Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 541,903
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484485 Oct 23, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am NOT placing anything above the COMMANDS of Jesus....that is why we have the New Testament....the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.....the good news.....
Since I have been on here, I have been trying to tell people about the COMMANDS of Jesus which are DIFFERENT then the 10 Commandments.....
This is why we ARE NOT under the Law of Moses.....but we are under the Law of Christ.....
The Catholics changed the Ten Commandments...not Christ..
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#484486 Oct 23, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Churches (as you call them, HOJO) often seem to be so into marketing and promoting their own particular name brand of faith that the heart of the Gospel suffers.
You are "exactly right" when you describe YOUR inconsistent "man-made" Protestant bible only Churches.... They ALL pretty much disagree with each other (that is why you have over 42,000 contradicting denominations) because when it comes to interpreting the TRUTH of the Word of God and the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ they are "all over the place"....... Each one says "listen to us------- listen to us" because only (we) have the truth"!------There is ONLY ONE TRUTH not (over 42,000+ relative (personal opinionated) and divided truths! And that ONE TRUTH, has,(for over 2000 years) is, and will always be grounded, taught and proclaimed in Jesus Christ HIMSELF, which is manifested (in and through) HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church! God is not the author of your bible only Protestant inconsistent bible confusion and chaos!!!!!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484487 Oct 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are "exactly right" when you describe YOUR inconsistent "man-made" Protestant bible only Churches.... They ALL pretty much disagree with each other (that is why you have over 42,000 contradicting denominations) because when it comes to interpreting the TRUTH of the Word of God and the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ they are "all over the place"....... Each one says "listen to us------- listen to us" because only (we) have the truth"!------There is ONLY ONE TRUTH not (over 42,000+ relative (personal opinionated) and divided truths! And that ONE TRUTH, has,(for over 2000 years) is, and will always be grounded, taught and proclaimed in Jesus Christ HIMSELF, which is manifested (in and through) HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church! God is not the author of your bible only Protestant inconsistent bible confusion and chaos!!!!!!!!
Say on!!!! Love to see you calling your pope a bald-face liar!!!!!

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#484488 Oct 23, 2013
Change of subject ..

Any one know,anything ..like if this,is true .
Four Blood Moons: Something Is About to Change Hagee

Over the last 500 years, blood-red moons have fallen on the first day of Passover three separate times. These occurrences were connected to some of the most significant days in Jewish history: 1492 (the final year of the Spanish Inquisition when Jews were expelled from Spain), 1948 (statehood for Israel and the War of Independence) and 1967 (the Six-Day War). Every heavenly body is controlled by the unseen hand of God, which signals coming events to humanity. There are no solar or lunar accidents. The next series of four blood moons occurs at Passover and Sukkot in 2014 and 2015. In this riveting book, Hagee explores what these blood moons mean and why Christians must understand these signs and what they bode both for Israel and the world. Joel 2 and Acts 2 both state: "And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood and fire and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness [eclipse] and the moon into blood [eclipse] before the great and terrible day of the Lord comes."

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484489 Oct 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Change of subject ..
Any one know,anything ..like if this,is true .
Four Blood Moons: Something Is About to Change Hagee
Over the last 500 years, blood-red moons have fallen on the first day of Passover three separate times. These occurrences were connected to some of the most significant days in Jewish history: 1492 (the final year of the Spanish Inquisition when Jews were expelled from Spain), 1948 (statehood for Israel and the War of Independence) and 1967 (the Six-Day War). Every heavenly body is controlled by the unseen hand of God, which signals coming events to humanity. There are no solar or lunar accidents. The next series of four blood moons occurs at Passover and Sukkot in 2014 and 2015. In this riveting book, Hagee explores what these blood moons mean and why Christians must understand these signs and what they bode both for Israel and the world. Joel 2 and Acts 2 both state: "And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood and fire and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness [eclipse] and the moon into blood [eclipse] before the great and terrible day of the Lord comes."
Christ said there would be signs that would foretell of that Day. However and but....know this...no matter what anyone says....no one knows the "when" of it...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#484490 Oct 24, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
THE FAILURE AND LIES OF PROTESTANTISM
Protestant groups display a wide variety of different doctrines. However, virtually all claim to believe in the teachings of sola scriptura ("by Scripture alone"—the idea that we must use only the Bible when forming our theology) and sola fide ("by faith alone"— the idea that we are justified by faith only).
The great diversity of Protestant doctrines stems from the doctrine of private judgment, which denies the infallible authority of the Church and claims that each individual is to interpret Scripture for himself. This idea is rejected in 2 Peter 1:20, where we are told the first rule of Bible interpretation: "First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation." A significant feature of this heresy is the attempt to pit the Church "against" the Bible, denying that the magisterium has any infallible authority to teach and interpret Scripture.
The doctrine of private judgment has resulted in an enormous number of different denominations. According to The Christian Source book, there are approximately 40,000 denominations, with 270 new ones being formed each year. Virtually all of these are Protestant.
I ask ANY protesting Protestant to show me the bible verse which supports solo scriptura? Your house of cards falls in on itself.....
It's simple in many ways. Most Protestants want to make their own rules, their ow God or have God accept them on their own terms and the BIGGEST is these so called preachers. All full of pride and becoming their own God of sorts pretending to preach God's will. The problem as stated above is there are over 40,000 Preotestant cults ALL teaching something different which means they are ALL teaching error.
Would the holy spirit tell lies? Mislead? Yet these fools fail to grasp simple truth's because their pride makes them blind.
2 Timothy 4:3 "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."
Matthew 7 21-23 "21 “Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly,‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!" you can figure out the rest.
Excellent post!...... Protestants "cling" to a non-biblical, non-historical (man-made myth) of Sola Ecclesia --the bible only is the Word of God, which was "never believed" by ANYONE until the 17th century...... Sola Ecclesia (or Sola Scriptura) has "no basis" of biblical or historical truth, to back it up, and is a "hodge-podge" of dogmatic Protestant opinions which total more than 42,000 contradicting beliefs.......The Catholic Christian Faith, which has been grounded in the TRUE DOCTRINE of biblical TRUTH and FAITH in Jesus Christ for over 2000 years believes in Sola Verbum Dei (THE WORD OF GOD ALONE). This WORD comes to us from Jesus HIMSELF and the Apostles through both the written and the oral tradition (2 Thess 2:15) which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus builds upon the rock of Peter (Matthew 16:13-21. The ineffable wisdom of God is made known through HIS Church (Eph 3:9-10) Paul confirms and re-affirms this in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH-----not 42,000 contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting "relative truths" in which "each persons bible only opinion" is the "final authority"!!!God (is not) nor EVER HAS BEEN the author of this Protestant "rif-raf" of confusion, disorder, chaos snd disorientation!!!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#484491 Oct 24, 2013
God always can hear prayers.
Eye of Lords stay over righteousness, but face of God are against those who do evil.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484492 Oct 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholics changed the Ten Commandments...not Christ..
Law of Christ:

"For the law was given through Moses, but ~~~~~grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."~~~~~

This is why we are under grace and NOT the Law of Moses...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484493 Oct 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
...
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:...
Written by Paul 300 years before Emperor Constantine created your Bible.

There are over 200 Christian Scriptures you reject.

According to your religion, Paul is a liar.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484494 Oct 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are "exactly right" when you describe YOUR inconsistent "man-made" Protestant bible only Churches.... They ALL pretty much disagree with each other (that is why you have over 42,000 contradicting denominations) because when it comes to interpreting the TRUTH of the Word of God and the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ they are "all over the place"....... Each one says "listen to us------- listen to us" because only (we) have the truth"!------There is ONLY ONE TRUTH not (over 42,000+ relative (personal opinionated) and divided truths! And that ONE TRUTH, has,(for over 2000 years) is, and will always be grounded, taught and proclaimed in Jesus Christ HIMSELF, which is manifested (in and through) HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church! God is not the author of your bible only Protestant inconsistent bible confusion and chaos!!!!!!!!
HOJO,

By you stating the same thing over and over again, it seems like you are trying to convince yourself of these posts....

The truth is, HOJO, that the church (GROUP OF PEOPLE - "CALLED OUT")~itself~ has NO authority at all but gets all its directives from the Word of God alone (as Jesus is the Word of God.)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484495 Oct 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post!...... Protestants "cling" to a non-biblical, non-historical (man-made myth) of Sola Ecclesia --the bible only is the Word of God, which was "never believed" by ANYONE until the 17th century...... Sola Ecclesia (or Sola Scriptura) has "no basis" of biblical or historical truth, to back it up, and is a "hodge-podge" of dogmatic Protestant opinions which total more than 42,000 contradicting beliefs.......The Catholic Christian Faith, which has been grounded in the TRUE DOCTRINE of biblical TRUTH and FAITH in Jesus Christ for over 2000 years believes in Sola Verbum Dei (THE WORD OF GOD ALONE). This WORD comes to us from Jesus HIMSELF and the Apostles through both the written and the oral tradition (2 Thess 2:15) which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus builds upon the rock of Peter (Matthew 16:13-21. The ineffable wisdom of God is made known through HIS Church (Eph 3:9-10) Paul confirms and re-affirms this in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH-----not 42,000 contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting "relative truths" in which "each persons bible only opinion" is the "final authority"!!!God (is not) nor EVER HAS BEEN the author of this Protestant "rif-raf" of confusion, disorder, chaos snd disorientation!!!!!!!
HOJO,

The Word of God defines the GROUP OF PEOPLE -("CALLED OUT.")

And, NOT the other way around, HOJO....this is what you CANNOT see!!!

The GROUP OF PEOPLE -("CALLED OUT") DOES NOT define the Word of God!!!!!!!!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484496 Oct 24, 2013
truth wrote:
God always can hear prayers.
Eye of Lords stay over righteousness, but face of God are against those who do evil.
Good post, truth!

Stay over righteousness - saved.....

Those who do evil - still in sin.....
truth

Perth, Australia

#484497 Oct 24, 2013
Thank you!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#484498 Oct 24, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
THE FAILURE AND LIES OF PROTESTANTISM
Protestant groups display a wide variety of different doctrines. However, virtually all claim to believe in the teachings of sola scriptura ("by Scripture alone"—the idea that we must use only the Bible when forming our theology) and sola fide ("by faith alone"— the idea that we are justified by faith only).
The great diversity of Protestant doctrines stems from the doctrine of private judgment, which denies the infallible authority of the Church and claims that each individual is to interpret Scripture for himself. This idea is rejected in 2 Peter 1:20, where we are told the first rule of Bible interpretation: "First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation." A significant feature of this heresy is the attempt to pit the Church "against" the Bible, denying that the magisterium has any infallible authority to teach and interpret Scripture.
The doctrine of private judgment has resulted in an enormous number of different denominations. According to The Christian Source book, there are approximately 40,000 denominations, with 270 new ones being formed each year. Virtually all of these are Protestant.
I ask ANY protesting Protestant to show me the bible verse which supports solo scriptura? Your house of cards falls in on itself.....
It's simple in many ways. Most Protestants want to make their own rules, their ow God or have God accept them on their own terms and the BIGGEST is these so called preachers. All full of pride and becoming their own God of sorts pretending to preach God's will. The problem as stated above is there are over 40,000 Preotestant cults ALL teaching something different which means they are ALL teaching error.
Would the holy spirit tell lies? Mislead? Yet these fools fail to grasp simple truth's because their pride makes them blind.
2 Timothy 4:3 "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."
Matthew 7 21-23 "21 “Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly,‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!" you can figure out the rest.
YOU WROTE

Protestant groups display a wide variety of different doctrines. However, virtually all claim to believe in the teachings of sola scriptura ("by Scripture alone"—the idea that we must use only the Bible when forming our theology) and sola fide ("by faith alone"— the idea that we are justified by faith only).

WONT IT BE A RUDE AWAKENING FOR ROMAN CATHOLICS...WHEN THEY FIND OUT THAT ....REAL CHRISTIANS... THAT ATTEMPT ...TO OBEY THE SCRIPTURES ENTER INTO ETERNAL LIFE...and they are left outside the GATE...

WE SOLA SCRIPTURIANS HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE....YOU CONSTANTIANS HAVE EVERY THING AT STAKE...BECAUSE YOU HAVE PLAYED A GAME OF RELIGIOUS BINGO. WITH YOU ETERNAL SOUL...

Just as man are not supposed to have sexual relations with other species

God does not tolerate spiritual relationship between his sons with

evil spirits.

What so ever is not of Faith is sin...

Rom_14:23 ......... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484499 Oct 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
The Word of God defines the GROUP OF PEOPLE -("CALLED OUT.")
And, NOT the other way around, HOJO....this is what you CANNOT see!!!
The GROUP OF PEOPLE -("CALLED OUT") DOES NOT define the Word of God!!!!!!!!!!
For the people who disagree with me.....

God created US......

The Word of God defines the "CALLED OUT" Christians.....

Why would you believe that the "CALLED OUT" have any authority to define who God is???

The Word of God is SUPREME over the "CALLED OUT" NOT the other way around.....

The "CALLED OUT" CANNOT be supreme over the Word of God.....
Liam

Newark, NJ

#484500 Oct 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
The Word of God defines the GROUP OF PEOPLE -("CALLED OUT.")
And, NOT the other way around, HOJO....this is what you CANNOT see!!!
The GROUP OF PEOPLE -("CALLED OUT") DOES NOT define the Word of God!!!!!!!!!!
Who's in this group of people? Who decides who's in it? Who decides what the Bible is saying?

Answering "the Holy Spirit does" is taking the ignorant- easy way out.
The Bible is not all that Christ revealed and definitely not all that the Apostles set up. If they'd done that, they most certainly would have given us a list of Biblical Books to include as well as tell us to go by the Bible alone.
There is nothing in scripture to support your theology.

The Church is the pillar and bulwark of truth per scripture. Not the Bible. If the Bible was the pillar and bulwark of truth, than Paul would have called the Bible as such. Instead, he called the Church it.

You can read what their Disciples wrote about what they thought the Church was, or you can ignore it and pretend your scenario is truth.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#484501 Oct 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
Protestant groups display a wide variety of different doctrines. However, virtually all claim to believe in the teachings of sola scriptura ("by Scripture alone"—the idea that we must use only the Bible when forming our theology) and sola fide ("by faith alone"— the idea that we are justified by faith only).
WONT IT BE A RUDE AWAKENING FOR ROMAN CATHOLICS...WHEN THEY FIND OUT THAT ....REAL CHRISTIANS... THAT ATTEMPT ...TO OBEY THE SCRIPTURES ENTER INTO ETERNAL LIFE...and they are left outside the GATE...
WE SOLA SCRIPTURIANS HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE....YOU CONSTANTIANS HAVE EVERY THING AT STAKE...BECAUSE YOU HAVE PLAYED A GAME OF RELIGIOUS BINGO. WITH YOU ETERNAL SOUL...
Just as man are not supposed to have sexual relations with other species
God does not tolerate spiritual relationship between his sons with
evil spirits.
What so ever is not of Faith is sin...
Rom_14:23 ......... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
~~~

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

THE CONJECTURE OF CONSTANTIN-ISM IS NOT IN THE WORD OF GOD...

Never has been and never will be.

Rome has kept the dynasty of Constantine going foe over 1600 years...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484502 Oct 24, 2013
In reading the Bible I found this reference to the Roman Catholic church. The Roman Catholic church is described in I Timothy 4:1-3 and it reads as follows:

I Timothy 4:1-3, "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth." (KJV)

The Roman Catholic church has done and is doing the following as stated in these Bible verses ......

1. Departed from the faith
2. Given heed to seducing spirits
3. Given heed to the DOCTRINES of devils
4. Spoken lies in hypocrisy
5. Their conscience seared with a hot iron
6. Forbidding to marry
7. Commanding to abstain from meats

I Timothy 4:1-3, "Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons. These people are hypocrites and liars, and their consciences are dead. They will say it is wrong to be married and wrong to eat certain foods. But God created those foods to be eaten with thanks by faithful people who know the truth." (NLT)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484503 Oct 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
For the people who disagree with me.....
God created US......
The Word of God defines the "CALLED OUT" Christians.....
Why would you believe that the "CALLED OUT" have any authority to define who God is???
The Word of God is SUPREME over the "CALLED OUT" NOT the other way around.....
The "CALLED OUT" CANNOT be supreme over the Word of God.....
People, all of you need to wake up:

John 12:48

48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

Since all power is given to Jesus and we will be JUDGED by the WORD (JESUS, as JESUS is the Word of God,) we should learn His WILL for us by studying it diligently.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#484504 Oct 24, 2013
GOOD MORNING!!! What a beautiful day!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Brother + Sister marriages be legalized ? (Dec '07) 7 min mohamad 809
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Epiphany2 600,955
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min Osama Bin Laden 118,198
Message to Marcos Maidana 39 min vishal444 3
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 42 min kumaran 5,383
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min Nanoisabittersexl... 738,181
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 95,365
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr g man 258,998
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 173,616
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••