Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701335 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#486298 Oct 29, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
How much could have been lost by our species, people identical in brain and body to us, in the last 30,000 years ?
Maybe, and maybe not. But to glamorize humans back there as being elevated to grandiose heights of wisdom I suggest is never a good idea.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#486299 Oct 29, 2013
From the book … The Lexicon of Stupidity, by Ross and Kathryn Petras

Heaven

Heaven is a place large enough to accommodate 299, 900,000,000,000 souls with a mansion of 100 rooms each, 16 X 16 X 16.

Rev. Dr. W. Graham Walker, Speaking at the Highland Street Christian Church, Memphis, Tennessee
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#486300 Oct 29, 2013
From the book … The Lexicon of Stupidity, by Ross and Kathryn Petras

Heaven

Heaven is a city 15,000 miles square or 6,000 miles around. One side is 245 miles longer than the length of the Great Wall of China. Walls surrounding Heaven are 396,000 times higher than the Great Wall of China and eight times as thick. Heaven has twelve gates, three on each side, and has room for 100,000,000,000 souls. There are no slums. The entire city is built of diamond material, and the streets are paved with gold. All inhabitants are honest and there are no locks, no courts, and no policemen.

Rev. Dr. George Hawes of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#486301 Oct 29, 2013
From the book … The Lexicon of Stupidity, by Ross and Kathryn Petras

Heaven

There aren’t any real leagues here, but old teams do get together quite often to give the crowds some excitement.

The purported spirit of baseball Great Babe Ruth, Speaking from heaven, as reported by voices from Spirit Magazine.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#486302 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>

I doubt that you will there to experience the bliss, as hell will be all that is left over. However, I will also be there to face the fiery fate with you ... so fear not my beloved.
I'll "take my chances" with the Eternal Salvation in Jesus Christ in and through HIS One True Catholic Church, leaving you June, to face the fiery fate of hell, on your own...... Your choice!!!!!!

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#486303 Oct 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="chance47"<qu oted text>
So according to "The Word" why was Mary impregnated without consent and made to carry the fetus to full term? Sounds a lot like rape.
----------
Mary gave her consent.(Be it unto me, even as you say.) She was not forced to carry the BABY to full term.(Fetus sounds a lot like inhuman.)
God never 'forces' anyone to do anything. He tells us to "CHOOSE LIFE OR DEATH".
Which one do you want?
KayMarie
And why would Mary consent to mate with an alien exactly? Stupidity!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#486304 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with having a baby at seventeen?
I was pregnant out of wedlock at seventeen ... and I survived all the clucking of tongues that went on all around me.
I had a neighbor years ago who feigned shock when I told her my story ... but later I found out from others that SHE had a baby by a married man before she married her current husband.
I suggest you don't allow people to irritate you, and they will stop ... because they find it of no more FUN.
Laugh with them and they will go away.
June ..thanks

Seriously I've tried everything .

The more I ignore ..the,worse,she is,..tried laughing ..worse ..
It's,gone on for most of 9months now,..

Back then I had to move out of my home to not yo set gramms..almost got kicked out of school...gave up my child for adoption ..SHE KNOWS all this because it's,why I've argued against abortion for years,.

All the secrecy and lies ..yet ..God,..believe it or not ..allowed me in a very disparate set of events over a,two year period ....(I do not believe in coincidence )) we were united ..I saw him marry ..have a child ..

Long story not for Here ..

My point on abortion..

Yes,I suffered ...But then ...he has,had a,life . Great parents ..I'm his,"mom" and Grammy to his child .

I'm not ashamed ..really ..jus was,NOT the point of this thread ..

What gets,my goat is,so called anti abortion people ..try to shame girls ...have NO empathy WHATSOEVER ...then say they hate,abortion .

And think it's horrible to use prevention..

Trying to understand a,young girl in trouble ..would go a long way IMO.
in helping ..EVEN KIDS, know if you are judgemental ..

But thanks, and I'm sure you're right ..on your old neighbor ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#486305 Oct 29, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Let nickie drive. He runs all the stop signs lol
Be careful on the turnpike ..no lights,lots of Patrols ..Lol

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#486306 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Alignments of the planets to build pyramids are one thing. Travelling into space is quite another.
I also doubt that they had the advancements in medical and other areas that we have today.
I suggest that those born with debilitating disfigurements or diseases or those that suffered from accidents ever lived long at all.
I don't think that those old days should be glamorized in any way whatsoever.
Human nature is what it is and I suggest that we are not all that far from the cave.
I am not glorifying anything. Just contributing what I have found.
You are free to accept or reject any or all of that. Or research it on your own.
I prefer not to live in a mental vacuum.
Interesting that you feel you are "not that far from the cave".
You do realize we have the mathematics and understandings of physics to achieve faster than light travel now don't you? That's quite a ways from the cave.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#486307 Oct 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June ..thanks
Seriously I've tried everything .
The more I ignore ..the,worse,she is,..tried laughing ..worse ..
It's,gone on for most of 9months now,..
Back then I had to move out of my home to not yo set gramms..almost got kicked out of school...gave up my child for adoption ..SHE KNOWS all this because it's,why I've argued against abortion for years,.
All the secrecy and lies ..yet ..God,..believe it or not ..allowed me in a very disparate set of events over a,two year period ....(I do not believe in coincidence )) we were united ..I saw him marry ..have a child ..
Long story not for Here ..
My point on abortion..
Yes,I suffered ...But then ...he has,had a,life . Great parents ..I'm his,"mom" and Grammy to his child .
I'm not ashamed ..really ..jus was,NOT the point of this thread ..
What gets,my goat is,so called anti abortion people ..try to shame girls ...have NO empathy WHATSOEVER ...then say they hate,abortion .
And think it's horrible to use prevention..
Trying to understand a,young girl in trouble ..would go a long way IMO.
in helping ..EVEN KIDS, know if you are judgemental ..
But thanks, and I'm sure you're right ..on your old neighbor ..
People that are cruel can spot a weakness immediately, and as long as you react, they will keep on dogging you and biting at your sore spots.

I always made a joke out of getting "knocked up." They couldn't get a rise out of me, so they chose to pick on others, as it was far more fun.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#486308 Oct 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not glorifying anything. Just contributing what I have found.
You are free to accept or reject any or all of that. Or research it on your own.
I prefer not to live in a mental vacuum.
Interesting that you feel you are "not that far from the cave".
You do realize we have the mathematics and understandings of physics to achieve faster than light travel now don't you? That's quite a ways from the cave.
I suggest that the more we learn, the more we should realize how little we know.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#486309 Oct 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll "take my chances"
I believe you. The idea that you are worthy of heaven and other deserves to go to hell ... appeals to you.

And what you believe is your right.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#486311 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that the more we learn, the more we should realize how little we know.
I agree with that.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#486312 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that the more we learn, the more we should realize how little we know.
Yea,we learn much.

Anyway...the hooker she get's really mad at the sailer "Crabs!She replies,What the hell do you expect for $25 lobsters?!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#486313 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
People that are cruel can spot a weakness immediately, and as long as you react, they will keep on dogging you and biting at your sore spots.
I always made a joke out of getting "knocked up." They couldn't get a rise out of me, so they chose to pick on others, as it was far more fun.
The,whole,thing is,WHY I came on Topix,..posted it after I was comfortable, on the,abortion forum ..as an argument against abortion..

And pro choicest,,did not agree on my reasoning But understood a,lot nicer than certain people .

But for decades I did not tell friend a,unless close ...But I did tell my child ..

She,and my sis,went with me to his,,wedding .

And,I thank God my son is in my life ..the,secrecy surrounding adoptions,rivalled the,CIA...and the,people,who think I'm.awful for it can do what they please''

Was,just a,sick thing to drag it on this,forum....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#486314 Oct 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="StarC" <quoted text>
The Catholic Church celebrates The Day of the Pentecost after Lent annually. This is when OUR Church stated, over 2000 years ago.
It didn’t show up in the 70s as you stated above.
Which one of these are you?
All seem to have started in the 20th century. On the day of the Pentecost, NO, that’s not what your history shows
http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/history-pent...
Founding of the United Pentecostal Church:
In 1916, 156 ministers split from the Assemblies of God over conflicting views on the oneness of God and water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. The UPCI was formed by the merger of the Pentecostal Church Inc. and the Pentecostal Assemblies of Jesus Christ, in 1945.
http://christianity.about.com/od/United-Pente...
The Pentecostal Church in America
By KEVIN SACK
In 1905, when William J. Seymour attended Charles F. Parham’s Bible school in Houston, Mr. Parham required him to sit in the hallway and listen to lectures through an open door. Mr. Seymour was black, the son of former slaves, and the mores of the times in Texas dictated that he could not sit with his white counterparts.
http://partners.nytimes.com/library/national/...
A BRIEF HISTORY OF PENTECOSTALISM 1906
(The Three Waves)*
From the second century to the nineteenth century, there is no historical evidence that godly, orthodox believers spoke in tongues. We do have instances of tongues speaking in these centuries, but in every case the people speaking in tongues belonged to heretical groups.(See #15 in the report "The Charismatic Movement: 35 Doctrinal Issues.") From Montanus (2nd Century) to Edward Irving (19th century), instances of "tongues" within the church were never considered to be part of genuine Christianity. Also, we should note that these "heretics" who spoke in tongues were speaking some kind of emotional, nonsense gibberish and not real languages as was the case in Acts chapter 2.
In 1901 at Bethel Bible College, Topeka, Kansas, Agnes Ozman received what she called the baptism of the Spirit and spoke in "tongues." The practice then became part of the Holiness movement of the church in the United States. In 1906, tongues were spoken on Azusa Street in Los Angeles, California, and out of these two events in 1901 and 1906 grew the mainline Pentecostal denominations which are still with us today (Assemblies of God, etc.).
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psycholog...
The Apostolic Faith Church is a worldwide religious organization, with international headquarters in Portland, Oregon. Our roots stem from a 1906 revival on Azusa Street in Los Angeles.
http://blog.guidedbytruth.com/pentecostalhist...
And then there is Aimee,1944.
----------
You are fallen in to the 'know-it-all' religious historians who pures of people that you suppose are part of us...and you missed it completely. Degrading us will never prove that 'you' are 'right' or 'best'.
Let Aimee answer to God. He is her judge...
KayMarie
KayMarie
edited for space

Judgment seat of whom?????

But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#486316 Oct 29, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You commit a horrendous sin by misleading children to use birth control, this is just plain evil.
There be a lot of people committing the same sin!!!!

Americans, Including Catholics, Say Birth Control Is Morally OK
Birth control has the broadest acceptance among 18 behaviors
by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- Eighty-two percent of U.S. Catholics say birth control is morally acceptable, nearing the 89% of all Americans and 90% of non-Catholics who agree.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#486317 Oct 29, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You commit a horrendous sin by misleading children to use birth control, this is just plain evil.
There is no Scripture that supports your erroneous belief...you are parroting what the piped piper has taught you...which is nonsense...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#486318 Oct 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The,whole,thing is,WHY I came on Topix,..posted it after I was comfortable, on the,abortion forum ..as an argument against abortion..
And pro choicest,,did not agree on my reasoning But understood a,lot nicer than certain people .
But for decades I did not tell friend a,unless close ...But I did tell my child ..
She,and my sis,went with me to his,,wedding .
And,I thank God my son is in my life ..the,secrecy surrounding adoptions,rivalled the,CIA...and the,people,who think I'm.awful for it can do what they please''
Was,just a,sick thing to drag it on this,forum....
Well, it's done. You have sustained the attack, and probably profited from it in the mean.
Admirable.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#486319 Oct 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's done. You have sustained the attack, and probably profited from it in the mean.
Admirable.
Exactly ..hey ..I hear,Nick is,driving ..pick me up ..spend,a,bit of time,in warm weather ..But lol won t stop a,lights,

Bring money for tickets,..FHP strict ..Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 51 min OffTheClock 79,264
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,336
Any gay / bi guys wanna sext (Apr '12) 5 hr Ccrea 29
Targeted Individuals, those illegally surveille... (Apr '17) 8 hr Endofdays 7
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 10 hr ANGRYPOOPDAD 55
Doctor REALITY obsessed with OJ Simpson 11 hr Doctor REALITY 66
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 hr Tony 6,861
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 995,722