Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681885 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485195 Oct 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a known fact that [an] organized church existed in Jerusalem in 50 AD. That, in itself, would suggest there was some form of "doctrine"...at the least a "developing" doctrine.
I believe that is relevant to your discussion. You folks take it from there.
Yes, in fact most accept that it existed until Jerusalem was sacked by the Romans in the AD 70's. The question is did they write it down. Most scholars think St. Paul's letters which started in the 40's were the first ones and they grew from there as the realization set in that Christ's return wasn't imminent and the first generation of Christians were passing on.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#485196 Oct 26, 2013
Just imagine this for something on which to ponder.

There's a new testament with all kinds of stories about what the supposed "Jesus" said and did.

The Vatican brags of an empty tomb, and relics galore to prove that Jesus existed.

Yet there is not one grave of Jesus' supposed mother Mary, or the supposed Apostles, where anyone can find DNA.

And in the Vatican there is not ONE paper written in the handwriting of the supposed learned-man ... Jesus.

If you don't see the scam for what it is ... you don't WANT to see.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485197 Oct 26, 2013
marge wrote:
'And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,'
Thy??? WOW ... that's impressive to use such ancient language in today's era.

Doesn't it impress YOU?

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485198 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinions are transitory...( transitory is a thing which is movable.)
Your opinions are often nonexistent, as they are in "hiding."

I asked you why (within the warped theology) why a creator would have a need to create evil?

NOTHING back from you.

You might as well BE that bible, but then of course, you would only choose the scriptures that suggest YOU are god's chosen!

Pathetic creature!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485199 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do understand ..it just bugs,me when people think...we,don't have
Anything written then ...therefore there was,NOTHING WRITTEN ..And therefore He,Did,NOT exist .
He did ..only in.my opinion...And others,..folks,wrote about Him...
We,just have what has been preserved ...
Back then ..they thought HE WAS,either with them forever ..or coming back soon .
I'm sure the GOSPRLS,became,more important the older they got .
Protecting a record for posterity
"And others,..folks,wrote about Him...
We,just have what has been preserved "

No. They preached....with their mouths....as Jesus commissioned them.....they didn't need letters.

Why do you care about atheists who need evidence of some writings? Do you only believe in Jesus because of the bible?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485200 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Not one Christian will address that issue (within the confines of theology) that if Jesus lived he would have been faithful to what he believed was pure and unadulterated Judaism.
Not ONE!
You ignore that issue comparable to it being a plague.
What a shame that Christians are SO damned dishonest.
~~~

WHEN WE GIVE THE WORD TO YOU ...it is like casting our pearls before

and inanimate object ..a brick wall ...You are not interested in truth...

ONLY IN REFUTING GOD'S WORD AND

DEBATE

matstsa&#770;h
mats-tsaw'
From H5327; a quarrel:- contention, debate, strife.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

IT IS QUITE EVIDENT THAT YOU ARE TURNED TO A

REPROBATE MIND.

G96
&#945;&#787;&#948; &#959;&#769;&#954; &#953;&#956;&#959; &#962;
adokimos
ad-ok'-ee-mos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1384; unapproved, that is, rejected; by implication worthless (literally or morally):- castaway, rejected, reprobate.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485201 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in fact most accept that it existed until Jerusalem was sacked by the Romans in the AD 70's. The question is did they write it down. Most scholars think St. Paul's letters which started in the 40's were the first ones and they grew from there as the realization set in that Christ's return wasn't imminent and the first generation of Christians were passing on.
We agree .as,I Said ..after they got a bit older ..posterity ...save writings .
Letters,by Paul etc
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485202 Oct 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
One can't be a member of the church until they believe the Gospel, so the oral Word came first before the church.
Jesus is the Word. Yes, He came first and then He founded the Church and then the Holy Spirit inspired them to write letters and memoirs.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485203 Oct 26, 2013
Imagine the price tag the men in the vatican could charge for a piece of paper with the "authentic" hand-writing of Jesus in clear script.

Of course if there was yards and yards of words written by Jesus, it would cut down on the value.

But not ONE solitary word can be found in the hand-writing of the one they supposedly idolize as their savior.

As Judge Judy says ... "If it doesn't make sense, it's not true."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485204 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Avoidance will get you nowhere in a debate.

Come out from hiding and tell me your "honest" and "forthright" opinion. Within the theology, why did the god find it necessary to create evil?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485205 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"And others,..folks,wrote about Him...
We,just have what has been preserved "
No. They preached....with their mouths....as Jesus commissioned them.....they didn't need letters.
Why do you care about atheists who need evidence of some writings? Do you only believe in Jesus because of the bible?
No by Faith .a,free gift through the grace of my Lord Jesus ..written about in the bible

Just to me not one,written ..word ..note ..letter to a friend ??
About the greatest events they could hope to witness??

letters home from those who were at Pentecost ...?

The beginnings,of GOSPELS ..who knows,neither of us ..
Just what was preserved
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485206 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the Word. Yes, He came first and then He founded the Church and then the Holy Spirit inspired them to write letters and memoirs.
Within the theology, why do believe that Jesus' father Jehovah found it necessary to create evil?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485207 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree .as,I Said ..after they got a bit older ..posterity ...save writings .
Letters,by Paul etc
Within the theology, why do believe that Jesus' father Jehovah found it necessary to create evil?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485208 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony
You asked if I BELieved the Church came first ..That WAS my thoughts about CHURCH ...And what HIS,CHURCH was us and was not ..And is todAy
AND,yes I believe the Canon to be fully and completely God's Word to us.
I didn't ask what you thought the Church was, I asked if you thought the Church existed BEFORE the NT was written.

If you think there were other writings by the apostles which were used to spread the word and they're not in your bible, how can you believe your bible is complete?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485209 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
WHEN WE GIVE THE WORD TO YOU ...it is like casting our pearls before
and inanimate object ..a brick wall ...You are not interested in truth...
You vilify others as swine and put yourself up as a god's chosen one, and you don't see that as arrogance?

You dare to mention the word truth in the same post as your lies???

You have SOME nerve!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485210 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
One point ..Jerusalem the site of the first Church community ...was burned to the ground ..leaving NOT ONE THING ...except what was sent out before AD 70
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485211 Oct 26, 2013
What you will get from a Christian is avoidance to answer questions ... and threats of hell and damnation if you don't play their GAME! But you will not get honesty from them, as is proof on this thread and many other threads of forums.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#485212 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You vilify others as swine and put yourself up as a god's chosen one, and you don't see that as arrogance?
You dare to mention the word truth in the same post as your lies???
You have SOME nerve!!!
Take a lude, June.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485213 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Not one Christian will address that issue (within the confines of theology) that if Jesus lived he would have been faithful to what he believed was pure and unadulterated Judaism.
Not ONE!
You ignore that issue comparable to it being a plague.
What a shame that Christians are SO damned dishonest.

NOW TO ANSWER YOUR ACCUSATION...

JESUS WAS FAITHFUL TO PURE UNADULTERATED JUDAISM

UNTIL HE DIED...

It was only through the rejection of the JEWS and the sacrifice of the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST

that

WE HEATHENS

HAVE access to the GRACE of God.

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff
them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485214 Oct 26, 2013
Christians absolutely refuse to address the following issue ... because if they did, they would have to acknowledge that their religion from the get-go was based on a HUGE LIE.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Anyone with common sense would understand (within theological rhetoric) that Jesus would have come to earth to say "Stop being unfaithful to Judaism. Follow me and I will teach the way, the truth and the light. None can come unto my Father Jehovah, unless they become Jews ... in the purest sense of the WORD!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min okimar 7,613
Exit the Jewtrix-Free Conspiracy Documentary 10 min Sparrow 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Nothingfromnothing 123,749
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 36 min Tony 6,370
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 286,545
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Nothingfromnothing 982,330
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 7 hr Ron Paul Liberty 170
More from around the web