Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646472 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#486504 Oct 30, 2013
Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

In the late fourteenth century the jurist Jean le Coq declared that if a cleric put an end to his days, his corpse must be handed over to the local bishop, even if the suicide had been in possession of his senses. He added, speaking of a prior of Sainte-Croix who had just committed suicide,“He should not have been hanged, because he was a priest.” In 1412 a typical case occurred in Rouen: Jean Mignot, a cleric, hanged himself. To stifle scandal the judge of the diocesan court (official) gave orders for his body to be buried in the cemetery by night. This was done, but when the affair was discovered, the body had to be disinterred and the cemetery, which had been polluted, had to be reconsecrated. The body was reburied in unconsecrated ground, but the corpse was not dragged or hanged.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#486505 Oct 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had a living child that was suffering from disease that I thought could be saved by stem-cell research, I would want them to use aborted embryos to find a cure. And I believe most parents would feel the same.
I suggest we stop being self-righteous and try to be more realistic.
Thus far there have been no actual cures due to embryonic stem cell therapy. However, adult stem cells have produced favorable results. Don't be so quick to buy into what the highly controlled media would like you to believe.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#486506 Oct 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree with you on that.
And I pray it works,well again for your dAughter ...

Kitwanga, Canada

#486507 Oct 30, 2013
I suggest it was the nonsensical theology of Catholicism that was driving the priests to commit suicide.

Imagine being taught that a god loves everybody ... yet if they don't love him, he has a special place allotted for them in hell, where they will burn for eternity.

Having to teach that utter nonsense was and is enough to drive any preacher nuttier than a fruitcake and in turn take his own life.

What a tragedy!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#486508 Oct 30, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Procreation is not the only purpose of marital intimacy, the Church does not teach that it is.
In vitro fertilization involves intrinsic evil:
http://old.usccb.org/prolife/programs/rlp/98r...
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/08/28/a-catholic...
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/08/28/a-catholic...
And probably the most enlightening and prophetic:
http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/paul_vi/enc...
So you think their grand,child to be,intrinsically evil ??
Because,we came from.IVF??

I know,I wasn't going to comment on your posts,. But that's,just a,bit over the top..

Especially since they will implant all of the embryos,....not throw them away or have them used for experiments,..THAT IS,WRONG .

But that little girl is,just as,much God's,child as anyone born .
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#486510 Oct 30, 2013

Kitwanga, Canada

#486511 Oct 30, 2013
If people were taught to use birth control to downsize families, there would at least be less starvation and misery in the world.

But many times people believe that if they use birth control they offend a god.

How silly is the idea that a god WANTS more sinners to be born into sin so that the god has to then decide whether or not they are worthy of saving for the reward of eternal bliss ... or spend eternity in hell???

And if a god wanted all fetuses to become babies ... not one woman would ever have a miscarriage or give birth to a dead baby.

Ridiculous blather!

Kitwanga, Canada

#486513 Oct 30, 2013
Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

It was usually Christian persecution that drove the Jews to suicide, particularly in the periods of general excitement preceding and during the crusades. This was the case in Mainz in 1065, as the chronicler Albert d’Aix tells us:

The Jews, seeing the Christians take up arms as enemies against them and their children with no respect for the weakness of old age, armed themselves as well against one another, against their co-religionists, against their wives, their children, their mothers, and their sisters, and massacred one another. It was horrible! Mothers grasped knives to cut the throats of their nursing babes, and they knifed their other children as well, preferring to destroy themselves by their own hands rather than succumb under the blows of the uncircumcised.

Kitwanga, Canada

#486514 Oct 30, 2013
If you wonder why I have no respect for any religion ... wonder no more.

Studying religious history and the utter stupidity of human behavior has left nothing but a foul impression in my psyche.

They were blood-thirsty brutes in god-garbs.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#486515 Oct 30, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Move past the words and understand their meanings
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is double-talk.
We are all stuck in the meanings WE inject into words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.
General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.
Believe as you will and do.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#486516 Oct 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had Jesus lived I suggest he would not have been a nice man. He would have claimed that only those who followed his own religion would be saved and that would have equated him as a leader of just another religious cult.
He would also have supported the idea that those who didn't obey his commands (not requests) deserved to be burned for eternity in a fiery hell.
If that is love ... I don't want any part in it whatsoever.
Where-ever did you come up with this hypothesis?

Please show where Jesus is quoted at saying what you do?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#486517 Oct 30, 2013
“IVF has resulted in the ending of the lives of millions of embryonic children, outnumbering over 20-fold the number of children born following IVF.” Those who don’t regard embryos as human beings can live with these figures; for those of us who see the technique as involving the wanton destruction of human life on a huge scale, they are a sobering statistic.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#486518 Oct 30, 2013
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
sec try..
Quoting random Scripture that pertains not to the current thread is about as low as a person can get...
Fact remains:
Judaism: The monotheistic religion of the Jews, tracing its origins to Abraham and having its spiritual and ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Hebrew Scriptures and the Talmud.
Christianity: The Christian religion, founded on the life and teachings of Jesus.
If you need additional elucidating...I am here for you....or you can continue your silly prattle in the hopes that you will somehow save face...

----------
God is forever the same. He did not make two separate religions for Jews and Gentiles.

Both O.T. and N.T. proclaim that "the just shall live by faith (in God)." The O.T. presents holy commandments, seen as 'law', in order to make men see that are not fulfilling the law, neither can they, because of the flesh (all have sinned/are sinners). The N.T. fulfills the law by revealing that God is love, and FORGIVES OUR TRESPASSES.

My 'face' needs no saving.

KayMarie

Kitwanga, Canada

#486519 Oct 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT IS,WRONG .
I suggest that is you try to understand that what seems wrong to you by your indoctrination, seems right to another by his/her indoctrination ... you will understand that humans have "concepts" of truth ... and concepts might be miles off the mark of solid truth ... even if such a thing as solid truth exists ... which is also simply a conceptual issue with no solid answer.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#486520 Oct 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think their grand,child to be,intrinsically evil ??
Because,we came from.IVF??
I know,I wasn't going to comment on your posts,. But that's,just a,bit over the top..
Especially since they will implant all of the embryos,....not throw them away or have them used for experiments,..THAT IS,WRONG .
But that little girl is,just as,much God's,child as anyone born .
I have no idea who you're talking about.
Why don't you try reading the links instead of just throwing out your own uninformed opinions.

Yes, it is intrinsically evil to take a life, rose:

"Unspoken is that most human beings created in the laboratory will die before even given a chance. It is commonly estimated that only one in six embryos created following IVF will make it to birth. However, the numbers published by Britain’s Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority may be more accurate. In July of 2011 Britain announced that for every child born by IVF thirty embryos were created.

This means that for a typical couple seeking IVF, somewhere between five and thirty of their children died so they could give birth to one. On a world-wide scale, this means that 30-150 million children have died because of IVF."

These are facts, rose. If you've been ordered not to respond to them, fine. It's of no concern to me. But I will keep presenting them. They are not my personal opinions. God makes the calls, not I.

Kitwanga, Canada

#486521 Oct 30, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
“IVF has resulted in the ending of the lives of millions of embryonic children, outnumbering over 20-fold the number of children born following IVF.” Those who don’t regard embryos as human beings can live with these figures; for those of us who see the technique as involving the wanton destruction of human life on a huge scale, they are a sobering statistic.
Within your HOLY theology ... your god aborts fetuses by miscarriages and that makes HIM a murderer by choice.

So I suggest you don't knock women who have abortions, as women are not expected to be as holy as a perfect god that in turn aborts his own fetuses.

Silly stuff indeed!

Kitwanga, Canada

#486522 Oct 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
sec try..
Quoting random Scripture that pertains not to the current thread is about as low as a person can get...
Fact remains:
Judaism: The monotheistic religion of the Jews, tracing its origins to Abraham and having its spiritual and ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Hebrew Scriptures and the Talmud.
Christianity: The Christian religion, founded on the life and teachings of Jesus.
If you need additional elucidating...I am here for you....or you can continue your silly prattle in the hopes that you will somehow save face...
----------
God is forever the same. He did not make two separate religions for Jews and Gentiles.
Both O.T. and N.T. proclaim that "the just shall live by faith (in God)." The O.T. presents holy commandments, seen as 'law', in order to make men see that are not fulfilling the law, neither can they, because of the flesh (all have sinned/are sinners). The N.T. fulfills the law by revealing that God is love, and FORGIVES OUR TRESPASSES.
My 'face' needs no saving.
KayMarie
The Protestant preacher returns to inform us how to be made over as a perfected Jew ... just like Jesus.

:)

Kitwanga, Canada

#486523 Oct 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Where-ever did you come up with this hypothesis?
Please show where Jesus is quoted at saying what you do?
I can come up with any hypothesis that I find pleasing to my emotions ... just as do you.

I don't believe Jesus existed. Myths are not real to me and that includes your favorite gnostic myths.

Kitwanga, Canada

#486524 Oct 30, 2013
Move past the words and understand their meanings
<quoted text>
Believe as you will and do.
That is my intention.

If I wanted to believe as you believe, I would believe I was a new age spiritual "leader."

You do believe that your self is "spirit" don't you ... and that you know what mental food "spirit" should be fed in order to improve "spirit's self?"

sarcasm intended

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#486525 Oct 30, 2013
who="confrinting with the word"]who="Oxbow " <quoted text>
sec try..

Fact remains:

~~~

You wrote

It is impossible to quote scripture that is not connected..ONE WAY OR ANOTHER..

THE WHOLE BIBLE IS AS A WOVEN SHEET...of fine material

THE WARP AND THE WOOF threads ALL TOUCH EACH OTHER TO COMPLETE THE FINISHED PRODUCT which is called the WEFT...

YOU TREAT THE WORD OF GOD AS IF IT IS A TATTERED RAG..

Pulling out first one thread and then another...disregarding the continuity of the word of God...

Now that is so low that you have to reach up to touch bottom...

You evidently have no concept of the power of the complete word of God

and it's ability as a whole to fulfill GOD'S WORD WHICH PROMISES...

Php_4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

AND REMAIN A SPIRITUAL PAUPER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min RiversideRedneck 48,350
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 28 min KellyP_Onuandher 2,025
hookups gh.for everyone 35 min HOOKUPS FOR EVERYONE 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 36 min WasteWater 105,562
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 41 min KinkyForYou 66
Gay Skype 1 hr idkyuallgaggin 1
Dom/Sub curious? (Jun '13) 1 hr Nikki 38
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Journey 971,616
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Freebird USA 182,639
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 hr RiccardoFire 44,652
More from around the web