Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695500 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485539 Oct 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...hey ..thought I was the cook ;)
Yu is da cook!....LOL I shall call you Chuck Wagon Rosie...LOL
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485540 Oct 27, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you know the truth, Rose. Doesn't it feel good to know the truth?
You can still call yourself Roman Catholic- as do I. Only now it'll be in the correct context.
:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485541 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of COURSE you believe that I will go to hell. That's what being a "devout" Christian en-tales.
I know what my faith believes but I don't speak for God...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485542 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
As a child I knew that I could not belong to the Christian faith, as I had no desire to believe that I would go to heaven while others went to hell.
I always found it odd that so many people would believe that a god they claimed loved everybody, would accept them and yet reject others.
As a child, I realized that the God of the Bible was an evil POS.
I thought Jesus was rebelling against that false deity.
Maybe he was but his message got lost in 2000 years of Christian lies.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485543 Oct 27, 2013
Theologians wrote tales about Moses. No man named Moses wrote in first-person style lingo.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Moses (Heb. Mosheh,“drawn,” i. e. from the water; in the Coptic it means “saved from the water”) the legislator of the Jewish people, and in a certain sense the founder of the Jewish religion.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485544 Oct 27, 2013
Did Moses Write the Pentateuch?

However, outside of the more conservative seminaries and churches, it is commonly held that Moses did not write these books, that they are a compilation of works by numerous writers over an extended period of time.

For example, regarding Moses and God on Mount Sinai, one author of an Old Testament survey writes that, "It would be foolish, for instance, to rationalize the burning bush, as though this vision were something that could have been seen with the objective eye of a camera."{1} Holders of this view reject the notion of supernatural revelation and regard much of the Pentateuch as folklore and Hebrew storytelling.

http://www.probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsEoG/b.422...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485545 Oct 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Truth"<quote d text>
Did Jesus subscribe to the view of "traditions" handed down orally???
----------
What Jesus says about tradition:
Mat 15:2 Why do your (Jesus') disciples transgress the tradition OF THE ELDERS? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
Mat 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment OF GOD by YOUR TRADITION?
Mat 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
Mat 15:5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou might be profited by me;
Mat 15:6 And honor not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment OF GOD of none effect by YOUR TRADITION.
Mar 7:2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashed hands, they found fault.
Mar 7:3 For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands often, eat not, HOLDING THE TRADITION of the elders.
Mar 7:4 And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.
Mar 7:5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not your disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashed hands?
Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well has Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Mar 7:7 Howbeit IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, teaching for doctrines the commandments OF MEN.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, YOU HOLD THE TRADITIONS OF MEN, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well YOU REJECT THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD, so that you may keep YOUR OWN TRADITION.
Mar 7:10 For Moses said, Honor thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
Mar 7:11 But you say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou might be profited by me; he shall be free.
Mar 7:12 And ye permit him no more to do anything for his father or his mother;
Mar 7:13 MAKING THE WORD OF GOD OF NONE EFFECT THROUGH YOUR TRADITION, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
Mark 7:10 identifies Moses writings as scripture which they were to obey.
KayMarie
KayMarie,

Please explain this to Clay...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#485546 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
As a child I knew that I could not belong to the Christian faith, as I had no desire to believe that I would go to heaven while others went to hell.
I always found it odd that so many people would believe that a god they claimed loved everybody, would accept them and yet reject others.
That's because you heard about Christianity from the wrong people. There is only one Church. The people who told you that the entire world is going to hell accept born againers were not authorized to teach on the ministry of Jesus Christ. They will be held accountable for leading you and countless others away from the truth.

Check out the Book, "Jimmy Swaggert made me Catholic" by Tim Staples.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#485547 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Theologians wrote tales about Moses. No man named Moses wrote in first-person style lingo.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.
Moses (Heb. Mosheh,“drawn,” i. e. from the water; in the Coptic it means “saved from the water”) the legislator of the Jewish people, and in a certain sense the founder of the Jewish religion.
All of which is a Christian/Jewish apologetic.

"Moses" is Egyptian for "Son (of)" Just like Ra-Moses (AKA Ramses) is Son f the Sun-God.

Moses is not and never has been a Hebrew name or word.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485548 Oct 27, 2013
The Native Indians were offended when the early Christians labeled their myths as evil, but in return wanted respect for the Christian myths as being based on holy truth.

I completely understand why the Natives were offended ... but I suggest that Christians to this day don't WANT to understand why the Natives were offended.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485549 Oct 27, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you heard about Christianity from the wrong people.
How VERY funny! And how self-serving of you to suggest that YOUR way of believing is the right way!

But then I'm used to such arrogance and ignorance stemming from those in religion.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485550 Oct 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you..
You never sent me that "recipe".
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485551 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"Moses" is Egyptian for "Son (of)" Just like Ra-Moses (AKA Ramses) is Son f the Sun-God.
Thank you for sharing that information.

Theology is all based on tales written by mortal hairy, apelike men, and I suggest that the tales should be taken with a not just a grain, but rather a pillar of salt.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485552 Oct 27, 2013
Often what humans could not understand ... they imagined.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book … The Invasion Within … The Contest of Cultures in Colonial North America by James Axtell.

The Indians regarded the Europeans’ ability to fashion incredible objects and make them work less as mechanical aptitude than as spiritual power. When the Delawares, who once lived along the New Jersey-New York coast, met their first Dutch ship, they concluded that it was a “remarkably large house in which the Mannito (the great or supreme being) himself was present.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485553 Oct 27, 2013
Concerning His disciples he said,“Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.

The truth which proceeded from the Word of God also known as the gospel of our salvation.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485554 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#485555 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing that information.
Theology is all based on tales written by mortal hairy, apelike men, and I suggest that the tales should be taken with a not just a grain, but rather a pillar of salt.
LOL

One of first things we learned in history and anthropology at university is that every document written is biased and subject to fraud and errors.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#485557 Oct 27, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
KayMarie,
Please explain this to Clay...
How about you explain it to me? I believe in Sacred tradition. That's different than plain ol tradition. Jesus wasn't condemning the sacred tradition His Apostles were about to set up. Sacred tradition is the the word of God, because, well, it came from Jesus who is God. This tradition along with the Church He set up, compiled a Bible. Did Jesus or His Apostle command a Bible be compiled?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#485558 Oct 27, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>There was an oral and written Torah
Pure logic....whom can argue against it!!!! "it is written" means it is oral!!!!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485559 Oct 27, 2013
Pilate asked the famous question of Jesus, "What is truth?"

The truth was standing right in front of him.

Pilate didn't even know that Jesus IS the truth.

Jesus revealed to His disciples that He was the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Psalm 19:7

7 The law of the Lord is perfect,
refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Riverside Rednek 59,632
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 43 min waaasssuuup 446,257
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 1 hr MOGADORE 40
Marco Rubio Could Beat Trump in 2020 1 hr MOGADORE 4
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 1 hr MOGADORE 871
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr trifecta1 994,037
Sad Songs That Make You Cry 7 hr The Rose 7
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Mon Pimpy 23
More from around the web