reading them...
KM

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486231
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Acting like a teenager.....
:)
Thanks

My fault I guess,for trying to impart a,bit of wisdom born out of my own pain as,a,young teen .

Though had,I wanted to share that here,I would have .

No wonder young girls,STILL feel as,they do if GOOD CATHOLICS, like we can TRY to shame them decades,later ....as,she just did ..

GOD,IS,WONDERFUL and can miraculously bring great joy out of sorrow,and,secrecy.

Something that ACTUALLY brought me on Topix...to try to talk any one even thinking of aborting NOT TO ....yes we feel pain ..But it's,not worth a,life .

People who shame other people for their problems should be ashamed themselves ..IMO.

Parents,are,supposed to sacrifice for their children I DID ..
And,I thank God always,I do not abort my child .
Through God's,Grace and a,whole bunch of little ..big mirAcles,

I met my son...went to his,wedding ...And am Grammy to his,little girl .

So knit ..your bringing my business Here ..IS,a chance to show GODS,INFINITE MERCY ..to a,sinner ..

HAPPY?????

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486232
Oct 29, 2013
 
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Acting like a teenager.....
Sorry ..last post should Have gone directly to HUSKER ..

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486233
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

HuskerDu wrote:
Now what kind of good Christian teaches their children immoral acts are okay in case you can't control yourself, why rosey of course! Madam Kindle
Since: Jun 13
1,149
Location hidden
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#28Jul 6, 2013
Ok girls and guys some advice from a friend.
We are some people who want to help teens ..Because we have been teens ourselves ...this is from a friend of mine
Because of a lack of education on how to use them, plain and simple.
Did you know that taking certain herbal remidies can affect BC? Antibiotics can render it useless? Alchohol can do the same?
Did you know that certain lubricants can affect condoms? Or that older condoms can be less than useless?
Did you know that there are girls and women out there that think they only have to take a few BC pills to prevent pregnancy? That douching after sex will prevent pregnancy? That douching with BLEACH will prevent it?
Did you know that there are boys and men that think a baggie or saran wrap will substitue for a condom?
Did you know that getting tubes tied or vascectomy STILL carries a small risk of pregnancy?
Did you know that IDIOTS spread the MYTH that if you DONT have sex during ONLY the fertile time of the month, you can't get pregnant, when in FACT, sperm can live up to 14 days?
And this doesn't take into account all the dozens of other myths like "pulling out" works, or "you cant get pregnant the first time".
it works for women and men that use it ONE HUNDRED PERCENT correctly, and even THEN stuff happens .
Theses are a bit of help ..But another friend has posted somethin g of much more use.
I myself suffered a teen pregnancy ..I gave my son for adoption it was,not easy .
Back then there were no methods of BC or sexed available .
Anyway we are hoping to help . Birth control is not what Christ wants us to use, rose. Birth control teaches people to be selfish, how to lie and not to trust and birth control such as the pill causes abortion. Rose, you are teaching immorality.
My fault I guess,for trying to impart a,bit of wisdom born out of my own pain as,a,young teen .

Though had,I wanted to share that here,I would have ...Knit

No wonder young girls,STILL feel as,they do if GOOD CATHOLICS, like YOU can TRY to shame them decades,later ....as,YOU just did ..

HOWEVER
GOD,IS,WONDERFUL and can miraculously bring great joy out of sorrow,and,secrecy.

Something that ACTUALLY brought me on Topix.WHICH YOU KNOW,
..to try to talk any one even thinking of aborting NOT TO ....yes we feel pain ..But it's,not worth a,life .

People who shame other people for their problems should be ashamed themselves ..IMO.

Parents,are,supposed to sacrifice for their children I DID ..
And,I thank God always,I do not abort my child .

Through God's,Grace and a,whole bunch of little ..big mirAcles,
I met my son...went to his,wedding ...And am Grammy to his,little girl .
So knit ..your bringing my business Here ..IS,a chance to show GODS,INFINITE MERCY ..to a,sinner ..

You said,once how, SELFISH I was to give up my child ......breaking my heart in the process,
Well anything is better than abortion ..And yes,..early sex,is,bad ...ABORTION WORSE,...And,YES,I'm.for contraception ..You bet

HAPPY?????...hope you do better on those,girls,you supposedly counsel.

Or will you do as,you just did to me ???
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486234
Oct 29, 2013
 
StarC wrote:
Q.Isn't confession to a priest an option? If you're sincerely sorry for your sins and confess them in your own heart, aren't you already forgiven?
A. The power to forgive sins was one Christ gave to his apostles (Luke 10:16; 2 Cor. 5:18-20). After he rose from the dead Christ said to the apostles, "'As the Father has sent me, so I send you.' And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them,'Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained'" (John 20:22-23).
We can be truly sorry for our sins--that is essential for forgiveness--but we can't forgive our own sins. We can't absolve ourselves. That is a power reserved to God alone. Through Christ that power was conferred on his apostles and their successors, the bishops, and their helpers, the priests. Confession is not an option. It is the ordinary (normative) means through which sins are forgiven.
Except for billions of Chinese and Hindus.

Good thing you weren't born into a Hindu family.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486235
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry ..last post should Have gone directly to HUSKER ..
Not a problem....

We MUST move forward in Christ Jesus....

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486236
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Heres another ting..I don't think Christ would approve of the priest in his One true Church cussing up a storm and except it as normal because they came from farms. Christ went around spreading the word of God not cussing and making excuses for himself.HE SET AN EXAMPLE FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW..Have a nice day..
Very true .

And I never ever taught my child immoral actsz..by the,Way..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486237
Oct 29, 2013
 
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
THANKS,SERA,
This nonsense,happens a,when I don't post all day ..I was,busy
Dragging off topic posts,from.one forum to another ..who knows if she,changed words,or not like she did here ..IN THIS,thread
And I don't care,..it's,pure,harassment ...
Great way to get a,point across,about her devotion to her Church..
I was not a,perfect mom..But I'm proud of how my child turned out ..great lady ..mom.And daughter ...And loves,God as,I do ..
The is no such thing as a perfect mom but we raise our kids as best as we can and pray that they turn out well.We can only go so far, the rest is up to them.It is not only disgusting but it is an obsession with her to discredit you in the name of the Catholic church. Thats what is sickening. Dragging her church down for her own personal satisfaction.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486238
Oct 29, 2013
 
Did they have trunk=tru.nk as nos n.os/?
or
they have dinner with sticks as korea or japanesee or chinesee..hahaha as you can read faith..

how you can wrote word faith with sticks letters
see western side WA..see secrets..

i am not going wrote more
entire tripocal line as well others under alfabetic letters from deference languagwe..

i need start my project now on certain place with certain position so so so tiny things..o yes can control ebtire woerld as well destroy..

Are you for sure..this owfull pride world is not all as in within..much more futher..

yeeeeeee

is that crime tell them who they are
noooooooooo

how many corupt documents they wrote about others..many many many without end..

pray for that day..
all of them going be destroy

jeeeeee smart evil peopleeeeeeeeeee

by

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486239
Oct 29, 2013
 
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true .
And I never ever taught my child immoral actsz..by the,Way..
Rose...I feel so bad for you and many others on this forum feel the same.We all made mistakes as teenagers and hopefully we learn from them. Some never learned and still to this day act like they never grew up.You grew up! Hold you head up high girl,you did the right thing. Never regret a mistake if you learned from it regret them if you repeat them....God Bless you and love you!

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486240
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>The is no such thing as a perfect mom but we raise our kids as best as we can and pray that they turn out well.We can only go so far, the rest is up to them.It is not only disgusting but it is an obsession with her to discredit you in the name of the Catholic church. Thats what is sickening. Dragging her church down for her own personal satisfaction.
Thanks,Sera,..one of the great things,about This,forum is the friends,I've made ..your the tops,!!! Kiddo ..lol
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486241
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The False Prophet will likely come from the Vatican. And when you look at the signs of the end-times, one might believe that the current Pope is the leading candidate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

521 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 3 min Connexon 657
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Porkpie Hat 259,051
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min trifecta1 599,512
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 16 min shyam 937
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Stilgar Fifrawi 729,511
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Aura Mytha 225,572
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 25 min WasteWater 4,241
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 48 min CALYPS017 117,725
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Freebird USA 172,886
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••