Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685776 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484443 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
My discussion has nothing to do about God. It has to do about people who claim to represent God....
Yes ...EXACTLY ..yet your heart for whatever reason holds,such
animus towards,them..

That you can't seek comfort from God ..I know what you were taught..You need the RCC to have God in your life ..

You don't ..

But you DO NEED HIM..

And bitterness,...blocks YOUR SEEKING YOUR TRUE FATHER ..because
You believe GOD SHOULD STOP THE ABUSE ..

GODS hand is in every revelation...against ANY CHURCH ...they are not
In secrecy any more ....HIS WAS,ARE NOT OURS .

WHAT I'M SAYING ...do not let their SIN keep you from GOD ..

HE IS,LOVE ..

I did not come to FULL love of my Saviour ..through technology SPIRIT ..getting to me ..in several ways,..letting me know

THE HOLE IN MY HEART ...all my life ..was GOD SIZED...only HE COULD..
FILL IT ...And it was NOT a,priest who told me ..

Any source can plant the seed .. how ever old you are

You learned about Jesus ...now you need HIM IN YOUR HEART ..

HE FILLS IT PERFECTLY ...I can attest to that .

Just ask .. with a humble heart ..
hojo

Chaska, MN

#484444 Oct 23, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,

Making a point here, HOJO...do you see it?
What I see from you, Truth is "typical bible only anti-catholic heretical" (distorting of the truth) opinions in which "fundies" (just like you) have become experts at "cherry picking" a bunch of bible verses, quoting and misquoting them, then interpreting (or better yet mis-interpret) each one of them, in order that they (neatly) fit into your 16th century Protestant "fictitious (bible only) doctrine" that has absolutely "no basis" of ANY biblical or historical truth! The TRUE Interpretation of the TRUE WORD OF GOD, has, is and will continue to be in the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ which is manifested (in and through) HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church........ Heretical teachers, false preachers and distorting of the truth (ministers) have come and gone for over 2000 years----YET---the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church---LIVES ON----just like Jesus said it would in Matthew 16:13-21.
Michael

Canada

#484445 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Without repentence? How in the hell would you know that?
According to the John Jay report there was a <4% chance that a priest even had an accusation. Of those <4%, some of them were inappropriate language or physical contact such as an arm around the shoulder or a hand on the leg. In the end, out of 109,000+ priests over 50 years there were 252 convictions resulting in 0.0023% chance that I received communion from a priest who had abused. I think I'm in good shape Mike.
Anthony says.......Without repentence? How in the hell would you know that?

Michael says.....Read this below, about Then Cardinal Ratzinger

very disturbing.......I am sure you would agree.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013...

Liam

Detroit, MI

#484446 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam says...There is not one member of the Catholic Church who's without sin.
Michael says.....What does that have to do with anything? The degree of sin is most important. Stealing an apple from a store, or a pen from work, and raping a child aren't even in the same league. Everyone would agree. Lieing, deceiving and covering up sin is just as bad as the ones who committed these horrible crimes. There is lots of blame to go around and it goes right to the very top of the church. Yes! they are finally doing something about it, but if it wasn't for the brave victims and their families lining up to tell their stories, the abuses, coverups and lies would be still going on as before.
An organization that is in the BUSINESS of teaching others how they are suppose to live a moral, decent life, have no business being in that business, if they don't even practice what they preach.
Agree?
No I don't agree. You're focussing on very small percentage of the Church. I don't understand why you do that. Actually, I do understand. I stated your reasons earlier.
Why don't you get your family together this weekend. Cousins, uncles, nephews. Everyone. Then, if you are indeed concerned about child sexual abuse, you'll address everyone in the room about it. Because statistically speaking, there are more in your family than the Catholic Church. And you don't know about it, because somebody (perhaps even you) is silent on it.
All statistics I've ever seen, vindicate the Catholic Church. And the Church itself will be the first to say that any number is STILL to high. That's why they have a zero tolerance and perhaps society in general, and your extended family too, could learn a little from them.
truth

Perth, Australia

#484447 Oct 23, 2013
accuser is is always some..

what Jesus Christ say
'go out from him or her'..

-its exist very low organization
-its exist very high organization

to ruin every person and every family..

That accusers are every day very active all around world past present and future from very low life to high achievement and high position.

Jesus Christ know who they are.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#484448 Oct 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Do you keep the commandments of Jesus? Do you love God? No. Do you love your neighbor as yourself? No.
A Christian is any person, no matter what his color, class or creed may have been, who believes the Record that God has given of His Son in the Word of God; accepts the verdict of God upon himself as a sinner; confesses that he is lost and hell-deserving; makes bare his heart and all his sins to God only; asks to be cleansed in the Savior's Precious Blood, throwing himself for salvation by faith alone, through grace alone, on Christ alone. The true Christian gladly confesses: "I'm only a sinner and nothing at all, but Jesus Christ is my all in all."
WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
A Christian is anyone who heeds the commandments of Jesus. Love God. Love your neighbor. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#484449 Oct 23, 2013
500 Years of the Protestant Reformation

"October 21, 2013.( Romereports.com ) The year 2017 will mark 500 years since the start of the Protestant Reformation. The International Lutheran-Roman Catholic Commission on Unity, met with the Pope to strengthen their relationship by the time that key anniversary comes.

During their meeting, Pope Francis highlighted that the collaboration between Lutherans and Catholics has grown substantially in recent decades.

POPE FRANCIS
“I feel a profound sense of gratitude towards Jesus Christ, for the many steps that have been taken to improve the relationship between Lutherans and Catholics in recent decades. Not only through theological dialogue but also by means of brotherly collaboration in many pastoral fields and, above all, in our commitment to advance in spiritual ecumenism.”

The Pope explained that Catholics and Lutherans can ask for mutual forgiveness for the harm that they have inflicted on one another. He added that more challenges surely lie ahead, but still he said, there's no need to panic.

At the end of their meeting, the General Secretary for the Lutheran World Federation gave the Pope a symbolic gift, to mark the recent incident in Lampedusa, where hundreds of African immigrants drowned.

JORGE MURGEN
“I give you this simple teapot from a refugee. Her name is Fatima. She's from Somalia. She fled a refugee camp in Kenya, Dadaab. It's currently the largest refugee camp in the world, with over 400,000 refugees.”

POPE FRANCIS
“We're attacked by those who don't accept us, regardless of whether a person is Lutheran, Catholic, Orthodox or Coptic. Our blood is not divided.”

The Pope was very moved as he received the gift. He added that it gives a new dimension to ecumenism, which he described as an ecumenism of martyrdom."
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#484450 Oct 23, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you disagree with me....
It is crucial to understanding the Bible definition of a Christian!
Jesus provided the definition for Christians. Love God. Love your neighbor.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#484451 Oct 23, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
“[not directed at me, just my two cents]
When JESUS WAS asked by his Blessed Mother… he turned water into wine, at the wedding in Cana. Blessed Mother said “ Do whatever HE tells you” John 1 5-7”

Regina replied….
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Star! Here is also a type in the OT (there are others, but I love this one):
1 Kings 2:19-25
19 So Bathsheba went to King Solomon, to speak to him on behalf of Adonijah. The king rose to meet her, and bowed down to her; then he sat on his throne, and had a throne brought for the king’s mother, and she sat on his right. 20 Then she said,“I have one small request to make of you; do not refuse me.” And the king said to her,“Make your request, my mother; for I will not refuse you.”
<3 that verse! Goes to show how sons are obedient to their Mothers as we all should be, and as JESUS was.

Doing well, thanks be to God.
\o/
Hope you are too.
:)
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#484452 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The most disturbing single issue in your church in 500 years and catholics pretend it doesn't exist.
I've met a lot of Catholics and I don't know any who pretend it doesn't exist.
truth

Perth, Australia

#484453 Oct 23, 2013
holy scripture describe to you
not to wish nothing from your neighbor
don't remove ancient borders

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#484454 Oct 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So those folks,on thE beach ..the,ones in parades,following statues ..are,praying quietly in their closets????..
CATHOLics pray in public all the TIme....so why laugh or say we,should quoting scripture ..
Hey, I'm quoting Scripture, take it up with the Apostles.

Parading.....singing yes!
Praying “quietly” is like being in a closet.
:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484455 Oct 23, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
A Christian is anyone who heeds the commandments of Jesus. Love God. Love your neighbor. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
They embrace all that is required in the Old Testament scriptures. Christ did not "make the scene" until the NT.....some 4 or 5 hundred years after the recorded end of the
OT...

a Christian, i.e. follower of Christ:

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#484456 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan says..........making presumptive statements.
Michael says.......no! I post factual information. I stated 8 dioceses in america have filed for bankruptcy in the past 10 years regarding abuse scandal costs. I list them below.
1) archdiocese of Portland Oregon
2) diocese of Milwaukee Wi.
3) diocese of Davenport Iowa
4) diocese of Spokane Wa.
5) diocese of Fairbanks Alaska
6) diocese of Wilminton Deleware
7) Oregon province of the society of jesus
8) diocese of Tucson Arizona
http://ncronline.org/news/accountability/milw...
here is #9 that was recorded September 2013 Diocese of New Mexico bankruptcy.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/04/us-...
......again tell me what I am posting is incorrect as you imply?
I bring the news you don't know. The news you don't want to know. The news everyone should know.
And I bring the news YOU don’t want to hear.[LOL]

New Catholic Churches opening up

1)Longmont, Co
http://www.timescall.com/ci_21703002/st-franc...

2)St Francis of Assisi in Longmont
http://www.timescall.com/ci_21703002/st-franc...

3)Texas
http://blog.chron.com/believeitornot/2012/04/...

4)New Catholic Church opens its doors in the United Arab Emirates
http://www.romereports.com/palio/new-catholic...

5)The church will be open to all from this Friday. Masses will be conducted in English with services in Malayalam, Tagalog, Tamil, Konkani, Arabic and Sinhalese.
Read more:
http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/new-c...

6)Apr 15, 2013
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/252821/2/N... -

Images of new Churches
https://www.google.com/search...

http://catholicmanhattan.blogspot.com/

7)New Church opens in Reedly
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story...

8)AND MY MOST FAVIORTE!!! Christ Cathedral in my area!! YES!
http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/the-crys...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484457 Oct 23, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
a Christian, i.e. follower of Christ..

Its called Strong's Greek lexicon of the Kione Greek language from the which was translated into English..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484458 Oct 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
I feel your frustration.
Jesus supposedly "died for our sins", but yet there is still sin.
I guess he only covered "sin" up and to the day he supposedly died, huh?
What is believable, if one were to believe in what Jesus taught, one would find that this "belief" of "died for our sins" isn't anything Jesus taught, but only came from men who thought they knew what they were talking about [Self], but failed miserably.
You do believe Jesus, right?
<quoted text>
This sounds like a "Dan" response.
Since I didn't say this in any of my posts, where did you get this little tidbit from?
I betcha you've been hanging onto it for sometime, and just waiting to pounce and post, huh?
Uhm....okay - if this is how you really feel about fundamentalists.
He died to pay the price for Our Sins,...all of them ..He knew would would SIN here and Now .

If ONLY HIS,BLOOD could pay the price ..because HE was,sinless ..ten PERFECT LAMB...then it was a,once and ONLY sacrifice .
HE TOOK THE,sin ..yours,and,mine on that Cross ..

Not that He would have to do it again ...And again ...

So He died for Man and his,sin..

It was a gift..like,all gifts it has to be RECIEVED ...we do this,by believing ..by Faith in Him.as,our Saviour ..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484459 Oct 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What I see from you, Truth is "typical bible only anti-catholic heretical" (distorting of the truth) opinions in which "fundies" (just like you) have become experts at "cherry picking" a bunch of bible verses, quoting and misquoting them, then interpreting (or better yet mis-interpret) each one of them, in order that they (neatly) fit into your 16th century Protestant "fictitious (bible only) doctrine" that has absolutely "no basis" of ANY biblical or historical truth! The TRUE Interpretation of the TRUE WORD OF GOD, has, is and will continue to be in the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ which is manifested (in and through) HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church........ Heretical teachers, false preachers and distorting of the truth (ministers) have come and gone for over 2000 years----YET---the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church---LIVES ON----just like Jesus said it would in Matthew 16:13-21.
Churches (as you call them, HOJO) often seem to be so into marketing and promoting their own particular name brand of faith that the heart of the Gospel suffers.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484460 Oct 23, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
Depends on what LAW you are talking about.....

If you are talking about the Law of Moses.....NO, we are NOT under the Law of Moses.....

If you are talking about the Law of Christ and under grace....YES, that would be the answer.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484461 Oct 23, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
And, like I said, I agree with this....but there is much more to being a Christian.....
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#484462 Oct 23, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on what LAW you are talking about.....
If you are talking about the Law of Moses.....NO, we are NOT under the Law of Moses.....
If you are talking about the Law of Christ and under grace....YES, that would be the answer.....
WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 21 min positronium 26,373
Glorious ECLIPSE coming TODAY @10:45 am in Arka... 45 min Doctor REALITY 1
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 1 hr Ricky F 1,834
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Robert F 985,710
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 35
How To Recover Yahoo mail account Password Quick 3 hr johnwick91 1
What is the most forbidden sex you have had ? (Nov '16) 7 hr StefH 10
More from around the web