Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
468,141 - 468,160 of 532,771 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>That is just stupid. You act like a little kid. Also I think an Orthodox priest's wife would laugh at you. But everyone laughs at you, right? I will post whatever I want.
~~~
While you are posting whatever you want...your brain is
recording your thoughts and your actions,,,
Come judgement day your own brain will play back and cite your sins before God..
So go ahead and be as profane as you wish ,,,
God has given you the privilege to renew your mind..
and erase them by confessing them to him.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Note
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
When we confess them
Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
The Bible goes on to say...

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

(YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS BEST PAY CLOSE ATTENTION THE THE NEXT VERSE...

THE SON OF GOD IS THE LIVING WORD OF GOD...THE WORD MADE FLESH ..

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.)

NOTE

Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God,

and hath counted the blood of the covenant,

wherewith he was sanctified,

an unholy thing, and hath done despite

unto the Spirit of grace?

Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

I've posted many times that the early Jews were polytheists, and that it was a group of break-away rebel Jews that created the one-god dogma.

You also ignore that history.

I've also posted that the early Jews were polygamists, and many believed in reincarnation ... but that history is also ignored as though it doesn't exist.

Again and again I've posted that there were many savior-gods before the mythical Jesus that were supposed to come and save those in other cultures long before Christianity ... but you ignore that information.

You can stay where you are in your belief in the idea that a Jew was destined to save only Christians for eternal bliss in an afterlife, if you insist on ignoring everything put before you.

But when by so-doing, you believe you own truth, I suggest you are simply living lives based on the self-flattery of illusion.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

<quoted text>
The Bible goes on to say...
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
(YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS BEST PAY CLOSE ATTENTION THE THE NEXT VERSE...
THE SON OF GOD IS THE LIVING WORD OF GOD...THE WORD MADE FLESH ..
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.)
NOTE
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God,
and hath counted the blood of the covenant,
wherewith he was sanctified,
an unholy thing, and hath done despite
unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
You use scriptures as battering rams and defense mechanisms.

But are defending truth ... or are you defending your own CONCEPTS of truth?

There might be a vast chasm between the two, and maybe only your arrogance fills the space in between.

Pride often comes before a fall.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I believe that we are all mentally connected through some form of hard-wiring, and that is what makes us so dumb. We all pull at each other's dumb strings, and yank each other here and there in hopes of not becoming any dumber.
:)
I've been physically ill ... but emotionally content ... thank you.
I hope you are getting better June.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

on INRI
not Marcy
no law
its suffering
its pain
than any pain not exist
much more crown pain

i resist that pain

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

I can't tell you what, if anything occurs after death of physical bodies of any forms of life.

I'll have to wait to either find out, or I won't find out anything, as I will sleep the long sleep of death.

Either way, as long as I am on earth, I won't pretend to be a fortune teller of the future. I comprehend and in all honesty admit that I'm not qualified to know.

That is my confession.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you are getting better June.
Thank you. Much appreciated.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can't debate outside the bible ... the trick is, to fall back ON the bible.
:)
I DON'T FALL BACK ON THE BIBLE..I LOOK UP TO THE BIBLE .One cannot fall back upon that which is above them......

You attempt to beat the word of God to pieces,

Others that have attempted it before you...

have only self destructed....

The same thing will happen to you...it is an axiom...

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

I hope that before I die, I can persuade at least a few people to climb out from under the clutches of the theologians and stop being right-fighters in defense of the individual cults.

I don't plan to die anytime soon, but I have no control over the fact that when the cells in my body shut down, my body will be of no more use to me whatsoever.

Death doesn't frighten me ... but as we are all fully aware, the suffering that can occur before death can be very unpleasant indeed.

In case anyone is wondering why I've been so ill, I suffer from asthma and on top of the asthma I came down with a horrible cold.

I think I'm on the mend from this one, as I am now able to breath with at least a certain amount of ease.

Thanks to those who sent me their best wishes. Much appreciated.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

<quoted text>
I DON'T FALL BACK ON THE BIBLE..I LOOK UP TO THE BIBLE
Without being able to flaunt scriptures at others, you would be empty-handed in your struggle to believe you can win arguments.

You know it and I know it.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Why people would have a desire to believe they are a god's chosen ones is beyond me.

The whole religious idea of being special over other humans and other forms of life is repulsive to me, and ought never to be taught to little vulnerable children.

We can't have new beginnings until we admit that we don't know the future.

If we don't leave the arrogance of religion behind, new generations will be raised up to be right-fighters. And that is not a good thing in any sense of the word "good."

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>That is just stupid. You act like a little kid. Also I think an Orthodox priest's wife would laugh at you. But everyone laughs at you, right? I will post whatever I want.
With gems like this I think it is very unChristian for people to not read your posts (its been called "shunning" you.Why would we not take time out of our lives to read such exquisite commentary.So unChristian ! Its shocking!

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Theologians taught that it is a sin to admit we don't know what happens after death of physical bodies.

I suggest that the word sin ought to be thrown into the garbage bin of history as a trouble-making word of no value.

We are mortal humans, struggling to make sense out of suffering and wanting to escape suffering ... but I suggest that if we want suffering to cease in humans, humans will have to stop reproducing.

There is no other way.

Observe the time on earth of suffering for other animals that must reproduce, and that ought to give an indication that unless humans go extinct ... suffering will continue in humans as it has in all other animals.

Let us be realistic. No savior is going to magically pop from the sky and end suffering. That is silly nonsensical gibberish put forth by ignorant theologians, just as was the word "sin."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Without being able to flaunt scriptures at others, you would be empty-handed in your struggle to believe you can win arguments.
You know it and I know it.
~~~

1Ti_3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

God's word has no foe...it is with out controversy ..

Isa_45:9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Isa_45:11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

Isa_51:13 And forgettest the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor?

Isa 51:14 The captive exile hasteneth that he may be loosed, and that he should not die in the pit, nor that his bread should fail.
Isa 51:15 But I am the LORD thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves roared: The LORD of hosts is his name.

Isa_54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously Anthony ..no..And honestly...That a disciple wrote something as he travelled with or after Jesus in. No way contradicts anything at all.
I DID NOT as you said...Say they passed out these writings .
I'm saying the Gospels might have been contributed to
By earlier writing .
Nothing anywhere contradicts that .NOWHERR does it say nothing was written ever about Christ until 30 years later when it was known.
If writing something down was not Catholic ..You folks would have to throw,a lot of things away .
This has nothing to do with your religion..
And I sincerely hope you saw my answer to you regarding the telephone comment .me being such an old lady and all
All those WRITINGS you folks throw out at us ..a few which seen not o agree on some things ..are exactly the point ...people WROTE ..
SO IT WOULD NOT BE A GAME OF TELEPHONE ..
Ok Rose, yes, it's possbile they jotted some things down, even though the bible doesn't mention one word about it, however there was NO New Testament for many decades after Christ's Ascension. The question for you is do you accept the fact that the Church existed BEFORE the NT did?

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

It's not a sin or a crime to say the three big words "I DON'T KNOW!"

It's very cleansing of all religious debris to admit not knowing answers to what remains mysteries.

Theologians can't string me along any more!

What a relief.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

your Sfo iz zero to
as inter-grate cheese maker for 1/4
4FO FOKALO AS WELL STOCALO STOCK
A TAKO SVAKA TOCKA HOCE DA SE BOCKA

FALL
YOU NOT GOING KNOW WHERE VAZ ANE BIRD IS FAZAN IS VERY FUN FUNNY

FAZAN HAVE MANY COLORS
YEEEE
FAZAN AS SMALL COCKY PJETLIC VJETRIC
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I think what she was meaning is that they could have written notes to be used later....
Right, I get that, and maybe it's possible. The underlying issue is most folks here think the bible came before the Church and that people were converted using the NT writings and not the oral tradition we both accept as the means of transmission for the first several decades.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
It's not a sin or a crime to say the three big words "I DON'T KNOW!"
I'm telling.

Boy, you're gonna get it now.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

truth wrote:
your Sfo iz zero to
as inter-grate cheese maker for 1/4
4FO FOKALO AS WELL STOCALO STOCK
A TAKO SVAKA TOCKA HOCE DA SE BOCKA
FALL
YOU NOT GOING KNOW WHERE VAZ ANE BIRD IS FAZAN IS VERY FUN FUNNY
FAZAN HAVE MANY COLORS
YEEEE
FAZAN AS SMALL COCKY PJETLIC VJETRIC
Gibberish much?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

460 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min EdmondWA 93,721
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min Naveen kumar 4,702
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 8 min In Obama Gays Trust 24
Last Word + 2 17 min andet1987 79
6.5 inches big or small? (Feb '13) 19 min andet1987 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min BenAdam 720,520
Birthers question Obama's citizenship and passport (Oct '11) 42 min yon 71
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr eyeful 172,395
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 256,493
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Szajen 75
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr Krackerjacks 115,083
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000