Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646608 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485373 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
But you were already shown WHY its called Roman Catholic. And its NOT the reasons you wish it was. You were also shown where the term first originated, and it wasn't by the Catholic Church.
You said why.

The nuns,and priests,I learned from told,ME that is how,we refer to the Catholic Church ...we're they all Protestants,.

We're,at least 2CATECHISMS, lying ..

Sorry I still know,EHAT I learned FROM CATHOLICS..not even sure,I knew,a,Proestant . Certainly not in school.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485374 Oct 26, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
You ignored my question to you AGAIN.
Within the Abrahamic theology ... do you believe that Jesus would want you to be a Catholic, a Protestant, a Muslim ... or a Jew???
That's a simple question.
I would suggest ... a Jew ... wouldn't YOU?

----------
I didn't see that question.

Jesus would want me to be a follower of His. As He is Christ, that would mean He wants me to be a REAL Christian. Christ-ian (like).
Like Himself.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#485375 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You went to a Catholic grade school that followed the Roman rite mass and Roman missal. This is because they belong to the diocese of Rome. Hence, Roman Catholic.
If you grew up in North East Minneapolis and attended St. John the Baptist Byzantine Catholic Church, you would NOT be Roman Catholic. Do you understand that now, Rose? Not wouldn't be ROMAN Catholic. Nobody in that Catholic Church calls themselves Roman Catholic. But they are just as true as the other 23 Catholic Churches. Got it now?
You need to start embracing things you learn instead of clinging on to lies.
Roman Catholic Church - Beliefs and Practices of the Roman ...
christianity.about.com ›...› Denominations › Roman Catholicism&#8206;
by Mary Fairchild - in 526 Google+ circles
An overview of the Roman Catholic Church as a Christian denomination including the beliefs and practices of the church, and a comparison of the distinguishing ...

See: Roman Catholic Church as a Christian denomination

#485376 Oct 26, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
AWWW now that's not nice.
I don't call you a Hitler for believing others will spend eternity in hell.
I'm trying to have a simple discussion with you.

----------
I didn't call you Hitler. I said that he would agree with your statement.(Amen means 'so be it')

Speaking of 'nice', several of us have told you that God loves you, and opens His arms to you if you will come to Him. You continue to insist that He doesn't exist.

If He does not exist, what will become of you when your body dies?
The bible tells us that our spirit is never-dying. I am quite old, but I can easily believe that, because inside I do not feel older than when I was a child. It is just this physical body that is 'old'.

KayMarie
Liam

Chicago, IL

#485377 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
BALTIMORE #2,
Same thing ..I'm not making this,up.
http://catecheticsonline.com/...
If you grew up in another part of Minneapolis and attended St. Constantine Ukrainian Catholic Church, you would never call yourself Roman Catholic. It wouldn't make sense. Not one document of Vatican II was signed 'Roman Catholic Church'. That too would NOT make sense. The title of the Church is Catholic. Vatican II didn't exclude Ukrainian Catholic or Byzantine Catholic.
Now do you comprehend?
I swear I have never conversed with such a forcefully ignorant group of people like I have on this forum. None of you have one inkling of a desire for actual truth.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485378 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You went to a Catholic grade school that followed the Roman rite mass and Roman missal. This is because they belong to the diocese of Rome. Hence, Roman Catholic.
If you grew up in North East Minneapolis and attended St. John the Baptist Byzantine Catholic Church, you would NOT be Roman Catholic. Do you understand that now, Rose? Not wouldn't be ROMAN Catholic. Nobody in that Catholic Church calls themselves Roman Catholic. But they are just as true as the other 23 Catholic Churches. Got it now?
So there,ate different versions,of the,Baltimore,CATECHISM ??

I WAS A ROMAN CATHOLIC ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485379 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
We,ha were in the,Diocese of New,York .

Printed,on all our tests,...And other literature ..not Rome

#485380 Oct 26, 2013
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
Oldest mosque,1934 ''certainly not the early settlers,.
http://faroutliers.wordpress.com/2006/12/22/t...

----------
The Muslims demanded that America pay them a tax when Jefferson was president. He read the Qu'ran (got one for himself) to see how to deal with them. He sent our Marine's to stop them...and they did.

Remember the Marine Hymn?

U.S. Marine Corps Hymn (Marine Hymn) "From the Halls of Montezuma To the Shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine. Our flag's unfurled to every breeze From dawn to setting sun; We have fought in ev'ry clime and place Where we could take a gun; In the snow of far-off Northern lands And in sunny tropic scenes; You will find us always on the job-- The United States Marines."

We were free from them until 9/11.

KayMarie
Liam

Chicago, IL

#485381 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You said why.
The nuns,and priests,I learned from told,ME that is how,we refer to the Catholic Church ...we're they all Protestants,.
We're,at least 2CATECHISMS, lying ..
Sorry I still know,EHAT I learned FROM CATHOLICS..not even sure,I knew,a,Proestant . Certainly not in school.
Your new name is now Rosejg or Oxrose. This is because you've proven that you have no desire for truth and have made up your mind on what you wish to believe about the Catholic faith.

#485382 Oct 26, 2013
who="Liam " <quoted text>
You just proved that the word of God is not confined to documented writings. So why do you only follow the written word of God and dismiss the oral word of God?(2thess 2:15)

----------
And who is to judge WHICH oral word is of God? That would open the door to lots of kooks to declare that their word is of God.

Yes, I know that there are already lots of kooks who do that. THAT is why we need the Bible.

KayMarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485383 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved that the word of God is not confined to documented writings. So why do you only follow the written word of God and dismiss the oral word of God?(2thess 2:15)
Did Jesus subscribe to the view of "traditions" handed down orally???

#485384 Oct 26, 2013
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
There is no cure for your problem!!!
Torah: The first five books of the Hebrew Scriptures.
Christ built His church, which is Christianity, hundreds of years after the Torah was....it is first referenced in Joshua....

----------
Jesus many times did or said something, "so that the scripture might be fulfilled".
When His turn came to read the scriptures in the Temple, He read from ISAIAH.
He fulfilled over 300 prophesies from the O.T. concerning Himself.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485385 Oct 26, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_A...

http://www.archny.org/archives/bicentennial-c...

Best I can find on History ..

But I thought ALL CATHOLICS in my generation at least
Studied from the BALTIMIRE CATECHISM

#485386 Oct 26, 2013

----------
But the Vatican is at Rome. Votes for Pope take place there...Rome is HEADQUARTERS OF THE CC.

23 Catholic churches??? Are you saying that Protestants aren't the only ones who are divided?

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485387 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your new name is now Rosejg or Oxrose. This is because you've proven that you have no desire for truth and have made up your mind on what you wish to believe about the Catholic faith.
LOVELY ,...read the links,I gave ...calling me,NAMES,does,NOT CHANGE what I learned .

I.am mos certainly NOT OX ''but ave your fun at my expense,for telling you get truth .

What do You People learn in Church or school now,.

I don't call anyone names ..it's,rude .

I can your CHURCH THE NAME IT GAVE ITSELF ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485388 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You know,some day you may be older ...And your Church will have changed yet some other thing about itself ...

And you'll say but this is,WHAT I LEARNED ..And,someone will call You names,..

#485389 Oct 26, 2013
If you grew up in another part of Minneapolis and attended St. Constantine Ukrainian Catholic Church, you would never call yourself Roman Catholic. It wouldn't make sense. Not one document of Vatican II was signed 'Roman Catholic Church'. That too would NOT make sense. The title of the Church is Catholic. Vatican II didn't exclude Ukrainian Catholic or Byzantine Catholic.
Now do you comprehend?
I swear I have never conversed with such a forcefully ignorant group of people like I have on this forum. None of you have one inkling of a desire for actual truth.

----------
No, friend. We are not 'forcefully ignorant', we just don't agree with your memorized Catholic 'truths'.

Do you 'have an inkling of desire for actual truth'? If you do, you won't be afraid to examine what we have told you. If your 'truth' is founded on The Rock, you don't need to fear that it will crumble.

Think about it...

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485390 Oct 26, 2013
Dear Father

Another week gone .. I pray for my family and all families of people here .

For health ..healing ..And spiritual regeneration...And GENERATION in The hearts,of lived one's who do not acknowledge you .

I pray for less animosity in the world ..in our country And on this board ..

That differences need not generate hatred ..or UN Christian sentiments ..

Please,bless,US,all ..Believer and,Non believer alike,

In Jesus,name AMEN
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485391 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Ephesians 3:4-5

4 <<<In reading this,>>> then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,

5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#485392 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
----------
But the Vatican is at Rome. Votes for Pope take place there...Rome is HEADQUARTERS OF THE CC.
23 Catholic churches??? Are you saying that Protestants aren't the only ones who are divided?
KayMarie
No Kay, these names do not identify separate Churches. They identify different diocese and rites. Its still one faith and one fold. No theological division.
The real reason behind the title Roman completely screws up fundamental Christianity. Its absolutely essential for y'all to ignore it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 48,739
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min AussieBobby 281,256
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,688
... 1 hr jorvajor 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr KellyP_Onuandher 2,063
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Aura Mytha 971,689
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr karl44 105,620
More from around the web