Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600112 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#484886 Oct 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Slow down and address the points, you just said yourself (The Church was formed on the Word of God directly from God's mouth (Jesus Christ),
So then you agree the Word of God has to be first? You agree that Faith comes from hearing the Word?
OH, NO..........you posted to me!!!.......According to chuckles we must have......are you ready for it..........

A BOND!!!!!!!!!!

But I've always like you, Marge, so I don't mind being bonded to you.:)

(Gee, I wonder, is that like hooking pinkies when we were kids??)
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#484887 Oct 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants believe in the very same Jesus and salvation that you do. Do you not believe Jesus is in their church as much as you claim he is in yours? Are you better than them?
How can you categorically criticize, insult and name call protestants when in their hearts they worship the exact same Jesus you do in their church?
Of course both Catholics and Protestants believe and worship in the same Jesus. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ. The difference is that Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church believes, adheres to, and accepts the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH that has existed for over 2000 years, initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF as the WORD made Flesh---the TRUE WORD OF GOD! At the Protestant Reformation--(beginning with Luther)--then Zwingli, Wycliff, Waldo, Hus, Calvin, Viret, Cpito, Knox, Cranmer and on and on (each one) rejected, threw out, and discarded one or more of the TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ (the WORD OF GOD that had been grounded in the first 1500 years of OUR LORDS TRUE (Universal Catholic) CHURCH!!! Today, there are over 42,000 bible only "relative opinionated (so-called truths) that have the Protestant "fundies" in total "disarray, contradiction, confusion and chaos (all arguing, and fighting) among themselves, each one claiming, "I have the truth, listen to me. listen to me"!!! It is called "half-truth (if that) half-heresy Christianity!---------Been there, done that for over 35 years as a bible only "duped" Protestant!!...... It is nothing but a "man-made, editorialized (hodge-podge) of bible verse quoting that is totally divided based upon inconsistency and conflicting personal opinions. THEY CAN HAVE IT!!! IT IS ALL THEIRS!!! I/we as Catholics will continue to follow the TRUE WORD OF GOD, and the TRUE TEACHINGS Jesus Christ at Daily Mass, the Eucharist (the TRUE BODY and BLOOD of Christ, the TRUE interpretation of the Bible, the Sacraments, confession(reconcilation) and the 24 hours Adoration Pray chapel with the Blessed Sacrament in the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH. You bible only "fundies" can go worship God--in your OWN WAY do what you want!!!!! We as Catholics will CONTINUE to worship God in HIS WAY, in and through His One True Catholic Church!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#484888 Oct 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Matthew was a Hebrew.
Preston, how do you know St. Matthew wrote this gospel? Who told you? That's right, it's the same CATHOLICS who said he wrote it in Aramaic.
I'm not as knowledgeable on these,things .I don't know EHAT means,what in what language.

But as,a tax collector ..wouldn't he have correspondence with the,Romans ..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#484889 Oct 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael's question was dishonest, NASL.
I never saw Anthony proclaim non-Christians to be criminals nor immoral.
Micheal might have well have asked "Yes or no, have you stopped beating your wife?" False premise.
Of course it was, sure....

Is that like you NOT admitting that:
- you don't believe in all of what Jesus taught
- the Bible was man-made
- you only believe in less than six of the original Apostles
- you quote "Paul" more often than Jesus
- the so-called "Church" is much more than any church or organization
- you think third generation disciples are more enlightened than Jesus, because there are more texts associated to them, than Jesus

Who's really being dishonest?

Albuquerque, NM

#484890 Oct 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The early Church testifies that St. Matthew wrote the gospel in Aramaic.
Citation please. Just don't say it - show it.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484891 Oct 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
To them the written word was the Septuagint.
You accept the authority of the Catholic Church in determining the canon of the NT. Why would you reject them saying St. Matthew wrote it in Aramaic?
I just posted I do not know what language ..or the meaning of individual words .

I believe Matthew,wrote it ..others,COUKD have written
As they wAtched the fulfillment of their scripture
Coming true before their eyes ...
I'd be surprised if they didn't ...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#484893 Oct 25, 2013
“Wash yourselves,make yourselves clean; Put away the evil of your doings....Come now, and let us reason together, says the
Lord....”(Is 1:16).
Liam

Chicago, IL

#484894 Oct 25, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 28:19h Go, therefore,* and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, 20i teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.* And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.”
**This applies to born again Christians all over the world. We are to share the Gospel with everyone. We have the keys or the know how to get into the Kingdom.
**No joke...it is truly sad how blind you are to this.
Wow. Seriously? What would we do without you guys. Your summary of Matt 28:19, where Jesus is talking to His Disciples: "this applies to the born again Christians all over the world".

One small step for man. One giant leap for Chuck. That's great.

"teach them all that I have commanded you"

»»Except the Mass, Confession, Baptism, the Sacramental Priesthood and the Holy Eucharist. Other than that, teach them everything else. No wait.'some of you write letters and let the future born again movement figure it out. Don't verbally teach them, write it down and in a thousand yrs, it'll be published in a book'««

Albuquerque, NM

#484895 Oct 25, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
a. Helping a 4-yr old be a better person through teaching them respect and consideration for others. CHECK!!- do you share that you go on a public forum and insult folks?
b. Helping my Navy son with sending him care packages while over seas. CHECK!!- helping out your own son..wow you're something!! you mean you're being a parent.
d. Giving away toys to kids, just to see them happy. CHECK!!- what else would you do with them?
**Actually I do do thing for folks but I don't think of them as "look at me". Especially if they are for my kids but that's me.
Wow Chuck, anomosity is just flowing with you. Please don't make me out to be something I am not.

You asked for some good works I've done, I've stated some. You didn't ask for specific tasks, so I just chose the recent events as examples.

FYI - I do many things for many people. And guess what, if the action I did was successful, I normally will let the person I am either helping out or doing something with them (assisting), I'll let them take all the credit for the work done.

One should realize at some point in their life, that pats on the back don't mean diddly squat. Knowing deep within yourslef that you had done good, and the person who also did the task, know where teh goodness came from.

One does not need a record of their work. Those who think a pat on the back is worth more than just a simple thanks, is quite wrong in their thinking.

One should be happy with good results that bring more good results to others.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#484896 Oct 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
He did not say they "didn't write"...he said Christ never told them or anyone else to write anything down, and He didn't. The Church was established long before one word of the NT was ever written. The Church came first. The Bible came from the Church, not the other way around.
You are mixing two entities together in error.

The "Church" - which did come before Catholicism, did not give the Bible to people.

You are mixing then Orthodox Christians, with then laymen - who never gotten a chance to speak up and promote their side of the belief.

Please remember - bishops aren't elected, but assigned.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#484897 Oct 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Thansk for the assist BenAdam.....some of these folks just can't see past the hoopla, in order to view the true message that has been presented.
They would rather think that "their men" were more knowledgeable than Jesus ever was.
LOL - "secret knowledge"??
Nope - nothing I've seen yet is secret - just misunderstood because of men.
Did YOU misunderstand anything whatsoever gnostic "Spiritual Leader???"

Anyone with common sense would understand (within theological rhetoric) that Jesus would have come to earth to say "Stop being unfaithful to Judaism. Follow me and I will teach the way, the truth and the light. None can come unto my Father Jehovah, unless they become Jews ... in the purest sense of the WORD!"

Albuquerque, NM

#484898 Oct 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's,confusing why he,says,this ..putting down scripture ..propping up CC.
But it really give,ammunition to those,who call SCRIPTURES,fiction ..
It demeans,NOT JUST NON CATHOLICS..BUT GODS,WORD..
AND,I'm quite frankly surprised about it ..is,why I keep asking .
It's misleading believers,by worse those unsaved souls,..
You have no clue on who is saved and who is not.

So please stop thinking you can make these claims.

You are one of those misleading others.
Atheist

Manchester, UK

#484899 Oct 25, 2013
Why in this day and age people choose to believe in the supernatural and worship a never seen, (not so merciful) deity, is beyond me.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484900 Oct 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So THAT is what a nano-badge is huh.
In knew it was some type of competition, but I wasn't competing ... I was just posting as is my normal habit on a forum.
You still don't understand, or don't care to understand that to an Atheist who has no believe in the existence of a god ... prayer is a silly pastime for idol fools!
That's what it is,..or was,..You were,posting on the game ..BLUE,DOTS,...."You have 20 points,out of a,hundred flashed right by you with the,first five posts,each day on the,BLUE,DOTTED threads..

Oh well .Lol.

Any way..some WERE,concerned .. can't stop us,praying June .

Glad you are well.

Albuquerque, NM

#484901 Oct 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
When I asked you if it was the Gnostic so called Tomas,..deflected .
I do not read,all of everyone's,posts,..I read, and,reply to some .
That link at least gives,me some idea,what you think..
We disagree,..on a,lot
I don't "deflect". In fact, I am pretty direct in my conversations.

FYI - as far as I know, Thomas wasn't "Gnostic" - he was a Jewish Apostle of Jesus. Are you now calling Jesus "Gnostic"?

Maybe you should. It would definitely be a step in the right direction of what he actually taught to his Apostles.

If you aren't going to read my posts, why should I even post my beliefs - besides the point it would be off-topic?

Yes we do disagree on alot.

But we also agree on some things - like this one - I'm part of the "Church" that you belong to.

Albuquerque, NM

#484903 Oct 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that Jesus knew ahead of time that his Jewish father was sending him to earth to be murdered, and Jesus said to himself ... "I'll become a Catholic, and that will teach the old bugger not to mess with ME!"
:)
Well, well, lookie here.....Hello June - WB!

Many seem to have missed you......

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#484904 Oct 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
“Wash yourselves,make yourselves clean; Put away the evil of your doings....Come now, and let us reason together, says the
Lord....”(Is 1:16).
Sounds like Self to me.....*smiles*.....

And the use of reason....oh no, Mr. Bill!!

Terrace, Canada

#484906 Oct 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, well, lookie here.....Hello June - WB!
Many seem to have missed you......
:o)
Hello!

Many also seemed not to have missed me, which I understand.

:)

Terrace, Canada

#484907 Oct 25, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Aramaic was the main language , so it was written in Aramaic.
The bibles are written in English and because Catholics and Protestants disagree on the meaning of what was written ... it might as well be written in the ape-like language of the hairy men that lived in caves.

Terrace, Canada

#484908 Oct 25, 2013
In the runaway # 1 British Bestseller,“Eats, Shoots & Leaves,” the subject of the book is about the importance of correct punctuation in the English language. The author, Lynne Truss, did extensive study into the history of punctuation. Lynne mixes humor with serious assessments of history and some of the following is from her book.

“Of course, if Hebrew or any of the ancient languages had included punctuation (in the case of Hebrew, a few vowels might have been nice as well), two thousand years of scriptural exegesis (my note- exegesis-analysis of texts) need never have occurred, and a lot of clever, dandruffy people could definitely have spent more time in the fresh air. But there was no punctuation in those ancient texts and that’s all there is to it. For a considerable period in Latin transcriptions there were no gaps between words either, if you can credit such madness. Texts from that benighted classical period- just capital letters in big square blocks- look to modern eyes like those word-search puzzles that you stare at for twenty minutes or so, and then (with a delighted cry) suddenly spot the word “PAPERNAPKIN” spelled diagonally and backwards. However, the scriptio continua system (as it was called) had its defenders at the time. One fifth-century recluse called Cassian argued that if a text was slow to offer up its meaning, this encouraged not only meditation but the glorification of God- the heart lifting in praise, obviously, at the moment when the word “PAPERNAPKIN” suddenly floated to the surface, like a synaptic miracle.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Justice League _ 865,659
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 17 min Burke Devlin 222,000
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 21 min -Stray Dog 6,545
The Christian Atheist debate 22 min ChristineM 2,040
White Lives MATTER 25 min Burke Devlin 115
Native American lives MATTER 40 min Mite Be 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 48 min bad bob 177,615
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 7 hr cute94 465
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 16 hr Victoria Bologna 7,504
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 16 hr andy 45
More from around the web