Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603666 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484114 Oct 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You bible only "fundies" have (called yourselves out) since the Reformation to distort, twist and manipulate the TRUTH of the True Interpretation of the Bible and TRUE Church History to "(make the bible) mean ONLY what (each one) of you (editorialists) want it to mean........ Jesus Christ is the ONLY ONE that is "calling you" out of the "darkness" of the bible only (deception and lies) that you "fundies" are living in, into the LIGHT OF THE TRUTH of Jesus Christ in and through HIS historically and biblically PROVEN One True Catholic Church ---AND----into the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH!!
Reformation.....God calling His people to get back to the basics.....the Word of God!

Preach the Word of God.....

As Jesus is the Word of God.....

The Gospel of Jesus Christ....the good news....

Good news....the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ...

The word alone is the rule of faith in Christ Jesus.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484115 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The creative force of the Universe.
And how did the universe get to be to have this force?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484116 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, they do all those things.
There are counseling centers, adoption agencies, etc.
Generally people are tired of placards and marchers. Our world is almost divided on this issue and same sex marriage. Time to move on, people will do what they do. The laws are created by the people.

Where were the followers and voices of the religious against sexual abuse by clergy when it was in the media for years (still is) nothing but silence from the followers. WHY?

Maybe a few marches in front of the bishops residences, or letters of disgust would have gotten a little action back in the day, to prevent even one child from being harmed..........NOTHING but SILENCE!

What God would condone this of any church leaders?

SHAMEFUL!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484117 Oct 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The human race did evolve from the great ape line....DNA has proven it.
DNA has also proven there was no Adam and Eve or human descent from 8 survivors from the supposed Noah's flood....which never happened either.
Where did this DNA come from that proved that Adam/Eve never were????
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484118 Oct 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of possiblities. Your belief is just one of these theories.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#484119 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Marching up and down streets with posters does nothing but draw attention to yourself. The general public has become numb to this tactic.
.....If one is REALLY! concerned about abortions than pro-life people should band together, offer these women support, collect money, go into the hosptials and women shelters pay the women if they would carry their babies to full term and have adoption agencies set up, instead of condeming some poor young girl who might have no support mechanism or no one to turn to.
Its time you get to work instead of useless marching and hateful condemning.
Michael, I can tell you from experince that 90% of girls do not want an abortion. they are between a rock and a hard place.
Parent when they find out their little girl is pregnant push their daughter to have one so she doesn't shame them,
The second reason is because they are afraid their parents will find out they are pregnant.
Every generation forgets what it was like when they were teenagers, I have heard it since I was one myself.
{I quote these teens today) everyone has one everyone has been one but no one wants them around.
In the 60's and 70's they were off to find themself, in the 80's and 90's they still hadn't found them self because they got lost in those drug induce decades.
Well people can't figure out what happened to the kids of this 21 century, they are and were begin raised by the drug induced, if it feels good do it generation.
People got to take off the rose coloured glasses and look at you kids, spend time with them.
When my daughter was young, I assured her to come home if she is ever in trouble no matter what that trouble was.
Always talk to your kids better still let them talk to you, listen to what they are saying you might learn something. If you don't they will go else where.
Try to think back to when you were a teen and what it was like, your kids have the same concerns and challenages are you did.
They have feelings, they have hurts and fears just like you did.
Teens are not freaks, they are people that are trying to please and be excepted by the past generation's of teens.
Who have grown into bodies and way of life and that is all these kids want.
Yeah they sleep a lot, and eat their body weight a day, but they are our children, they didn't ask to be born, and chances are they are just as dishearted by the parents they got as you are with the child you got many days.
And stop telling them about your experinces as a teen, it something they should never hear, and none of them really want to.
Stop trying to fit your chld into a box of what you think they should be they aren't you, their likes may be as far from you as it can possible be.
Love them and except them for who and what they are, they are individuals, when they fall open your arms and catch them.
That is what God does with us always.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484120 Oct 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is coming a day......
Mickey Mouse will spank me ?

ROFLMAO

I am not threatened by your delusions.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484121 Oct 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to capture the true essence of what Jesus was attempting to bring to fruition, research the teachings of Ptah.
The only difference, is he was adapting it to fit the Hebrew nationals in an attempt to bring them back to the old way of peace and harmony from which they were fallen.
Yes. The truth is unchanging although the box it comes in varies. <smile>
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484122 Oct 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Not only did they fail Catholics, they failed society in general. Thankfully it was a low percentage who did it.
Failure is a pretty weak word.

The most heinous crimes/sins committed were the REST of the catholic clergy who had first hand knowledge of these situations and all of them looked the other way and did nothing to protect the church and not the children.

There has been priest/bishop sexual predators in almost every diocese in america and around the world.

check out the USA and your diocese below:

http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/Pri...

No EXCUSE!

*** The very priests who taught you and me from a young age that we could not receive the Eucharist with such sins on our souls, yet EVERYONE of these knowing catholic clergy of another clergy sexually abusing a boy including the clergy abusers gave themselves the Eucharist at every mass they said.

HIPOCRICY!.......at its worst......and still! catholics find excuses or express SILENCE over these most heinous crimes.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#484123 Oct 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't the argument but thanks for your post.
Exactly.
It was nothing more than a poorly contrived attempt to deflect the guilt by projection and deflection of argument.
"But mommy...he did it too"...does NOT change the fact of one bearing guilt associated with the infraction....but a weak attempt to skew the unwanted stigma and judgement because of it.
In any case it is a dishonest tactic.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484124 Oct 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael, I can tell you from experince that 90% of girls do not want an abortion. they are between a rock and a hard place.
Parent when they find out their little girl is pregnant push their daughter to have one so she doesn't shame them,
The second reason is because they are afraid their parents will find out they are pregnant.
Every generation forgets what it was like when they were teenagers, I have heard it since I was one myself.
{I quote these teens today) everyone has one everyone has been one but no one wants them around.
In the 60's and 70's they were off to find themself, in the 80's and 90's they still hadn't found them self because they got lost in those drug induce decades.
Well people can't figure out what happened to the kids of this 21 century, they are and were begin raised by the drug induced, if it feels good do it generation.
People got to take off the rose coloured glasses and look at you kids, spend time with them.
When my daughter was young, I assured her to come home if she is ever in trouble no matter what that trouble was.
Always talk to your kids better still let them talk to you, listen to what they are saying you might learn something. If you don't they will go else where.
Try to think back to when you were a teen and what it was like, your kids have the same concerns and challenages are you did.
They have feelings, they have hurts and fears just like you did.
Teens are not freaks, they are people that are trying to please and be excepted by the past generation's of teens.
Who have grown into bodies and way of life and that is all these kids want.
Yeah they sleep a lot, and eat their body weight a day, but they are our children, they didn't ask to be born, and chances are they are just as dishearted by the parents they got as you are with the child you got many days.
And stop telling them about your experinces as a teen, it something they should never hear, and none of them really want to.
Stop trying to fit your chld into a box of what you think they should be they aren't you, their likes may be as far from you as it can possible be.
Love them and except them for who and what they are, they are individuals, when they fall open your arms and catch them.
That is what God does with us always.
Its very sad.

As you know 50 years ago and before if a young girl became pregnant more often than not their parents shipped the girl off to another city to live in secrecy and shame with some aunt or cousin because the parents were embarassed and didn't want the neighbors to know.

At least today there are safety nets available for some of these children, and the stigma of shame is not like it use to be.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484125 Oct 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did your deity come from ?

Do you clowns ever get tired of falling on your own swords ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484126 Oct 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did this DNA come from that proved that Adam/Eve never were????
Where did the buggers you eat come from ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484127 Oct 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
It was nothing more than a poorly contrived attempt to deflect the guilt by projection and deflection of argument.
"But mommy...he did it too"...does NOT change the fact of one bearing guilt associated with the infraction....but a weak attempt to skew the unwanted stigma and judgement because of it.
In any case it is a dishonest tactic.
Exactly.

The RCC makes the Nazis and KKK look like an amateurs.
Not surprising since Bible God is such an evil genocidal maniac.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484128 Oct 22, 2013
When a man left the seminary he ended up in a dicoese usually for the rest of his service life, shifting around from parish to parish. These priests from the dicoese all know everything about each other. They share living accommodations, they socialize together, they golf together, they holiday together. Each priest/bishop knows who the hard working priests/bishops are, who the drunks and substance abusers are and who the molesters were.

There was no excuse when it came to child abuse within the walls of the church and its- leaders. None of them ever dialed 9-1-1, it was always the victims and their families and even their families lived in horror as many catholics shunned them for accusing or exposing their beloved priest. Let it go they would say!

There is always right and wrong, and the catholic church clergy has done a lot wrong. The ONLY reason today they are now addressing this 17 century problem is because the number of cases became so overwhelming that they couldn't cover them up anymore. Shame on them.

Why would I go to a priest and tell my sins when the priest probably has worst sins on his own soul. Catholics wonder why young people today are running away from the church?

UNBELIEVABLE!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#484129 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The truth is unchanging although the box it comes in varies. <smile>
Exactly. That essence has always been there. It should follow Occam's razor...keep it simple and factual, lending it toward it's own proof in any experiment and/or equation...If it can not be proven out in this method, then there is erroneous material(information) in the equation that needs corrected or removed.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484130 Oct 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. That essence has always been there. It should follow Occam's razor...keep it simple and factual, lending it toward it's own proof in any experiment and/or equation...If it can not be proven out in this method, then there is erroneous material(information) in the equation that needs corrected or removed.
If the belief does not reflect reality then it is the belief that is in error.

Sadly most religions reject reality because it doesn't reflect their beliefs.

"Ostrich Jesus" seems to be an accurate name for it.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484131 Oct 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Not only did they fail Catholics, they failed society in general. Thankfully it was a low percentage who did it.
If there was a priest/bishop in a diocese who had buggered a child, the rest of the priests in the diocese I am sure were well aware of it. They know everything about each other. All told to keep quiet and let it go.........and they complied fearing reprisal from their bishop.

We all has a duty to report a crime when it occurs. An adult male having oral sex with a minor is a felony crime, covering up such a crime is an obstruction of justice and a crime.

I am sure if I threw a tiny stone threw a church window, the priests/parishioners in that parish would have 9-1-1 on speed dial to have me arrested, but when their beloved priest committed disgusting crimes against children, the parishioners were SILENT and berated anyone making accusations! UNBELIEVABLE!

.....tell me what I posted is incorrect?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#484132 Oct 22, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what we do, do ya. Maybe you should look into it. My church does a lot. We are having a diaper drive right now to help poor women who carry their child to term, we offer housing etc.
That's great!!! I think that's a wonderful thing. Now you need to sign up and do something better with your time than spend it here on topix swearing and stalking Rose...chop chop....get going

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#484133 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Failure is a pretty weak word.
The most heinous crimes/sins committed were the REST of the catholic clergy who had first hand knowledge of these situations and all of them looked the other way and did nothing to protect the church and not the children.
There has been priest/bishop sexual predators in almost every diocese in america and around the world.
check out the USA and your diocese below:
http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/Pri...
No EXCUSE!
*** The very priests who taught you and me from a young age that we could not receive the Eucharist with such sins on our souls, yet EVERYONE of these knowing catholic clergy of another clergy sexually abusing a boy including the clergy abusers gave themselves the Eucharist at every mass they said.
HIPOCRICY!.......at its worst......and still! catholics find excuses or express SILENCE over these most heinous crimes.
The worst is the harm to the bodies mind and SOULS OF THE CHILDREN.

And a MAN OF GOD ..make a it worse ..And Church not supporting the family worse ..don't care WHICH CHURCH .

the damage to one, innocent SOUL is,far reaching ..they hate,God.who IS
Their FATHER ..not the Father in Church who hurt them .

Hose men should go to jail...should have been at least moved to a place where there,were no children ....And for the LIFE of me I cannot figure out why they did not ..burying hem in monasteries,would have been the,best cover up and May be saved the Boys AND THE PRIEST from the,FUTURE SIN ..THE bishop is,responsible o protect ALL SOULS from HE NEAR OCCASION TO SIN...

And if non Catholic Church ministers,are guilty ..lock them.up.also.
But hose,guys,don't have he hierarchy that is,supposed to be a check on the,priest ....And,able to cover these things up more effectively ...
OR STICK THEM IN MONASTERIES.

But Michael....those awful men....whatever their title ..Are not OUR REAL FATHER ...turning from he,ONLY REAL COMFORT ...leaves,that God sized hole empty ...And,searching for peace ...

GOD and now the world will deal with these perverted people .

I pray their victims,ate NOT LOST to HIS,LOVE and mercy ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min sangili karuppan 7,689
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 7 min bottom 586
Poll It is fine when the brother makes children of h... 8 min Miranda27 3
The Christian Atheist debate 17 min Into The Night 4,097
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min WasteWater 272,910
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 19 min Honestly 19
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Aerobatty 881,340
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 31 min WasteWater 8,378
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Freebird USA 177,902
More from around the web