Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646363 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#486354 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Many forms of birth control are abortion. Contraception is evil and against God . Catholicism is all about respecting life and being against birth control and abortion is intertwined with what Catholics believe. So saying this is off subject is wrong. Catholicism is an outward religion, we respect others , we see the face of Christ in others , we are to do corporal works of mercy and spiritual works of mercy. Believing and practicing Christianity isn't just readings from the bible, its doing what Christ wants us to do , to help the most vulnerable, the poor, the poor in spirit. The most vulnerable is the unborn and the very old and handicapped. Birth control is wrong and teaches selfishness how to lie etc.
why don't you take your hatred against birth control to your fellow catholics who are using birth control?? Go make a form and call it All Catholics who are using birth control your evil....then debate that with your fellow Catholics...you have a lot to offer misguided people. Start saving those within your own church.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486355 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Many forms of birth control are abortion. Contraception is evil and against God . Catholicism is all about respecting life and being against birth control and abortion is intertwined with what Catholics believe. So saying this is off subject is wrong. Catholicism is an outward religion, we respect others , we see the face of Christ in others , we are to do corporal works of mercy and spiritual works of mercy. Believing and practicing Christianity isn't just readings from the bible, its doing what Christ wants us to do , to help the most vulnerable, the poor, the poor in spirit. The most vulnerable is the unborn and the very old and handicapped. Birth control is wrong and teaches selfishness how to lie etc.
Oh my, my, my.....no wonder why they are so many people lost by not listening to the Word of God....

Following man instead of following God....
Liam

Union, NJ

#486356 Oct 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Birth control is NOT frowned upon in the Bible.....
"Be you fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it."
This, however, was obviously, a command given to Adam and Eve, not to all mankind today as we ARE NOT under the Old Covenant.
Show me a Bible verse that says humans are the creators of life.
God is the author of life, truth. We have no business trying to prevent life from entering the world while doing the means God established to bring forth life. That's sex.
Artificial contraception is a deliberate attempt at stopping a human life from happening.
"Be fruitful and multiply" is not necessarily the reason why the authority of the Church is against it. Sex is gift from God. It should only be done within the covenant of marriage.
Before you were born, self proclaimed elders, pastors and ministers were unanimously in agreement with the Church on the subject. Now the new generation of unauthorized Bible translators are undoing this. But they are undoing everything else so what the heck. Open up your eyes, if you can't see that contraception has led to recreational sex and promiscuity since you guys promoted it 40 yrs ago, you're blind.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486357 Oct 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>"Catholicism is about respecting life"??? Don't even go there. You open yourselve up once again to abuses. "Catholicism is an outward religion,we respect others" that's a joke when you don't show it on this forum."Birth control teaches us how to lie???? Now that's going over board. So are your practicing birth control since your spreading lies about another poster?
I just couldn't believe what this person posted.....

This is why so many people are lost....they are listening to the false teachings of men instead of listening to the teachings of God.....

It is really sad....

Location hidden

#486358 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>
So many people don't get it. Birth control is part of the culture of death Blessed Pope John Paul II preached and wrote in an encyclical. Birth control goes against God in every way. The children of Fatima were told about hell , many people go to hell because of sexual sins, birth control has given a green light to pre marital sex, extra marital sex and many other perversions. What is right is sometimes the most unpopular thing. We must follow what Christ wants and not use what is promoted as part of the culture of death.
" many people go to hell because of sexual sin" clean up your own house before offering to cleans your neighbors house.

Location hidden

#486359 Oct 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
TOO MANY children creates other problems about which the Bible speaks of.
1 Timothy 5:8
8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
A man could fail to provide for his own family in TWO serious ways.
If the man does NOT work.
The other would be to generate so many children that he could NOT provide for their needs.
Birth control is NOT a sin.....
It is taking responsibility for your family!!!
Too many children is correct. maybe the catholic church can feed them all..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486360 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
God is the author of life, truth. We have no business trying to prevent life from entering the world while doing the means God established to bring forth life. That's sex.
Artificial contraception is a deliberate attempt at stopping a human life from happening.
"Be fruitful and multiply" is not necessarily the reason why the authority of the Church is against it. Sex is gift from God. It should only be done within the covenant of marriage.
Before you were born, self proclaimed elders, pastors and ministers were unanimously in agreement with the Church on the subject. Now the new generation of unauthorized Bible translators are undoing this. But they are undoing everything else so what the heck. Open up your eyes, if you can't see that contraception has led to recreational sex and promiscuity since you guys promoted it 40 yrs ago, you're blind.
Clay,

What is your relationship to God if you have TOO MANY children and can't provide for their needs???

God instituted marriage for so many different reasons...

God plainly teaches that husband and wife should fulfill one another's sexual needs.

This necessitates regular marital relations.

God has-given us the good sense to know how to accomplish this without necessarily having children.

Location hidden

#486361 Oct 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I just couldn't believe what this person posted.....
This is why so many people are lost....they are listening to the false teachings of men instead of listening to the teachings of God.....
It is really sad....
This is also why many people look down on the Catholic church. She will turn people away from her church by her actions.This is not a birth control forum but she as a personal reason for making it one.I just don't understand why people just can have an open mind and try to understand each other instead of focusing on I am right and your wrong. My church is better than your church.Instead of coming together and discussing why one church believes one way and way another church believes in another...all this makes one want to run and hide. Good Morning to you!

Location hidden

#486362 Oct 30, 2013
Good Morning Rose!!

Location hidden

#486363 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn'tmake it right, those Catholics are Catholic in name only and its a very grave sin supporting contraception. That will never change.
Well, that's a good place to start preaching your hatred against birth control. Go make that forum...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486364 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Timothy 5:8

8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Look what this scripture says, Clay....

PROVIDE not for his own......

SPECIALLY for those of his OWN HOUSE.....

He hath DENIED the FAITH....AND,

IS WORSE THAN AN INFIDEL....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486365 Oct 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>This is also why many people look down on the Catholic church. She will turn people away from her church by her actions.This is not a birth control forum but she as a personal reason for making it one.I just don't understand why people just can have an open mind and try to understand each other instead of focusing on I am right and your wrong. My church is better than your church.Instead of coming together and discussing why one church believes one way and way another church believes in another...all this makes one want to run and hide. Good Morning to you!
Good morning to you....

I have to get going on my Honey-To-Do list......LOL....

Yes, you are correct....

Location hidden

#486366 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
Unlimited Dominion
Pope Paul's final warning was that contraception would lead man to think that he had unlimited dominion over his own body. Sterilization is now the most widely used form of contraception in the U.S.; individuals are so convinced of their rights to control their own bodies that they do not hesitate to alter even their own physical make-up.
The desire for unlimited dominion over one's own body extends beyond contraception. The production of "test-tube babies" is another indication of the refusal to accept the body's limitations; so too are euthanasia and the use of organs transplanted from those who are "nearly" dead. We seek to adjust the body to our desires and timetables, rather than adjusting ourselves to its needs.
So..your against test tube babies also?? And your against transplant organs to save someone from death?? Sounds like your against help those to live.

Richie T

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#486367 Oct 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll "take my chances" with the Eternal Salvation in Jesus Christ in and through HIS One True Catholic Church, leaving you June, to face the fiery fate of hell, on your own...... Your choice!!!!!!
God's plan of avoiding those torments:

www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
YTube

Marietta, GA

#486368 Oct 30, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#486369 Oct 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning to you....
LOL...you are too funny....
Wish I could take credit for the wit ..

AHA,..it's,an ALIEN in my tablet ...,
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486371 Oct 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Too many children is correct. maybe the catholic church can feed them all..
Correct!!!

People do not understand that a husband and wife have responsibilities to their marriage in providing for....

Would God be happy with us if we have all these children and we CANNOT provide for ALL their needs???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#486372 Oct 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Good Morning Rose!!
Morning Sera,

What's,new,...sigh.

I believe God is,in your marriage.

You two are great examples,for us,all ..plus,..You crack me up :)

Richie T

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#486373 Oct 30, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
And those of you that don't believe that Christ is gonna rule here on earth ( YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) need to read Zechariah chapter 14. We are shown that Christ is returning to earth with all the saints and that day He shall set foot on Mt. of Olives and that mountain we are told is gonna split in two. Then in verse 9 we are told that Christ is gonna be king over ALL THE EARTH.
There was actually one soul that told me that I was wrong if I thought Christ was ever gonne set foot on earth ever again. Well sister if you read the 14th chapter of Zechariah you will see that it is not me that has been lied to but rather it is you.
Tell whatever preacher that has been telling you that Christ is never gonna set foot on earth ever again is a liar and the truth ain't in them.
People there is no rapture. Unfortunately you guys have been lied to all your lives.
Telling you guys there is no rapture will pro bably make you feel as you did when you learned the truth that there is no Santa Claus. THERE IS NO RAPTURE FOLKS. Why do you guys seek a rapture anyhow? What are you trying to run from. Children of God don't run from the Devil and his ilk. As children of the MOST HIGH GOD,WE KICK DRAGON AND TAKE NAME. Only cowards look for a rapture because they are fearful. THERE IS NO RAPTURE.
Won't you be shocked when it happens!

Location hidden

#486374 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> God doesn't condone evil, so God is not with you. You make light of the fact that God is part of your marriage shows you are not practicing what you preach, esp when you support an evil like birth control . I really think you are trying to get posters to get so upset that they would post anger then have them banned. Another thing, you complain about clergy cussing when you do so much more worse supporting evil such as contraception esp the pill which causes abortion.
"God doesnt condone evil" and yet you believe He is with you.The rest of you post reflex your intent...go listen to your cussing priests and learn something valuable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Pastor Catcher 47,998
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 10 min Halle Berry Sister 3,676
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... (Feb '15) 23 min Jpfresh 32
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 33 min WasteWater 2,014
Ladies, what is the sexual act you most enjoy? 1 hr James 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr oneear69 971,572
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,711
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Ficken Facts 105,584
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 6 hr Brian_G 12
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Neville Thompson 281,222
More from around the web