Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675922 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#484754 Oct 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Diversion.
My belief is not in question here.
But you are correct withthe aspect that whatever you or I believe, does require the Self.
Why don't you begin posting teachings by Jesus on salvation, instead of your own opinions?
If you were to, you would get a much better understanding of why you fail to beleive in what Jesus taught.
<quoted text>
No you haven't - please stop making up things.
If you had, you would post them or at least a link to your post with them stated.
<quoted text>
If you agree with GiF and KM - then you also have been duped and refuse to acknowledge the truths that has been presented.
You do only beleive in a portion of Jesus. I've shown you where you don't. And now you have to ask again.
You are truly blinded by false doctrines.
"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus
This simple statement alone shows you don't believe in Jesus.
"You keep telling us,what we miss"
- and I keep showing you what you are missing. But you still refuse to accept them.
Self.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know,what I've posted . These,are just from my current history
http://biblehub.com/1_john/2-1.htm
JOHN ......in links,showing each version regarding belief in Jesus,leads,to ETERNAL LIFE ...
BIBLE GATEWAY ...to show,each version..including Catholic..
is,the,same
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
http://biblehub.com/john/6-37.htm
Good for you that you know, unfortunately, it has no bearing on my posts.

First you state "Jesus paid for our sins", now you claim "John" explains that we must use Jesus to repent our sins to "God", our Father.

Make up my mind - do I believe Jesus saved me already, or do I still have to repent for sins I don't do?
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Other verses,...current history in my browser .
Please,Don t insult ..again I know,what I post .
However the CONFRONTS. do a great job with scripture ..I agree
Here's,another from my browser .I only post these,links on this,thread
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Insult? Nah - just being direct with you.

Insulting would require me to actually know you. I've only made comments upon what you write, because you appear to lack much knowledge about Christianity.

If you would lie to me directly, maybe the comments would change.
truth

Perth, Australia

#484755 Oct 25, 2013
your ponte as EQ as what you say as fosters

noooooooooooooooooo
my way is not yours
my mind is not yours
no

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#484756 Oct 25, 2013
Catholic MichelleMC's Saint of the Day thread.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#484757 Oct 25, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
Maybe if I say it enough times, you will get it....
The authority is NOT in the church, but IN Christ JESUS!!!!!!!!!!
There is a message here, if you will just open your heart!
Maybe if I say it "one more time" TO YOU that you just might get it.....although I doubt that you will........because you have been PROPAGANDIZED systematically (since the Reformation)--falling into (half-truth, half-heresy) bible only distorted teaching by being "duped, deceived and totally misled by this "false interpretation" of Gods Word that you "fundies" just "make up" on your own..... Sola Scriptura is nothing more than an offshoot of 17th century "editorialized heresy", which has plagued the TRUTH of the TRUE Spoken and Stated words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, for over 2000 years. I lived this bible only "half-truth, half-heresy" (so-called Christianity for over 35 years before the Spirit of God, through His Son Jesus Christ, led me out of this "bible only bondage" of judgmental, condemning, false and perverted "fundies"teaching which has "absolutely NO BASIS of ANY biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of its "man-made--personal opinionated teachings. It will repeat it again to you Truth!!
Listen, read it carefully and comprehend what was written, believed, taught what was, is and will always be the TRUTH of the TRUE Word of God, from over 2000 years ago!

Jesus Christ IS the Church! The "AUTHORITY of the ABSOLUTE TRUTH of Jesus, is in HIS CHURCH!..HE and HIS CHURCH are one!..The TRUE Word of God, is "only" in His Son Jesus and the AUTHORITY is found "only" in HIS (Universal-Catholic) Church (Paul said so) when he calls THE CHURCH (NOT in the bible alone)....... the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH (I Timothy 3:15...... Jesus is the TRUE Bread of Life, come down from heaven!..... HIS TRUE BODY AND HIS TRUE BLOOD is in (ONLY) in the Eucharist (John 6:47-59) ONLY recognized, ONLY given and ONLY manifested in and through His One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church.......... Without HIS TRUE BODY AND BLOOD, you CANNOT have eternal life!!---Jesus HIMSELF, said it!
You bible only "fundies" can twist, manipulate and distort the "true interpretation" of the bible,(all you want), and pervert the "true meaning" with the same "half-truth, half-heresy" lies (over and over and over again--(as you always do)......... HOWEVER,.....your bible only opinionated "lies" (that you fundies are so famous for) will NEVER change the TRUTH of over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE WORD OF GOD "only revealed, only taught and only manifested in Our Lord Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ)

Albuquerque, NM

#484758 Oct 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to believe. SELF is,all important ..based on some thing ...self alone ..self with God ...self as,in only what your SELF accrues,materially in this,life??
Seld is important, and if you really dig deep into the subject, Self is why you do the things you do. As for "all important", I guess one could say that is true in some extent.

You require free will and personal thoughts to actually perform any task or speak any thought, and without Self's involvement, you really are just a person who is unable to do anything.

Unless, you have some sort of evidence that shows you are doing these things without it and "God" is your puppeteer. Do you?

If not, then stop lying about it not being important.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>I BELIEVE self us,important in relationship of myself to.My Saviour .
And you could not do this if Self was not involved....OR....you taking action to be involved.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>And belief in Him..repentance to Him..Eternal life WITH HIM
Belief = action of Self
Repentance = action of Self
eternal life with "Him" - occurs when we die, so it is supposed.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>YES,each self has to relate to GOD ..... u cannot relate to Him for anyone else,..it vice versa,...
....and yet you refuse to accept teachings by Jesus that clearly explains this.

You really don't know what you are talking about, or you do, and knowingly reject these teachings of Jesus that speaks directly to this.

Which is it?
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>I can tell them...plant a,seed ..whatever God uses me for ..
More actions by Self. Unless you think you are a puppet? Are you?

Then I really shouldn't be talking to you, but to "God", whom you say is "using you".

*sighs* Why do you lie outright?
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>ETERNITY IS,A,LINE ....our worldly life is,a,dot on the line ...our focus,should be the,LINE ..
Self is the line you should reflect upon and understand.

Why do you let men tell you how to believe?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#484759 Oct 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that ..
What I have been wondering recently...And,not sure how your Church handles,this,.
I agree,that if we,sin against a,person ...say stealing we should make it up to them ..call it penance or restitution .
As kids,..yes,we,got priest,who gave more,penance ..some less,..we,liked the less,.
But as,an adult ..why is,saying prayers,penance ..
Just curious,.
Shouldn't a,prayer be heartfelt communication...not punishment???
Does your Church give prayers,like his,as,penance ???
What makes you think the prayers of a penitent are not heartfelt communication? They most certainly are, and if not, they should be. The Sacrament of Reconciliation is above all a healing sacrament. We confess our sins and the priest offers spiritual, and sometimes practical, advice where appropriate. We are there because of our sorrow for offending God and desire to be reconciled to Him. Penance is but one expression of that sorrow. It is not to be viewed as a punishment.

Albuquerque, NM

#484760 Oct 25, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
The first love of our Church is Christ, our Founder.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "our Church"...
Good luck - as there has been many definitions to this entity, yet all seem to be different.

In an RCCers eyes, it is the Roman Catholic Church, and doesn't include Protestant or Orthodox churches.

In the Orthodox view - it includes them all.

In the Protestant view - it only includes Protestant denominations and churches.

IMO - it is the believers in Jesus, but wait a minute - most of Christianity doesn't believe in many of Jesuss teachings, so it must be still soemthing else.

Like I said - good luck!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#484761 Oct 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
You Christers are hilarious.
~~~

Enjoy yourself ... it's later than you think...

The prophecies of the Bible prove that it is...

While you are laughing at us ...Time is swiftly passing.

and the coming of Jesus Christ is imminent.

Our word as we know it is selfdestructing..
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#484762 Oct 25, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>

Bible unity is only achieved by keeping the TRUTH of GodÂ’s Word!!!
There is "no bible unity" with you bible only "fundies" because (since the Reformation) you have DIS-UNITED into 42,000 contradicting of splittered, fractured and divided ----RELATIVE TRUTHS of God's Word--who can't agree on ANYTHING except attacking, condemning, ripping and judging the faith and Salvation of over 1.2 billion Catholic Christians (world-wide)-------AND------- Jesus Christs HIMSELF and HIS One True Catholic Church. How can you have "bible unity" when you have over 42,000 RELATIVE TRUTH (personal opinions) of Gods Word. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH of Gods Word---(not 42,000 contradiction of HIS WORD. That is "exactly why" there is ONLY ONE TRUTH OF Gods Word!!!!! It is been proven, authenticated and verified over and over and over again by (the vast majority of )highly accredited Church Historian and Apologist authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant) and THAT ONE TRUE TRUTH of GODS WORD has, is and will always be grounded and manifested in JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF--in and through His One True Catholic Church----(and none other)!!!!!

#484763 Oct 25, 2013
Correction

Our world as we know it is self destructing....

THEIS PROPHECY HAS ALREADY BEEN FULFILLED

FROM AD 70...1948,,,Israel RETURNED

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

THESE PROPHECIES ARE IN PROGRESS NOW

Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

THE EARTH IS CONVULSING FROM THE SIN UPON IT'S SURFACE
THERE ARE EARTHQUAKES, VOLCANIC IRRUPTIONS, STORMS,
TORNADO'S, AND THERE IS NO PEACE...

NOTE

Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Albuquerque, NM

#484764 Oct 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
I've posted the links,several times,..to half of John at least ..can't cut and paste,parts,of pages,..
Let's,say I agree with Kay and,GIF scriptures,.
Where,do YOU get your belief that we,only BELieve SOME,.
WHAT ARE,WE MISSING ...TELL US,..
You keep telling us,what we miss,
----------
Don't worry about it, Roseez. That is his parroted message. He says about two things continually: "Why don't you believe Jesus?"
But he never says what he is talking about. I don't think he knows what he believes.
KayMarie
LOL

"That is his parroted message."
- no its not, it is Jesus' message that you refuse to acknowledge.

"He says about two things continually: "Why don't you believe Jesus?""
- this is only one of the two things.
- the other, since you aren't paying attention - "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." Another statement by Jesus you refuse to accept.

Please don't lie about me, it shows the kind of person you really are.

"But he never says what he is talking about."
- that is because you probably skip right over my posts. I've trued to explain everything I post in the most easiest way for you Literalist to understand. And yet you still state lies about me.

You are why I left Christianity, I couldn't stand people lying about others. They did it so well in Catholicism, and now I understand that they do it across the board - even within your sect.

"I don't think he knows what he believes."
- There you go again, thinking incorrectly and without substantiating your opinion.
- I know exactly what I believe.
- I also know that you don't believe in what Jesus taught, and that you lie that you do.

Who's trying to fool who, KM?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#484765 Oct 25, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus renamed Simon, Rock. Without a doubt the dumbest thing you've said to date.
Psalm 62:1 For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.
* So verses like this are now null and void and the Rock has been renamed to Peter?
*Christ is the Rock ALL OVER SCRIPTURE but He renamded it to Simon...really Clay?
Jesus to Simon: "you are rock, and upon this rock I'll build my Church"

Acts 1:15 "in those days, Rock stood up among the believers (a group numbering about 120).

Acts 2:14 "then Rock stood up with the eleven and raised his voice and addressed the crowed....'listen careful to what I say"

Acts 2:38 "Rock replied, repent and be baptized everyone of you"

Acts 3:6 "then Rock said,'silver and gold I do not have, but what i do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk"

Yes, I'm pretty sure Jesus named Simon Rock, and I proved it with scripture.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484766 Oct 25, 2013
<quoted text>
The prophecies of the Bible prove that it is.....
Not a single Bible prophecy has come true in 2000 years.

You realize your "end of the world" cult is a minority Christian view, right?

Your particular cult is barely 100 years old. Back in the middle ages, you would have been burned at the stake as a heretic by your fellow Christians.

Nowadays they all just think you're assholes.

Albuquerque, NM

#484767 Oct 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You remind me of a snake. Deceitful.
Of course he does, because you, like many so-called Catholics, can't seem to find goodness in people, so you automatically go to the negative and make unfounded comparisons of people.

Yep - the double-talking liars of Catholicism.

To give you facts, the serpent is a symbol in many cultures, and mean many different things, including fertility, >>>gaurdians of sacre places<<< and other meanings.

But you seem to go with the negative.

People like you are why the world is always "out to get" another person - especially if they are not like you.

Michael said it before - "because they don't believe like you" is a perfect explanation of Catholicism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_ (symbolism)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484768 Oct 25, 2013
Correction
Civilization is in far better condition than it has been in the last 6000 years.

#484769 Oct 25, 2013
Correction
THEIS PROPHECY HAS ALREADY BEEN FULFILLED
FROM AD 70...1948,,,Israel RETURNED
Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
THESE PROPHECIES ARE IN PROGRESS NOW
Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
THE EARTH IS CONVULSING FROM THE SIN UPON IT'S SURFACE
THERE ARE EARTHQUAKES, VOLCANIC IRRUPTIONS, STORMS,
TORNADO'S, AND THERE IS NO PEACE...
NOTE
Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
JUDGE MY POST NOW AS YOU WISH...

THE BIBLE IS NOT A WISH BOOK ...IT IS A MANUFACTURES Manuel SENT ALONG

WITH GOD'S CREATION..

Some here pay more attention to the maintenance of you automobile than you do your eternal souls.

You carefully select the one that works on your Vehicle.

BUT

As far as your soul is concerned...you take the word of just about any
body that comes down the pike.

Location hidden

#484770 Oct 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
And Sera, I know many many sincere, godly, devout pastors. I went to high school with one. Great guy all around.
Prestons interpretations of the Bible says I'm going to eternal hell for being Catholic. He's not afraid to tell me it either. So no, I do not believe the Holy Spirit has anything to do with his interpretations. I don't think he's a legitimate Minister, no matter how many verses he's memorized either. He backs off on you want guys because you're polite to him and you have a common enemy. That's a wolf in sheep's clothing, Sera.
You are lying again. what I say and I will say it again.

JESUS SAYS UNLESS A MAN IS BORN AGAIN, HE WILL NOT ENTER HEAVEN.

I believe that YOU are not Born Again and all of the constant lying that YOU do is proof that you are not Saved.

as for Nick and Sera, their Love for the Lord is evident and is on display for ALL to see and that is what I go by.

as far as verses memorized, I cant hardly get John 3:16 correctly, But I do know what the Bible is telling us, and that is what is important.

Albuquerque, NM

#484771 Oct 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm done. Good night. Plus there is too much venom in my posts tonight. Its not good for my soul.
...and yet you fidn it easy enough to call another a "snake".

Yes - being negative is not good for the Self [soul/conscience/mind/being]

That maybe one of the few comments on this forum that actually shows you do think for yourself - which is also Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#484772 Oct 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Join his anonymous congregation if you take him that serious. He can put brake fluid on your forehead.
Pssst....its motor oil...please quote him accurately.

:o)

#484773 Oct 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a single Bible prophecy has come true in 2000 years.
You realize your "end of the world" cult is a minority Christian view, right?
Your particular cult is barely 100 years old. Back in the middle ages, you would have been burned at the stake as a heretic by your fellow Christians.
Nowadays they all just think you're assholes.
YOUR LANGUAGE IS OBJECTIONABLE ..YOUR HEART MUST BE IN TOTAL DARKNESS

ACCORDING TO WHAT IS COMING FROM IT...

Luk_6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 59 min Lawrence Wolf 279
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 1 hr Issaa 480
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Bongo 110,767
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 46,202
Plenty To Celebrate On President Donald's 100th... 5 hr every troll here ... 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Pegasus 286,312
How To recover deleted notes on iphone 4/4S/5? (Mar '13) 7 hr jacckd 65
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 hr waaaasuuuup brother 982,119
More from around the web