Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667847 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#485275 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And as,I've written at length..I agree ..The,Church ..body of believers,..the,WORD spread by the,Apostles and disciples,came first .
The ex-Jews came first and then the church with it's new source of lies came second.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485276 Oct 26, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
I understand. Since there has been no positive identification of any dated writing, it is all speculation, and may remain that way. If there were any, they were most likely destroyed or hidden.
IMO ...anything affecting state would have been recorded somewhere(especially the Romans). Even the Hebrew state recorded such occurrences. Where are they? We have records of far less important and trivial things by both.

----------
"There is nothing new under the sun." Enemies of God and people have worked to erase truth since the beginning. In the past several years American history has been 'altered'. We are told that this was never a Christian nation. Our textbooks have been re-written to deny the Christianity of our founding fathers, and to include Islam as having great influence in the development of this nation.

In the same way, important works of history have been altered or destroyed. Islam has burned whole libraries of Christian and Jewish history.

This is why we need to let the Bible be our anchor. The writers do not speak of some great past (except when telling Israels history), they speak of current events. Paul asks that his scrolls and clothing be brought to him (not WAS brought to him). Peter tells that some of the 500 who observed Jesus' ascension ARE STILL WITH US.

The Bible is trustworthy...

KayMarie

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485277 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Sera, I've prayed on it for some time and even talked to my priest. Charity above all. I will fail at that occasionally, but not nearly as often as before. May God bless you and Nick.
I like that Thank you and God Bless you also!

Prince George, Canada

#485278 Oct 26, 2013
Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your faith as everyone else, whether Christian or Muslim or Jew. That is the key to resolving all discontent with each other's faith. I respect yours and you respect mine.
I don't respect your belief, as I don't believe in salvation for you and hell for others.

And you don't respect my belief because I won't become a Christian of your particular denomination.

Let's be honest with each other.

Prince George, Canada

#485279 Oct 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>This forum has become a personality contest for some.
Forums always are personality contests.

"God loves my personality and he loathes yours!"

:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485280 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey thunder ...I'm practicing my recipes
Ravioli for dinner tonight :)
Ya...You guys!
Spagetti-ravioli Blah blah blah.
Yer mak'n me hungry! LOL!

Prince George, Canada

#485281 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Black Thunder 42"
The Bible is trustworthy...
KayMarie
Within the wacky theology, Why did Jesus' father create evil???

Liam

Chicago, IL

#485282 Oct 26, 2013
marge wrote:
The church was born from the Word so the Word was first.
If you can't comprehend that the word of God isn't limited to writings, then you should put the Bible down. That goes for all the fundies on here.
The Bible is not your god. No matter what, it STILL took an earthly people to establish it. It doesn't interpret it self. It takes an infallible authority to interpret it.
Marge, you said yourself, that it ok for people to speak untruths on Christianity, as long as they are using the Bible for their argument. That's insanity. I have to believe that you believe, that those 66 books of your KJV are god!
"Thou shall have no other gods before me.... For I am a jealous God"
You make God jealous by prompting the Bible up as equal to Him. The Bible is not one Book, its a collection of Books. Collected by the Catholic Church.

#485283 Oct 26, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"]<quoted text>
Those were all Paul's words. Jesus said not to preach the message to the gentiles.

----------
Jesus sent His disciples on a missionary journey throughout Israel early in His ministry. He instructed that the message first go to the House of Israel. But after His work was done in Israel, He told them to go to 'the uttermost parts of the earth'.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#485284 Oct 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I like that Thank you and God Bless you also!
And may the ones who god doesn't bless enjoy their eternity with the devil ... RIGHT???

That is the Christian message!!!

Sickening!

#485285 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard a,sermon about the,God sized hole inside each one of us,.
We,try to fill it ..with money ..love..sex..philosophy...yet it's still empty until Cargill it with love for OUR Creator
~~~

LIKE A JIGSAW PICTURE PUZZLE EACH PIECE HAS IT'S OWN PERSPECTIVE PLACE

Our lives nerve will be complete with out God in Jesus Christ.

We usually discard a puzzle that has pieces missing.

Prince George, Canada

#485286 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus words ( to Ananias ) about (Paul...) Saul of Tarsus were
You are as nasty as the first Catholics that claimed Jesus was speaking in FIRST person.

Not one word did a man named Jesus write anywhere on earth ... EVER!

I suggest you stop lying.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485287 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the wacky theology, Why did Jesus' father create evil???
According to the Bible, God is Evil as well as Good.

That is why there were many Christian sects that adopted a Dual Deity model. That came to and end with Constantine and the Roman Chhurch's "Kill them all!" policies that lasted over 1500 years.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485288 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And may the ones who god doesn't bless enjoy their eternity with the devil ... RIGHT???
That is the Christian message!!!
Sickening!
Correct.

They take glee imagining people like you and I being tortured for eternity.

A sick and twisted religion for sick and twisted people.

Location hidden

#485289 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus words ( to Ananias ) about (Paul...) Saul of Tarsus were...--->
Act 9:13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
Act 9:14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way:
--->for he is a chosen vessel unto me,
to bear my name before the Gentiles, and
kings, and
the children of Israel: <---
Again...says Paul. Isn't that so?

Prince George, Canada

#485290 Oct 26, 2013
Do you believe that there were at one time female priests in the church?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Some Christians especially in the Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, and Eastern Catholic Churches regard the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Theotokos (or Mother of God).

In 300 AD she was worshipped as a Mother Goddess in the Christian sect Collyridianism, which was found throughout Saudi Arabia. Collyridianism was made up mostly of women followers and female priests. Followers of Collyridianism were known to make bread and wheat offerings to the Virgin Mary, along with other sacrificial practices. The cult was heavily condemned as heretical and schismatic by the Roman Catholic Church and was preached against by Epiphanius of Salamis, who exposed the group in his recollective writings titled Panarion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_w ...

Location hidden

#485291 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..
Christianity had its birth in Judaism. For a hundred years those within and without Christianity considered it a sect of Judaism, so close were the ties.
Sure...I understand that...but that's not the whole of it either.

Prince George, Canada

#485292 Oct 26, 2013
Many, many offshoots of Christianity came and were banned as heretical by the all-powerful Catholic hierarchy.

What a shame that they were allowed to kill others as heretics while being self-cloaked in the garbs of a god.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485293 Oct 26, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>*thongs down*? Now who is posting naughty words? You and seraphine do post anti Catholic garbage. You rose, you say you go to mass occasianly, I guess you don't pay attn to what's going on, because your answers are answered by the readings of the Mass and how Christ IS the Eucharist. Marge is down right mean spirited and does mix up what we post. Do you like to hurt your relatives religion?
Surely you know that "thongs down" was a typo? You prove my point every time you post.Disagreeing with the Catholic Church is not being anti-Catholic. it would be like saying your anti-Orthodox or anti-protestant. You can disagree with something without being against them.I did in the pass post mean things about the Catholic Church and I have stop but I do disagree with certain statements as with my Orthodox faith believes as well...this to you is anti Catholic this to me is my beliefs. And really, I am not a mean person nor a stupid person. I see people for what they truly are and I am picky when selecting my friends.

#485294 Oct 26, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"<quoted text>
When you believe that most of the world's population will spend eternity in hell for not being Christian ... how much (on a scale from one to ten) do you believe is your "sense" of "charity?"

----------
The enemy and the world often confuse our understanding of the Word. The Bible says that "He (God) is NOT willing that ANY should perish." We have no idea who or how many will be lost...but God has given US the choice.

Anyone who would choose hell rather than accept His gracious offer... would seem to DESERVE hell...

Men who infer that they are more gracious than God, are often the first to want to destroy/hurt another person. "Pride goes before a fall." I'm certain that the devil has NO pity for any who might go to hell. He won't be turning the heat down to make them more comfortable!

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Aura Mytha 92,646
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min bad bob 183,622
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min Neville Thompson 286,044
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 49 min Neville Thompson 1,098
Everyone is a fool 54 min Joe M 1
why do fat women hate on skinny women (Apr '08) 1 hr Annomonous 134
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr dollarsbil 19,321
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 hr Gabriel 979,404
More from around the web