Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590533 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#486200 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read enough of your preaching to comprehend that you favor the gnostic B.S. over all other Christian B.S.
Now you are trying to claim that you DON'T believe in Jesus or god ... yet you peddle gnositicism as truth???
You are quite the double-talker.
I've posted that Jesus "supposedly" said this or that, or did this or that.

I've also stated CLEARLY, I will not know if any of this is true, until I die.

You seem to keep leaving that portent out, just to argue other bullshite verses.

You need to keep me complete, and not start separating me from me.

Okay?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#486201 Oct 29, 2013
who="Michael" <quoted text>
....Just going back 150 years ago the basic knowledge of a cowboy or farmer was exceedingly limited. Turn the clock back 2,000 years imagine the knowledge or brain capacity of the common people then! Not very much, so it didn't take much for a David Copperfield person to claim all these miraculous things happened or were going to happen to make your life better, and as the stories were told the stories became bigger and more believable.
There is not one eye witness hand me down story of any miracles by any of the thousands that were supposedly miraclized. Not one story outside the scriptures by anyone of a Mary/Joseph, or 3 wise men, or miraculous birth, King Herod slaughtering infants, or crucifixion, or 3 nights in a tomb etc.
....something is wrong, that no one outside the scripture writers saw anything.

----------
You must be rather young. My history books told wonderful stories about our history; my children's history books were much the same. I began to see a tremendous difference around 1960; the books were being re-written to show a more secular picture.

In recent years it has gotten worse; our children's schoolbooks are beginning to glorify Islam, and one would believe that ISLAM BUILT AMERICA!

It is not a new concept. Satan attempted to re-write God's instructions to Adam and Eve. Our religious history has suffered much because of unbelievers who struggle constantly to erase it. Islam jihadists burned whole libraries in Christian countries.

I've been around long enough to see these things happening. Google 'Communism, Congressional Record, Jan. 10, 1963' and you will see the plan for 'taking America without a shot' written right there.(Apparently no one read it.) If you will read it, you can follow the 'plan' as it has been working over the past 50-60 years.

It is not that 'nothing' was written...it is more a matter of what has been erased.

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486203 Oct 29, 2013
I've come to conclude that I might be able by joining one religion to avoid hell. But as there are so many hells down below ... I'm bound to spend eternity by falling into one or the other.

I hope I don't end up in Islam's hell with Jerry Falwell.

If that happens I'll never forgive Jehovah ... ever, ever, ever.

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486204 Oct 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
It is not that 'nothing' was written...it is more a matter of what has been erased.
KayMarie
And of course you, as a Protestant KNOW ALL those details.

You claimed that god chose you to be a witness for him???

Was that Jehovah or the generic god of your dreams?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486205 Oct 29, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I've posted that Jesus "supposedly" said this or that, or did this or that.
I've also stated CLEARLY, I will not know if any of this is true, until I die.
You seem to keep leaving that portent out, just to argue other bullshite verses.
You need to keep me complete, and not start separating me from me.
Okay?
Do you, or don't you believe that Jesus was real, and not just a myth?

If you believe he was real, you believe he preached. If you believe the story of Jesus is myth and there was no such character, that will settle the issue one way or the other.

No more pretense on your part.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486206 Oct 29, 2013
The Jews at one time were polytheists, believing in multiple gods and goddesses.

Asherah was worshipped as a Jewish goddess.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The monotheist faction seems to have gained considerable influence during the 8th century BCE, and by the 7th century BCE, based on the testimony of the Deuteronomistic source, monotheistic worship of Yahweh seems to have become official, reflected in the removal of the image of Asherah from the temple in Jerusalem under Hezekiah (r. 715Ė686 BCE) so that monotheistic worship of the god of Israel can be argued to have originated during his rule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Judai...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486207 Oct 29, 2013
Queen of Heaven was a title given to a number of ancient sky goddesses in the ancient Mediterranean and Near East, in particular Anat, Isis, Innana, Astarte, Hera and possibly Asherah (by the prophet Jeremiah).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Heaven_ (Antiquity)

#486208 Oct 29, 2013
One minute the bible claims Jesus is practicing his jewish faith in the temple and loved by all, the next minute he is the head of a brand new religion and people are screaming for his death. HUH!
There is a big chunk of the bible puzzle missing.

----------
Jesus brought no 'new' religion. He simplified the one that the self-righteous 'church' folk had twisted up. He simply made salvation available to the Gentile's, and the common folk that the Pharisee's and Lawyers had kept out. Remember? Jesus said to the Lawyers: You won't go in (to righteousness), but you stand in the doorway, and keep others from going in.

It was the 'Church know-it-alls', and the Lawyers who screamed for His death.

Jesus simply opened The Door, and let US come in...

KayMarie

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#486209 Oct 29, 2013
who="StarC" <quoted text>

Star...I'm sure you know that we are individuals. My husband makes his own posts, and...like everyone else...he expresses his mind.
There are many Pentecostal churches. As a matter of fact...Jesus started the Pentecostal movement when He told the Apostles to wait for the Holy Ghost power before they began the ministry He gave them.
That move has been refreshed many times since the day of Pentecost. It showed up in Catholic groups in the early 1970's.
There have been many men and women who have fallen short of the life they should have lived...this happens in all churches. The CC is having problems. We should not shame the gospel because of the failure of any person. "The reproaches of them that reproached thee, fell on Me." Psalm 69:9 Church gossip always hurts the CHURCH/JESUS.
Condemnation is of the devil. Jesus is merciful, and the Prodigal Sons of the church will be forgiven and cleansed when they turn to Him in repentance.
Who knows...if we are more forgiving, we might just bring some of them back to Him.(The Samaritan man rescued a Jew who had fallen...with some help...into the 'gutter'.:)
KayMarie
The Catholic Church celebrates The Day of the Pentecost after Lent annually. This is when OUR Church stated, over 2000 years ago.
It didnít show up in the 70s as you stated above.
Which one of these are you?
All seem to have started in the 20th century. On the day of the Pentecost, NO, thatís not what your history shows

http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/history-pent...
Founding of the United Pentecostal Church:
In 1916, 156 ministers split from the Assemblies of God over conflicting views on the oneness of God and water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. The UPCI was formed by the merger of the Pentecostal Church Inc. and the Pentecostal Assemblies of Jesus Christ, in 1945.
http://christianity.about.com/od/United-Pente...

The Pentecostal Church in America
By KEVIN SACK
In 1905, when William J. Seymour attended Charles F. Parhamís Bible school in Houston, Mr. Parham required him to sit in the hallway and listen to lectures through an open door. Mr. Seymour was black, the son of former slaves, and the mores of the times in Texas dictated that he could not sit with his white counterparts.
http://partners.nytimes.com/library/national/...

A BRIEF HISTORY OF PENTECOSTALISM 1906
(The Three Waves)*
From the second century to the nineteenth century, there is no historical evidence that godly, orthodox believers spoke in tongues. We do have instances of tongues speaking in these centuries, but in every case the people speaking in tongues belonged to heretical groups.(See #15 in the report "The Charismatic Movement: 35 Doctrinal Issues.") From Montanus (2nd Century) to Edward Irving (19th century), instances of "tongues" within the church were never considered to be part of genuine Christianity. Also, we should note that these "heretics" who spoke in tongues were speaking some kind of emotional, nonsense gibberish and not real languages as was the case in Acts chapter 2.
In 1901 at Bethel Bible College, Topeka, Kansas, Agnes Ozman received what she called the baptism of the Spirit and spoke in "tongues." The practice then became part of the Holiness movement of the church in the United States. In 1906, tongues were spoken on Azusa Street in Los Angeles, California, and out of these two events in 1901 and 1906 grew the mainline Pentecostal denominations which are still with us today (Assemblies of God, etc.).
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psycholog...

The Apostolic Faith Church is a worldwide religious organization, with international headquarters in Portland, Oregon. Our roots stem from a 1906 revival on Azusa Street in Los Angeles.
http://blog.guidedbytruth.com/pentecostalhist...

And then there is Aimee,1944.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486210 Oct 29, 2013
The men that wanted to dominate women created a monotheistic religion with a male god that they taught the followers expected worship and obedience. It was the men of the Jewish faith that wanted control over women and so they took the goddess out of the picture as though she never existed.

Religion's home base was and is manipulation.

#486211 Oct 29, 2013
who="doug" <quoted text> read John 3:13 nobody goes to heaven

----------
READ! "No man (HAS) gone up to heaven..." It doesn't say that 'no man WILL'. The Bible clearly promises otherwise.

No man COULD go there until Jesus opened the Door...

KayMarie

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486213 Oct 29, 2013
One minute the bible claims Jesus is practicing his jewish faith in the temple and loved by all, the next minute he is the head of a brand new religion and people are screaming for his death. HUH!
----------
Jesus brought no 'new' religion. He simplified the one that the self-righteous 'church' folk had twisted up. He simply made salvation available to the Gentile's, and the common folk that the Pharisee's and Lawyers had kept out. Remember? Jesus said to the Lawyers: You won't go in (to righteousness), but you stand in the doorway, and keep others from going in.
KayMarie
Ask KayMarie and she will tell you that Jesus loves Protestants ... and that he won't allow Jews in Christian heaven with KayMarie ... unless the Jews first become Protestants ... as IS KayMarie.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486214 Oct 29, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church celebrates The Day of the Pentecost after Lent annually. This is when OUR Church stated, over 2000 years ago.
It didnít show up in the 70s as you stated above.
Which one of these are you?
All seem to have started in the 20th century. On the day of the Pentecost, NO, thatís not what your history shows
http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/history-pent...
Founding of the United Pentecostal Church:
In 1916, 156 ministers split from the Assemblies of God over conflicting views on the oneness of God and water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. The UPCI was formed by the merger of the Pentecostal Church Inc. and the Pentecostal Assemblies of Jesus Christ, in 1945.
http://christianity.about.com/od/United-Pente...
The Pentecostal Church in America
By KEVIN SACK
In 1905, when William J. Seymour attended Charles F. Parhamís Bible school in Houston, Mr. Parham required him to sit in the hallway and listen to lectures through an open door. Mr. Seymour was black, the son of former slaves, and the mores of the times in Texas dictated that he could not sit with his white counterparts.
http://partners.nytimes.com/library/national/...
A BRIEF HISTORY OF PENTECOSTALISM 1906
(The Three Waves)*
From the second century to the nineteenth century, there is no historical evidence that godly, orthodox believers spoke in tongues. We do have instances of tongues speaking in these centuries, but in every case the people speaking in tongues belonged to heretical groups.(See #15 in the report "The Charismatic Movement: 35 Doctrinal Issues.") From Montanus (2nd Century) to Edward Irving (19th century), instances of "tongues" within the church were never considered to be part of genuine Christianity. Also, we should note that these "heretics" who spoke in tongues were speaking some kind of emotional, nonsense gibberish and not real languages as was the case in Acts chapter 2.
In 1901 at Bethel Bible College, Topeka, Kansas, Agnes Ozman received what she called the baptism of the Spirit and spoke in "tongues." The practice then became part of the Holiness movement of the church in the United States. In 1906, tongues were spoken on Azusa Street in Los Angeles, California, and out of these two events in 1901 and 1906 grew the mainline Pentecostal denominations which are still with us today (Assemblies of God, etc.).
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psycholog...
The Apostolic Faith Church is a worldwide religious organization, with international headquarters in Portland, Oregon. Our roots stem from a 1906 revival on Azusa Street in Los Angeles.
http://blog.guidedbytruth.com/pentecostalhist...
And then there is Aimee,1944.
To shorten up your sermon ... let's cut to your "concept" of truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#486215 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe the ancients knew how the universe started, or whether it always existed ... or do believe they just "guessed" at those issue as we do in today's era.
I can't(personally) say they knew exactly when or if. Evidence in several ancient cultures shows a very acute understanding of the works of the solar system and some parts of the universe(some recording events going back 400,000 years or more) They seemed to have had an understanding of physics and mathematics that surpasses even what we have discovered today....and it appears to have been a "global" civilization....one dominant before the last ice age. The last part is partly speculation on my part on the timeline.
Even at that, they could have speculated on some or all of it, but mathematics, physics, and discovery are proving otherwise.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486216 Oct 29, 2013
who="doug" <quoted text> read John 3:13 nobody goes to heaven
----------
READ! "No man (HAS) gone up to heaven..." It doesn't say that 'no man WILL'. The Bible clearly promises otherwise.
No man COULD go there until Jesus opened the Door...
KayMarie
Would you be satisfied if I removed your new testament and handed you the old testament that was written by faithful Jews?

NO ... you say???

WHY NOT???

Do you believe the Jews lied when they wrote that they were God's chosen few in the old testament and that the Catholics wrote truth when they compiled all the data to their own satisfactions in the new testament???

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486217 Oct 29, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You shut your door on Christ. Christ started the One True Church.
It's hilarious!

Catholics and Protestants squabbling over who will go to Christian heaven ... when Jewish theology teaches that faithful Jews don't go to heaven.

That means neither Jehovah nor Jesus his son ... even if they existed ... would not BE in a Christian heaven.

Funny stuff in deed!

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#486218 Oct 29, 2013
Q.Why do Catholics kneel during their services? This seems unnecessary. Why not just sit still and listen to the preaching of God's word?

A.If you attend a Catholic Mass you will see the first part of it consists of reading and preaching; we stand for the Gospel, but we sit for the other readings and for the preaching. The Mass is a sacrifice, and there are times--especially in the last part--when the faithful pray on their knees. Kneeling shows our humility before God.

Your question is a surprise because you probably should be asking yourself why you don't kneel in your Protestant services. Scripture suggests you should. In Ephesians 3:14 Paul says, "I kneel before the Father," and in Acts 9:40 Peter "knelt down and prayed." The Catholic habit of kneeling is consistent with Scripture and is another manifestation of the continuity between the Church of the first century and the Catholic Church of today.

More Q and A...
http://www.newadvent.org/library/almanac_this...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#486219 Oct 29, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
Is this what a *born again* Christian believes? Rosesz
Ashburn, VA
Reply Ľ|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#274Thursday Oct 3
FOR TEENS
getting a college education is important.
Having a career ..important.if you want one .
As,long as,none of these choices cost a life in abortion
I'm on board ..
NO SEX ..only way to be sure .
But in this world of teens emulating their gross hero's
SEX SEX SEX
they need to know about contraception .
Ocean56
AOL
They need to know about contraception. Rially hard to be a Christian, we are supposed to know what is right and what is wrong, we are to follow Christs teachings. Christ wants the young kids to be pure and chaste. Parents are supposed to teach their children to be pure and chaste and not follow what every teen idol is doing. We are supposed to teach them that there are some things that are very wrong and not to do them even when they are popular. Looks like rose doesn't believe that, she thinks its okay for the teenagers to go and sin, to follow what is glamourous and sinfull. ROSE YOU ARE AN IRRESPONSABLE PARENT. YOU ARE DOING THE DEVIL'S WORK. Satan is very proud of you.
Hey.. why don't you stop wasting your time praying for me and report your selve to Topix as the person that is harassing and stacking Rose.it is clear that YOU are not the Christian you claim to be or your behavior would show it. You are constantly badgering Rose about her views on another forum and she has clearly stated that she wanted YOU to stop badgering her.You are a poor example again for the catholic church whom you claim to adore with such passion. Why don't you take your buddies advice and pray for yourself to become a better person.I will back her up each and every time you attack her and so will many others on this forum.You attempt to discredit her is not working and only makes you look pitiful.You need to practice what you preach.You clear make all others on this forum who are catholic look bad with your personal attacks on Rose.

Location hidden

#486220 Oct 29, 2013
----------
KayMarie
Judaism: The monotheistic religion of the Jews, tracing its origins to Abraham and having its spiritual and ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Hebrew Scriptures and the Talmud.

Christianity: The Christian religion, founded on the life and teachings of Jesus.

If you need additional elucidating...I am here for you....

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#486221 Oct 29, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You shut your door on Christ.-*Christ started the One True Church.
And Christ would not approve of you being in his One True Church acting as you do..-*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min curtjester1 40,513
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min ChristINSANITY is... 839,557
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min dollarsbill 4,520
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Jac 100,045
Poll Have You Ever Taken Part In Public Nudity? (Dec '07) 18 min Dougie6969 831
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 42 min razz58 2,414
Would a Somali girl marry a non-Somali man in L... (Dec '13) 54 min najahjama 45
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Jingle Clown 271,375
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 hr Just Wondering 612,201
More from around the web