Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
467,221 - 467,240 of 533,041 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Shows you what hartred lies inside some people doesn't it.
Yes!

We shall know them by their deeds.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of possiblities. Your belief is just one of these theories.
Really????!!! Show me one hundred of these theories....
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
We ARE a member of the BODY OF CHRIST JESUS.....that is it!!!
Protestant bible only fundamentalists are members of a "rebellious and defiant" group of (wayword) Prodigal Son (anti-catholic) "half-truth, half-heresy (so-called) Christians. Protestism is "nothing more" than a hodge-podge of over 42,169 contradicting "relative truth" bible interpreters who have "appointed themselves" to re-write their own (editorialized) Fictitious Church History Stories of myths and legends and then mis-quote and mis-interpret the TRUE Interpretation of the bible that was given to them over 1700 years ago by the the Catholic Church and Early Church Fathers, who wrote the bible)......that is it!!!!..... Truth--you really need to cancel your subscription" to your 21st century bible only "fictitious" Church History Protestant "comic books" because they are corrupting and polluting your mind, heart and soul with lies and distortions of the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible!
Judy

Coldwater, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ started His Church with thieves, prostitutes and murderers. What's your point? Are you saying the Catholic Church couldn't be the true one because it has sinners??
Maybe you should read your Bible again. Use a pink highlighter so it won't be confused with the yellow.
The bible has too much violence and sexual stuff!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, I forgot. The Bible just appeared out of nowhere. No Church compiled it. It just appeared.
in a sense yes! No one can verify who the actual writers were because there are no original manuscripts.(suspicious) Anyone could have written anything. The writings as we know them today were supposedly compiled before the end of the first century AD and mysteriously disappeared for nearly a century when they all miraculously appeared compiled at the same time on ONLY the doorstep of the catholic fathers and no one else in about 180 AD.

Where were all these writings for nearly 100 years? The early writings according to christians were inspired as the words of God, but when the catholic fathers re-edited them deleted what they didn't like and added what they did like re-inspiring them for a second time but re-edited.

....something is wrong!
UNBELIEVABLE!
Judy

Coldwater, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, my use or non use of contraception really doesn't matter to the truth.
In the past, I'm guilty of using contraception. I'm also guilty of a whole slew of other sins. Currently, for reasons that are none of your business, I am not still having children.
Liam you were not guilty of using contraception you were being just smart.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did your deity come from ?
Do you clowns ever get tired of falling on your own swords ?
My nine year old jackass has never seen the inside of a classroom...has no idea what a university is...he is not educated...but he is not dumb...

If he could talk he could answer this question: And how did the universe get to be to have this force?

God did not come from...He always was...and will always be...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the buggers you eat come from ?
Why can you not answer my question??? "Where did this DNA come from that proved that Adam/Eve never were????"

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any verifiable stats that say otherwise? No you don't because none exist. All you have is your bigoted perverse agenda. Reign your fellow fanatics in. They are all over the map on the teachings of the Lord.
One lost soul is too many ...I'm sure most clergy would never imagine doing horrible sin ...BUT THE COVER UP...And the lack of outcry from
The people is,what gets,people upset ..
It's,not good that the,average Catholic who didn't know gets the bad name ..it's not fair .

But what did they do after it came out ...are there prayer efforts in the CHURCHES for the VICTIMS...I don't know .
If not ..what a great idea,at BIble study of from.the pulpit ???

My understanding is that most PROTESTANT churches can fire their pastor
..Catholics cannot ..
But SIN IS SIN. in any Church especially ..no excuses

One child hurt ..ONE LOST SOUL ..especially if it could be prevented ...one man having his,pleasure ....using no protection......then abandoning the woman or paying for her to have an Abortion ...is too many .

WE can maybe just pray on our own ..But what a great thing to get others to pray ...Not just for protecting the CHURCH...BUT FOR HE VICTIMS,

JUST a thought
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was a priest/bishop in a diocese who had buggered a child, the rest of the priests in the diocese I am sure were well aware of it. They know everything about each other. All told to keep quiet and let it go.........and they complied fearing reprisal from their bishop.
We all has a duty to report a crime when it occurs. An adult male having oral sex with a minor is a felony crime, covering up such a crime is an obstruction of justice and a crime.
I am sure if I threw a tiny stone threw a church window, the priests/parishioners in that parish would have 9-1-1 on speed dial to have me arrested, but when their beloved priest committed disgusting crimes against children, the parishioners were SILENT and berated anyone making accusations! UNBELIEVABLE!
.....tell me what I posted is incorrect?
Your assumptions that every priest would know if one of their fellows had committed a sexual offense.

Thus, a lot of your post.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Really????!!! Show me one hundred of these theories....
Can you verify this is the only universe? Can you give me evidence that no other life forms exist anywhere else? Can you tell me what Gods purpose was before mankind evolved?

two people you and me. Both different theories. Just 2 people, X's that by millions of people and you have many different theories of how came about.

over the history of mankind there have been many gods and goddesses worshipped, everyone claiming their god or goddess is the right god. Your God is just one in a long line of God theories.

.....silly question you ask.

Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
in a sense yes! No one can verify who the actual writers were because there are no original manuscripts.(suspicious) Anyone could have written anything. The writings as we know them today were supposedly compiled before the end of the first century AD and mysteriously disappeared for nearly a century when they all miraculously appeared compiled at the same time on ONLY the doorstep of the catholic fathers and no one else in about 180 AD.
Where were all these writings for nearly 100 years? The early writings according to christians were inspired as the words of God, but when the catholic fathers re-edited them deleted what they didn't like and added what they did like re-inspiring them for a second time but re-edited.
....something is wrong!
UNBELIEVABLE!
Um, if no one's seen the originals, as you put forth, then you'd have no earthly idea what would have been added or edited, as there's no original to compare it to.

Yeah, "something is wrong" all right. Your post here.
Judy

Coldwater, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, I forgot. The Bible just appeared out of nowhere. No Church compiled it. It just appeared.
The Bible didn't appear out of nowhere. It's men that put it together.
The big news about the Bible it was not written in English and many books were left out. Many words have different meaning in different languages, have different meanings throughout centuries and the words even have different meanings in the same language.

You can take any quote in the Bible and ten people will take it and explain it in different ways.
No wonder people's minds get so mixed up and cause so much trouble.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
You were doing good there Liam until you said: "Thankfully it was a low percentage who did it."
It's sad that you believe it was low percentage. Many documents were destroyed, victims were kept silent by fear tactics and don't forget about those endless amount of papers and documents that were shipped to the Vatican to be kept away from the public and away from the law.
You must have taken Logic Class with Michael up there in Canada.

If documents were destroyed and/or kept away from people, how then can you profess here as to what these documents contained? No one's seen them if we accept your premise, but you know what they contained?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that example of Christian brainwashing.
"I said you are all Gods." - Psalm 82
I am a God, just like Jesus.
You are a disgrace to us.
~~~

It does not matter if we are a disgrace to you or any others in theif forum

as long as we are not a disgrace to our creator..

My spirit has experienced a new birth..

I am a new creature in Christ Jesus...

I have no interest in your carnal deductions and temporal information....You look to the natural..I look to the power of God
and the super natural

I seek eternal knowledge that come from a different source

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any verifiable stats that say otherwise? No you don't because none exist. All you have is your bigoted perverse agenda. Reign your fellow fanatics in. They are all over the map on the teachings of the Lord.
you are the one that I replied to, not them. you said it was just a few but stats prove it is all over the world in YOUR AND SATANS church
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My nine year old jackass has never seen the inside of a classroom...has no idea what a university is...he is not educated...but he is not dumb...
If he could talk he could answer this question: And how did the universe get to be to have this force?
God did not come from...He always was...and will always be...
OXBOW says..........God did not come from...He always was...and will always be...

Michael says....If God has always existed (infinite), and God has a purpose, what was his purpose for all time, before mankind who only recently arrived in the past 1 million or so years?

What God would create billions of imperfect beings, only to have them relegated to a place of fire/suffering for all eternity because they were imperfect beings?

If there is a God he could have just created 100,000 beings or what number God wanted to who automatically went to heaven whenever he wanted them, instead of this long drawn out affair of Adam/Eve, Jesus, etc, living/dieing/needless suffering, people born with deformaties, murders, rapes, suicides, disease and famine......and the greatest of all FEAR!

Read the OT, God was an all punishing God. Not the God I would worship. In the NT somehow God EVOLVED or morphed into an all LOVING GOD.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church has not only changes Gods Laws, and the Holy Scriptures, it has also changed it's only laws and doctrine down through history many times.
To cover up their own lies and sinful behavior, depending on which pope was in power.
God does not change, Jesus said not one {t} or {.} would change from His Holy Word. The Holy Bible is God breathed, the catholic's have denied it as such, what blaspheme .
When did they deny that?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. The basics of Christianity is the mass and Eucharist. It doesn't get anymore simple than that.
No it isn't.

The basics of Christianity is the belief in what Jesus taught.

You and all of Christianity have failed at that.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are enormous problems with your statement above. Really, you'd have to pretend a series of lies are true, then you have to pretend that your private interpretations of some of the Apostles letters are infallible.
Self.

I'm not sure why you are complaining, you only believe in less than half of the original Apostles, and then you think you can correct someone for believing in the remaining half.

Hypocrite much?
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You accept a conspiracy Christianity. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but you do not preach the same Christianity as the Apostles.
They explained the faith already. Check out what their Disciples wrote...
"Conspiracy Christianity"

No Such thing, except with those so-called "Christians" who refuse to accept the facts about their religion, like many I've posted.

The only conspiracy going on, is the one in which men duped other men into thinking something to be true, when they themselves don't or didn't have the facts, but still went with "hope".

DOH!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you best be careful who you say who fail who huh?
Statistically protestant leaders failed as much or more. According to Billy Graham's grandson who runs an abuse investigation program it's worse in evangelical circles. Better just to admit we're all sinners and do our best to keep it from happening.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

407 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Commander Bunny 256,741
Last Word + 2 8 min andet1987 278
self is an illusion 10 min andet1987 4
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 10 min AD HOTEL 413
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 11 min Uzi 36,539
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 19 min shyam 4,835
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Tide with Beach 721,627
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 34 min Uzi 115,377
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Le_le 172,503