Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667859 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#485317 Oct 26, 2013
It's silly to trust other people's words to be based on truth, simply because they claimed the words were based on truth.

Anybody can make up fables, and the theologians earned their livings at fable-making.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Gnosticism is a passionate protest against the idea that existence is good. It is governed by a deep pessimism, which stood in opposition to the world view of late Antiquity. It is true that the Greeks were familiar with the deprecation of matter—talk about the body as the prison of the soul goes back to Plato (Gorgias 493 A)—but the cosmos (= beauty and order, cf.“cosmetics”) was a unified, graduated structure from bottom to top without a break between matter and spirit. The demonization of all corporality and all matter was unknown before the invasion of Gnosticism. This invasion of negation was so powerful that it proved capable of transforming Antiquity’s feelings for life.

Prince George, Canada

#485318 Oct 26, 2013
They were nothing but ancient fools.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Ancient Taboo Against Menstrual Blood and It’s Christian Consequences

Around the year 200 the Church Fathers Clement of Alexandria (d. 215?) and Origen (d. 254)[echoed two centuries later by Jerome (d. 420) claimed that children conceived during menstruation were born impaired. As Jerome wrote:“When a man has intercourse with his wife at this time, the children born from this union are leprous and hydrocephalic; and the corrupted blood causes the plague-ridden bodies of both sexes to be either too small or too large”(Commentary on Ezekiel 18, 6).
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485319 Oct 26, 2013
Joshua 1:8

8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything WRITTEN in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485320 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
This proves the fact that JESUS WAS SENT TO THE JEW'S FIRST
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own,(THE JEWS) and his own (THE JEWS)received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him,(THE GENTILES..HEATHENS) to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
NOTE TO THE JEW FIRST--->
Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 --> Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth
evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; <--
Rom 2:10 --> But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh
good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: <--
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
~~~
NOTE

GOD GAVE JESUS (HIS KING ON THE HOLY HILL OF ZION )

THE HEATHEN/GENTILES...FOR HIS INHERITANCE

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance,

Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king/JESUS upon my holy hill of Zion.

Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me,

Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Psa 2:8

===> Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance,

and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. <==

Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Psa 2:10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

Psa 2:11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Psa 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little.

Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485321 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you believe that most of the world's population will spend eternity in hell for not being Christian ... how much (on a scale from one to ten) do you believe is your "sense" of "charity?"
I don't believe most of the world's population will spend eternity in hell, so 9.5.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#485322 Oct 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are misunderstand Marges post..
Thanks Seraphima!! HOPEFULLY---I would like to think that you are correct!!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#485323 Oct 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
1. Where do Christians get their faith?
Christians go to the Bible.
2. What is the Bible?
The Bible, called the Holy Scriptures, containing the Old and New Testaments, 66 Books only, is the Word of God and the only infallible source of Divine Truth and Divine Commandment. It is without error and is infallible.
Rome has added other books to the Bible, called the Apocryphal. The Council of Trent (Session 4) enumerated these books "Lest any doubt should arise respecting the sacred books which are received by the Council:
Tobias
Judith
The Dream of Mardochai (added to the Book of Esther)
Wisdom
Ecclesiasticus
Baruch
The Song of the Three Children (inserted in the 3rd chapter of Daniel, from the 25th to the 91st verse, Douay Bible)
The Prayer of Manasses
and the First and Second Books of Maccabees."
True Christians reject these books:
First, they were never received, acknowledged or admitted into the canon of the Old Testament Scripture by the Jews, to whom, St Paul says, "the words of God were committed" (Romans 3:2); nor are they included in the cataloge of sacred books given to Josephus, the Jewish historian.
Second, not one of the Apocryphal books was written in pure Hebrew.
Third, the Apocryphal books are never quoted by our Lord or His Apostles.
Fourth, they were rejected by the primitive Church (Eusebius: Hist., lib. Iv, c. 26).
Fifth, they were rejected from the canon of inspired Scripture by Jerome, Origen, Athanasius, Cyril, Hilary, Gregory Nazianzen, etc.
Sixth, the Council of Laodicea, held in the year 364, whose canons were received and confirmed by the Council of Chalcedon in 451, delivers the catalogue of the canonical books as they are received in the Protestant Church.
3. How do Christians know that the Bible is the Word of God?
The Bible manifests itself to be the Word of God by its claim, and the proof of its claim in its majesty, purity, invincibility, infallibility, integrity and authority, but especially the witness of the Holy Spirit of God in the heart which alone is able to persuade that it is indeed the very Word of God.
4. Who is a Christian?
A Christian is any person, no matter what his color, class or creed may have been, who believes the Record that God has given of His Son in the Word of God; accepts the verdict of God upon himself as a sinner; confesses that he is lost and hell-deserving; makes bare his heart and all his sins to God only; asks to be cleansed in the Savior's Precious Blood, throwing himself for salvation by faith alone, through grace alone, on Christ alone. The true Christian gladly confesses: "I'm only a sinner and nothing at all, but Jesus Christ is my all in all."
5. What is the Church?
The Church on earth is the whole company of all redeemed ones who have believed in Christ alone to the salvation of their souls; whose infallible rule is the Holy Scriptures; and who are seeking, by the Holy Spirit, to win lost souls for Christ. This is the true Universal or Catholic Church on earth.
1. Where does the Bible say we're supposed to go to the Bible alone for our faith?

2. Where does the Bible say its 66 Books? And WHICH 66 Books?

3. you said "The Bible manifests itself as the word of God by its claim". Book, Chapter and verse where it claims this.

4. Where does the Bible define a Christian as that? Throwing himself for salvation by faith alone?? Book chapter and verse plz. Was James a Christian then: "do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also is faith apart from works dead" James does not identify a Christian as someone having faith alone, why do you?

5. The Church is a group of people, you say, who believe in Christ alone and who's infallible rule is the Holy Scriptures?? Book chapter and verse that says that!

You need to stop prompting the Bible up as a god.

Prince George, Canada

#485324 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
This proves the fact that JESUS WAS SENT TO THE JEW'S FIRST
And (within the theology) that would mean that Jesus wanted the Jews to shape up and be BETTER Jews.

Catholicism and Protestantism and Islam are not BEING better Jews ... they are traitors to Judaism.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485325 Oct 26, 2013
2 Samuel 23:2

2 “The Spirit of the Lord <<<spoke through me;>>>
HIS WORD was on my tongue.

The authority of the Scriptures is NOT founded then on the authority of the church-group of people "CALLED OUT": it is the church-group of people "CALLED OUT" that is founded on the authority of the Scriptures."

Prince George, Canada

#485326 Oct 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
Joshua 1:8
8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything WRITTEN in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
If you believed that you were one of the ones to spend eternity in hell ... would you still trust everything written in the book???

You and I both KNOW ... you wouldn't!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#485327 Oct 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand.
Gnostic was given to a group of men by the early "Church Fathers" because of the root word "gnosis" - meaning knowledge.
"The Gnostic Society Library" the name of the association that has translated these texts, is just a name used. ALthough this society of scholars are probably not "Gnostic" in their belief, it is only a name being used.
It doesn't mean GoThomas is Gnostic, it just categorizes this book with them.
IMO - if one is to think these teachings are "Gnostic" then one must also include the canonical teachings as "Gnostic" as well, but people don't - because other men said they weren't. "God" never did.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you gave me a link which SAYS Gnostic ..then don't like if I
Refer to it as such ....
Sorry ..how would I know that
Not playing .
Research.

You aren't afraid to understand your religion you practice, are you?

#485328 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You gave me your CONCEPT of truth. I suggest you get that straight.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
concept
noun
noun: concept;&#8195;plural noun: concepts
an abstract idea. "structuralism is a difficult concept"
synonyms: idea, notion, conception, abstraction, conceptualization
https://www.google.ca/#q=concept+definition
~~~~

JESUS SAID

Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

THE WORD OF GOD IS NOT SUBJECT TO YOUR CONCEPTS.

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the

truth,(DEFINED IN GREEK )

G225
&#945;&#787;&#955; &#951;&#769;&#952; &#949;&#953;&#945;
ale&#772;theia
al-ay'-thi-a
From G227; truth:- true, X truly, truth, verity.

and the truth shall make you

free.(DEFINED IN GREEK)

G1659
&#949;&#787;&#955; &#949;&#965;&#952; &#949;&#961;&#959; &#769;&#969;
eleutheroo&#772;
el-yoo-ther-o'-o
From G1658; to liberate, that is,(figuratively) to exempt (from moral, ceremonial or mortal liability):- deliver, make free.
Wildcat

Plymouth, MA

#485329 Oct 26, 2013
The RCC was the beginning of the Apostasy away from the Truth of God.The RCC has been the church that Satan has used to teach his doctrines to usurp the position of Jesus. Jesus is still prayed to etc, but the truth of Gods Word has been subverted, twisted as it were to teach other things and then have the translators, influenced by his ideas..It's already written in their translation, just like the JW who have changed the word of God to line up with their ideology.
It was the first church,[RCC] i grant you that but their twisting scripture to suit their teachings was the reason the protesters in the 16-19th century rebelled by forming their own ideology and building their theology and creating new churches. This as you know was the start of the Protestant reforming the Holy Bible to their ideology..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485330 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Sera, I've prayed on it for some time and even talked to my priest. Charity above all. I will fail at that occasionally, but not nearly as often as before. May God bless you and Nick.
Thanks,for that praying on that subject ..And person. Bihar tried for months,ignoring her ..then it gets,worse or my friends,insulted .
Anyway..I pray for her and my anger ..myself

I know,I can be,stubborn ..And have opinions,...And some sarcasm.

But I respect you a lot . I DO NOT HATE THE CHURCH..

I have doubts,about the Church I was a child in..and what has Bern done in the past ...But I BELIEVE many CATHOLICS love Jesus,as much as,I do .

I try NEVER to personally insult anyone ...on this board or any other .
Certain people think I should ..

Any way you've Bern patient and respectful ..even though..I'm not THAT
old,..Lol.

PEACE

Prince George, Canada

#485331 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
3. you said "The Bible manifests itself as the word of God by its claim".
The theologians in Catholicism taught that the words in the bible are of god.

But no god ever wrote a human word. Only men in all religions wrote words and more and more words.

It sounds more HOLY to claim the bible is the WORD of god ... doesn't it???

Those theologians were crafty indeed!

Prince George, Canada

#485332 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
JESUS SAID
Do you believe that if Jesus could speak to now ... friend to friend ... that he would want you to be a Catholic like the pope, a Protestant like Martin Luther ... OR ... a Jew, like his self???

You can play the ignorant game until you die, if that is your wish.

#485333 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
JESUS SAID
Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
THE WORD OF GOD IS NOT SUBJECT TO YOUR CONCEPTS.
Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the
truth,(DEFINED IN GREEK )
G225
&#945;&#787;&#955; &#951;&#769;&#952; &#949;&#953;&#945;
ale&#772;theia
al-ay'-thi-a
From G227; truth:- true, X truly, truth, verity.
and the truth shall make you
free.(DEFINED IN GREEK)
G1659
&#949;&#787;&#955; &#949;&#965;&#952; &#949;&#961;&#959; &#769;&#969;
eleutheroo&#772;
el-yoo-ther-o'-o
From G1658; to liberate, that is,(figuratively) to exempt (from moral, ceremonial or mortal liability):- deliver, make free.
THE TRUTH FROM GOD'S WORD MAKES YOU FREE AS YOU OBEY IT...

THIS CANNOT BE SAID OF ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS...EVER WRITTEN

RELIGIOUS OR OTHERWISE...

JESUS SAID,,,

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev_22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments,

that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through

the gates into the city.

Prince George, Canada

#485334 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
You misunderstand.
Gnostic was given to a group of men by the early "Church Fathers" because of the root word "gnosis" - meaning knowledge.

Gnosticism is a passionate protest against the idea that existence is good. It is governed by a deep pessimism, which stood in opposition to the world view of late Antiquity. It is true that the Greeks were familiar with the deprecation of matter—talk about the body as the prison of the soul goes back to Plato (Gorgias 493 A)—but the cosmos (= beauty and order, cf.“cosmetics”) was a unified, graduated structure from bottom to top without a break between matter and spirit. The demonization of all corporality and all matter was unknown before the invasion of Gnosticism. This invasion of negation was so powerful that it proved capable of transforming Antiquity’s feelings for life.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#485336 Oct 26, 2013
Wildcat wrote:
The RCC was the beginning of the Apostasy away from the Truth of God....
So the Hebrew god is the one true god?

Prince George, Canada

#485337 Oct 26, 2013
Theologians in all religions were nutcases, writing as though gods were speaking to them.

That is HOW they earned their livings. Someone should have taken their pens away from them and given them a "time OUT!"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

”Philo, who thought like a Greek about many things, was altogether Jewish in his aversion of homosexuality:“One must proceed ruthlessly against these men, in accordance with the prescription of the Law, that the effeminate man, who falsifies the stamp of nature, should be killed without hesitation, and should not be allowed to live a day, indeed not for an hour, since he shames himself, his house, his fatherland, and the whole human race … because he pursues unnatural pleasure and for his part works toward the desolation and depopulation of the cities … when he destroys his seed”(On the Individual Laws 3, 37-42).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Rider on the Storm 92,655
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Rider on the Storm 183,626
Everyone is a fool 18 min Jake999 2
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 27 min Rider on the Storm 57
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Rider on the Storm 979,409
Anyone else think 9/11 was cool! (Feb '13) 36 min aaron wilms 14
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Jake999 1,099
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Neville Thompson 286,044
More from around the web