Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650771 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#485209 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WHEN WE GIVE THE WORD TO YOU ...it is like casting our pearls before
and inanimate object ..a brick wall ...You are not interested in truth...
You vilify others as swine and put yourself up as a god's chosen one, and you don't see that as arrogance?

You dare to mention the word truth in the same post as your lies???

You have SOME nerve!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485210 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the Word. Yes, He came first and then He founded the Church and then the Holy Spirit inspired them to write letters and memoirs.
One point ..Jerusalem the site of the first Church community ...was burned to the ground ..leaving NOT ONE THING ...except what was sent out before AD 70

Prince George, Canada

#485211 Oct 26, 2013
What you will get from a Christian is avoidance to answer questions ... and threats of hell and damnation if you don't play their GAME! But you will not get honesty from them, as is proof on this thread and many other threads of forums.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#485212 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You vilify others as swine and put yourself up as a god's chosen one, and you don't see that as arrogance?
You dare to mention the word truth in the same post as your lies???
You have SOME nerve!!!
Take a lude, June.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485213 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Not one Christian will address that issue (within the confines of theology) that if Jesus lived he would have been faithful to what he believed was pure and unadulterated Judaism.
Not ONE!
You ignore that issue comparable to it being a plague.
What a shame that Christians are SO damned dishonest.

NOW TO ANSWER YOUR ACCUSATION...

JESUS WAS FAITHFUL TO PURE UNADULTERATED JUDAISM

UNTIL HE DIED...

It was only through the rejection of the JEWS and the sacrifice of the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST

that

WE HEATHENS

HAVE access to the GRACE of God.

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff
them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Prince George, Canada

#485214 Oct 26, 2013
Christians absolutely refuse to address the following issue ... because if they did, they would have to acknowledge that their religion from the get-go was based on a HUGE LIE.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Anyone with common sense would understand (within theological rhetoric) that Jesus would have come to earth to say "Stop being unfaithful to Judaism. Follow me and I will teach the way, the truth and the light. None can come unto my Father Jehovah, unless they become Jews ... in the purest sense of the WORD!"

Prince George, Canada

#485215 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
NOW TO ANSWER YOUR ACCUSATION...
JESUS WAS FAITHFUL TO PURE UNADULTERATED JUDAISM
UNTIL HE DIED...
Thank you for answering my question

So if Jesus was faithful to pure unadulterated Judaism ... why are YOU a Christian and NOT a Jew?

Prince George, Canada

#485216 Oct 26, 2013
Insane theology.

How silly that people would believe that after Jesus died, he went to Christian heaven ... when his Jewish father was NOT IN Christian heaven, but rather was in Olam Haba where the faithful Jews reside in the afterlife.

Prince George, Canada

#485217 Oct 26, 2013
The ex-Jew Catholics portrayed Jesus as a faithful Jew right up to his death on the cross, but then ... his spirit mysteriously ended up in Christian heaven ... after him declaring that he died as a Jew ... ever faithful to pure unadulterated Judaism.

What a lot of poppycock spread in the name of TRUTH.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485218 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for answering my question
So if Jesus was faithful to pure unadulterated Judaism ... why are YOU a Christian and NOT a Jew?
ACCORDING TO THE WORD OF GOD by the circumcision of the heart I am a Jew

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485219 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No by Faith .a,free gift through the grace of my Lord Jesus ..written about in the bible
Just to me not one,written ..word ..note ..letter to a friend ??
About the greatest events they could hope to witness??
letters home from those who were at Pentecost ...?
The beginnings,of GOSPELS ..who knows,neither of us ..
Just what was preserved
People believed and were saved before one letter of the NT was written. People believed and were saved without ever having seen one word of the bible.

Do you believe the good news was spread because of the bible or because of the preaching of the apostles and the Church?

Catholics believe in Jesus, the Word, alone. He was made known to us by BOTH the written word and the oral preaching.

Prince George, Canada

#485220 Oct 26, 2013
Every religious group throughout history had their own mental method of trying to escape suffering. They invoked gods and goddesses and saviors galore, in the hopes that the deities would follow human "bidding" and that the highest bidders would win favors FROM the deities.

Savior-gods are nothing new in religion. And more will be resurrected from the past in human imagination such as Gerald Gardner's version of a goddess that he claimed "cursed" homosexuals.

It's ridiculous that people keep on feeding the monster of religion that from its origin, grew completely out of myth.

Liam

Chicago, IL

#485221 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree .as,I Said ..after they got a bit older ..posterity ...save writings .
Letters,by Paul etc
This proves that Jesus Christ did not establish sola scripture and neither did His Apostles:

Thomas ~ set up the Church in India. Indian history clearly reveals that this Church was Catholic.(until 1054). They did not have a Bible because Thomas didn't have one to give them.(Paul and the others didn't write it yet) He set up the Mass....gave them Eucharist... ordained Bishops and Priests.

Andrew~ set up the Church in Greece and perhaps Ukraine. He ordained Bishop and Priests. He didn't have a Bible to give everyone, because Paul hadn't began to write yet. Today, this Church is still here. They practice the Orthodox faith. They don't however, recognize Andrew's brother Peter a the first Pope. Still, they have the sacred Mass and valid Priests to perform it. They do not believe in scripture alone, because Andrew didn't say anything about that.

Thaddaeus ~ history connects him to Persia. According to tradition (not sacred tradition) He healed the king and converted the entire city of Edessa. He set up a sacramental Priesthood and taught them the Mass. He didn't hand out Peter and Pauls letters and tell everyone its the Bible. Persian or Iranian history, clearly reveals this Church being Catholic. They weren't born again evangelicals waving a Bible around. They were a hierarchy of Bishops Priests and Deacons. And just like the other Apostles, Thaddaeus was in communion with the Bishop of Rome, Peter. One faith, one fold.

Matthias ~ Post biblical lore says he brought the Gospel to 'the land of the cannibals'. This Gospel wasn't a Book. He ordained a hierarchy to perform the Mass .

The Church is the Pillar and bulwark of truth according to the Bible. This means whatever Church these Apostles set up, is the Pillar and bulwark of truth. For a thousand yrs they remained unified. Even after if schism, they STILL have what the Apostles gave them. And it is nothing remotely close to what the born again movement says the church is and what the bible is and what the word of God is.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#485222 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The point that you should consider is that is Jesus had existed, he would have been a learned man of the Jewish faith, faithful to ONLY Judaism. And he would have been a man who would write his own literature and sign it with pride that he said those things to others.
Not one word did he write. Not one signature to be found anywhere on earth.
If you open your mind and eyes to the reality, you will see what others see. That Jesus was a myth, created by ex-Jews who needed a savior for their NEW religion that was totally foreign TO Judaism.
You seem to have an awful lot of faith in your own belief system.

Prince George, Canada

#485223 Oct 26, 2013
Note the word "invoke."

In their imaginations, they called (invoked) gods and goddesses to in turn base their beliefs on the idea that the gods and goddesses in TRUTH had lives of their own.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

God. A word common, in slightly varying forms, to all Teutonic languages, probably from an Aryan root, gheu—to invoke; it is in no way connected with good.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485224 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One point ..Jerusalem the site of the first Church community ...was burned to the ground ..leaving NOT ONE THING ...except what was sent out before AD 70
Right, and then the place of honor was passed on to Rome.

"The church of God which sojourns at Rome to the church of God which sojourns at Corinth ... But if any disobey the words spoken by him through us, let them know that they will involve themselves in transgression and in no small danger." Clement of Rome, Pope, 1st Epistle to the Corinthians, 1,59:1 (c. A.D. 96).

"Ignatius, who is also called Theophorus, to the Church which has obtained mercy, through the majesty of the Mast High God the Father, and of Jesus Christ, His only-begotten Son; the Church which is sanctified and enlightened by the will of God, who farmed all things that are according to the faith and love of Jesus Christ, our God and Saviour; the Church which presides in the place of the region of the Romans, and which is worthy of God, worthy of honour, worthy of the highest happiness, worthy of praise, worthy of credit, worthy of being deemed holy, and which presides over love..." Ignatius of Antioch, Epistle to the Romans, Prologue (A.D. 110).
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#485225 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Imagine the price tag the men in the vatican could charge for a piece of paper with the "authentic" hand-writing of Jesus in clear script.
Of course if there was yards and yards of words written by Jesus, it would cut down on the value.
But not ONE solitary word can be found in the hand-writing of the one they supposedly idolize as their savior.
As Judge Judy says ... "If it doesn't make sense, it's not true."
You aren't making sense.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485226 Oct 26, 2013
"Since, however, it would be very tedious, in such a volume as this, to reckon up the successions of all the Churches, we do put to confusion all those who, in whatever manner, whether by an evil self-pleasing, by vainglory, or by blindness and perverse opinion, assemble in unauthorized meetings; [we do this, I say,] by indicating that tradition derived from the apostles, of the very great, the very ancient, and universally known Church founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul; as also [by pointing out] the faith preached to men, which comes down to our time by means of the successions of the bishops. For it is a matter of necessity that every Church should agree with this Church, on account of its pre- eminent authority, that is, the faithful everywhere, inasmuch as the apostolical tradition has been preserved continuously by those [faithful men] who exist everywhere." Irenaeus, Against Heresies, 3:3:2 (A.D. 180).

Prince George, Canada

#485227 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
This proves that Jesus Christ did not establish sola scripture and neither did His Apostles:
The theology indicates that he could talk, but he couldn't write, or he chose NOT to write.

That is not the indication of a "learned" "knowledge-able" man ... much less an all-knowing savior.

Surely the all-knowing god would have given him the ability to read and write in a meticulous manner ... but ... NOTHING.

And neither is there any hand-writing by the supposed apostles, or any "saint" Peter ... the first supposed Jewish pope.

Lie after lie stares people in the face ... if only they WANT to see.

Prince George, Canada

#485228 Oct 26, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't making sense.
You must be a Christian.

:)

Nothing but the idea that a Jew came to earth to save only Christians ... makes "sense" TO Christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min Rider on the Storm 182,985
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min NoStress4me 56,391
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Hoss 971,896
what color panties are you guys wearing????????... 34 min str8npanty 3
Have a wonderful weekend..4REAL 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Aussie Kev 2,360
Is Satan behind mixed-race relationships? 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 45,006
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 3 hr Ajay 74
More from around the web