Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591315 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#484610 Oct 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Instead of claiming Jesus said these things, post the statement instead of your opinion of such.
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets first establish God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one in the same.....Trinity. Yes.
If yes, then the entire Bible is God breathed. Yes.
II Peter 2:1, "But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction."
Black print on white paper. Very easy to understand. Yes.
Why do you want to mislead others?

Please post where Jesus states "I am God".

Please post the specific statements by "God" which states which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not.

FYI - the word "Trinity" is not in the Bible, thus a word associated to "God", Jesus and the HS - is still considered a mystery, because not one of the three beings involved have ever been proven to exist.

The first recorded use of this Greek word in Christian theology (although not about the Divine Trinity) was by Theophilus of Antioch in about 170. He wrote:[9][10]

In like manner also the three days which were before the luminaries, are types of the Trinity [&#932;&#961;&#953 ;&#940;&#948;&#959 ;&#962;], of God, and His Word, and His wisdom. And the fourth is the type of man, who needs light, that so there may be God, the Word, wisdom, man.[11]

Tertullian, a Latin theologian who wrote in the early 3rd century, is credited as being the first to use the Latin words "Trinity",[12] "person" and "substance"[13] to explain that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are "one in essence—not one in Person".[14
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

both of the above accounts - spoken a century after the supposed death of Jesus - BY MEN.

Please state the specific text/passage that has this characterisation defined by "God".

Please don't mislead others. I don't, so you should not either.

Albuquerque, NM

#484611 Oct 24, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Christ IS GOD.
Please post the passage that has Jesus specifically stating, "I am God".

Albuquerque, NM

#484612 Oct 24, 2013
Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
"Many are called, but few are chosen"
Many people hear the call of God which comes through His revelation of Himself through two things—the creation and the conscience within us. But only the "few" will respond because they are the ones who are truly hearing. Jesus said many times,“He who has ears to hear, let him hear”(Matthew 11:15; Mark 4:9; Luke 8:8, 14:35).
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/many-called-few-c...
Sounds like very few of Christianity will be "chosen".

Yet you, like every other so-called "Christian" think that theirselves have been chosen.

DOH!!

Hey you over there - no pushing or shoving!!

Albuquerque, NM

#484613 Oct 24, 2013
Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unfortunate that people not of the Catholic faith have taken your verse above and not given regard to the language it was being conveyed in. Aramaic, Greek and Hebrew languages have to be recognized and taken into consideration when interpreting this passage. We have our Church Fathers who have done this and we have the true meaning of what Jesus was saying. They (non Catholics) just interpret it to fit their own agenda and beliefs.
Sad but true.
soyou also believe fallible men can define an infallible being.

How?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#484614 Oct 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said plenty of times that I'm clay. Nobody needs to 'catch on' when I make it clear.
Right, Thomas?
Unless,I missed it .

According to your posts,..which give fuel to NON BELUEVERS,AND,GNOSTICS,.

YOU give credence to the writings,of the ,Fathers,you claim.as,Catholics ..

But think.the,APOSTLES,DID NOT WRITE because,JESUS,DUD NOT TELL THEM TO .

YOU have Saud that more than once ..dies your Church agree ???'
Do they teAch you someone else wrote them..

Did Jesus,say. TELL THEM. AFTER THE,SPIRIT COMES...SPEAK IN FOREIGN
LANGUAGE,..

AND IF YOU SAY JESUS DID NOT TELL THEM TO WRITE ..how do you know this ???

A,POPE said????..who Saud,Jesus,did NOT SAY WRITE ???

WHO says,MATTHEW, a tax collector ..did not write about JESUS WHILE HE,WAS HERE ...then complete his,Gospel later ...others,..did John Mark
Scribe for them??? Later for Peter or James,.

What is,your source for that disturbing statement that THEY DID NOT WRITE because HE did not tell them to ..

John had ties,to the HighPriests family..quantification did he hAve
Through the family of his mother ...

What would,AMAZE ME US that these,Jewish men ..steeped in scripture
WROTE NOT ONE THING DOWN ..once they reAlized how,important JESUS,WAS ...

Albuquerque, NM

#484615 Oct 24, 2013

Diversion.
My belief is not in question here.
But you are correct withthe aspect that whatever you or I believe, does require the Self.
Why don't you begin posting teachings by Jesus on salvation, instead of your own opinions?
If you were to, you would get a much better understanding of why you fail to beleive in what Jesus taught.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I've posted the links,several times,..to half of John at least ..can't cut and paste,parts,of pages,..
No you haven't - please stop making up things.

If you had, you would post them or at least a link to your post with them stated.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's,say I agree with Kay and,GIF scriptures,.
Where,do YOU get your belief that we,only BELieve SOME,.
WHAT ARE,WE MISSING ...TELL US,..
You keep telling us,what we miss,
If you agree with GiF and KM - then you also have been duped and refuse to acknowledge the truths that has been presented.

You do only beleive in a portion of Jesus. I've shown you where you don't. And now you have to ask again.

You are truly blinded by false doctrines.

"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus

This simple statement alone shows you don't believe in Jesus.

"You keep telling us,what we miss"
- and I keep showing you what you are missing. But you still refuse to accept them.

Self.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#484616 Oct 24, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Cusser read this:
Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
- so is both Jesus and Peter the rock?
- Is Jesus the only Rock?
- Is the bible contradicting itself?
- Catholic church got it wrong and they use this verse to control the minds of weak folks like yourself?
Did Jesus say to Simon, you are rock and upon this rock I will build my church? The gates of hell shall never prevail against it? I will give you (Peter) the keys?
Not only are Jesus' words blatantly clear, the historic account of what Peter did is clear. He ordained Clement and Ignatius and the Universal Church spread everywhere. One faith, one fold, and one truth.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484617 Oct 24, 2013
Instead of claiming Jesus said these things, post the statement instead of your opinion of such.
<quoted text>
Why do you want to mislead others?
Please post where Jesus states "I am God".
Please post the specific statements by "God" which states which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not.
FYI - the word "Trinity" is not in the Bible, thus a word associated to "God", Jesus and the HS - is still considered a mystery, because not one of the three beings involved have ever been proven to exist.
The first recorded use of this Greek word in Christian theology (although not about the Divine Trinity) was by Theophilus of Antioch in about 170. He wrote:[9][10]
In like manner also the three days which were before the luminaries, are types of the Trinity [&#932;&#961;&#953 ;&#940;&#948;&#959 ;&#962;], of God, and His Word, and His wisdom. And the fourth is the type of man, who needs light, that so there may be God, the Word, wisdom, man.[11]
Tertullian, a Latin theologian who wrote in the early 3rd century, is credited as being the first to use the Latin words "Trinity",[12] "person" and "substance"[13] to explain that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are "one in essence—not one in Person".[14
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity
both of the above accounts - spoken a century after the supposed death of Jesus - BY MEN.
Please state the specific text/passage that has this characterisation defined by "God".
Please don't mislead others
. I don't, so you should not either.
GOD ..YAHWEH..AND HIS,SPIRIT ..TE RUACH HA,KODESH was,known to the,Jews .
JESUS,REFERS,TO GOD,AS,THE,FATHER ..THE,SPIRIT AS THE COMFORTER ...Himself as,I AM before Abraham ..

SAYING TRINITY. is,our,human concept of God being in three persons ..it's,a mystery of faith ..the,belief in Creator God ....Father SON ..AND,SPIRIT .

EHAT does,so called Thomas,say that you have yet to tell us
Peter Paul and Mary

San Antonio, TX

#484618 Oct 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Sounds like very few of Christianity will be "chosen".
Yet you, like every other so-called "Christian" think that theirselves have been chosen.
DOH!!
Hey you over there - no pushing or shoving!!
Never said I was chosen! As always, you continue to put words in someone else's mouth, or maybe just your opinions. Still, just your "self" trying to intrude on some else's spirit or should I say, someone else's "self".
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484619 Oct 24, 2013
FEED ON THE WORDS OF GOD....

Psalm 119:103

103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!

God's words are full of substance; they are spirit and they are life.

Now, who gives (SPIRITUAL) life???

Jesus, as He is the Word of God!!!

Shouldn't HIS Word sustain us???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484620 Oct 24, 2013
Diversion.
But you are correct withthe aspect that whatever you or I believe, does require the Self.
Why don't you begin posting teachings by Jesus on salvation, instead of your own opinions?
If you were to, you would get a much better understanding of why you fail to beleive in what Jesus taught.
<quoted text>
If you had, you would post them or at least a link to your post with them stated.
<quoted text>
If you agree with GiF and KM - then you also have been duped and refuse to acknowledge the truths that has been presented.
You do only beleive in a portion of Jesus. I've shown you where you don't. And now you have to ask again.
- and I keep showing you what you are missing. But you still refuse to accept them.
Self.

I know,what I've posted . These,are just from my current history

http://biblehub.com/1_john/2-1.htm

JOHN ......in links,showing each version regarding belief in Jesus,leads,to ETERNAL LIFE ...
BIBLE GATEWAY ...to show,each version..including Catholic..
is,the,same

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
http://biblehub.com/john/6-37.htm

Other verses,...current history in my browser .
Please,Don t insult ..again I know,what I post .
However the CONFRONTS. do a great job with scripture ..I agree
Here's,another from my browser .I only post these,links on this,thread

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#484621 Oct 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am NOT placing anything above the COMMANDS of Jesus....that is why we have the New Testament....the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.....the good news.....
Since I have been on here, I have been trying to tell people about the COMMANDS of Jesus which are DIFFERENT then the 10 Commandments.....
This is why we ARE NOT under the Law of Moses.....but we are under the Law of Christ.....
The law of Christ:
Love God.
Love your neighbor.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484622 Oct 24, 2013
Diversion.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Self.
You seem to believe. SELF is,all important ..based on some thing ...self alone ..self with God ...self as,in only what your SELF accrues,materially in this,life??

I BELIEVE self us,important in relationship of myself to.My Saviour .
And belief in Him..repentance to Him..Eternal life WITH HIM

YES,each self has to relate to GOD ..... u cannot relate to Him for anyone else,..it vice versa,...

I can tell them...plant a,seed ..whatever God uses me for ..

ETERNITY IS,A,LINE ....our worldly life is,a,dot on the line ...our focus,should be the,LINE ..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484623 Oct 24, 2013
"I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh, <<<<<which I will give for the life of the world.">>>> >

Jesus is talking about the IMPORTANCE of His death on the cross...

This is why we are baptized into His death, burial and resurrection....

Are you tasting God's sweet Word???

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484624 Oct 24, 2013
Are you feeding on the Word of God???

Deuteronomy 8:3

3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on <<<<<every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.>>>>>

Are you feeding your SOUL???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484625 Oct 24, 2013
Jeremiah 15:16

16 When your words came, I ate them;
they were my joy and my heart’s delight,
for I bear your name,
Lord God Almighty.

Are you hungry for milk??? Or,

Are you hungry for solid food???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484626 Oct 24, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
The law of Christ:
Love God.
Love your neighbor.
TB...where have you been today???

You have been missed.....

Yes, we are under the Law of Christ and Grace....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484627 Oct 24, 2013
Something
I just saw,
Unrelated ..But interesting

http://www.aish.com/jw/me/Infographic-IsraelU...
Liam

Chicago, IL

#484628 Oct 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
FEED ON THE WORDS OF GOD....
Psalm 119:103
103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
God's words are full of substance; they are spirit and they are life.
Now, who gives (SPIRITUAL) life???
Jesus, as He is the Word of God!!!
Shouldn't HIS Word sustain us???
Amen. But don't forget about the word of God given orally. Bartholemew, Andrew, Philip and the others didn't hand out Paul and Peters letters and say, "here you go, its the word of God, see ya".

They established the Catholic Mass and Eucharist. Protestants eliminated it 1600 yrs later.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484629 Oct 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye bye France. Don't let the door hit you in the behind. Truth is truth, the Catholic Church will not change because France decided they wanted something different. Remember the King of England who wanted something different too? How's it going these days for that Church.. They've splintered into 500 different truths.
I am not on one side of the fence or the other. I just post information that catholics are not aware of about their church leaders, and followers.

If the church is growing good. If people are leaving, we should find out why.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 3 min Miguel duqquetto 1,428
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Clearwater 841,489
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 14 min Truth Doctor 4,761
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min Miguel duqquetto 100,196
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Khutra Duqquette 271,457
Fondling my nipples drives me wild 56 min stemaxgizmo 7
sexy hot chats 1 hr just me 21
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr karl44 612,273
More from around the web