Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681748 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484586 Oct 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be Jim Jones, Charles Manson, Peter Popoff, Melissa Scott, Arnold Murray, Prestonites, Campbellites, Benny Hinnites, Confrintites, Rozezites, Ted Haggardites, Padites, Margites, LTMites, guessites,TRUTHites, Mikeites etc.
Yeah Christ established his church. He gave the Keys to Peter. He said I name you Peter (Rock) and upon this Rock I will build my church. Peter is the rock and Jesus prayed that he would strengthen the others. Notice how when Jesus reinstated him after his denial. He called him Simon to his fallen name. 3x he asks him do you love me and even more then these which were the other Apostles who were right there. 3x was Holy Tradition when instituting an office. The King had 12 servants but only 1 was given the keys until the king returns. The keys werent the bible not put together yet of the books they choose to accept with their own interpretation. The Lord said he would send them a helper, The Holy Spirit. Muslims say it was Mohmmad. In Acts Peter boldly leads them out and in the temple he recalls the words of Jesus. When they bring you before the synagogues the holy sprit will tell you what to say. You may have heard the chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Well God often chose the most unlikely to raise them up to do his will to greater show his Glory. So those today who demean Peter and act like they are better demean the Lord and his choice as they do with Mary. His confession if you will was revealed from the Lord, but the Lord did not say he would build his church upon himself or the revelation that was given to Peter. He gave the Keys to Peter and all the Apostles would have authority to bind and loose, but not to the exclusion of the Key Holder as it was in Israel and the Church is the New Israel. According to Truth the church is any group of false teachers called out who say they follow scripture. Every heresy used scripture to seperate themselves from the church. Wherever 2 or 3 heretics/false teachers are gathered apart from the church. No Jesus is not there. He picked the Apostles They chose others and said to remember what you have learned and from whom you have learned it. Paul instructs Timothy much later not to ordain just anyone. In Protestant world that means a mail order preacher degree. Protestants follow charismatic men and interpretations that fit with their world view of individual truths. Self As Hojo pointed out Paul in Ephesians says that Through The Church the truth would be revealed. The pillar of the truth. Peter warns the unlearned wrest scripture unto their destruction, but all Protestants have made themselves authorities saying they know the truth. The bible has something to say about teachers as well ignored by most protestants. Paul was sent to Ananias a member of the church to be ordained and Baptized. So we see clearly there was a hierarchy. Their were approved men who were chosen. They were given authority and their was always monarchal Bishops never just a body of loose believers each doing there own thing. Correction was given this is what most of the letters about. Have a good day.
Your popes have eternally murdered far more people than any person you could name with their false doctrines of salvation by baptism and other doctrines of devils. When you stand at the Great White throne judgment with your many Roman Catholic buddies and make excuses as to why you preached a gospel which led many to eternal destruction what do you suppose Jesus will say. Oh, thats right. Your Jesus does not talk because he is a cracker. Right? Your excuses will not save you.
YTube

Marietta, GA

#484587 Oct 24, 2013

ANTICHRIST ....on world stage

Michael

Canada

#484591 Oct 24, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They generally don't run surpluses, so there isn't extra cash laying round that isn't earmarked.
Help NEVER comes from the vatican yet many credable news sources claim the vatican has BILLIONS in investments.

Vatican worlds biggest stock broker.

World's Biggest Stock Broker

......The Catholic Church, therefore, once all her assets have been put together, is the most formidable stockbroker in the world. The 'Wall Street Journal' said that the Vatican's financial deals in the U.S. alone were so big that very often it sold or bought gold in lots of a million or more dollars at one time.

......Therefore, the Vatican was, and still is, the most redoubtable wealth accumulator and property owner in existence. No one knows for certain how much the Catholic Church was, or is worth in terms of dollars and other currencies, not even the pope himself.

That is the true situation borne out by a Vatican official who, when asked to make a guess at the Vatican's wealth today, replied very tellingly, "Only God knows."

READ THIS:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatican/vat...

Dioceses around the world send a percentage of their take to the vatican known as Peters Pence. None ever comes back from what I understand.

....a few crumbs now and then would be greatly appreciated I would believe especially to the dioceses that are bankrupt........wouldn't ya' think?

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484592 Oct 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
" There is NO UNITY in your bible only beliefs, and there NEVER WILL BE! You Protestants have "proven this to be true--over and over and over again on this forum.!!!!You "fundies" are "running around in circles" arguing, debating, disputing, complaining, ripping, attacking, condemning and disagreeing with each others "interpretation of bible verses". All (anyone) has to do is go back to "day one" on this forum and read the Protestants that chastising and violently disagreeing each other, and calling each other names, each claiming to have the truth (listen to me, listen to me, I've go the truth)....You "fundies" are like the (tea cups) at Disneyland going around and around "aimlessly" with your own "personal opinions" which are as "shallow" as each one of the thousands and thousands of bible only "divided" interpretations of the WORD OF GOD!!!!We as Catholics will remain with the TRUTH OF GODS WORD, in and through "Our Lords" One True Catholic Church!!!
You can DO WHAT YOU WANT!!! Makes absolutely "no difference" to us!!!!
HOJO,

Unity in the BODY of CHRIST....

Ephesians 4:1

4 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the CALLING you have received.

Ephesians 4:13

13 until we all ~~~~~reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature,~~~~~ attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

The unity of God’s people can never be fabricated by man...it must come by the Spirit of God.
Liam

Elizabeth, NJ

#484593 Oct 24, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
The Catholic Church "lives on" because she was the only church AGGRESSIVE enough to torture and murder *heretics*. Most people were far too terrified to resist and thereby risk their lives, so they joined the church in order to be allowed to keep living.
Throughout history, though, there has always been some who resist this torture and murder of the Catholic Church and held to the Word of God, rather than believe the terrorist leaders of the Catholic Church.
-
Again. We have the Catholic Church to thank for Islamic terrorism.
For those outside both the Catholic Church and Islam the resulting terrorism of both groups looks exactly the same. People get tortured and dead if they don't join the terrorists.
Wow, you are one nut.
Michael

Canada

#484594 Oct 24, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tithing is generally a protestant precept.
There are Catholic tithing dioceses around america, and 10% seems to be the magic number.

http://www.diocese-kcsj.org/content/offices_a...

Liam

Elizabeth, NJ

#484595 Oct 24, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually it requires FAITH. Your faith is placed in a pope with a hat that looks much like a circus clown. My faith is placed in the finish work of Jesus Christ on the cross. Thank you.
Actually my faith is in Jesus Christ, not the Pope.
Really though, what's the difference to the fundie about having a Pope? Everyone of you either follow one or made yourself one. Only you've assumed more authority than our Popes.
Our Popes are not allowed to change the word of God. If Francis said tomorrow,'we are goin with sola scripture now', he'd be changing the word of God and would be rebuked because that's not what Jesus taught nor His Apostles. The Church they established is still visible- funny hats and all.

Since: Feb 13

Philadelphia, PA

#484596 Oct 24, 2013
For being the only true church on the planet why did they have to kill millions and force them into Catholicism back in the dark-middle ages?Not trying to knock them but I have always wondered this. why would you have to force someone to choose life or your religion? if your religion was so great then people would want to join and not have there lives in jeopardy for saying Thanks, but No thanks. Then there was the inquisitions, hmmmmm

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484597 Oct 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You bible only "fundies" have been "going downhill" ever since Luther "invented his "man-made" (pre-fabricated) Sola Ecclesia fictitious (half-truth, half heresy) Christianity some 500 years ago at the beginning of the Reformation!!! Jesus Christ NEVER taught to His Apostles (or ANYONE else for that matter) that The TRUTH of the WORD OF GOD was in the bible alone!! PROOF of what Jesus ACTUALLY taught is the WORD OF GOD ALONE which comes to us from Christ HIMSELF and HIS Apostles through BOTH the written and the oral tradition (2 Thess 2:15) which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus builds upon the rock of Peter (Matthew 16:13-21. The ineffable wisdom of God is (only) made known through HIS Church (Eph 3:9-10)which is PROVEN, VERIFIED and AUTHENTICATED by Paul in I Timothy 3:15, when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! Your distorted and perverted "man-made" bible only (opinions) Confrinting--- are just another one of the (contradicting) 42,000+
"editorialist "bible waiving" preachers" that DO NOT SPEAK FOR GOD and never will!-------- ONLY, until you come to the TRUTH of the TRUE WORD OF GOD (2 Thess 2:15) and TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ that HE gave us over 2000 years ago, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church,(only then) will your preaching begin to have ANY resemblance of "credibility"!!! Currently "it has little of nothing at all"!!!!!!! Your bible only ministry Confrinting, is nothing more than a vindictive and hatefilled anti-catholic (opinionated)------trash talking"----"clangin g cymbal or a noisy gong" (I Cor 13:1)
Say on!!!! The pope is a bald-face liar!!!! Good for you!!!!!
Michael

Canada

#484598 Oct 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You can try all you want to discredit the Church that Jesus founded, we are still #1......love or hate it, it will always be número uno! Thanks be to GOD!
Religion News Service
"While mainline Protestant churches in the U.S. continue to experience decades-long decline.
The Roman Catholic Church (No. 1) and the Southern Baptist Convention (No. 2) are still significantly larger than all other North American denominations."
Notre Dame de Paris

.......France is an overwhelmingly Catholic country -- up to 88 percent of the population belongs to the Roman Catholic church, according to the CIA World Factbook. However, the number of active believers has been falling for decades.

.......The numbers are grim. Last year, according to reports, more than one-third (35 percent) of France’s population and almost two-thirds (63 percent) of youth said they belonged to “no religion.”

......... France boasts a glorious and splendid Catholic legacy -- from the iconic Notre Dame cathedral in Paris to its status as one of the first countries to adopt Catholicism as its official religion. In fact, when Pope Leo III crowned Charlemagne as Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire in the year 800, France’s history became inseparable from that of the Catholic Church

.......Moreover, Avignon in the south of France served as the papal seat from 1309 to 1377 -- the last of the so-called ‘Avignonese popes’ was Gregory XI, who was born Pierre-Roger De Beaufort in Limoges-Fourche.(No Frenchman has served as the Holy Father since then.)

......But now in the second decade of the 21st century, with the College of Cardinals having elected a new Pontiff in the Vatican -- Pope Francis of Argentina -- France’s Catholic Churches are increasingly bereft of parishioners.

.....Very few people, an estimated 1-in-20 of the French, regularly attend Mass anymore.

Father Innocent Feugna, an African deacon who toils at St Pierre de Guise in northern France, complained that his congregation in aging and dying out.

“Here I'm preaching to pensioners,” he lamented to BBC.

I post information that catholics should know about. I will post other western world countries and how catholicism is doing there. Stay tuned!
Peter Paul and Mary

United States

#484599 Oct 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The greatest country in the world the USA.
1) 2,000 years 67 million catholics in the USA
2) 500 years 155 million protestants in the USA
Almost 3 protestants for every catholic today in america.
50 million non believers (most former catholics/protestants) in america and growing quickly.
.....I bring the news thats important to all.
"Many are called, but few are chosen"

Many people hear the call of God which comes through His revelation of Himself through two things—the creation and the conscience within us. But only the "few" will respond because they are the ones who are truly hearing. Jesus said many times,“He who has ears to hear, let him hear”(Matthew 11:15; Mark 4:9; Luke 8:8, 14:35).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/many-called-few-c...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484600 Oct 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be Jim Jones, Charles Manson, Peter Popoff, Melissa Scott, Arnold Murray, Prestonites, Campbellites, Benny Hinnites, Confrintites, Rozezites, Ted Haggardites, Padites, Margites, LTMites, guessites,TRUTHites, Mikeites etc.
Yeah Christ established his church. He gave the Keys to Peter. He said I name you Peter (Rock) and upon this Rock I will build my church. Peter is the rock and Jesus prayed that he would strengthen the others. Notice how when Jesus reinstated him after his denial. He called him Simon to his fallen name. 3x he asks him do you love me and even more then these which were the other Apostles who were right there. 3x was Holy Tradition when instituting an office. The King had 12 servants but only 1 was given the keys until the king returns. The keys werent the bible not put together yet of the books they choose to accept with their own interpretation. The Lord said he would send them a helper, The Holy Spirit. Muslims say it was Mohmmad. In Acts Peter boldly leads them out and in the temple he recalls the words of Jesus. When they bring you before the synagogues the holy sprit will tell you what to say. You may have heard the chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Well God often chose the most unlikely to raise them up to do his will to greater show his Glory. So those today who demean Peter and act like they are better demean the Lord and his choice as they do with Mary. His confession if you will was revealed from the Lord, but the Lord did not say he would build his church upon himself or the revelation that was given to Peter. He gave the Keys to Peter and all the Apostles would have authority to bind and loose, but not to the exclusion of the Key Holder as it was in Israel and the Church is the New Israel. According to Truth the church is any group of false teachers called out who say they follow scripture. Every heresy used scripture to seperate themselves from the church. Wherever 2 or 3 heretics/false teachers are gathered apart from the church. No Jesus is not there. He picked the Apostles They chose others and said to remember what you have learned and from whom you have learned it. Paul instructs Timothy much later not to ordain just anyone. In Protestant world that means a mail order preacher degree. Protestants follow charismatic men and interpretations that fit with their world view of individual truths. Self As Hojo pointed out Paul in Ephesians says that Through The Church the truth would be revealed. The pillar of the truth. Peter warns the unlearned wrest scripture unto their destruction, but all Protestants have made themselves authorities saying they know the truth. The bible has something to say about teachers as well ignored by most protestants. Paul was sent to Ananias a member of the church to be ordained and Baptized. So we see clearly there was a hierarchy. Their were approved men who were chosen. They were given authority and their was always monarchal Bishops never just a body of loose believers each doing there own thing. Correction was given this is what most of the letters about. Have a good day.
An other catlick calling the pope a liar....bless you!!!!
Michael

Canada

#484601 Oct 24, 2013
Catholicism in Ireland at a new low.

http://www.salon.com/2013/03/26/irish_catholi...

http://murphydp.wordpress.com/2012/08/15/the-...

I bring important news that catholics should know. The news they don't want to know.
Michael

Canada

#484602 Oct 24, 2013
Germans fleeing the catholic church.

Why?

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/...

Michael

Canada

#484603 Oct 24, 2013
Todays headlines from Germany!

October 24, 2013 "Catholics forced to pay tax or leave the church.

http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2013/10/outrageou...
Peter Paul and Mary

United States

#484604 Oct 24, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
Okay Protestants , read this BIBLE passage that Christ said . 1
Matthew 16:18
And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Now the Catholic Church is His Church. Deal with it or you will bwe calling Christ a liar.
It is unfortunate that people not of the Catholic faith have taken your verse above and not given regard to the language it was being conveyed in. Aramaic, Greek and Hebrew languages have to be recognized and taken into consideration when interpreting this passage. We have our Church Fathers who have done this and we have the true meaning of what Jesus was saying. They (non Catholics) just interpret it to fit their own agenda and beliefs.

Sad but true.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#484605 Oct 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Notre Dame de Paris
.......France is an overwhelmingly Catholic country -- up to 88 percent of the population belongs to the Roman Catholic church, according to the CIA World Factbook. However, the number of active believers has been falling for decades.
.......The numbers are grim. Last year, according to reports, more than one-third (35 percent) of France’s population and almost two-thirds (63 percent) of youth said they belonged to “no religion.”
......... France boasts a glorious and splendid Catholic legacy -- from the iconic Notre Dame cathedral in Paris to its status as one of the first countries to adopt Catholicism as its official religion. In fact, when Pope Leo III crowned Charlemagne as Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire in the year 800, France’s history became inseparable from that of the Catholic Church
.......Moreover, Avignon in the south of France served as the papal seat from 1309 to 1377 -- the last of the so-called ‘Avignonese popes’ was Gregory XI, who was born Pierre-Roger De Beaufort in Limoges-Fourche.(No Frenchman has served as the Holy Father since then.)
......But now in the second decade of the 21st century, with the College of Cardinals having elected a new Pontiff in the Vatican -- Pope Francis of Argentina -- France’s Catholic Churches are increasingly bereft of parishioners.
.....Very few people, an estimated 1-in-20 of the French, regularly attend Mass anymore.
Father Innocent Feugna, an African deacon who toils at St Pierre de Guise in northern France, complained that his congregation in aging and dying out.
“Here I'm preaching to pensioners,” he lamented to BBC.
I post information that catholics should know about. I will post other western world countries and how catholicism is doing there. Stay tuned!
Bye bye France. Don't let the door hit you in the behind. Truth is truth, the Catholic Church will not change because France decided they wanted something different. Remember the King of England who wanted something different too? How's it going these days for that Church.. They've splintered into 500 different truths.

Since: Feb 13

Philadelphia, PA

#484606 Oct 24, 2013
wow I am not sure what is worse. A catholic defending there faith or a radical Christian who quotes the bible like it is actual truth and fact. I mean the bible is man made, not the literal word of God like some of you radicals do when you throw these verse around as if it's law. wow what is worse in many ways. I really think the radical Christians are the Cancer of our country. There is nothing wrong with having faith and nothing wrong with belonging to a certain religion, if anything it is actually needed in societies because of how ignorant and stupid most humans can be. but please to the radicals out there you really don't understand how stupid and ignorant you come off as. nobody is listening to what you say. it is almost as if your talking to your self and being laughed at when you throw out these bible verses left and rite. And to the Jesus thumpers, you are even worse. I would bet you more people have been killed in the name of Jesus then anyone person overdosing off drugs, bet my life on that.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#484607 Oct 24, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
Okay Protestants , read this BIBLE passage that Christ said . 1
Matthew 16:18
And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Now the Catholic Church is His Church. Deal with it or you will bwe calling Christ a liar.
Ok Cusser read this:
Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

- so is both Jesus and Peter the rock?
- Is Jesus the only Rock?
- Is the bible contradicting itself?
- Catholic church got it wrong and they use this verse to control the minds of weak folks like yourself?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484608 Oct 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Diversion.
My belief is not in question here.
But you are correct withthe aspect that whatever you or I believe, does require the Self.
Why don't you begin posting teachings by Jesus on salvation, instead of your own opinions?
If you were to, you would get a much better understanding of why you fail to beleive in what Jesus taught.
I've posted the links,several times,..to half of John at least ..can't cut and paste,parts,of pages,..

Let's,say I agree with Kay and,GIF scriptures,.

Where,do YOU get your belief that we,only BELieve SOME,.

WHAT ARE,WE MISSING ...TELL US,..

You keep telling us,what we miss,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min 07 Mustang 7,211
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Nothingfromnothing 982,223
Muslim airlines, Qatar, attempting stake in Ame... 5 min Doctor REALITY 4
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Pres Donald J Tru... 123,369
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min Ugly Facts 619,450
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 4 hr Brice N Livingston 6
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr onemale 286,526
More from around the web