Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,533
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#485600 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. You mentally ill godbots prefer to remain insane.
All we desire is to keep you from infecting others.
Since we,mostly post to each other ...who already believe ...how,are we,so called infecting anyone,??

Though we,wish all peoples,know of our Saviour ...after you know, it's up to you to believe or not ...

Ever read MERE,CHRISTIANITY ..just a,suggestion.

Lewis,also was NOT a,believer

..peace ..

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485601 Oct 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we,mostly post to each other ...who already believe ...how,are we,so called infecting anyone,??....
Maybe others, even your children, will read these posts and avoid the brainwashing you had planned for them.

My loyalty is to the truth, that makes me the enemy of your religion.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485602 Oct 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You never sent me that "recipe".
Yikes...I will send it now...so sorry!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#485603 Oct 27, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You and sera are childish people. You two are very frustrating, very hard to decipher your posts and if we answer your questions with the correct answer , you dog us for several days and then a month later ask the same question again. Its like a circle, very frustrating. I was on this forum a long time ago, don't tell me I followed you, your trying to start something,I think foo taught you how to aggravate others. I can be on any forum I choose. If you spread falsehoods I will correct you. I love my Church and you spread lies about her.
You are questioned repeatedly because your response to the questions posed are inadequate. At times you respond with insult or assumption of victimhood. The nature of this forum is debate. In a debate a person should expect follow up questions.You assume every disagreement with you is either 1 hate against Catholicism 2 stalking.You need to learn how to back up your statements without accusing others of stalking or harassing you.You may have points to make.I suggest you present what you have and disassemble the allegations of harassment or stalking. I thing most here will then take you most Seriously.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#485604 Oct 27, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>You are questioned repeatedly because your response to the questions posed are inadequate....
Hello my friend.

You are one of the few people here who is capable of a well reasoned and supported argument.

I don't agree with all your beliefs but I like you anyway. <smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#485605 Oct 27, 2013
For the record, I believe in Jesus. I just don't believe in Christianity (or Islam).

Location hidden

#485606 Oct 27, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>You are questioned repeatedly because your response to the questions posed are inadequate. At times you respond with insult or assumption of victimhood. The nature of this forum is debate. In a debate a person should expect follow up questions.You assume every disagreement with you is either 1 hate against Catholicism 2 stalking.You need to learn how to back up your statements without accusing others of stalking or harassing you.You may have points to make.I suggest you present what you have and disassemble the allegations of harassment or stalking. I thing most here will then take you most Seriously.
I agree with you and it makes sense.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#485607 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello my friend.
You are one of the few people here who is capable of a well reasoned and supported argument.
Same here. Thanks

Location hidden

#485608 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello my friend.
That is very kind of you to say that!

Location hidden

#485609 Oct 27, 2013
"No Soup For You"! LOL

Location hidden

#485610 Oct 27, 2013
My next recipe will be Peanut Soup for all the peanuts that I receive on this forum..LOLOl

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485611 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
For the record, I believe in Jesus. I just don't believe in Christianity (or Islam).
Jesus is part of Christian mythology which has nothing to do with Judaism, as it was break-away Jews that started the Jesus-myth.

Anyway ... what's IN a name?

"Dear Ihcuc ... Thanks for being my savior and for supporting Jehovah in his quest that all those other bad souls should burn in hell for eternity. Thank you oh holy one named Ihcuc. Amen.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485612 Oct 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if one is a seeker of truth, then their religion is always biased?
People in religions are always biased to their own religion.

Seekers keep on seeking and never claiming to know truth.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485613 Oct 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not bragging June,
Just an observation
As,much as,you seem to hate Our beliefs
Do you HATE my beliefs ... or do you just disagree with them???

:)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#485614 Oct 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Most here,believe that Jesus,Christ is,Lord and,Saviour...
I believe that Jesus is the final Atonement per Leviticus. That makes me closer to a 1st Cent. member of the Jerusalem church led by James than a Pauline (RCC and Protestants)Christian.

I rely heavily on the Hebrew Scriptures as well as the Gospels of Mark and Thomas.
I also reject the (gnostic/pagan) Gospel of John and the entire works of Paul.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485615 Oct 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Paul was preaching to Jews...not Catholics.when he spoke of traditions in both Thessaloinan epistles
It's all based on myth and yours is of no more value than the myths of the ancient Pagans ... except to you and those who mentally swallow the myths as being based on truth.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#485616 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
People in religions are always biased to their own religion.
Seekers keep on seeking and never claiming to know truth.
I am still seeking.

The more I learn the more I know how little anyone knows.
truth

Mandurah, Australia

#485617 Oct 27, 2013
pray for that day for great creation of elimination
yee
evil criminals paralel systems

yeeeeeeeeeeee

its will be as it is

elimination
as describe before

posessors and decivers from past present and they want recreated future of you
but not that you can be happy
that you can be destroy..

evil serve evillllllllllll

i told you

pray for day of great elimination

posossors and decivers are criminals

id

when elimination come they did not know they are great part as in within

they are nothing and nobody

is that nice
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

disign is part of creation

they liked died but can't

entire universum its going be eliminated
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485618 Oct 27, 2013
What right did the Catholics have to change a supposed HOLY name??? I suggest you ask your selves THAT question.

If it was a good enough name for the Greeks, it should have been a good enough name for the Catholics.

RIGHT???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485619 Oct 27, 2013
FISH

Symbol of Christ, seen before the fifth century. The Greek word for fish is ichthus

The Origin of the Christian Fish Symbol

The fish was also established in the Middle East with the goddess of Ephesus who covered her genital region with a fish amulet. There is also a tale of the fish that swallowed the penis of Osiris.

In India, the Goddess Kali was called the fish-eyed one. The fish symbol has been identified with reincarnation and the life force. There was one group in India that believed that a fish held the soul of a deceased person. As part of fertility, the fish is eaten in order to reincarnate the soul in a newborn child.

Celts and other European pagan cultures link the fish to fertility, sexuality, and birth. The fish symbol, long before Christianity, was known as the Great Mother. Fish deities and shrines have been found all over the region.

In the ancient world, there are many other symbolisms found for the fish. In China, the symbol of the fish stands for the Great Mother Kwan-yin. In Egypt, Isis was called the Great Fish of the Abyss. In Scandinavia, Freya, the Great Goddess was honored by the eating of fish. The 6th day of the week was called Friday after her. In the Mediterranean, mysterious religions used fish, wine, and bread for their sacramental meal. In Greece, the word delphos meant womb and fish.

The early Christian church adopted this symbol.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-origin-christian -...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 794,080
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min Rider on the Storm 442,009
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. (Jul '14) 8 min Ed Teach 117
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 min Aura Mytha 5,758
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 21 min WasteWater 120,641
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min lovewithin 39,649
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 21 min WasteWater 5,311
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min lil whispers 607,087
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min Rick in Kansas 267,334
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr HipGnosis 505
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 97,439
More from around the web