Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,458)

Showing posts 469,141 - 469,160 of513,254
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is a good idea, keeps people united in the fight against evil. also keeps God close to our hearts. If not for religion, no one today would know God or give Him praises, etc. Don't you think.
Some on these blogs tell of other gods before Jesus arrived on earth. If they were so great (nothing is except God) why are they not popular in todays world? Why doesn't anyone know of them?
You don't have to belong to a religion to believe in God. Do you REALLY! believe God intended mankind to be divided by hundreds of different beliefs, each one claiming they are MORE righteous than the others.

More than likely, you were born into your religious belief. Am I right?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
When good hearts receive this seed,(JESUS-Word of God) it grows and produces fruit.
Notice:
hearts receive this seed....Jesus-Word of God....
What happens when you receive the Word of God???
It GROWS and PRODUCES FRUIT......
Why would anyone need anything besides the Word of God???
Do you see it yet, HOJO?????
What I see is that you Protestant bible only (half-truth, half-heresy)"fundies " continue to distort and twist the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible along WITH "manipulating" over 2000 years of the Spoken, Stated and expressed words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF. The Word of God is NOT the bible alone, but it is Jesus Christ, the Word made "human flesh" that is manifested, in and through HIS (visible, heirarchical authoritative) Church with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons, "clearly revealed in Acts 20 and in Matthew 16:13-21....... Your Protestant bible only "man-made" editorialized doctrine of "spin the meaning" of bible verses is nothing more than a hodge-podge of over 42,000 contradicting (shallow and superficial) "interpretations of the bible" that was (NEVER BELIEVED BY ANYONE) until the 18th century.
For over 35 years, I was "duped" in to believing this "milk toast"
(half-truth)----Christianity that had little or "no depth" to ANY OF ITS "personal opinionated" beliefs.....The TRUTH of the TRUE WORD OF GOD and the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, has, is and will ALWAYS remain in and through Our Lords Apostolic Catholic Church. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, not 42,000 "relative (opinionated) truths! God is NOT nor ever will be the author of your 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent bible only confused and chaotic, interpretations of HIS WORD!!!! Do you "get it now" Truth!!!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I know all I need to know.
I'm American.
So you believe the American Wiccans that by witchcraft believe they can bring down the "holy" power of the goddess from the moon are "enlightened."

Okie Dokie!

:)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

doug wrote:
<quoted text> read John 3:13 nobody goes to heaven .
Doug...welcome...

Jesus asked, "Who has descended from heaven?"

Can anyone else make this claim??? NO!

ONLY Jesus has been there and came here (earth) to tell us about it.

Jesus went back to heaven to prepare a place for us (those who have been born again by OBEYING the Gospel of Jesus Christ.)

Jesus will be coming back!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is "nowhere" between heaven and hell--then "Why do you care anyway"!
Well, I don't want to be in Christian heaven with Jerry Falwell ... but it seems the only other option is to be in hell where I will have to continually watch the devil shoving more and more souls into the flames.

I mean to say ... can't god at least have a little bit of mercy for those who didn't get it right according to his expectations?That word forgiveness never seemed to have any meaning whatsoever for god.

What a shame that his invisible heart is so cold and his invisible brain is so judgmental! I suggest he should never have created his self as a model of holiness, as being perfect, he could have done a lot better.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Regina doesn't hate anyone.
GOOD ... she's learning how to be more like the devil, who simply obeys god's will and doesn't ask any questions whatsoever OF god.

Tongue in cheek
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I/we as Catholics will "continue" to follow the TRUTH of the TRUE, SPOKEN AND STATED WORDS of Jesus Christ HIMSELF,(which has been proven to be authentic for over 1700 years since when the bible was written, regarding HIS True Body and True Blood in the Eucharist in John 6:47-59. You, truth, can do and believe what you want, along with the rest of your 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent "bible only self-appointed interpreters (or better yet MIS-INTERPRETERS of the Bible. We as Catholics "know the TRUTH" and it is not in your 21st century (bible only (merry-go-round) spin the bible verse preachers).
The truth is this,The assumpsion af Mary...yes wether they mutter or peep,the whole world being in total and utter darkness, void of the truth: assumes everything Rome//Vatican// Pope teaches to be infallible truth, Including all protest (ants) for none read the scriptures for themselves but put their eternal lives in the hands of Luciferean Satanist who worship a dead woman.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
John the Baptist wasn't catholic either.
Well according to the mythology of the Jews, John was a faithful Jew. But according to the mythology of the Catholics John converted somewhere between the old testament and the new testament to in turn become a Catholic saint who then baptized Jesus.

It's not my fault if the theologians didn't choose to make their mentalities, and in turn, their pens, behave.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What I see is that you Protestant bible only (half-truth, half-heresy)"fundies " continue to distort and twist the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible along WITH "manipulating" over 2000 years of the Spoken, Stated and expressed words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF. The Word of God is NOT the bible alone, but it is Jesus Christ, the Word made "human flesh" that is manifested, in and through HIS (visible, heirarchical authoritative) Church with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons, "clearly revealed in Acts 20 and in Matthew 16:13-21....... Your Protestant bible only "man-made" editorialized doctrine of "spin the meaning" of bible verses is nothing more than a hodge-podge of over 42,000 contradicting (shallow and superficial) "interpretations of the bible" that was (NEVER BELIEVED BY ANYONE) until the 18th century.
For over 35 years, I was "duped" in to believing this "milk toast"
(half-truth)----Christianity that had little or "no depth" to ANY OF ITS "personal opinionated" beliefs.....The TRUTH of the TRUE WORD OF GOD and the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, has, is and will ALWAYS remain in and through Our Lords Apostolic Catholic Church. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, not 42,000 "relative (opinionated) truths! God is NOT nor ever will be the author of your 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent bible only confused and chaotic, interpretations of HIS WORD!!!! Do you "get it now" Truth!!!
HOJO,

You argument is NOT with me...

Your argument is between the Word of God and your man-made doctrine....

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is a good idea, keeps people united in the fight against evil.
Did you forget that Jehovah ... Jesus' ONLY father "created evil?"

I suggest you don't knock evil until you ask the one and only Abrahamic god "why" he chose to create evil, as he might get cranky and punish you for judging him.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Isaiah 45:7 ASV

American Standard Version

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus HIMSELF said "My body is (REAL FOOD) and my blood is (REAL DRINK). You, Truth, are a typical "bible only ---21 century "distorting of over 2000 year of biblical and historical TRUTH" Protestant, who just "makes things up" in order to fit your anti-catholic (distorted opinions)! The fact is that the overwhelming "vast majority" of highly accredited Church Historians, Theologians and Apologistic authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant) "who have studied and researched this subject and know a (great deal more than you will EVER know, debunk and refute your "ridiculous editorialized conclusions"! Get a TRUE Church history lesson instead of relying upon your "modern day" bible only "hack" preachers) and then "get back to me" You have absolutely "no idea"as to what you are talking about, which doesn't surprise ANY of us Catholics!!!!
You believe the holy spirit inspired the bible writers to write gods word that started a new religion.

.......Maybe after 1500 years the holy spirit returned and inspired Luther to leave the catholic church and start a new religion, because corruption, and deceit were getting God upset within the catholic belief. You are not always right HOJO.

155 million protestants in the USA the greatest country in the world, and only 68 million catholics, most who don't even practive their faith.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

doug wrote:
<quoted text> The truth is this,The assumpsion af Mary...yes wether they mutter or peep,the whole world being in total and utter darkness, void of the truth: assumes everything Rome//Vatican// Pope teaches to be infallible truth, Including all protest (ants) for none read the scriptures for themselves but put their eternal lives in the hands of Luciferean Satanist who worship a dead woman.
Hojo rad further, along with the venerable "
day of the sun" (Sun-day) and the human representative of the day oj the (sun god)/lucefer/horis/(pontifax Maximus) directly fromBabylon
mystory religion starting with Numrod (after the flood) used by Constantine in 321 to create (Roman Catholic) Christ-ianity..and to further adjion itself with paganism of gathering all into the samefold
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT CATHOLIC .
the,Jewish are,God's,Chosen. Into them He was,born..we,are,just adopted children of Abraham .
Do christians really believe God would accept the sabbath being changed to sunday? Did God get it wrong (saturday) the first time?

Christians have done everything to adopt Jesus as their own. They have changed his customs/tradions and ways of belief upon this poor Jewish man Jesus who worshipped God on saturdays.

.....thats not right!

Never once was a man named Jesus inside a catholic church. Never did this Jesus ever worship on a sunday.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is nothing more then keeping a set of rules and traditions.
I suggest you keep in mind that (within the messed up theology)... Catholics, Muslims and Protestants ALL worship the same Abrahamic god of the Jews ... and you each set your OWN rules and traditions ASUNDER from each other.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

adverb: asunder

apart.

"those whom God hath joined together let no man put asunder"

https://www.google.ca/#q=asunder+definition
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Joke break-

One day, from out of the clouds, Martian spaceships decend upon the Earth. A general panic ensues, until it's discovered that the Martians are affable, friendly creatures who simply want to meet other beings and establish friendships with them.

Worldwide celebrations take place, and everyone's getting along great.

One day, a minister approaches one of the head Martians and says "Brother Martian, I want to tell you that we're so happy you've come to visit us and we hope your time with us is as pleasant as possible. If you have a few minutes, I'd like to talk to you about uour Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ."

The Martian replies: "Jesus Christ? Heck, I know Jesus Christ! He comes by Mars a couple of times a month! We have a great time with Him! We go out to the best Martian restaurants, put Him up in the best Martian hotels, take Him around in the finest Martian vehicles-He's a great guy! Does He come by here? Is He here now?"

Dumbfounded, the minister says : "Well, He came here once, but He hasn't been back here in like 2,000 years or so."

The Martian looks surprised, and says "Well, buddy, I dunno what to tell you. How did things go for Him last time He was here?"

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We probably agree on a lot of things.
That you are "SAVED?"
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well according to the mythology of the Jews, John was a faithful Jew. But according to the mythology of the Catholics John converted somewhere between the old testament and the new testament to in turn become a Catholic saint who then baptized Jesus.
It's not my fault if the theologians didn't choose to make their mentalities, and in turn, their pens, behave.
One minute the bible claims Jesus is practicing his jewish faith in the temple and loved by all, the next minute he is the head of a brand new religion and people are screaming for his death. HUH!

There is a big chunk of the bible puzzle missing.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe the holy spirit inspired the bible writers to write gods word that started a new religion.
.......Maybe after 1500 years the holy spirit returned and inspired Luther to leave the catholic church and start a new religion, because corruption, and deceit were getting God upset within the catholic belief. You are not always right HOJO.
155 million protestants in the USA the greatest country in the world, and only 68 million catholics, most who don't even practive their faith.
Why aren't you down here with all the protestants, then?

Catholicism has the largest number of followers of a religion in Canada with 46% of Canadians (13,070,000 as of 2008) baptized as Catholics.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

doug wrote:
<quoted text> Hojo rad further, along with the venerable "
day of the sun" (Sun-day) and the human representative of the day oj the (sun god)/lucefer/horis/(pontifax Maximus) directly fromBabylon
mystory religion starting with Numrod (after the flood) used by Constantine in 321 to create (Roman Catholic) Christ-ianity..and to further adjion itself with paganism of gathering all into the samefold
time elapsed morphing.

Constantine an avid sun worshipper.....creates the new christian day of rest. Saturday went from sun-worshiping, to sun-day, to sunday, to sunday worshipping. Anything to be opposite of what the jews practiced, yet Jesus was claimed to be a practicing jew his entire life.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses told how God would raise up a prophet to whom the people should listen.
Who is this???
Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God....
I see that when you believe it suits your "purpose" you can make your sentences plain and understandable to others.

But when you choose to be silly, you feign insanity with a whole of ridiculous gibberish.

The Jewish theologians wrote the fable of Moses and the burning bush ... just as the Catholic theologians wrote the fable of John the Jew morphing into a Catholic-baptist-saint.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 469,141 - 469,160 of513,254
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

508 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Insults Are Easier 250,662
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Kaitlin the Wolf Witch 682,595
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min blacklagoon 217,953
help and advice about sex 6 min SouthernGirl32 20
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min Bob 89,763
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min dhanesh 2,926
Gay Shame Facts (Dec '11) 24 min Bob 89
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 36 min Annaleigh 596,740
•••
•••
•••