Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688468 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#485890 Oct 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you "seeking" June!! What I see from you is that you are here (only) in an attempt to undermine the Christian faith of others with your "snake oil" atheism or agnosticism ---or ---whatever you call yourself!!
Wiccan? I think there must be a Wiki for that.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#485891 Oct 28, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
JUne says......Rather than Jesus NEEDING another person to baptize him .
Michael says.......Just so happened at the exact right time that John the baptist happened along. Well! what would have happened if Jesus had not bumped into John the Baptist, if they were on different streets? What would have happened if John the Baptist was out of town the day jesus was suppose to be baptized, or it was raining and no one came along?
How would christianity have started if the angry crowd at the crucifixion had screamed Barabas instead of Jesus? The bible said the crowd had a choice. Right? Jesus or Barabas......50/50, heads or tails. Jesus supposedly died because he pissed off the religious leaders. What would someone have to do to get a few religious leaders SO UPSET that they wanted someone dead?
....Makes no common sense.
.....its all made up to make the stories all fit the plan.
It's all mythical junk created especially for religious junkies.

Michael ... can you help me find a way to send a personal email to the Topix moderators. I would appreciate it.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485893 Oct 28, 2013
I'd like to be fly on the heavenly wall when Jesus and mother Mary get to conversing about how they veered off the righteous path of Judaism to end their eternal lives up there with all those popes and Jerry Falwell.

And I wonder what Jehovah is doing without so many of his rod and his staff to bear holy witness unto him.

I suggest that is NOT thunder that you sometimes hear up there in the sky.

My guess is, those holy wars started in the sky and then fell from the sky to earth.

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485894 Oct 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for sharing some very important things about you and your husband.His surgery is soon coming as you said,and only a matter of being scheduled in. I pray right now for you that it will not only be successful,but that you both will spend some valuable time together fishing at a rented cottage.May the LORD richly bless his body,and give him a strength from above so that he can be a witness to the glory of God.And we know that whatever happens,God wants to have a personal relationship with your husband.I hope and pray that your husband will not leave this earth till he has been made righteous through Christ,and if that already has happened,we have that blessed HOPE,that your husband will be with the Lord for an eternity,along with you. This I ask with you in the NAME of JESUS,who alone is our salvation.
Hope the next time I hear from you,you both are at that cottage.Suffering is a vehicle a tool to teach,and discipline us,also to awaken us to His desire for us,it is temporary as we all know,but seems forever.But when we weigh it with eternity,it is a blink of an eye. I will be thinking and praying that God wants to be closer to you still through your hour of suffering,since your husband is going through the actual physical suffering,that includes you as well,because you are one with him,and have to assist him through it all.Every bit a confirmation that married life is shared both in the good and trying times.The Lord will not forsake you,He promised that!
Amen
In the name of Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ

Pad ..beautiful prayer and wishes
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485895 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>If someone tells her she's wrong, is that harassment?
Hold on a minute or ten! I'll check the bible.

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485896 Oct 28, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Pad how are you?? I enjoy your posts as always. We have had a wonderful fall so far, it is starting to turn cold and we have had some snow fall.
I haven't been able to get on here very often for any length of time, my husband has not been well.
He is slowly gaining back some strength.
His ordeal is not over he is looking forward to more surgery just waiting for the phone call when to go in.
When his ordeal is over I am going to rent a cottage, and do some fishing with him, he has missed it all summer he really enjoy's it.
Take care blessing to you and your loved ones.
May the Lord heal your husband and you have much time to enjoy together .
In Jesus name FATHER we ask
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485897 Oct 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ
"OUR" Lord and Savior Jesus Christ??? That's a Catholic statement right there.

Yet Hallelujah in Hebrew means "Praise ye Jehovah" ... NOT plain old "Praise ye Lord."

Those Jews were very specific about who deserved the praise.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485898 Oct 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
In the name of Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ
Pad ..beautiful prayer and wishes
You WISH that a Jew is just salivating to save Catholics and take them to Christian heaven.

Silly people!

Within the theology of the faithful Jews ... purified Jews will go to the one and only god Jehovah in Olam Haba.

That's where the ride ends. Rumor has it that there will be a sign on the gate ... "No Catholics, Muslims, or Protestants allowed. Jews only may enter."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485899 Oct 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
May the Lord heal your husband and you have much time to enjoy together .
In Jesus name FATHER we ask
And don't forget the little Muslim children that must suffer on earth and forever in the hereafter, because their parents weren't of the Catholic faith.

Sickening dogma!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485900 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> If someone tells her she's wrong, is that harassment?
That type of disagreement with a pope or with Martin Luther or John Calvin would have brought the death penalty down on you ... but since government was more or less separated from religion, you can now get away with disagreeing. It's called heresy ... which to some people means "freedom to choose."
Human Being

Jena, LA

#485901 Oct 28, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
when God Saves a Soul, He doesn't have to [hasten the purification], all that needs done is done instantly. please try and remember, star,. and you other catholics, this is God that we are talking about.
He is the God of the living, not of the dead.
and furthermore, the Jewish people DIDNT ALWAYS get their doctrine Right, they didn't accept Jesus, did they?
Preston

Peace

Such an idea is not uncommon. However, the "rebirthing process" may be quite labored as well.

And for those who backslide, a good way for God, may be to withdraw, or blind the soul to His Presence. I confess, it has been very effective on me.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485902 Oct 28, 2013
Etymology of the words heresy and heretic
In ancient Greek, the verb hairein, meaning "to take", gave rise to the adjective hairetos "able to choose" and the noun hairesis "the act of choosing".
In time the noun developed the extended senses of a "a choice", "a course of action", "a school of thought", and "a philosophical or religious sect". Stoicism was considered a hairesis
Within Judaism, a heresy (our Modern English equivalent and derivative of hairesis) was a religious faction, party, or sect; such as, the Pharisees or Sadducees.
Applied to such groups, hairesis was used in a neutral, nonpejorative manner.
In fact, when this Greek noun is used in the New Testament (Bible), it is usually translated as sect.
By the end of the second century, haeresis (the Latin equivalent) was being applied to an organized body holding a false or sacrilegious doctrine.
From this use, it took on the sense of "a body of doctrine substantially differing in some aspect from the doctrine taught by the Church".
The Catholic Church used the Latin haeresis (from the Greek hairesis) for "heresy" and haereticus (from the Late Greek hairetikos, a derivative of hairetos "able to choose") for "heretic".
These two words were taken into early French as heresie/eresie and heritique/eritique and then into English in the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries, respectively, as heresy an heretic.
Their religious senses passed into English as well.
In Chaucer's time, c. 1385, the noun began to take on a nonecclesiastical use, being applied to any dissenting opinion, belief, or doctrine in any field.
At about the same time we also find this noun being used for "a school of thought, a sect", echoing the ancient Greek use of hairesis.

—Excerpts from Webster's Word Histories, Merriam-Webster Inc., Publishers; Springfield, Massachuksetts, 1989.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485903 Oct 28, 2013
Except for the JWs ... all Protestants and Catholics and Muslims avoid addressing Jehovah as their "god."

There is a reason for that "monkey"-business.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#485904 Oct 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO.
There has never been anything which feeds the soul's hunger but the Word of God!!!
SPIRITUAL!!!
Deuteronomy 8:3
3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had KNOWN, to TEACH you that man does not live on bread alone but on EVERY WORD that comes from the MOUTH of the Lord.
TEACH.....What is He going to teach our soul's that we shall NOT hunger?
EVERY WORD....that COMES from the MOUTH of the Lord....
This is what we MUST feed on.....WHY???
Because Jesus is the Word of God.....
YOU WROTE:
"Unless you eat my BODY (which is REAL food) and drink my blood (which is REAL drink) YOU CANNOT HAVE "ETERNAL LIFE".
NO, He is NOT talking about real food or real drink....
Jesus HIMSELF said "My body is (REAL FOOD) and my blood is (REAL DRINK). You, Truth, are a typical "bible only ---21 century "distorting of over 2000 year of biblical and historical TRUTH" Protestant, who just "makes things up" in order to fit your anti-catholic (distorted opinions)! The fact is that the overwhelming "vast majority" of highly accredited Church Historians, Theologians and Apologistic authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant) "who have studied and researched this subject and know a (great deal more than you will EVER know, debunk and refute your "ridiculous editorialized conclusions"! Get a TRUE Church history lesson instead of relying upon your "modern day" bible only "hack" preachers) and then "get back to me" You have absolutely "no idea"as to what you are talking about, which doesn't surprise ANY of us Catholics!!!!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485905 Oct 28, 2013
Even had Jesus had a yearning to renew his faith, which would not be plausible if he was teaching all about enlightenment ... he would not have been "baptized" which is a Catholic ceremony. He would have had a ceremony such as the following, officiated by a Rabbi of the highest calling ... Rabboni.

That is theological common sense.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Immerse in the Mikveh?

Immersion in the mikveh (sometimes pronounced mikvah) actualizes the transition between the convert's old identity and his or her new one as a Jew.

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/life/Life_Eve...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485906 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485907 Oct 28, 2013
Silly gibberish, written by Catholic theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The World Beyond.

When the Devil is represented, he is a small, black, and cowering figure. In contrast, Christ is large and commanding. Adam, the first man, stands at the entrance to greet Him. Next to him stands Eve, and among the crowd behind them can usually be seen the crowned figures of David, Moses, and St. John the Baptist.
Michael

Canada

#485908 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't forget the little Muslim children that must suffer on earth and forever in the hereafter, because their parents weren't of the Catholic faith.
Sickening dogma!
Lets not forget the little jewish children born into the wrong faith.

Imagine, God chooses the righteous by what belief system by chance you are born into?

Jews say they are the chosen people. Catholics say they are right. Protestants say catholics are wrong and that they are right, Muslims say christianity is bogus..

Will the real Jesus/Allah please stand up?.........Nothing!!.... Just as I thought.
Michael

Canada

#485909 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Silly gibberish, written by Catholic theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Signs & Symbols in Christian Art
The World Beyond.
When the Devil is represented, he is a small, black, and cowering figure. In contrast, Christ is large and commanding. Adam, the first man, stands at the entrance to greet Him. Next to him stands Eve, and among the crowd behind them can usually be seen the crowned figures of David, Moses, and St. John the Baptist.
June says.........Silly gibberish, written by Catholic theologians.

Michael says........If there is more than one catholic theologen then that means there must be different interpretations of the catholic faith, otherwise wouldn't one theologen just be required?

BUSTED! again!
Michael

Canada

#485910 Oct 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus HIMSELF said "My body is (REAL FOOD) and my blood is (REAL DRINK). You, Truth, are a typical "bible only ---21 century "distorting of over 2000 year of biblical and historical TRUTH" Protestant, who just "makes things up" in order to fit your anti-catholic (distorted opinions)! The fact is that the overwhelming "vast majority" of highly accredited Church Historians, Theologians and Apologistic authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant) "who have studied and researched this subject and know a (great deal more than you will EVER know, debunk and refute your "ridiculous editorialized conclusions"! Get a TRUE Church history lesson instead of relying upon your "modern day" bible only "hack" preachers) and then "get back to me" You have absolutely "no idea"as to what you are talking about, which doesn't surprise ANY of us Catholics!!!!
If every catholic ranted like you do, your church would go down the toilet faster than you could flush it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 17 min Double Fine 36,169
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min ffj 988,400
How did black people get here ( economically) 4 hr Johnny 58
United 175 hit the south [email protected] 6 hr Doctor REALITY 2
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 6 hr Doctor REALITY 15
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 hr scienceanswersall 619,813
We do NOT need any walls! 20 hr Johnny 31
More from around the web