Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658501 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#485292 Oct 26, 2013
Many, many offshoots of Christianity came and were banned as heretical by the all-powerful Catholic hierarchy.

What a shame that they were allowed to kill others as heretics while being self-cloaked in the garbs of a god.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485293 Oct 26, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>*thongs down*? Now who is posting naughty words? You and seraphine do post anti Catholic garbage. You rose, you say you go to mass occasianly, I guess you don't pay attn to what's going on, because your answers are answered by the readings of the Mass and how Christ IS the Eucharist. Marge is down right mean spirited and does mix up what we post. Do you like to hurt your relatives religion?
Surely you know that "thongs down" was a typo? You prove my point every time you post.Disagreeing with the Catholic Church is not being anti-Catholic. it would be like saying your anti-Orthodox or anti-protestant. You can disagree with something without being against them.I did in the pass post mean things about the Catholic Church and I have stop but I do disagree with certain statements as with my Orthodox faith believes as well...this to you is anti Catholic this to me is my beliefs. And really, I am not a mean person nor a stupid person. I see people for what they truly are and I am picky when selecting my friends.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485294 Oct 26, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"<quoted text>
When you believe that most of the world's population will spend eternity in hell for not being Christian ... how much (on a scale from one to ten) do you believe is your "sense" of "charity?"

----------
The enemy and the world often confuse our understanding of the Word. The Bible says that "He (God) is NOT willing that ANY should perish." We have no idea who or how many will be lost...but God has given US the choice.

Anyone who would choose hell rather than accept His gracious offer... would seem to DESERVE hell...

Men who infer that they are more gracious than God, are often the first to want to destroy/hurt another person. "Pride goes before a fall." I'm certain that the devil has NO pity for any who might go to hell. He won't be turning the heat down to make them more comfortable!

KayMarie
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#485295 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I must have missed your post, as I didn't know you visited. I was not purposely ignoring you, as you are way too much fun.
:)
What are you these days Robert F ... A Protestant ... an Atheist ... or a Catholic? Or are you once again studying to follow maybe follow Buddhism?
You could start out as an untouchable ... if that would suit you to be at the bottom of the pile ... rather than sitting on the top of your "spread."
June

Peace

Well, I forgive you, for not seeing my half a dozen posts amongst your hundreds of posts. You were awfully busy....

I am still the same, a little older on this earth.

If pain is progress, then things are moving along in my life....Hmmm, maybe winding down.

There's plenty of room and the bottom of the pile. Its very busy.

Peace

Location hidden

#485296 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And may the ones who god doesn't bless enjoy their eternity with the devil ... RIGHT???
That is the Christian message!!!
Sickening!
God Bless you also June...I don't have a crystal ball so I can not tell tell you what your future holds..only God knows

#485297 Oct 26, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
To teach that they must be Christian ... or they will spend eternity in hell with the Christian devil???
I suggest that is a message that stems from sickness ... not well-being.

----------
The 'Christian devil'??? LOL
The devil is anti-Christian.

KM

#485298 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as nasty as the first Catholics that claimed Jesus was speaking in FIRST person.
Not one word did a man named Jesus write anywhere on earth ... EVER!
I suggest you stop lying.
~~~~

Jesus/God did not need a pen and ink to write

2Co_3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us,

written not with ink,

but with the Spirit of the living God;

not in tables of stone,

but in fleshy tables of the heart.

~~~

I gave you truth....scripture (book chapter and verses) references from the Bible

If you don't believe them that not my problem...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485299 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Black Thunder 42"]<quoted text>
Those were all Paul's words. Jesus said not to preach the message to the gentiles.
----------
Jesus sent His disciples on a missionary journey throughout Israel early in His ministry. He instructed that the message first go to the House of Israel. But after His work was done in Israel, He told them to go to 'the uttermost parts of the earth'.
KayMarie
Matthew 10:5-6
These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Matthew 15:24
I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Prince George, Canada

#485300 Oct 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Bible, God is Evil as well as Good.
Of course! A good god would not allow hell to exist in his kingdom, and that means within the theology, the god IS evil and that is why he created evil.

Silly dogmas for silly people.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Pope: Hell Is a Real Place Where Sinners Burn in Everlasting Fire

ROME – Hell is a place where sinners really do burn in an everlasting fire, and not just a religious symbol designed to galvanize the faithful, the Pope said.

Addressing a parish gathering in a northern suburb of Rome, Pope Benedict XVI said that in the modern world many people, including some believers, had forgotten that if they failed to "admit blame and promise to sin no more," they risked "eternal damnation — the Inferno."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/03/28/pope-...
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#485301 Oct 26, 2013
The fifth-century historian Socrates wrote: "Almost all the churches throughout the world celebrate the sacred mysteries on the sabbath of every week, yet the Christians of Alexandria and at Rome, on account of some ancient tradition, have ceased to do this."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbath_in_Chris...

Prince George, Canada

#485302 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
I gave you truth
You gave me your CONCEPT of truth. I suggest you get that straight.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

concept

noun

noun: concept;&#8195;plural noun: concepts

an abstract idea. "structuralism is a difficult concept"

synonyms: idea, notion, conception, abstraction, conceptualization

https://www.google.ca/#q=concept+definition
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#485304 Oct 26, 2013
1. Where do Christians get their faith?

Christians go to the Bible.

2. What is the Bible?

The Bible, called the Holy Scriptures, containing the Old and New Testaments, 66 Books only, is the Word of God and the only infallible source of Divine Truth and Divine Commandment. It is without error and is infallible.

Rome has added other books to the Bible, called the Apocryphal. The Council of Trent (Session 4) enumerated these books "Lest any doubt should arise respecting the sacred books which are received by the Council:

Tobias
Judith
The Dream of Mardochai (added to the Book of Esther)
Wisdom
Ecclesiasticus
Baruch
The Song of the Three Children (inserted in the 3rd chapter of Daniel, from the 25th to the 91st verse, Douay Bible)
The Prayer of Manasses
and the First and Second Books of Maccabees."

True Christians reject these books:

First, they were never received, acknowledged or admitted into the canon of the Old Testament Scripture by the Jews, to whom, St Paul says, "the words of God were committed" (Romans 3:2); nor are they included in the cataloge of sacred books given to Josephus, the Jewish historian.

Second, not one of the Apocryphal books was written in pure Hebrew.

Third, the Apocryphal books are never quoted by our Lord or His Apostles.

Fourth, they were rejected by the primitive Church (Eusebius: Hist., lib. Iv, c. 26).

Fifth, they were rejected from the canon of inspired Scripture by Jerome, Origen, Athanasius, Cyril, Hilary, Gregory Nazianzen, etc.

Sixth, the Council of Laodicea, held in the year 364, whose canons were received and confirmed by the Council of Chalcedon in 451, delivers the catalogue of the canonical books as they are received in the Protestant Church.

3. How do Christians know that the Bible is the Word of God?

The Bible manifests itself to be the Word of God by its claim, and the proof of its claim in its majesty, purity, invincibility, infallibility, integrity and authority, but especially the witness of the Holy Spirit of God in the heart which alone is able to persuade that it is indeed the very Word of God.

4. Who is a Christian?

A Christian is any person, no matter what his color, class or creed may have been, who believes the Record that God has given of His Son in the Word of God; accepts the verdict of God upon himself as a sinner; confesses that he is lost and hell-deserving; makes bare his heart and all his sins to God only; asks to be cleansed in the Savior's Precious Blood, throwing himself for salvation by faith alone, through grace alone, on Christ alone. The true Christian gladly confesses: "I'm only a sinner and nothing at all, but Jesus Christ is my all in all."

5. What is the Church?

The Church on earth is the whole company of all redeemed ones who have believed in Christ alone to the salvation of their souls; whose infallible rule is the Holy Scriptures; and who are seeking, by the Holy Spirit, to win lost souls for Christ. This is the true Universal or Catholic Church on earth.

Location hidden

#485306 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Forums always are personality contests.
"God loves my personality and he loathes yours!"
lol you think...NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

Prince George, Canada

#485307 Oct 26, 2013
If all the people that claimed they gave me truth, actually gave me the same story, I might consider that religion had something of value to offer.

But such is not anywhere NEAR the case.

BRAGGING about knowing truth should be a "capital" offense.

Location hidden

#485308 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Do you believe that there were at one time female priests in the church?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Some Christians especially in the Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, and Eastern Catholic Churches regard the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Theotokos (or Mother of God).
In 300 AD she was worshipped as a Mother Goddess in the Christian sect Collyridianism, which was found throughout Saudi Arabia. Collyridianism was made up mostly of women followers and female priests. Followers of Collyridianism were known to make bread and wheat offerings to the Virgin Mary, along with other sacrificial practices. The cult was heavily condemned as heretical and schismatic by the Roman Catholic Church and was preached against by Epiphanius of Salamis, who exposed the group in his recollective writings titled Panarion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_w ...
your link doesn't come up...
Liam

Chicago, IL

#485309 Oct 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
1. Where do Christians get their faith?
Christians go to the Bible.
2. What is the Bible?
The Bible, called the Holy Scriptures, containing the Old and New Testaments, 66 Books only, is the Word of God and the only infallible source of Divine Truth and Divine Commandment. It is without error and is infallible.
Rome has added other books to the Bible, called the Apocryphal. The Council of Trent (Session 4) enumerated these books "Lest any doubt should arise respecting the sacred books which are received by the Council:
Tobias
Judith
The Dream of Mardochai (added to the Book of Esther)
Wisdom
Ecclesiasticus
Baruch
The Song of the Three Children (inserted in the 3rd chapter of Daniel, from the 25th to the 91st verse, Douay Bible)
The Prayer of Manasses
and the First and Second Books of Maccabees."
True Christians reject these books:
First, they were never received, acknowledged or admitted into the canon of the Old Testament Scripture by the Jews, to whom, St Paul says, "the words of God were committed" (Romans 3:2); nor are they included in the cataloge of sacred books given to Josephus, the Jewish historian.
Second, not one of the Apocryphal books was written in pure Hebrew.
Third, the Apocryphal books are never quoted by our Lord or His Apostles.
Fourth, they were rejected by the primitive Church (Eusebius: Hist., lib. Iv, c. 26).
Fifth, they were rejected from the canon of inspired Scripture by Jerome, Origen, Athanasius, Cyril, Hilary, Gregory Nazianzen, etc.
Sixth, the Council of Laodicea, held in the year 364, whose canons were received and confirmed by the Council of Chalcedon in 451, delivers the catalogue of the canonical books as they are received in the Protestant Church.
3. How do Christians know that the Bible is the Word of God?
The Bible manifests itself to be the Word of God by its claim, and the proof of its claim in its majesty, purity, invincibility, infallibility, integrity and authority, but especially the witness of the Holy Spirit of God in the heart which alone is able to persuade that it is indeed the very Word of God.
4. Who is a Christian?
A Christian is any person, no matter what his color, class or creed may have been, who believes the Record that God has given of His Son in the Word of God; accepts the verdict of God upon himself as a sinner; confesses that he is lost and hell-deserving; makes bare his heart and all his sins to God only; asks to be cleansed in the Savior's Precious Blood, throwing himself for salvation by faith alone, through grace alone, on Christ alone. The true Christian gladly confesses: "I'm only a sinner and nothing at all, but Jesus Christ is my all in all."
5. What is the Church?
The Church on earth is the whole company of all redeemed ones who have believed in Christ alone to the salvation of their souls; whose infallible rule is the Holy Scriptures; and who are seeking, by the Holy Spirit, to win lost souls for Christ. This is the true Universal or Catholic Church on earth.
The Jewish canon came after Christianity. Now ignore the truth you just heard and carry on with your leaflets. ;-)

Prince George, Canada

#485310 Oct 26, 2013
socci wrote:
The fifth-century historian Socrates wrote: "Almost all the churches throughout the world celebrate the sacred mysteries on the sabbath of every week, yet the Christians of Alexandria and at Rome, on account of some ancient tradition, have ceased to do this."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbath_in_Chris...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2F7pMuzS2BMXX
The Christians along the way voted against keeping the same Sabbath as the Jews.

To continue to keep the same Sabbath as the Jews, would have been too Jewish for the Christians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

EARLY CHRISTIANS - 2nd Century

"The primitive Christians did keep the Sabbath of the Jews;...therefore the Christians, for a long time together, did keep their conventions upon the Sabbath, in which some portions of the law were read: and this continued till the time of the Laodicean council." "The Whole Works" of Jeremy Taylor, Vol. IX,p. 416 (R. Heber's Edition, Vol XII, p. 416).

http://www.remnantofgod.org/sabhist.htm#2

Prince George, Canada

#485311 Oct 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>lol you think...NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
It's a darned good thing I have some left-over chicken-soup in my fridge.

Not so good for the chicken though ... but of course the devil made me do it.

Location hidden

#485312 Oct 26, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't seen a mean post on here ever. Go to the abortion forum if you want mean. Rose needs to take time and reread what she posts. I know others here have used tablests too and do not have that problem. Since you are her friend, why not tell her to read before she hits that button?
why do you feel the need to be "picky"...I have seen pleanty mean post here and I have seen your post in this other forum also with my own very eyes...but that's neither here nor there....stop pointing fingers because YOU are not lilly white either...I am not being mean to you I am trying to make you understand that your purpose here is clear and it is not to defend the Catholic Church of promote its faith.

Prince George, Canada

#485313 Oct 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>your link doesn't come up...
It happens! I don't why, but I guess some people remove what they post and that changes the issue.

That was the link from which I took that information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min here 70,408
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min lisw 183,450
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 14 min andet1987 3,012
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 1 hr Helper 89
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr gundee123 4,950
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Catcher1 974,671
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Peter Ross 445,519
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 282,915
More from around the web