Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654405 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485483 Oct 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
To my knowledge...no Catholic nor Protestant follow the Jewish traditionary law..
Of course NOT! The ex-Jew Catholics vilified the Jews as offenders of all things pure ... and put their own NEW religion UP as the REAL truth. Which was very odd, as (within the theology) Jesus' father ... the one and only god was not at all Catholic in ritual or name or attitude ... as he sent his son to purify the Jews ... NOT to be unfaithful to Judaism in it's purest sense.

That is WHY you should all convert to Judaism ... in order to please the one and only Abrahamic god in the sky.

Yet you ignore my warnings to you that Jehovah is NOT pleased by all this Protestant ... Catholic ... Islamic nonsense.

You have strayed from the one-god dogma. Woe be unto YOU!

Tongue in cheek
truth

Perth, Australia

#485484 Oct 27, 2013
i watching today on top over my head in church
i see they have color glass on top..but i liked see image in color glass as mosaic..others think i am ijuju..see i see them how they think or react..o yee very low organization
as very high..

oh i think look my lovely bird fazan =pterodactyl

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485485 Oct 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are:
Now you are getting the message.

You must a Jew ... to be true to a Jew!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485486 Oct 27, 2013
Rose...check your email..
truth

Perth, Australia

#485487 Oct 27, 2013
see on other side front of altar are wall
see its art there as well with others things with cross INRI..
but its stay Jew symbol
yeeeeee

its visible
in another church you can't see

church as saint Lawrence
which oppose law of Rome yeeeee
saints as people call Marty
he don't liked money
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo
what a oppose today bible story
tax collectors and so on..

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485488 Oct 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
..insulting people ..or following them or dragging things,from.one forum.to another ...That is harassing and,stalking..
I disagree. Insulting people can mean different things to different people.

When those in religion continue again and again to say they are praying for an Atheist, or that "god" loves the Atheist ... that is an insult TO some Atheists ... but I wouldn't call it stalking or harassing.

I've been called most every negative name in the book, and I figure that goes with posting on a forum. I have never reported anyone ... even when I was accused of murdering my children ... and I don't intend TO ever report anyone. I can leave the forum if the heat gets too hot for my liking ... but freedom to express opinions is what we are here for, and if those in religion believe that I will burn in hell, et cetera, it's their right to express those beliefs.

I even found someone using my name to post on another thread. Had I not caught the person who knows what the readers would have believed. But I knew the hazards when I decided to use my own name ... so let the chips fall where they may.

We all take chances, and in turn hope for the best results.

Also, I don't mind people putting negative icons on my posts, as I take it that I hit a raw nerve in their mentalities.

And away we go! Where we stop ... I suggest ... nobody knows......

:)

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485489 Oct 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
I am going to call it a night God Bless You All!!
Except the ones that are destined to hell???

:)

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485490 Oct 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt. And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
Theologians all wowed the crowds with their poetic "gifts."

But you never read words FROM the supposed master Jesus such as "'I' stretched forth MY hand and caught him and said ... blah, blah, blah."

Had Jesus lived, he would have been able to write in the first person.

But not one word did such a man of learned abilities write.

The Catholic theologians did ALL that writing!

And that is how all myths of gods and goddesses were created ... by the imaginations of mortal men ... as masters of poetic-jargon.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#485491 Oct 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
He also referred to Scripture not found in the Torah nor any other part of the OT....
Mt 4:4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Lu 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
There was an oral and written Torah

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485492 Oct 27, 2013
If you continue to preach either Catholicism, Protestantism or Islam as the Abrahamic truth ... you are insinuating that the god of the Jews, Jehovah LIED when it was written that the Jews were/are his chosen few.

THAT is the bottom line. Take it or leave it.

I don't believe any of it ... but if you believe there was and is one god ... and it was written in black and white that Jehovah chose the Jews as his chosen few ... and you now believe otherwise ... somewhere there IS a HUGE lie being perpetrated ... again and again and again.

You can't HAVE it both ways.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485493 Oct 27, 2013
Again ... I remind you that at one time the Jews were all polytheists ... believing in many gods and goddesses.

I suggest that it was greed that in turn caught some of those cunning Jews breaking away from polytheism in the quest to create a world religion where they hoped that their one god would rule over all humanity.

Being totally self-oriented ... humans are not trustworthy ... and those men with pens known as theologians ... were masters of deceit.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485494 Oct 27, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>There was an oral and written Torah
Everything started out as oral before it was then "written."

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485495 Oct 27, 2013
Discovery Channel

Polygyny, the most common form of polygamy, describes when a man has multiple wives at the same time. In plural marriages of this kind, the men frequently father dozens of children, because they're able to impregnate their many wives at the same time.

The practice dates back to Biblical times. Ancient Jewish doctrines encouraged polygyny because Jews were a minority, and they could reproduce more rapidly. Today, some orthodox Jewish sects continue to support polygyny, and some believe the Talmud even encourages it.

http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/what -...

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485496 Oct 27, 2013
Their science was somewhat lacking ... but note the word "gods" as plural.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Myths and Myth-Makers – Old Tales And Superstitions By Comparative Mythology … John Fiske

According to the ancient Jew, the sky was a solid plate, hammered out by the gods, and spread over the earth in order to keep up the ocean overhead: but the plate was full of little windows, which were opened whenever it became necessary to let the rain come through.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485497 Oct 27, 2013
The Hebrew Goddess

Asherah, known as the "Lady of the Sea"

Asherah, the Shekinah, consort and beloved of Yahweh. God-the-Mother. Her sacred pillars or poles once stood right beside Yahweh's altar, embracing it. Moses and Aaron both carried one of these Asherah "poles" as a sacred staff of power. The Children of Israel were once dramatically healed simply by gazing at the staff with serpents suspended from it. This symbol, the snakes and the staff, has become the modern universal symbol for doctors and healers.* Asherah was also widely known in the Middle Eastern ancient world as a Goddess of Healing. Then She was removed forcibly from the Old Testament Hebrew Scriptures around 400 or 500 B.C.

http://www.northernway.org/hgoddess.html

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485498 Oct 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Rose...check your email..
Reading now,..thanks,

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485499 Oct 27, 2013
I suggest that none of the fables were based on truth. Theologians were paid to imagine theories that would entice followers to believe ... period.

That is why the stories never coincided with other stories. Men in different cultures, with different imaginations ... wrote different tales.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Shekhina; The Feminine Aspect of God ~
The Esoteric Teachings of Jesus and the Nazarene Essenes

The Shekinah is held by many to represent the feminine attributes of the presence of God (shekhinah being a feminine word in Hebrew), based especially on readings of the Talmud and the Kabbalah. The word 'Matronit' is also employed to represent this usage. Comparative Religionists suggest a comparison to shakti, the female energy of Hindu gods, and to the Christian concept of the Holy Spirit.

http://www.thenazareneway.com/feminine_god.ht...

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485500 Oct 27, 2013
My words ... how homosexuals were valued in the Native cultures ... BEFORE the Christians indoctrinated the Natives with their wretched idea that a god was offended by homosexuality.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Before the indoctrination of the “holy books,” the Native American Indians could not read the white humans language and had their own form of religion. Most tribes valued gayness and gay transvestites were often healers of a tribe. The tribes believed that these people had special intellectual, artistic and spiritual qualities. Some tribes held special ceremonies to test whether a boy or girl was gay. Among the Crow Indians, homosexual men cut down the tree used in the Sundance Ceremony. Regardless of their sexual orientation, the tribes valued these people.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485501 Oct 27, 2013
From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

At bottom the Church’s male celibate—but perhaps still more precisely because of—all their dogmatic elaborations about Mary have always passed her over as a person and as a real woman. They have seen her role in salvation history in their celibate fashion, and in this role they have bestowed on her miraculous attributes. They have hung this image, so alien to humanity, on the walls of their sterile masculine mental world.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#485502 Oct 27, 2013
Romans 10:17
'So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.'

The gospel is given, not only to be known and believed, but to be obeyed. It is not a system of notions, but a rule of practice.

The beginning, progress, and strength of faith is by hearing.

But it is only hearing the word, as the word of God that will strengthen faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Joe Fortuna 64,602
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 9 min RichieBoi 165
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min another viewer 973,938
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,599
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr gundee123 106,600
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 45,282
40+ big black men for white sissy transvestites (Jan '13) 1 hr ChristinaMarieCD 13
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 183,213
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Brian_G 281,947
More from around the web