Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,514
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#484225 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
When men graduated from a seminary they were placed into a diocese. Usually they spend the next 50 years moving from parish to parish within the diocese. All priests in that diocese over time get to know each other, they share living accomodations with each other, they sleep in the same house, eat together, socialize together, they know each others strengths and weaknesses, get moved to another parish. I would say within a very few years every priest in the diocese knows each other priest to some degree.
During the past 50 years there have been thousands of priests who have been caught buggering children, and I am sure any priest in a diocese would know details that we wouldn't know. Over this time NOT ONE PRIEST ever dialed 9-1-1 to rat out another priest. It was ALWAYS the victims or their families who showed up at the parish or diocese demanding accountability. News travels fast.
NOW! the church has done a reversal. Every priest who gets caught, everyone dials 9-1-1 to apprehend the culprit so he could be done with in our justice system.
The bishops that covered up these crimes for these priests before, are now instructed to blow the whistle on the very same men they were covering up for in the first place.
I was a firefighter for 30 years. Over 500 men/women on the department. There wasn't much we didn't know about each other in all aspects..........and remember we went home after our shift, these priests are in contact and together 24/7 for 50 plus years.
So, if any of your fellow firefighters were committing criminal acts, they told you about it over coffee, or they kept it to themselves as to not get caught?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#484226 Oct 22, 2013
who="BenAdam" <quoted text>
Yes. The truth is unchanging although the box it comes in varies. <smile>

----------
The Box the Truth comes in is Mother's Old Black Bible.
The Truth is immoveable.
Facts are not necessarily 'truth'. Mountains can be removed. Rivers can be re-routed...etc.

KayMarie
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#484227 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Atually, what's happened is that we've strengthened our vigilance to ensure the safty and well-being of the children in care of any Church activities.
Pre-screeing, etc. is very rigorous.
Doing something, admittedly, isn't as glamorous or dramatic as screeching on a message board.
"Doing something, admittedly, isn't as glamorous or dramatic as screeching on a message board."

Lol...

Though I will give him this...at least he's not claiming to be a Christian like the other screechers who are schmoozing with him solely because he's an anti-Catholic bigot. Something about being filled with so much hate, I believe...lol! What a bunch of hypocrites.

#484228 Oct 22, 2013
What are we giving to others...

Mat 14:13 When Jesus heard of it, he departed thence by ship into a desert place apart: and when the people had heard thereof, they followed him on foot out of the cities.

Mat 14:14 And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.

Mat 14:15 And when it was evening, his disciples came to him, saying, This is a desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away, that they may go into the villages, and buy themselves victuals.

NOTE WHAT JESUS SAID TO HIS DISCIPLES...

Mat 14:16 But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat.

Mat 14:17 And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes.

WHAT CAN JESUS DO ..IF YOU GIVE WHAT YOU HAVE INTO HIS HANDS? THO IT MIGHT SEEM PIT-LESS AGAINST THE ODDS

Mat 14:18 He said, Bring them hither to me.

Mat 14:19 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and

the two fishes, and

looking up to heaven,

he blessed, and

brake, and

gave

the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.

Mat 14:20 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.

Mat 14:21 And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.

Mat 14:22 And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.

WHAT IS IT

THAT WE

BLESS.. BREAK...AND GIVE?
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#484229 Oct 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
Teen sex is,Not a,good idea,..especially this crazy hook up mentality today ..it's,harmful ..in many ways,and does not please,God
It's nothing like when we were young ....out there ..But it does happen
But ..young boys and girls very young are doing it ..I'd much rather they learn to be protected than hurt another by aborting their babies ..And hurt or ruin their lives in the process ..not to mention spreading diseases that could kill them..
----------
I thought about asking Michael what happened to those girls he left behind...
KM
Not a pretty picture, is it? A lot of suffering...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484230 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if any of your fellow firefighters were committing criminal acts, they told you about it over coffee, or they kept it to themselves as to not get caught?
There are several layers of authority on our fire department.

Chief, deputy chief, 4 assistant deputy chiefs, 4 platoon chiefs, 8 district chiefs, 85 captains. A firefighter can be disciplined by his captain, then the captain notifies his district chief and so on up the line. Then the union executive gets involved and there are another 6 people who know..it isn't long before everyone knows practically everything about everyone.

Same with the police.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484231 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Atually, what's happened is that we've strengthened our vigilance to ensure the safty and well-being of the children in care of any Church activities.
Doing something, admittedly, isn't as glamorous or dramatic as screeching on a message board.
The ONLY reason the church is now addressing this issue is because the number of cases became so overwhelming the church could not defend them any longer.

Bishops that covered up for clergy in the past, are now blowing the whistle on the ones they covered up for in the first place.

Is it the right thing to do? Absolutely, but too many children were denied any medical help from the church, but the church sent their bad/ass clergy off to physchiatrists so they could be helped. Too bad for you kids.

If the church was living the way they preach, much of these bad acts could have saved a lot of children the horror and pain they experienced.

Again, this was a worldwide problem. Not isolated incidents.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#484232 Oct 22, 2013
I have three University degrees and hold a position as a college professor.
All you have is mental illness and a "magic book".
It is so cute when mental midgets like you think they know more than those of who actually bothered to get an education.
----------
THAT EXPLAINS IT !!! The crazy stuff coming out of our colleges today (from liberal, communist, anti-religious professors) is threatening our freedom and our good sense.
You need a REAL education...get a Bible.
KayMarie
I doubt if he does, Kay. I don't agree with Chuck on very much, but in this case he's probably right.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484233 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Get the stats from Cozzens, then, and cite them please.
2.) You're asserting here that gay men are pedophiles?
3.) Most protestant churches don't report "up". They are self-contained vs. Catholic churches.
4.) You still haven't informed us as to how "most" clergy knew what bad acts any of their fellows were doing.
5.) Any priest who's ever lived has been a sinner. They still have to administer the Sacraments.
Father Donald Cozzens says.......

.......Catholics in stark contrast to parents of previous generations are no longer likely to see priesthood and religious life as a healthy way of life for their children," he writes. "One reason is what Cozzens, a straight man, calls, the 'gay crises.' The priesthood is, or is becoming, a gay profession."

....That's what Rev. Cozzen's writes. Now he teaches the priests. He cites sociologist, James G Wolf's 1989 assessment that, get this now, 48.5% of the priests, and 55.1% of seminarians were gay. Can you believe this? 48.5% of the priests, that's those that are practicing in the priesthood now. Fifty-five, over half ... 55.1% of seminarians were gay. That's over half of your priests in the seminaries that are gay men. He goes on down, Cozzens writes. He touches on Yale Historian, John Boswell's contention, that holy orders have been honorable sanctuary for gay men for centuries. This has been the place for them to go, where they don't get caught.

Priests with AIDS.....

http://kcsweb.kcstar.com/projects/priests/

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story...

http://www.dignityusa.org/content/kansas-city...

I bring the news that catholics don't know about, and don't want to know about. I believe transparency is the best policy.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#484234 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>
I cannot speak for others here...and be involved in the blame game...
I am here to tell you that irregardless of what the past
holds,
it cannot control the future of a church
that will repent
turn to God
and lay hold upon the truth
and miraculous power of GOD'S eternal word. and let it be manifested
through him.
No walls of stone could hold him in a tomb in the garden...
and nothing can bind Him now and keep Him from performing his word ..
in the life of one WHO will totally yield their lives to God.
And,IMO..as,much as the,subject is repellant,
The,CHURCHES, should all make an outcry of prAyer for the,victims .

The more,I posted on this,it became more obvious,

I'm sure no one here or in their parishes,and,congregations
Knew,.

But if the,CHURCHES are responsible ..their members,should pray for these souls,...lost from betrayal ..

I don't care, whose,Church .

But is,it not true in most non Catholic Churches,..if the congregation
Found out such a thing happened . The,clergy would be gone ???
Hopefully jailed ..

I don't have that much experience ..But I'm pretty sure the Pastor answered, to the congregation...not vice versa,..or to someone who moved them among other children ??
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484235 Oct 22, 2013
Yes. The truth is unchanging although the box it comes in varies. <smile>
----------
The Box the Truth comes in is Mother's Old Black Bible.
The Truth is immoveable.
Facts are not necessarily 'truth'. Mountains can be removed. Rivers can be re-routed...etc.
KayMarie
What girls I left behind? I married one of them. Been married 39 years. The others, I am sure if they are still alive are enjoying their lives.

I was no different then many young people in my day. You must have spent your friday/saturday nights in the library.

When I was 18 I worked in a grocery store. Bold girls would come in and ask me if I had a car and if we could get together after my work. Sure! Other girls would phone me or I would phone them or meet them somewhere.

All part of growing up.

I sure miss the 60s!!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484236 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was one of your kids that was sexually molested by an older man, you would want IMMEDIATE ACCOUNTABILITY. That never happened in your church, the victims were always played to have been lying or farbricating a story against a priest. After all who would believe a 14 year old boy over the beloved parish priest.

Its obvious we were wrong!

Better late then never! YA!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484237 Oct 22, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You are on here more than I am, get a life, now go, chop chop. LMFAO
Very uncalled for....

Repent.....you are making your Catholic family look very bad.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484238 Oct 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think your language or methods are much appreciated here, you should re-think the way you're acting and maybe talk to your priest.
Thank you, Anthony!

This person needs to repent....

Location hidden

#484239 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
OXBOW says..........God did not come from...He always was...and will always be...
Michael says....If God has always existed (infinite), and God has a purpose, what was his purpose for all time, before mankind who only recently arrived in the past 1 million or so years?
What God would create billions of imperfect beings, only to have them relegated to a place of fire/suffering for all eternity because they were imperfect beings?
If there is a God he could have just created 100,000 beings or what number God wanted to who automatically went to heaven whenever he wanted them, instead of this long drawn out affair of Adam/Eve, Jesus, etc, living/dieing/needless suffering, people born with deformaties, murders, rapes, suicides, disease and famine......and the greatest of all FEAR!
Read the OT, God was an all punishing God. Not the God I would worship. In the NT somehow God EVOLVED or morphed into an all LOVING GOD.
UNBELIEVABLE!
God does not punish..He exercises Divine Judgment...He does not change...never has...never will...

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#484240 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they had instructions from the Hierarchy on how to handle things.
Now, they still have instructions from the hierarchy on how to handle things.
Again, your logic is failing. If it was being covered up, who among the "devout catholics" would have known about it?
Same fallacy on display.
I asked Liam ..ask you ..is,there now that it's,known ...any prayer from pulpit or congregation ..for the victims ..I'm sure there is,fir the Church ..her reputation...the damage caused to the,Faith ...But is,THere prayer specifically for the victims .

Even at Mass when they say pray for the departed SOULs .the sick.the ,Church ...the social safety net ..the Bishop ...etc .

If not ..maybe during bible study ..

Just an idea,...for the congregation ...the priests ..who had formerly
Been ignorant of the truth..

I know,you are,part of your Church by what you've said .
Again ..if not done now, and I don't know,if it is,...why not suggest it ???

#484241 Oct 22, 2013
who="Liam " <quoted text>
Christ started His Church with thieves, prostitutes and murderers. What's your point? Are you saying the Catholic Church couldn't be the true one because it has sinners??
Maybe you should read your Bible again. Use a pink highlighter so it won't be confused with the yellow.

----------
Paul was a murderer until he met Jesus. He named a number of sinful behaviors, then said, "and such WERE some of you, but you are washed".

Jesus' blood STILL washes the sinner clean.

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#484242 Oct 22, 2013
education.
----------
THAT EXPLAINS IT !!! The crazy stuff coming out of our colleges today (from liberal, communist, anti-religious professors) is threatening our freedom and our good sense.
You need a REAL education...get a Bible.
KayMarie
Self.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484243 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Get the stats from Cozzens, then, and cite them please.
2.) You're asserting here that gay men are pedophiles?
3.) Most protestant churches don't report "up". They are self-contained vs. Catholic churches.
4.) You still haven't informed us as to how "most" clergy knew what bad acts any of their fellows were doing.
5.) Any priest who's ever lived has been a sinner. They still have to administer the Sacraments.
How many times in america, how many times around the world do you think this scenario happened.

A priest gets caught buggering a child. Bishop covers up the abuse and the parish is informed their beloved priest is getting moved to a far way parish, where his services are needed. The unknowing women in the parish throw a "going away party" for the molesting priest giving him gifts and well wishes. As this offending priest comes to the new parish, another party. A welcoming party! with more gifts/cakes/pies.

A lot of parties given to men who deserved hard jail time not their favorite cakes and expensive gifts.

#484244 Oct 22, 2013
who="Judy"<quoted text>
The bible has too much violence and sexual stuff!

----------
The Bible teaches us to live WITHOUT violence and 'sexual stuff'.

What sort of TV programs do you watch?

KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min Remnant of 144000 39,665
MESSAGE to Pastor John McArthur of GYT.org 7 min Doctor REALITY 5
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 15 min busted 165
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min Holy Virgin Dr Sh... 608,291
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min Mr Ntate Abuti- 176,071
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 23 min -TheExam- 1,378
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min Stilgar Fifrawi 810,588
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 52 min RiccardoFire 97,932
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 269,091
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 15 hr perfect massage r... 206
More from around the web