Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665349 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#485152 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
It's not a sin or a crime to say the three big words "I DON'T KNOW!"
I'm telling.

Boy, you're gonna get it now.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#485153 Oct 26, 2013
truth wrote:
your Sfo iz zero to
as inter-grate cheese maker for 1/4
4FO FOKALO AS WELL STOCALO STOCK
A TAKO SVAKA TOCKA HOCE DA SE BOCKA
FALL
YOU NOT GOING KNOW WHERE VAZ ANE BIRD IS FAZAN IS VERY FUN FUNNY
FAZAN HAVE MANY COLORS
YEEEE
FAZAN AS SMALL COCKY PJETLIC VJETRIC
Gibberish much?
truth

Perth, Australia

#485154 Oct 26, 2013
$fo who sold that
yep
as you put old flag from gigngin skan
in geometric way

now
anyione care
ja jakalo dastalo
mastalo moje
i kad se proda onda izgleda kao someone run with mirror

jeeeeeeeeeee
whooooooooooooooooooooo
its secret
i make 5 mirror on top large
down two on each side
in midlle is something
down is
3x mirror
its mean small mirror
perfectly corect last mounth droving and now

secret is secret
vaz you are full owfull
jaaaaaaaa

my mind is not yours
jA
who say that
dva two

secrets is very well known

you can't hide
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo
no place for hide
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo
in vain
Liam

Chicago, IL

#485155 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I hope that before I die, I can persuade at least a few people to climb out from under the clutches of the theologians and stop being right-fighters in defense of the individual cults..
Why don't you just simply 'not believe'? What's with the atheist evangelism?
You come across as a whining fascist. Not everyone agrees with you on religion, so you're going to try and drag everyone down with ya? That's pathetic, June. I
Michael

Canada

#485156 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing devastates the followers of myths. They simply all place high value on their own personalized myths taught by their own personalized theologians, and ignore everything else. It's the mindsets of the people in all religious cults. "I'll believe it my way, and that makes it real to me."
Christianity claims they embrace the OT and NT as being the bible and absolute word of God, however the writers/believers of the OT the jews have many different customs/traditions, beliefs that christianity DOES NOT believe, yet christianity uses their books as forming their belief. CONFUSING??

.....The Christian three-headed God is different from Judaism's one-headed God.

......Christian salvation is different from Jewish salvation.

.....Christian baptism is different from Jewish baptism.

....Christians celebrate the Eucharist, Jews do not..........and on and on!

How can a religious group claim they endorse two different books of belief, Old and New testaments, yet do not accept the beliefs of the people who wrote the first books?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#485157 Oct 26, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm telling.
Boy, you're gonna get it now.
Yeah? Well those in religion are more than happy to threaten me with curses on behalf of one supposed god or another.

:)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485159 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
True ..guess I just think I would have written thongs,down that I found,profound .
I keep notes just on a forum.
Imagine listening to the,Messiah I have been waiting for generations .
I'd tell people . Send messages,to friends,to come hear Him.
Write,what He,did ...for myself .
But your right ..it is,an argument with no end ..until we can ask .
And was NOT meant o be anti Catholic ...
Rose, most historians say the population at the time was about 10% literate. 9 out of 10 people couldn't read or write or make any kind of notes. If you were there, most likely you'd have TOLD people. In these times and in many cultures across the planet information was passed down from one generation to the next by word of mouth. They had a very sophisticated way of memorizing reciting stories, some men were the village "historians" and trained their whole lives memorizing stories exactly word-for-word. Many of those men who were converted by the apostles and ordained bishops were able to do this. They then appointed men to do the same. St. Paul tells St. Timothy to remember the words and from whom he learned.

Prince George, Canada

#485160 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
1Ti_3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
God's word has no foe...it is with out controversy ..
Isa_45:9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
Isa_45:11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
Isa_51:13 And forgettest the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor?
Isa 51:14 The captive exile hasteneth that he may be loosed, and that he should not die in the pit, nor that his bread should fail.
Isa 51:15 But I am the LORD thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves roared: The LORD of hosts is his name.
Isa_54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
Case in point. You would be unable to voice an opinion of your own in a debate, as you habit is to hide yourself in your favorite scripture.
Michael

Canada

#485161 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Screwed-up theological myths.
Not one Christian has EVER addressed the issue on any thread of any forum where I have posted ... that (within theological discussion) if Jesus was a Jew, he would have come to earth as a Jew, corrected wayward Jews and taught them how to be honorable Jews and then gone back to his one and only Jewish father Jehovah who resides in Olam Haba.
He would not have strayed from Judaism to disobey his own father.
You people ignore this issue because you DESIRE to belief the lies taught to you by Christian theologians.
Shame on you!
And the same goes for the so-titled Gnostic spiritual "leader."
Think of this.

.... Jews do not believe in sons of God, yet Jesus supposedly a jew, claimed to be the son of God, and Jesus worshipped with Jews in their houses of worship but both have different philosophies of sons of God.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485163 Oct 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Roman Catholicism is the most powerful, widespread and subtle of all un-Biblical religious movements.(snipped for space)
In reality the Roman Catholic hierarchy is not a church at all, but a gigantic religious, political organization.
The Church of Rome has unscripturally appropriated the name "Catholic" to mean only its own church. The true name for the miscalled Catholic Church should be the Roman Church.
The Roman Catholic Church claims to be the one true Church, dating back to the beginning, organised by Jesus Christ Himself, with the disciple Peter as the first Pope and Vicar of Christ of earth. However, while the true "Catholic" Church (the Body of Christ) was born in eternity in the Mind of God, the Roman Catholic Church was not organised until about 313 AD.
Emperor Diocletian for the first three centuries the true Church was threatened with extinction, as the persecutions of pagan Rome increased in intensity under the reigns of the heathen Emperors from Nero to Diocletian. In 303 AD. Diocletian, determined once and for all to stamp out Christianity, issued a series of edicts, each more severe than the former, in his effort to exterminate Christianity. Christians were martyred by the thousands and the Roman prisons were filled to overflowing with believers and especially Christian ministers.
Then a most unexpected event took place. Constantine the Great became Emperor of Rome in the early part of the fourth century. During one of the crucial battles for conquest he is supposed to have seen in the sky a flaming cross at midday with the words inscribed in Greek: "By this sign conquer." It may have been pure imagination in an hour of desperation, or an optical illusion, but whatever it was he accepted it as word from Heaven that this cross was his key to victory. Accordingly he not only accepted Christianity but also made it the religion of the Roman Empire.
The result was the Roman Catholic Church, which is a mixture of about one-third Christianity, one-third Judaism, and one-third paganism. This was the beginning of the union of Church and State. Constantine, however, did not oppose the old pagan worship of Rome; rather, he superimposed Christianity upon these pagan religions, adopting elements in both; and thus, by allowing the pagans to continue their heathen customs, he made it easy for them to adopt Christianity. The result was the Roman Catholic Church, which is a mixture of about one-third Christianity, one-third Judaism, and one-third paganism. The Roman Catholic Church thus pretends to accept most of the cardinal doctrines of Christendom, plus the holy days and priesthood copied from Judaism, and the superstitions and fetishes of paganism with its charms such as holy water, candles, and images.
While the pretended adoption of Christianity was hailed as a great victory for the Church, it was also, ironically, the beginning of her ruin. From this date we can trace all the innumerable errors of the Roman Church -
1. Mariology
2. The mass
3. Purgatory
4. Limbo
5. The celibacy of priesthood
6. Adoration and worship of images
7. Indulgences
8. The infallibility of the Pope
9. The immaculate conception of Mary
and many other unscriptural errors. Instead of a blessing it became the downfall of the organized church. Yet all the time during those dark ages which followed there was as always the body of true believers, members of the true Church, within the framework of the rapidly corrupting hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church.
Before Constantine the true Church was persecuted and threatened with extermination; after Constantine there emerged the Roman Church, patronized by the State and subsequently seeking temporal powers to rule and govern the State. This was the beginning of the Roman Catholic Church which has lasted until today.
Pretty close brother...in a nutshell.
Michael

Canada

#485164 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just simply 'not believe'? What's with the atheist evangelism?
You come across as a whining fascist. Not everyone agrees with you on religion, so you're going to try and drag everyone down with ya? That's pathetic, June. I
William, not everyone agrees with your religion. Whats your point? Less than 18% of the world population is catholic and far less than half even practice their faith.

.....thats not very good!

Prince George, Canada

#485165 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Within theology ... what purpose do you believe "god" had for creating evil?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485166 Oct 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Its not really about what you say Rose Its YOU and the fact you are friends with us.No matter what you say of I say and nick we get those peanuts..lol...remember, takes a BIGGER person to walk away..GBU Have a great day!
No, it's not about you. It's about mis-information and ignorance of history, I'm trying very hard to help Rose understand and I hope she will eventually reject the bias that's so ingrained in her.

Prince George, Canada

#485167 Oct 26, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of this.
.... Jews do not believe in sons of God, yet Jesus supposedly a jew, claimed to be the son of God, and Jesus worshipped with Jews in their houses of worship but both have different philosophies of sons of God.
Theology was screwed from the beginning, and it got more muddled, morphed, divided and insane as time went by.

There is no hope for religion to unite, and there never was from the time the first humans began to argue over who owned the one and only truth.

Prince George, Canada

#485168 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not about you. It's about mis-information and ignorance of history, I'm trying very hard to help Rose understand and I hope she will eventually reject the bias that's so ingrained in her.
Are you sure that "your" theology, above all other theology, is based on solid truth???

:)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485169 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
For themselves mostly ..I think ..who knew,what was,going to happen..
Or that there WOUKD be a posterity ...for any children I might have ..fir friends,..why do people ...write down anything ??
It's important TO THEM.
Btw, Good morning ..
Only two of the gospels were written by an apostle, the other two were written by the apostle's companions. I think it's entirely possible that St. Peter couldn't read or write, and who knows why the other 9 didn't write. I'm really just trying to help you understand that what you take for granted in the 21st century was not the reality of life in the 1st century. People didn't hear something and pull out a pad and pencil and jot it down.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485170 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Rose, yes, it's possbile they jotted some things down, even though the bible doesn't mention one word about it, however there was NO New Testament for many decades after Christ's Ascension. The question for you is do you accept the fact that the Church existed BEFORE the NT did?
The, body of believers ..the Church...known as the Way ..travelled around or stayed in JUDEA ..JERUSALEM..preaching ..converting ..then baptizing believers .

They wrote letters,..the gospels Appeared later ..

Disciple preached and wrote after that ..a some point the Emeperor
Came into play ..declaring CHRISTIANITY as his Faith

The canons put together ..And folks,still preached he gospel outside
The religious organization..

As I understand it

A POPE..declared. much later ..though a good portion of the then Church did not accept Him.as Peters,successor ...a High Priest or the head of the Christian Church..

A history of good work...bringing people to God....yes

But ONE OF YOU..just said YOU CANNOT FORCE PEOPLE to believe ..yet the Roman Church did just that in league with the monarchs they helped put into power

And that is,their thing I most struggle with ..believing JESUS true,Church Tortured one soul into belief ...ONE in His name or ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN while they wielded such power .

Luckily VAT 2 and Benedict have spoken out against the JEWS KILLED JESUS justification used as excuse throughout history ...for torture.....confiscation..And death to God's chosen ...

I have to tell you that learning if the treatment of Jews ...was a huge disappointment when I was a young woman ...

And I know,JESUS never preached any such thing ...And I'm glad your Church lost that kind of secular power ..And NOW reconcile with the Jews ....the power above thrones ...only in.my opinion
.....lost in forgetting God's words to Abraham ..

Did the APOSTLES, spread a great Faih..Most assuredly .

Does your Church today bring followers to Jesus..yes ..But the CHURCH is in the hearts of believers ...whom.He has Called ...using
RELIGIOus churches ..Cath ..non Cath
.CLERGY .TV ..INERNET ...BOOKs ....AND MOST OF ALL HIS WORD IN THE BIBLE.....all efforts used by the HOLY Spirit ..so the Father can CALL US TO HIS,SON

Prince George, Canada

#485171 Oct 26, 2013
Theology is to study religion. That is what I do with my time. I study it and it is my quest to figure out reasons why it divides people as right-fighters that group up in individual cults.

As long as you defend your own personalized cults, you will perceive that others in other cults are evil or at the very least ... wrong. And that attitude is to be very, VERY narrow of mind.

Prince George, Canada

#485172 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Only two of the gospels were written by an apostle, the other two were written by the apostle's companions. I think it's entirely possible that St. Peter couldn't read or write, and who knows why the other 9 didn't write. I'm really just trying to help you understand that what you take for granted in the 21st century was not the reality of life in the 1st century. People didn't hear something and pull out a pad and pencil and jot it down.
You insist on being a right-fighter ... don't you?

Prince George, Canada

#485173 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The, body of believers ..the Church...known as the Way ..travelled around or stayed in JUDEA ..JERUSALEM..preaching ..converting ..then baptizing believers .
They wrote letters,..the gospels Appeared later ..
Disciple preached and wrote after that ..a some point the Emeperor
Came into play ..declaring CHRISTIANITY as his Faith
The canons put together ..And folks,still preached he gospel outside
The religious organization..
As I understand it
A POPE..declared. much later ..though a good portion of the then Church did not accept Him.as Peters,successor ...a High Priest or the head of the Christian Church..
A history of good work...bringing people to God....yes
But ONE OF YOU..just said YOU CANNOT FORCE PEOPLE to believe ..yet the Roman Church did just that in league with the monarchs they helped put into power
And that is,their thing I most struggle with ..believing JESUS true,Church Tortured one soul into belief ...ONE in His name or ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN while they wielded such power .
Luckily VAT 2 and Benedict have spoken out against the JEWS KILLED JESUS justification used as excuse throughout history ...for torture.....confiscation..And death to God's chosen ...
I have to tell you that learning if the treatment of Jews ...was a huge disappointment when I was a young woman ...
And I know,JESUS never preached any such thing ...And I'm glad your Church lost that kind of secular power ..And NOW reconcile with the Jews ....the power above thrones ...only in.my opinion
.....lost in forgetting God's words to Abraham ..
Did the APOSTLES, spread a great Faih..Most assuredly .
Does your Church today bring followers to Jesus..yes ..But the CHURCH is in the hearts of believers ...whom.He has Called ...using
RELIGIOus churches ..Cath ..non Cath
.CLERGY .TV ..INERNET ...BOOKs ....AND MOST OF ALL HIS WORD IN THE BIBLE.....all efforts used by the HOLY Spirit ..so the Father can CALL US TO HIS,SON
You insist on being a right-fighter ... don't you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 min Truthiness 569
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 3 min Buck Crick 143
Thomas Jefferson said that Jesus NEVER existed! 10 min Buck Crick 24
Did O.J. toss murder into a Brentwood street g... 11 min Knock off purse s... 4
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Thinking 88,158
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 32 min Neville Thompson 963
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min Ricky F 184,736
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr crucifiedguy 284,568
More from around the web