Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653571 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#486526 Oct 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within your HOLY theology ... your god aborts fetuses by miscarriages and that makes HIM a murderer by choice.
So I suggest you don't knock women who have abortions, as women are not expected to be as holy as a perfect god that in turn aborts his own fetuses.
Silly stuff indeed!
Well, there are at least a few appropriate responses to your remark, June. One of them being that it is God who gives life, and God who takes it away. We are not God...although many try to be.

Having a child is not a right; it's a gift from God. The end does not justify the means, either in seeking that gift or in refusing it.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#486527 Oct 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think their grand,child to be,intrinsically evil ??
Because,we came from.IVF??
I know,I wasn't going to comment on your posts,. But that's,just a,bit over the top..
Especially since they will implant all of the embryos,....not throw them away or have them used for experiments,..THAT IS,WRONG .
But that little girl is,just as,much God's,child as anyone born .
It sounds like you're unaware of what the process of IVF entails. Do you know what fetal reduction is? I suggest you do some research before you speak again on the matter. But be prepared, it isn't pretty. The Church does not condemn IVF just because she wants to wield power over her adherents. THAT particular belief is what is over the top. It's not a man-made decision, it never was.

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#486528 Oct 30, 2013
Their intentions always were to see their own side of the issue. They were HOLY and others were EVIL.

And nothing has changed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

Although the voluntary self-sacrifice of the Christian martyrs of the heroic centuries was held to be admirable, the Albigensians who marched joyfully to the stake were granted no merit, since their audacity was held to be inspired by the devil: Their acts were identical, but the souls of the early Christian martyrs were saved, while those of the Albigensian heretics were damned.

Kitwanga, Canada

#486529 Oct 30, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there are at least a few appropriate responses to your remark, June. One of them being that it is God who gives life, and God who takes it away. We are not God...although many try to be.
Having a child is not a right; it's a gift from God. The end does not justify the means, either in seeking that gift or in refusing it.
YOUR theology is not holy from my point of view. You are very judgmental of women who have abortions ... but your image of god is HOLY to you ... although he does nothing to save the fetuses in the wombs of women who miscarry without having abortions.

Your religious preaching is silly!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#486530 Oct 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="confrinting with the word"]who="Oxbow " <quoted text>
sec try..
Quoting random Scripture that pertains not to the current thread is about as low as a person can get...
Fact remains:
Judaism: The monotheistic religion of the Jews, tracing its origins to Abraham and having its spiritual and ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Hebrew Scriptures and the Talmud.
Christianity: The Christian religion, founded on the life and teachings of Jesus.
If you need additional elucidating...I am here for you....or you can continue your silly prattle in the hopes that you will somehow save face...
~~~
You wrote
Quoting random Scripture that pertains not to the current thread is about as low as a person can get...
It is impossible to quote scripture that is not connected..ONE WAY OR ANOTHER..
THE WHOLE BIBLE IS AS A WOVEN SHEET...of fine material
THE WARP AND THE WOOF threads ALL TOUCH EACH OTHER TO COMPLETE THE FINISHED PRODUCT which is called the WEFT...
YOU TREAT THE WORD OF GOD AS IF IT IS A TATTERED RAG..
Pulling out first one thread and then another...disregarding the continuity of the word of God...
Now that is so low that you have to reach up to touch bottom...
You evidently have no concept of the power of the complete word of God
and it's ability as a whole to fulfill GOD'S WORD WHICH PROMISES...
Php_4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
AND REMAIN A SPIRITUAL PAUPER.
You started with putting one foot in your mouth...now you have both!!!!!

Your erroneous statement has been proven so by the definitions of the two religions...Christ did originate Christianity...per Scripture..

Fact remains:

In the beginning was:
Judaism: The monotheistic religion of the Jews, tracing its origins to Abraham and having its spiritual and ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Hebrew Scriptures and the Talmud.

Later...much later was:
Christianity: The Christian religion, founded on the life and teachings of Jesus.

Admit your error and go on about your usual mishmash quoting Scripture.

Kitwanga, Canada

#486531 Oct 30, 2013
sec try..
Fact remains:
If you need additional elucidating...I am here for you....or you can continue your silly prattle in the hopes that you will somehow save face...
~~~
You wrote
THE WARP AND THE WOOF threads ALL TOUCH EACH OTHER TO COMPLETE THE FINISHED PRODUCT which is called the WEFT...
Pulling out first one thread and then another...disregarding the continuity of the word of God...
Php_4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
More preaching from the self-perceived HOLY Protestant, who refuses to use the original name for the one and only Abrahamic God JEHOVAH.

I suggest if Jesus was real ... he would tell you to knock off the Protestant stupidity and become a Jew ... faithful to Judaism.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#486532 Oct 30, 2013
sec try..
Fact remains:
~~~
You wrote
~~~

The anemic Church of today is a a stench in the nostrils of God...

They sing the song .."LEANING ON THE EVERLASTING ARMS. "

and say ""WITH GOD ALL THING S ARE POSSIBLE." ...

or "GOD CAN DO ANY THING BUT FAIL." YET IF THE POWER THAT THEY HAVE IN

CHRIST WAS DYNAMITE ,,They would not have enough to blow their noses..

Question..

IS IT NOT A WONDER THAT THE WORLD TURNS UP THEIR NOSES AT Christianity...

WHEN GOD DOES USE SOME ONE IN THE GIFTS OF HEALING OR PROPHECY...The nominal church jumps on them like a chicken on a June bug..

The liars deny the nine gifts of the Spirit that supposed to be in operation as the norm in God's real church...and attempt to expalain them away...

Mainly because

THEY DO NOT WANT TO PAY THE PRICE (OF A HOLY LIFE) THAT IT TAKES

TO HAVE THE SPIRITUAL GIFTS IN OPERATION AMONG THEM..SO THEY DENY THEM.

THE GIFT THAT SHOULD BE IN OPERATION IN GOD'S CHURCH ARE...

Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

1Co 12:5 And

there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

1Co 12:6 And

there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

1Co 12:7

But

the manifestation of the Spirit IS GIVEN TO EVERY MAN to profit withal.

1Co 12:8

1.For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom;

2.to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1Co 12:9

3.To another faith by the same Spirit;

4.to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1Co 12:10

5.To another the working of miracles;

6.to another prophecy;

7.to another discerning of spirits;

8.to another divers kinds of tongues;

9.to another the interpretation of tongues:

1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

IF YOU OR YOUR CHURCH CONDEMNS THOSE THAT ARE SO USED BY THE ABOVE GIFTS

SHAME ON YOU...

THEY ARE FOR THE EDIFICATION OF THE BODY OF CHRIST...

Kitwanga, Canada

#486533 Oct 30, 2013
I suggest that Mel Gibson suffers from an over-dose of religious enthusiasm of the negative brand.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The fact that Gibson is building a church in the hills near Los Angeles should come as no huge surprise.

The evil in the story, the priest said, is ''the modern church,'' whose wickedness will be dealt with on Judgment Day.

''The wiping out of our opposition must wait until harvest time,'' he concluded. It suddenly became clear why Gibson isn't worshiping with his fellow Catholic Martin Sheen down at Our Lady of Malibu.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/09/magazine/is...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#486534 Oct 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So if Jehovah chooses to believe that for not being a faithful Jew, you are not worth his loving attention ... that means you will spend eternity in Jewish Gehenna???
That's hardly good new for you hojo!
Like I told you before, "I'll take my chances" (only by the grace of God), with Salvation, faith and eternal life in Jesus Christ, manifested (in and through) His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. You can believe (or not believe) what you want! Your choice!!!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#486535 Oct 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR theology is not holy from my point of view. You are very judgmental of women who have abortions ... but your image of god is HOLY to you ... although he does nothing to save the fetuses in the wombs of women who miscarry without having abortions.
Your religious preaching is silly!
Actually I have a lot of compassion for women who've had an abortion. Many if not most suffer tremendous psychological and emotional damage, not to mention the physical consequences. I don't know why you equate presenting facts with being judgmental. For some women, that was the only child they were able to conceive. That's but one horror story. Why aren't we sufficiently appalled to bring a stop to this outrage? Why are we more concerned with being politically correct and not hurting people's feelings?

Kitwanga, Canada

#486536 Oct 30, 2013
Those that allow religion to "go to their heads" are many.

They tend to believe they are called on by a god to spread the one and only truth around the world, and in turn perceive that evil must be stamped into the ground by their ever-so-HOLY sermons.

Egotistical idiots in god-garb!!!

#486537 Oct 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
More preaching from the self-perceived HOLY Protestant, who refuses to use the original name for the one and only Abrahamic God JEHOVAH.
I suggest if Jesus was real ... he would tell you to knock off the Protestant stupidity and become a Jew ... faithful to Judaism.
~~~

I AM A JEW...

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Kitwanga, Canada

#486538 Oct 30, 2013
Everywhere you look in the religious market, there is an arrogant preacher on a pulpit trying to instill in others that the one and only truth came his-her way via mental telepathy from one or another god or goddess.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following.

At this time we aim; because it is our firm conviction that we, as a Protestant nation, have received our principles from God, and that he has assigned to us the sublime mission and the glorious destiny of making them universal.

Kitwanga, Canada

#486539 Oct 30, 2013
Tempter-tantrums couldn't relieve the pope of Martin Luther's will to marry a nun and in turn start the Protestant religion, where he in turn was lifted from the thankless position of a Catholic monk to the leader of a new prestigious religion that gave him the same idolatrous worship from other humans as were previously given to the pope.

That must have cut the pope deeper than a knife.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following……

When the Christian alliance was formed to extend the principles of religious liberty into all lands, Pope Gregory XVI., in an encyclical letter to all patriarchs, primates, archbishops, and bishops, issued May 8, 1844, denounced and slandered with the utmost virulence the whole doctrine of religious liberty, as hostile to the very fundamental elements of the Papacy, as well as of civil despotisms in general. He slandered it under the name of “indifference in religion.” The same pope also, in 1832, declared “that liberty of conscience is a most pestilential error,” and “that unbridled liberty of opinion is THAT PEST OF ALL OTHERS MOST TO BE DREADED IN THE STATE.” He also denounced “that worst and never to be sufficiently EXECRATED AND DETESTED LIBERTY OF THE PRESS.”
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#486540 Oct 30, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>This appears to be a contradiction. If the Church's position on contraception is based in large part on the purpose of marriage is procreation and a married couple cant procreate,they would be fulfilling God's purpose of marriage through IVF. t also would further God's purpose of marriage in making them a more loving Godly union.
Not so, Nick. God already established the form upon which life shall enter this world. Perhaps a married couple who can't conceive a child have a different calling than you and me.
This isn't just the Catholic Church's position either. Its also the Orthodox Church position too. I find it comforting to see how time and time again, your Bishops side with the CC.

#486541 Oct 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that Mel Gibson suffers from an over-dose of religious enthusiasm of the negative brand.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
The fact that Gibson is building a church in the hills near Los Angeles should come as no huge surprise.
The evil in the story, the priest said, is ''the modern church,'' whose wickedness will be dealt with on Judgment Day.
''The wiping out of our opposition must wait until harvest time,'' he concluded. It suddenly became clear why Gibson isn't worshiping with his fellow Catholic Martin Sheen down at Our Lady of Malibu.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/09/magazine/is...
~~~

I don't see Mel Gibson here in this forum posting anti Christian enthusiasm such as June VanDerMark is..

YOUR O.D. OF ANTI-CHRIST CAN BE FATAL TO YOUR NEVER DYING SOUL

BEST STOP YOU FOOLISHNESS AND REPENT...

Kitwanga, Canada

#486542 Oct 30, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I AM A JEW...
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
It remains to be seen which scriptures you choose next to perceive your self as being aligned to Jesus.

Hahahahahahahaha

I suggest you keep in mind that unless Jews become Christians, they aren't allowed in Christian heaven. So that means that Jesus and his daddy Jehovah aren't allowed entry.

Heaven is empty!!!... OH I forgot ... Jerry Falwell is up there somewhere, and I'll bet he still hasn't shut up with his nonsensical blather of hot air either.

Location hidden

#486543 Oct 30, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
The anemic Church of today is a a stench in the nostrils of God...
They sing the song .."LEANING ON THE EVERLASTING ARMS. "
and say ""WITH GOD ALL THING S ARE POSSIBLE." ...
or "GOD CAN DO ANY THING BUT FAIL." YET IF THE POWER THAT THEY HAVE IN
CHRIST WAS DYNAMITE ,,They would not have enough to blow their noses..
Question..
IS IT NOT A WONDER THAT THE WORLD TURNS UP THEIR NOSES AT Christianity...
WHEN GOD DOES USE SOME ONE IN THE GIFTS OF HEALING OR PROPHECY...The nominal church jumps on them like a chicken on a June bug..
The liars deny the nine gifts of the Spirit that supposed to be in operation as the norm in God's real church...and attempt to expalain them away...
Mainly because
THEY DO NOT WANT TO PAY THE PRICE (OF A HOLY LIFE) THAT IT TAKES
TO HAVE THE SPIRITUAL GIFTS IN OPERATION AMONG THEM..SO THEY DENY THEM.
THE GIFT THAT SHOULD BE IN OPERATION IN GOD'S CHURCH ARE...
Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:5 And
there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Co 12:6 And
there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Co 12:7
But
the manifestation of the Spirit IS GIVEN TO EVERY MAN to profit withal.
1Co 12:8
1.For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom;
2.to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9
3.To another faith by the same Spirit;
4.to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10
5.To another the working of miracles;
6.to another prophecy;
7.to another discerning of spirits;
8.to another divers kinds of tongues;
9.to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
IF YOU OR YOUR CHURCH CONDEMNS THOSE THAT ARE SO USED BY THE ABOVE GIFTS
SHAME ON YOU...
THEY ARE FOR THE EDIFICATION OF THE BODY OF CHRIST...
Take some salt and pepper...season your following words and eat them...digest them well..double flush them..you are making a complete fool of yourself...

Your words: Jesus brought no 'new' religion.

YTube

Marietta, GA

#486544 Oct 30, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

Kitwanga, Canada

#486545 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
God already established the form upon which life shall enter this world.
Did you know that one or another god thought so little of humans ... that for millions of years humans didn't exist on earth??? Just other animals were worthy of those gods and goddesses' attentions.

I just received that message from on high! I think it was the manure pile that landed on the ground from the neighbor's "bull-sh*t!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 63,257
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 3 min prbentley 102
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 6 min lucky 13
Poll Which is the strongest Muslim army? (Jan '11) 8 min Turks 355
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 9 min Eagle 12 9,359
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Gabriel 973,531
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min crucifiedguy 281,808
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Steve III 618,740
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 4 hr Eduardo 42
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr DebraE 106,460