Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658742 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#484373 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the only thing any of us know for sure about you is that you're obssessed with abuse by Catholic priests and never say a word about abuse by protestants and secualr institutions where it's many times worse.
Well then lets talk about the vatican money laundering scandal.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-...

An organization that preaches they are the most righteous and have the keys to the kingdom of heaven, they certainly don't seem to act that way. No sir!

Liam

Chicago, IL

#484374 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
His voice like yours has been mostly silent on here.
The most disgusting issue in the catholic church in the past 500 years and catholics are by the most part SILENT.
What is their fear in asking their church leaders. What the hell has been going on?........SILENCE!
UNBELIEVABLE!
Face it. You hate the CC for reasons that have nothing to do with abuse allegations. You're nuts if you think we can't see what you're about.
You left the Church; you don't believe in God; the Church's social moral teachings conflict with your livelihood. That's what its all about.
In fact, that's why every allegation is smeared on the secular news today. The CC was every vocal against same sex marriage here in MN. The local left wing news will not let the Church forget that either.
That's ok, Thomas. The Church has withstood bigots in every decade since 33 AD. You'll be gone and your daily rants will have done nothin to take down the Catholic Church.
Michael

Canada

#484375 Oct 23, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, you are a phony. You've been providing the same propaganda news sources for yrs. There is something wrong with you. I truly believe there is no differences between guilty clergy and folks like you, who use the subject for their own personal vendetta by blowing up the stories and posting every allegation- unfounded or not.
Why is it that 95% of your posts are about child sexual abuse, when there is not one shred of evidence that it is more so in the Catholic Church than your own Ontario community?
Then, when we point that out, you say we aren't 'speaking out against the Church enough'?
Your a phony, get a life.
Clay:

You don't have to answer my posts. Its obvious you are another with his head in the sand just hoping this will all just go away.

Lets talk about the other big vatican scandal that involves MONEY LAUNDERING.

Are you going to say I am making this up?

http://rt.com/news/vatican-mafia-laundering-m...

Don't you believe people have a right to know what is going on in their church.....good and bad?

You just want everyone to sit around holding hands singing KUM-BY-YA and pretend nothing is going on.

I bring the news that catholics should know about but don't want to know about.

Dan

Atlanta, GA

#484376 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
An organization that preaches they are the most righteous and have the keys to the kingdom of heaven, they certainly don't seem to act that way. No sir!
Diversion noted, unless we're now to take this as you "standing up" for financial "abuse".

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484377 Oct 23, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church played a pivotal role in seeing to it that justice served Rev Wehmeyer. There was no cover up there.
Archbishop Flynn resigned due to the allegations against Fr Keating. When reports surfaced about Keatings insolvent with a couple teenage girls (when he was a seminary student, not a priest) the Archdiocese turned the matter over to the Chisago county police for possible criminal charges. The police found none to charge him with.
Now, a disgruntled former employee of the Church went to the media to smear the diocese. It worked.
We'll see how it all plays out. If there are guilty clergy, let justice be done. But so far, there is no evidence of a cover up.
Clay...

NAB:
And coming to her, he said, "Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you."

NABre: And coming to her, he said, "Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you."

Douay-Rheims: And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

And: The Douay-Rheims Bible: Translated from the Latin Vulgate ...
www.amazon.com ›…› Criticism & Interpretation

The Douay-Rheims Bible: Translated from the Latin Vulgate, Diligently Compared with the Hebrew, Greek and Other Editions in Diverse Languages [Roman Catholic …

Which version of the Catholic Bible are you reading that reads "Hail Mary Full of Grace"???
Michael

Canada

#484378 Oct 23, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it. You hate the CC for reasons that have nothing to do with abuse allegations. You're nuts if you think we can't see what you're about.
You left the Church; you don't believe in God; the Church's social moral teachings conflict with your livelihood. That's what its all about.
In fact, that's why every allegation is smeared on the secular news today. The CC was every vocal against same sex marriage here in MN. The local left wing news will not let the Church forget that either.
That's ok, Thomas. The Church has withstood bigots in every decade since 33 AD. You'll be gone and your daily rants will have done nothin to take down the Catholic Church.
Liam says........the Church's social moral teachings conflict with your livelihood. That's what its all about.

Michael says. No! your churches leaders for centuries have not been following THEIR OWN MORAL teachings, or there wouldn't be scandal after scandal.

Your very own ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH canon laws/papal documents outline the most serious problems your church leaders have had for centuries and for the first time this issue is finally being addressed, not because the church cared about any victims but because the number of cases became so overwhelming they couldn't cover them up anymore.

Every sunday the church asks for more money, but for some reason there seems to be lots if this is now the second MONEY LAUNDERING scandal involving the vatican bank since 1985.

If there was another money laundering scandal involving Bank America or JP Morgan americans would be screaming, but when its their church scandal involving THEIR money donated..........SILENCE.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#484380 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says.........The number of alleged abuses increased in the 1960s, peaked in the 1970s, declined in the 1980s, and by the 1990s had returned to the levels of the 1950s."
Michael says....
........During the past 1700 years, the Roman Catholic Church, as graphically illustrated through its Canonical, Papal, and Councilor documents, has been acutely aware of child rape and sodomy by its Bishops, Priests, and Religious. Because of many factors including the failure to enforce celibacy, growing problems of solicitation in the confessional, the neglect of the canonical enforcement of gravely sinful acts by Clerics, and the abhorrence of any scandal, the Roman Catholic Church by omission has fostered a secret world of sexual laxity that allowed children and vulnerable adults to be objects of sexual gratification for its Bishops, Priests, Religious and lay employees.
...... The crisis and the roman catholic documents made available affect every baptized Roman Catholic in the world. Thus, the lack of enforcement had put every Roman Catholic child and the faithful in peril.
Anthony did not say this, the John Jay College of Criminal Justice said it. I cited the source.

Michael did not say this, Patrick Wall said it. You plagiarized it from Richard Sipe's website.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#484381 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem for you, you left. I think you have a huge axe to grind with the Catholic Church Mike, you should probably seek counseling. And maybe we should have your computer hard drive checked out while we're at it.
Michael

Canada

#484382 Oct 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"catholics are by the most part SILENT."
Now, you extend your presumptive reach beyond Clay to "catholics in the most part".
Again, how are you privy to what they've said or done?
You aren't.
I who have done no wrong, am criticized for informing others of those who have done much wrong, yet no criticism of them.

8 roman catholic dioceses have filed for bankruptcy in america in the past 10 years as a result of their wrong doings. Thats nearly 1,000 parishes.

... if the church leaders had been living the same moral life that they preach to you, I would have nothing to report about them.

HIPOCRICY!

that is HUGE!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484383 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem for you, you left. I think you have a huge axe to grind with the Catholic Church Mike, you should probably seek counseling. And maybe we should have your computer hard drive checked out while we're at it.
And has no one but me thought there might be a reason .

I left ..I don't agree with some things .

I never stopped believing in God .

I still occasionally attend a mass .

I do not HATE the Church ...nor GOD ...

Certain subjects hit me personally...on those I am passionate .
MICHAEL is passionate on this .

My posts to him.yesterday ..we're about SINFUL PEOPLE. Are NOT GOD ...
nor do they act on His behalf .

No matter which CHURCH did what....young people or their families or friends were HURT ...And may blame God .

That's why I kept talking about victims ..

And prayers for them

JUST an observation.

Maybe he knows someone who was hurt ???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484384 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay:
You don't have to answer my posts. Its obvious you are another with his head in the sand just hoping this will all just go away.
Lets talk about the other big vatican scandal that involves MONEY LAUNDERING.
Are you going to say I am making this up?
http://rt.com/news/vatican-mafia-laundering-m...
Don't you believe people have a right to know what is going on in their church.....good and bad?
You just want everyone to sit around holding hands singing KUM-BY-YA and pretend nothing is going on.
I bring the news that catholics should know about but don't want to know about.
Michael. Ill say again ..the bad priests in the CC are not GOD the father
Those who did wrong ...we're NOT doing His,Will.

And HE is the only comfort in a dark world ..

Hat goes for bad ministers ..

BUT YOU were Catholic ..maybe you know a kid that go hurt..

That dies not mean God Wanted it to happen .

Jesus gave special warning o those who.turn children away FROM HIM ..

He wants US,to love Him..
Michael

Canada

#484385 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The very men who taught you and I that we could not receive holy communion with grave sins on our souls. Sins such as lieing, deceiving, and covering up sin, often for years! yet these very same priests/bishops who told us no eucharist, gave themselves the eucharist at EVERY mass they said everyday, without repentance.

You ok with that?

Michael

Canada

#484386 Oct 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael. Ill say again ..the bad priests in the CC are not GOD the father
Those who did wrong ...we're NOT doing His,Will.
And HE is the only comfort in a dark world ..
Hat goes for bad ministers ..
BUT YOU were Catholic ..maybe you know a kid that go hurt..
That dies not mean God Wanted it to happen .
Jesus gave special warning o those who.turn children away FROM HIM ..
He wants US,to love Him..
Its obvious much of what the church teaches is not correct. NO all loving God would allow such crap to go on in his organization under his command.

History tells us there have been many bad popes. Popes that the church elected by the cardinals, and the church claims the holy spirit (god) guides the cardinals in choosing the pope.

........doesn't make any common sense.

Dan

Atlanta, GA

#484387 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I who have done no wrong, am criticized for informing others of those who have done much wrong, yet no criticism of them.
8 roman catholic dioceses have filed for bankruptcy in america in the past 10 years as a result of their wrong doings. Thats nearly 1,000 parishes.
... if the church leaders had been living the same moral life that they preach to you, I would have nothing to report about them.
HIPOCRICY!
that is HUGE!
Making presumptive statements sans support isn't "informing" anyone of anything.
Michael

Canada

#484388 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No axe to grind. Just passing on FACTUAL information that digusts me.

This information below is just from last month Sept 2013.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/calif-...

Why don't you start blaming those that created this problem instead of me who has done no wrong?

Dan

Atlanta, GA

#484389 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The very men who taught you and I that we could not receive holy communion with grave sins on our souls. Sins such as lieing, deceiving, and covering up sin, often for years! yet these very same priests/bishops who told us no eucharist, gave themselves the eucharist at EVERY mass they said everyday, without repentance.
You ok with that?
Now, your all-seeing eye goes from what most of all Catholics did or didn't do RE: the scandal to the confessional habits of priests.

You have no idea whether or not they were repentant.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#484390 Oct 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't see where it says two commandments hung the prophets!!!!
~~~
No one said

Two commandments hung the prophets...

You must be kidding...

No Christian should really have such a lack of understanding
of the scriptures...

There is something you can do about it though...

The Bible says...

Jas 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Jas 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Jas 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Michael

Canada

#484391 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony did not say this, the John Jay College of Criminal Justice said it. I cited the source.
Michael did not say this, Patrick Wall said it. You plagiarized it from Richard Sipe's website.
Are you saying you don't believe the canon laws and papal documents of your own church that outline what has been going on for 17 centuries?

Are you saying the church does not have these canon laws regarding this most serious issue?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#484392 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
HIPOCRICY!
that is HUGE!

~~~

YOU WROTE

I am glad that you still admit that there is such a thing as DOING WRONG

IT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE NOT A FULL BLOWN ATHEIST...

and there is still hope for you

TO AN ATHEIST THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS WRONG...

IT IS NEITHER ... BLACK... NOR WHITE...ONLY GRAY
Michael

Canada

#484393 Oct 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Making presumptive statements sans support isn't "informing" anyone of anything.
Dan says..........making presumptive statements.

Michael says.......no! I post factual information. I stated 8 dioceses in america have filed for bankruptcy in the past 10 years regarding abuse scandal costs. I list them below.

1) archdiocese of Portland Oregon
2) diocese of Milwaukee Wi.
3) diocese of Davenport Iowa
4) diocese of Spokane Wa.
5) diocese of Fairbanks Alaska
6) diocese of Wilminton Deleware
7) Oregon province of the society of jesus
8) diocese of Tucson Arizona

http://ncronline.org/news/accountability/milw...

here is #9 that was recorded September 2013 Diocese of New Mexico bankruptcy.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/04/us-...

......again tell me what I am posting is incorrect as you imply?

I bring the news you don't know. The news you don't want to know. The news everyone should know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Leo 618,853
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Neville Thompson 282,992
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 3 min Buck Crick 178
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min Leo 45,618
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min ffj 70,908
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 12 min andet1987 3,035
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 27 min Leo Mars 3,854
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr ffj 974,740
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 9 hr crucifiedguy 5,021
More from around the web